New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 66 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334353637383940414257 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Xanathar's Guide - Official Videos describing Confirmed Subclasses

Quote Originally Posted by nickl_2000 View Post
    Your barbarian can have a 24 strength at level 20, picking up a bus and throwing it isn't that far off at that point.... Yes I am sure that someone will run the numbers and tell me that you are still , in fact, way away from a bus, but I would prefer to live in my fantasy world :)
    Whoosh

The barbarian can only do this if he's wading through the buildings (enlarge spell confirmed?) toward the center of town.

Oh, and he has to be primally fuelled--after all, nature points out the folly of man.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Puh Laden View Post
    According to google you would need at least three goliath/orcish level 20 barbarians just to lift a smart car.

(Smart car weight = 1800 lbs., 24 strength * 15 * 2 for racial = 720)
    Well, if they are pure bear barbarians, you'd only need two, thanks to their aspect of the beast.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jas61292 View Post
    Well, if they are pure bear barbarians, you'd only need two, thanks to their aspect of the beast.
    With a block and tackle you'd only need one. Items and preparedness for the win.
    Breaking BM: Revised - an updated look at the beast-mounted halfling ranger based on the Revised Ranger: Beast Conclave.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy_Lee View Post
    With a block and tackle you'd only need one. Items and preparedness for the win.
    That kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it? Wasn't the idea to be able to lift a car and then maybe throw it on someone?
    Please be mindful of what you say in public; sadly not all can handle sarcasm or The Internet Credibility.
    My Homebrew:
    Base Class: Warlord | Roguish Archetype: Inquisitor | Roguish Archetype: Thug | Primal Path: Rage Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Anon von Zilch View Post
    Words actually mean things, people!

Ongoing game & character:
    Sajan Uttam, human Monk 6/Fist of Irori 3 (Legacy of Fire)

D&D/Pathfinder CV of sorts
    3.0 since 2002
    3.5 since 2003
    4e since 2008
    Pathfinder 1e since 2008
    5e since 2014

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Would a Goliath Barb/Primeval Ranger be able to hurl cars at people in his tree form? Str limited to 20 in this case, but I would think that gaining a size would help.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aett_Thorn View Post
    Would a Goliath Barb/Primeval Ranger be able to hurl cars at people in his tree form? Str limited to 20 in this case, but I would think that gaining a size would help.
    With Powerful Build, a 20 STR, Huge size (Large from Primeval, and then have the Wizard cast enlarge on you)...2,400 pounds?
    If a Player's fun comes from picking the "right" options, but they respect the table, that's fine. Let the Optimizers and Power Gamers have their fun. It's the Power Creeps who lack Table manners.

I'm the Knuckle!

7. - Top - End - #937
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoKnight View Post
    With Powerful Build, a 20 STR, Huge size (Large from Primeval, and then have the Wizard cast enlarge on you)...2,400 pounds?
    A Fiat 500 weighs about that much.

So... small, compact cars.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Orc in the Playground

And that's just casual carrying capacity. Not max impulse you could do.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

a bear barb with 24 str can carry 720lbs
    give it powerfull build (goliath) and double that
    enhance ability : Strength, double that as well
    enlarge it, double that as well

all of that give us a grand total 5760lbs for carry weaight (you can go with this all day without flinching a bit).
    a car weight an average of 4000 Lbs so you could definitely throw cars.
    Last edited by DevilMcam; 2017-10-19 at 04:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

and if they ever release the skill feats, your DM may let you apply the brawny feat bonus too.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Eragon123 View Post
    I love this. Finally it will be possible to do a Lysander Sage build (From Charlie Bone). I mean I guess you could go cleric but that has a whole lot of other features that don't really go well.
    Oh man I didn't know anyone else read those books!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?
    Planeswalking from Kamigawa to an unnamed Plane. Where I was immediately attacked by a giant beast.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

I love this. Finally it will be possible to do a Lysander Sage build (From Charlie Bone). I mean I guess you could go cleric but that has a whole lot of other features that don't really go well.
    Unfortunately, Tankrid is still very difficult to pull off, since control weather is either a 7th or 8th level spell.

I suppose you could go a little ways with a druid using druidcraft (harmless puffs of wind) and call lightning, but it's really not the same.
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2017-10-19 at 07:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Azreal View Post
    Oh man I didn't know anyone else read those books!
    It was Harry Potter meets X-men. Sure the concept was a bit derivative but I loved those books!

Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Unfortunately, Tankrid is still very difficult to pull off, since control weather is either a 7th or 8th level spell.

I suppose you could go a little ways with a druid using druidcraft (harmless puffs of wind) and call lightning, but it's really not the same.
    Yeah. It’s hard replicating one trick ponies where the trick is really extreme.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Firbolg in the Playground

MonkGirl

Depending on the specifics of the mechanics, I kind of want to put together an official material 'world's best swordsmen' party... Battlemaster (best technical swordsman), Swashbuckler (best flashy dueling), Kensai (best wushu mobile swordsham), College of Swords (pretends to be best swordsman, people believe him), and Hexblade (best forbidden deadly technique swordsman)... sure in game play the party would be pretty melee focused and lack some versatility; but the imagery seems sound

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    Depending on the specifics of the mechanics, I kind of want to put together an official material 'world's best swordsmen' party... Battlemaster (best technical swordsman), Swashbuckler (best flashy dueling), Kensai (best wushu mobile swordsham), College of Swords (pretends to be best swordsman, people believe him), and Hexblade (best forbidden deadly technique swordsman)... sure in game play the party would be pretty melee focused and lack some versatility; but the imagery seems sound
    Even if you’re all melee, you’ve got two strikers, two Arcane casters, a healer, a tank, a face...I would totally adventure with this party

EDIT: and if NEED be, the warlock can fall back and provide ranged EB control/support.
    Last edited by DracoKnight; 2017-10-19 at 09:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946

Even if you’re all melee, you’ve got two strikers, two Arcane casters, a healer, a tank, a face...I would totally adventure with this party

EDIT: and if NEED be, the warlock can fall back and provide ranged EB control/support.
    And fluff his EB as throwing swords or something, because who needs logic when you can get magical swords to fling?

17. - Top - End - #947
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

But what if the Hexblade didn't take EB at all? :o

Eldritch Invocations are relatively scarce and it's entirely possible that a Hexblade doesn't have any of those related to EB (nor EB itself)
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2017-10-20 at 12:47 AM.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Banned

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by EvilAnagram View Post
    He doesn't fly into mindless rages or exhaust himself on attempts to overcome enemies. Also, he frequently wears heavy armor.
    Half plate is medium armor which he is proficient in.

Cant recall Conan wearing anything heavier than that.

Frenzy isnt a mindless rage. You're in total control of your PC. He might not frenzy (he might just rage), but he can if he wants.

Im sure in the books Conan gets tired and exhausted after some battles. That him using frenzy.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Yeah. It’s hard replicating one trick ponies where the trick is really extreme.
    Is there something I'm missing? I can't really see anything that makes it worth being level 7 or 8. Seems to me it could be a level 4 or 5 spell without any problems, especially if you remove the "extreme heat" and "arctic cold" options.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Naanomi View Post
    And then they get beaten by a Champion, who's just a really skilled swordsman.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Okay, so who wants to bet on today's video? Remaining, we have:

*Barbarian - Path of the Storm Herald
    *Barbarian - Path of the Zealot

*Bard - College of Swords

*Druid - Circle of Shepard

*Monk - Way of the Kensai

*Paladin - Oath of Conquest
    *Paladin - Oath of Redemption

*Ranger - Gloom Stalker

Assuming, that is, that we're not going to get videos for the reprinted subclasses. While I would love to see a Paladin video finally, I am betting that we're getting the Kensai Monk today.

Also, has there been any update on whether or not we're getting the full, legit, TOC today?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aett_Thorn View Post
    Okay, so who wants to bet on today's video? Remaining, we have:

*Barbarian - Path of the Storm Herald
    *Barbarian - Path of the Zealot

*Bard - College of Swords

*Druid - Circle of Shepard

*Monk - Way of the Kensai

*Paladin - Oath of Conquest
    *Paladin - Oath of Redemption

*Ranger - Gloom Stalker

Assuming, that is, that we're not going to get videos for the reprinted subclasses. While I would love to see a Paladin video finally, I am betting that we're getting the Kensai Monk today.

Also, has there been any update on whether or not we're getting the full, legit, TOC today?
    I would say Redemption Paladin, my reasoning for that is no more solid than a person buying a lottery ticket though.

As for the real TOC, there hasn't been anything posted about it that I have seen from official sources on twitter. However, they did say sometime this week so *fingers crossed*
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Spoiler: 5e Subclass Contest Wins
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XIII-Rogue, Tavern Wench
    ● XV-Monk, Way of the Shrine Guardian
    ● XVI-Cleric, Madness Domain
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXI-Artificer, Battling Bowman
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

23. - Top - End - #953

I would say Redemption Paladin, my reasoning for that is no more solid than a person buying a lottery ticket though.

As for the real TOC, there hasn't been anything posted about it that I have seen from official sources on twitter. However, they did say sometime this week so *fingers crossed*
    I also vote for Paladin (not any in particular though) but i hope to see Gloom Stalker soon, just to know what is that, if its a renamed version of the Underdark, or maybe a combination of UAs.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I also vote for Paladin (not any in particular though) but i hope to see Gloom Stalker soon, just to know what is that, if its a renamed version of the Underdark, or maybe a combination of UAs.
    Okay, now that I look at twitter this morning, I think I was ever more right about Redemption Paladin

https://twitter.com/DnDBeyond/status/921067739300511744
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Okay, now that I look at twitter this morning, I think I was ever more right about Redemption Paladin

Judge Dredd has NOTHING to do with Redemption.

It's going to be the Oath of Conquest.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post

I guess you have a solid point, but does he really have that much to do with Conquest? Frankly Vengeance Paladin would make the most sense.

What about Barbarian Path of the Zealot? I wouldn't call him a religious zealot, but calling him a non-religious zealot wouldn't be a stretch
    Last edited by nickl_2000; 2017-10-20 at 08:06 AM.
    Pronouns he/him/his
    Show

● IV-Pinball Wizard
    ● VI-Luchador Bard
    ● XVIII-Fighter, Chef
    ● XXV-Ley Line Sorcerer

27. - Top - End - #957

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post

I was wondering the same...

I mean... he even have fire reflecting from his helmet, i have not seem people redeemed by fire (Regardless of what people though they were doing when they burned the so called "witches")

28. - Top - End - #958

NecromancerGuy

It could be conquest too. If you think about it judge dread was never in need of redemption, he was framed. He's much more the conqueror of the lawless and criminal, his way or the highway. But of course I knew you'd say that.

29. - Top - End - #959

Quote Originally Posted by Mortis_Elrod View Post
    It could be conquest too. If you think about it judge dread was never in need of redemption, he was framed. He's much more the conqueror of the lawless and criminal, his way or the highway. But of course I knew you'd say that.
    ...And now we're going to get LG Paladins going around shouting that they are 'the LAAAAAAAWWWWW!'.
    Thanks for that.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

I guess you have a solid point, but does he really have that much to do with Conquest? Frankly Vengeance Paladin would make the most sense.
    I'd say pummeling criminals until they can't threaten order is a very Oath of Conquest thing do to.

What about Barbarian Path of the Zealot? I wouldn't call him a religious zealot, but calling him a non-religious zealot wouldn't be a stretch
    Possible, very possible indeed.