New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1471

Thread: Outside 45

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Outside 45

Slaver's Camp

The slaver didn't have a weapon out when he approached. He left his net-gun up in camp, and had a pistol and cudgel at his belt. But he's no longer wearing his belt; now all he's got is a pair of boxer shorts and maybe socks and shoes. His mask has morphed to give him a half-elf's fine-boned face, with large eyes and notably darker skin than the rest of him. Occasionally, as he hallucinates, something weird bubbles across his face- a fish-shape just appeared to swim beneath his skin from his forehead down to his cheek, where it disappeared. When he gets close to the slaver's camp, another slaver fires a net-gun at him; he won't do anything to dodge, unless Meredith manages to puppet him out of the way.

Orion has the advantage that all the slavers are focusing their attention on the outside, away from the buses- they're aim is to defend the buses and to prevent intruders from getting close enough to free the slaves. It hasn't occurred to them that somebody has already crept past and is in the buses. Even if it did, his current attire and face would convince a casual glance that he's supposed to be there.

The first bus, the old Routemaster, has six slaves within- three human, a dwarf, an elf and a half-goblin. One of the humans is male, with pale skin, brown hair and green eyes; he looks to be nearly thirty, with an average build and average height. Another is female, with darker skin, a shaved head and liquid brown eyes; she looks to be in her twenties, and she's slender but wiry and muscular. The third is another man, barely twenty with black dreadlocks hanging to his arse, blue eyes and tanned skin; he's built like a blacksmith, tall with thick arms and shoulders. The dwarf is thick-set, with ruddy skin, a thick golden beard- it even has a metallic tint- and matching hair. The elf is male, with dusky grey skin, bone-white hair and mismatched eyes- one yellow, one red, and a svelte build. The half-goblin is squat, not as short as a true goblin, with large ears, greyish skin and watery blue eyes; she also looks the youngest, in her late teens at best. The dwarf speaks first. "None of us are from the same place. You think we really know who is a murderer, here? Not me, I tell you. I was a farmer, not a killer." He looks the most defiant, with the half-goblin and first man being most nervous-looking. The blacksmith has been crying, and looks petrified; the woman looks defiant, but it's mostly bluster- her eyes are scared. The elf sneers, a wall of confidence and self-assurance between him and everything else.

The second, six-wheeled bus has seven slaves- an elf, four humans, a half-orc and a ghoul. The elves, a young woman with blonde hair, fierce green eyes and teeth filed to points, starts cursing at Orion in a harsh dialect of Elvish when he appears. Three of the humans are female- a woman in her late thirties and her two teenage daughters by the look, with matching green eyes, brown hair and great similarity- though one of the daughters has blue eyes. The fourth human is a tall, slender young man with red hair, a face heavily bruised and battered and cold blue eyes burning with hate. The half-orc is a scarred and muscular chap, with dark green skin, spiky black hair, blue eyes and a heavy tusk on the left side of his mouth. The ghoul is a woman, her hair black, eyes green and thin. She was young when she mutated, and has an attractive figure- were it not for the patchy skin and exposed muscle of a ghoul. Here, Orion's pronouncement is met with silence- bar the elf's continued curses; she made no sign of having understood him. The family looks really scared, and keep glancing at each other; the elf looks fierce, the red-haired man is hateful and the ghoul is trying to hide her fear.

The final tour bus has nine slaves- a minotaur, two orcs, a human, three dwarfs, a halfling, a hobgoblin and a tiefling. The minotaur is stooped within his cage, wearing nothing but his thick black fur, and somebody has sawn off his horns. The two orcs are bulkier than the prior half-orc, with dark orange skin, glossy black hair and dark purple eyes, nearly black. One orc is female; she's taller than the male, but he has a pair of tusks protruding from his lower lip, and she does not. One of the dwarfs, a woman, has jet-black skin, black hair pulled into a ponytail and gold eyes gleaming from her face. Another dwarf is male, with pale skin, metallic copper hair and beard, and malachite-green eyes. The third dwarf is another female, with a thick moustache sweeping to her ears; her skin is quite ruddy, and her hair is dark brown, and her eyes are green; she's also the youngest-looking of all the dwarfs, though it's hard to tell, and they're all quite thick-set and bulky. The halfling is tiny, even for a halfling, bound hand and foot, and gagged; she's got pale skin, dark hair and violet eyes. The hobgoblin is male, tall and lanky, with large ears and a mane of thick reddish-brown hair, brown skin and orange eyes, and he looks young. With the possible exception of the halfling, the hobgoblin is probably the youngest on this bus. The tiefling is in their twenties, androgynous, with bone-white skin, red eyes and a pair of shiny black horns sweeping from forehead to above their ears; instead of hair, they have fine scales over their head and down their back. Orion's pronouncement is met, here, with a clamour of voices as the hobgoblin and dwarfs try to speak over each other, accusing the halfling, tiefling, minotaur or orcs... Or occasionally each other.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

Fayyaad can't sense anything in particular, but what he sees is quite enough to make him uneasy. The trees just... ceased to be? Or were transported Lord knows where?

"That was very ominous. Just what does this shell do? What happened to those trees?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

"Localized, target-able unstable singularity, is what my VWS's analysis is telling me. Essentially, this shell sucks the target into an unstable localized black hole, then collapses it on top of the target, utterly annihilating them from this reality." Electra explains quietly. After a moment, she looks to Fayyaad. "Only shoot those at something you absolutely, positively, must destroy."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"I think I'd rather not use it at all," Fayyaad says, slowly, his tail dropping low and ceasing to move. "I'm not sure if I'll ever meet anything that would warrant such a thing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #1445

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra nods soberly, before handing the weapon back to him.

"Honestly, I'm a little concerned that you found this just lying around in a ruin somewhere. What if there's more, or worse, something even more powerful still there?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"Well... come to think of it, the person imprisoned there displayed similar powers," Fayyaad admits. "Only on a much larger scale."

7. - Top - End - #1447

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra raises an eyebrow, frowning.

"That's...oh, dear. They probably used this to help contain them, then. And, evidently, it wasn't enough, if they're now free." That's rather disconcerting, and something niggles at her in the back of her mind. Something for later perhaps. She shrugs after a moment.

"Well, there's probably little we can do about it now. So, are you ready for that drink, now, or do you want another go round with my weapon?"

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Undertower --> Tower Staircase

You make it out of the forest the way you came, and the walls of despair have returned to their normal color. If you needed more signs that the big-bad was dead, here's another one.

Tower Precipice

Even more sounds of silence. The storm is gone, and the sun is shining.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"I think I've had enough ballistic excitement for a while," Fayyaad says, surveying the devastation the weapon-testing wrought. "I'm ready to partake in other kinds now."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-21 at 06:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Tower Precipice

Steve says to Luvon "Keep your guard up until reinforcements arrive. This may be deception here."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve says to Luvon "Keep your guard up until reinforcements arrive. This may be deception here."
    "That's what I told you, but thanks for the heads up" says the ranger. Still waiting for the rest of the team to go upstairs.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

12. - Top - End - #1452

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra smiles at him, then as she takes his hand.

"Back to Trog's, then, or did you have someplace else in mind?"

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Undertower --> Tower Staircase

You make it out of the forest the way you came, and the walls of despair have returned to their normal color. If you needed more signs that the big-bad was dead, here's another one.

Tower Precipice

Downstairs -> Upstairs

Well, unless stopped, Naku just keeps on going.

Until the top of the stairs, anyway. Then she stops suddenly, and has to flail her arms a bit to stop from toppling into the next room. Hopefully Devero or Cherie don't bump her, or he might just bump her over into the sun.
    Stupid sun.

If she is not bumped over into the sun, then she eventually regains her balance, and once again pulls out her parasol, before venturing out into the sun again.
    If she iiiiis. Then . . . we'll see how that goes.
    Last edited by Mee; 2017-08-22 at 09:33 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Pixie in the Playground

Downstairs -> Upstairs

Devero moves swiftly up through the tower, but instantly pauses once Naku begins flailing her arms.
    "What is it?" Devero calls out before turning sidewards to go past Naku, and into the light.
    The moment he does his scales begin to glisten as he walks forth, stretching as his body enjoys the heat.

Slaver's Camp

Orion's wide horrifying eyes glaze over each of the slaves, "there's too many of them, and they don't trust me. Meredith's magic could be used to pinpoint the real murderer. And to be frank, I'd be more useful as a distraction while Meredith finds the real culprit. The only other option would be freeing all the slaves to cause mass mayhem, but they think I'm a slaver, and could end up turning on me. Not to mention the fact that the murderer could slip away through the chaos."

With his mind decided, Orion instantly disappears before the slaves eyes, and carefully makes his way through the chaos so he could regroup with Meredith behind he same bush.
    If he successfully returns, he'll reveal himself then whisper out to Meredith in the hope that she might be somewhere close.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2017-08-22 at 02:03 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Peppered
    Guest in the Playground

Slaver's Camp

Well, evidently Orion is back beside Meredith. But! Not before the drama with the semi-naked male slaver!

Meredith had not sent the slaver out very far. He should not have tottered all the way over to the camp. Rather, he should have stood just a little ways out from the bushes, looking around in a dazed and confused manner, and waving over anyone who looks his way. Meredith is trying to get the slavers closer to her. Her magic is only really effective at a close range (hence why she could do so little to the hagspawn but so much to this human).

If the other slaver still walks closer to fire the net gun, Meredith will let the slaver take the hit, crumpling to the ground as she releases control of his motor cortex (it's still damaged though so he shouldn't be able to move or talk. Just... lie there pathetically and fully consciously). Meredith hopes that the new slaver will walk closer to talk a look at his colleague, so that she can enchant this one too.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

[Practice Grounds]

"I think Trog's will do fine," Fayyaad replies, taking her hand.

17. - Top - End - #1457

NinjaGuy

[Practice Grounds]

Electra smiles, and they disappear once more into a blue beam, one that will whisk them back to Fayyaad's Room at Trog's.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"]

"We-- ooh! Well."
    Fettina pauses in her reverie, closing her eyes again. "It doesn't bother me."

"But don't worry,"
    she assures. "I won't bum around your place too long either. Got... places to be too. Goalie things. Same as everybody."
    Wayward Shrine

"Goalie things?"
    Nidda asks, puzzled and not quite clear as to what Tina was referring to initially before giving a small "ah" of realization. "I'm sorry, I had thought you meant sports rather than personal goals. Pardon my assumption for I only get older newspapers here and that is the only way I keep in touch with the former." She explains as she finishes up her massage of her guest's back. A gentle tap on the shoulder is all she does to tell Tina to roll over.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

All of you emerge at the top, with Naku hopefully under shade.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Tower Precipice

Steve looks at the emerging party and sheathes his sword and says "Hey, the lich and his friend stopped fighting us, that must mean that you destroyed his phylactery. Good job defeating him."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Tower Precipice]

The ranger points his bow down. "Well nobody died. Turns out there was some storm demon which was much more powerful than the lich, which was a pitiful enemy. After some explosives and holy attacks, it either left or died."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

22. - Top - End - #1462

Tower Precipice

Fortunately, it would appear as though she is under the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Tower Precipice]

The ranger points his bow down. "Well nobody died. Turns out there was some storm demon which was much more powerful than the lich, which was a pitiful enemy. After some explosives and holy attacks, it either left or died."
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Steve looks at the emerging party and sheathes his sword and says "Hey, the lich and his friend stopped fighting us, that must mean that you destroyed his phylactery. Good job defeating him."
    "Yeah, he dead." Naku informs them, stepping into the sun, while under the parasol. She looks up at the sky and squints a bit. It's too bright.
    Far too bright.
    Ugh.
    "And yours is dead? Well that sounds about right for this place. So. That means we can go home yeah?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

23. - Top - End - #1463

Tower Precipice

Cherie emerges from the stairs, none the worse for wear. She tilts up her hat to get a better look at the sky. "The thing is dead, the sky is blue, and all of us are accounted for. I'd call this a rousing success, wouldn't you?" She looks between the group.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Orc in the Playground

Slaver's Camp

When Orion puffs back into invisibility, most of the slaves instantly start to mutter and curse, wondering if invisible slavers have heard any of their disparaging remarks and rebellious ideas. The exception is the six-wheeled bus, which doesn't talk at all- bar the elf's continued rants and curses in her native Elvish.

None of the slavers notice Orion's departure, just as they failed to notice his infiltration.

The slaver will approach to fire his net gun, not recognising his friend under the morphing mask. This one is a half-orc. He also approaches his captured colleague, to drag him back and possibly question him on how many friends he has in the bushes, and who sent the attackers. And why this chap is wearing nothing but a pair of underwear.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Pixie in the Playground

Tower Precipice

"Seems like it," Devero sighs in relief of not having to use any of the many swords on him.

Within seconds his large body begins to shrink down from eight to his normal six foot in height while the rest of him returns to his original physique.
    His gold claws retract to expose his hands and feet while his teeth, eyes, and ears revert closely to that of a humans.
    Lastly, the golden scales begin to dig their way back into him, revealing his tanned upper body that's covered in blood as is the rest of his skin.
    Steam and heat would be emitted from his body during the entire process, and it's clear from his face that the transformation is an agonising process.

"Ugh, dragon scales are the worst," his voice shakes slightly as the last of the scales dig into his bleeding flesh, "we did good, normally something like this would call for a celebration of some kind," he smiles.

Slaver's Camp

"Meredith, I wasn't able to pinpoint the murderer. There were dozens of them caged in the busses. It might be best if I cause a large distraction while you use the time to pinpoint the culprit. I could start by freeing some of the slaves from their cages then intercept the slavers whilst invisible as they try to recapture the slaves, but you should look at them first to verify whether they're innocent or not. From what I saw, there are a few choices as to who the murderer could be," Orion whispers out, eyes wide and alert as he looks around but mainly focuses on the slaver in his underwear that's being taken away.

"While you're dealing with the slaves the chaos can be used to sneak that slaver away into the bushes. If that mask comes off they'll know that one of us are in his clothes pretending to be him. No matter what that mask can't come off or else this mission will become a lot harder for us to complete."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Tower Precipice

Tower is your guy's tower now. Go where you want to go, or do what you want to do.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Tower Precipice

Tower is your guy's tower now. Go where you want to go, or do what you want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Tower Precipice

"Seems like it," Devero sighs in relief of not having to use any of the many swords on him.

Within seconds his large body begins to shrink down from eight to his normal six foot in height while the rest of him returns to his original physique.
    His gold claws retract to expose his hands and feet while his teeth, eyes, and ears revert closely to that of a humans.
    Lastly, the golden scales begin to dig their way back into him, revealing his tanned upper body that's covered in blood as is the rest of his skin.
    Steam and heat would be emitted from his body during the entire process, and it's clear from his face that the transformation is an agonising process.

"Ugh, dragon scales are the worst," his voice shakes slightly as the last of the scales dig into his bleeding flesh, "we did good, normally something like this would call for a celebration of some kind," he smiles.
    "Great, then let's get out of here." Naku says, turning around on the heel of one foot, before continuing. "I mean. The dragon scales look . . . um . . . helpful though? And I agree. We should go celebrate.
    Do you have anywhere you'd like to go?

You should all come too!"
    Naku says, looking back at the rest of the party over her shoulder.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Great, then let's get out of here." Naku says, turning around on the heel of one foot, before continuing. "I mean. The dragon scales look . . . um . . . helpful though? And I agree. We should go celebrate.

Steve says "I would love to celebrate, but I have other business I must attend to. Don't worry, I'll get you all together soon and we'll have a good party." And with that, Steve begins leave for the exit.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"It was nice killing stuff for you. Save the party so we can join."

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Pixie in the Playground

"They're very helpful, but having to becoming one is quite a gruesome process," he admits as the final scale burrows into his skin.

"Farewell then," Devero addresses Steve and Luvon before they take their leave.

"A tavern might do, unless you would prefer someplace else," Devero turns to Naku and Cherie, "I'm in need of a drink after all that flying," he grips his throat for a second which is slightly sore from breathing fire earlier.