New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Feia laughs, not bothering to drop her voice to Kramolagh's level. She doesn't care.
    "Oh dear, it has been so long since I have been adequately stimulated, I do believe I have forgotten what true enjoyment is."
    There are all sorts of ways to interpret that and she very clearly did that on purpose.

Hmph, shadow-walking. Edict flaunted that often enough it lost its luster.
    Boring.
    The dress reminds her of something though...

Her head cranes further in its scanning, before pausing on the individual lurking under the guise of an elf.
    That one might be worth keeping track of.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Reserved by nature, Cauvin stiffens up as Feia responds somewhat more loudly than he expected, assuming a more rigid posture of sorts as the pair approach the ballroom proper. Although his posture seems harsh and strict, he continues to smirk and smile, clearly quite fascinated by his companion. How bold she was, how confident, it was alluring to him.

Though he faces forward, he leans his head in somewhat closer to her.

"Perhaps, after vhe have conducted our business, I can r-remind you of zhat vhich you have forgotten."

"Anyzhing is possible vith enough... stimulation, after all."

[Prisonbreak]

The creature tightens its grip around the captive guard for several seconds as Nora retrieves her pistol, but loosens it once the situation is made more clear. Obviously quite intrigued by the display before him, the reptilian humanoid grins quite wickedly, its enormous forked tongue on display. It chuckles darkly, a most unnatural sound, before glancing towards Nora's apparent allies.

Its attention quickly reverts back towards Nora.

"Mm. I've always liked 'em soft, but I ain't stupid."

"Yer clothes, off with 'em. Give us all a show, little peach? Perhaps then I won't crush this one's skull. And then the others."

The wicked thing gestures towards Nora's companions, as well as the guards.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-10 at 10:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Barbarian in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Amid the conversations and furor of arriving guests, a creak can be heard ringing out from the doors, perfectly cutting through the noise of the crowd to draw attention. They swing outwards with a gust of chill wind, just chill enough to bring a shiver to the assembled guests. Immediately inside the door stands an absolutely massive man just behind a short dias. He's at least 9 feet tall and broad chested, with a well fitting tux - a simple black number - his beard close trimmed and hair immaculately styled. His face has a rugged handsomeness that suggests long nights shared in a quiet log cabin around the fire on a cold night. He wears an easy smile as he greets anyone approaching the door, asking to see their invitation before allowing them inside. The ball, it seems, has started.

Inside is a massive ballroom. The dance floor (a rich walnut) is lined with crystalline tables and chairs that stretch far away into the distance, each set with a fine silk tablecloth with light blue and silver embroidery. The places are set with crystalline tablewear (they are really leaning into the theme here) and serviettes of fine silk, each in pale colours - blue, purple, and teal mostly.

Just to the side as you enter sits a massive orchestra, playing a gentle melody. Each musician is thin, young, and beautiful - as you'd expect from a fae affair. On the other side of the entrance sits several tables full of appetisers and drinks, along with many a helpful waiter to serve them to you - again, they follow the theme: young, beautiful. At the far end of the hall is a raised Dias with a long table set for the hosts and their guests of honour - empty, at the moment, of people. Dinner is still a while away, after all. Perhaps most stunning of all though is the roof - or rather, its apparent lack. While the hall itself is lit by chandeliers that give off a slightly blue light, the chains that suspend them fly up into the night sky - but this is no ordinary sky. Instead of the paltry black affair Inside normally sees, this sky is full to the brim with stars, tracing scenes of battle, dance, and... eh hem, love across the sky.

Elven Lord

The mysterious elven lord will be approached shortly after the doors open by a young-looking fae wearing a dress patterned with dead branches and falling leaves. She offers him a curtsy before speaking to him, her body lowered as a sign of respect. Her fine, gossamer wings lay pressed against her back, snow coloured skin contrasting beautifully against her dress.

Your majesty, the Lord and Lady Hier humbly request that you join them at the high table for tonight's festivities. Her voice is kept quiet and subtle. They additionally offer me up as gift for you, honoured as they are by your attendance. It is only now that she rises from her curtsy/bow, giving the lord a warm and loving smile.

Rveltrians

And who is this beauty that graces our doorstep I wonder? A tall, dark skinned man approaches the pair. He has a confident smile hidden behind a well-manicured goatee, with long black hair carefully styled back off of his handsome face. He wears an elegant suit that's close cut to show off his rather impressive physique - although it's frankly nothing on the doorman, it's still more than most men could pull off. No no no this simply will not do. I must whisk you away from your father this instant. He insists, attempting to take Ellrinna's hand and plant a gentle kiss on her knuckles. A face like yours chained to him all night? What a waste that would be. As he speaks the pair will hardly fail to notice his pointed fangs that - rather than inspire fear - simply add to his rugged charm. Of course, if he's allowed to whisk Ellrinna away then poor Ellrin will be left all alone.

Kramolagh and Feia

The pair are not being accosted quite so aggressively as some of the other guests - perhaps the fae can see that they're together? No, likely they are just waiting on a better time to try and seduce one or the other away. What does happen though is a great many compliments for Feia's dress - it's one of the more stunning and altogether on theme outfits, after all. Most of the people giving the compliments are themselves well dressed and attractive fae, so they know what they're talking about. Kramolagh, it seems, has some competition.

Naku and Ithuriel

Naku will be approached by a slim, fairly short fae with small, almost decorative wings. He's dressed in a brilliant blue tuxedo set against a darker shirt. It's quite a stunning look on the smaller man. Ithuriel, for her part, is largely ignored at first.

Ah, so good to see one of Civiron's Champions choosing to attend. He gives her an over the top bow with extra flourish. Your wings are absolutely stunning. How is the Goddess of Hope doing? He suddenly seems to notice Ithuriel. Oh but I see you already have a date, with some gorgeous wings of her own. The representative from Intersection, yes? There's a note to the tone that suggest that maybe they aren't quite as gorgeous as Naku's. Still very nice though. Well don't let me get between you two lovebirds, I'm just here to let you know that both of you are invited to join the Lord and Lady Hier at the high table tonight.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1114

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Magtok and Affidavit - they fight crime!]

Affy pauses in his brooding. He looks up, sighs, shakes his head. Here he is scheming away, completely ignoring Magtok's increasingly obvious cues. Less time spent plotting, more time paying attention to Magtok! There's a genuinely apologetic look on his face as he refocuses on the cyborg. Old habits die hard. "Yes, yes of course. Now, mmm, obviously what I'm going to give you will contain quite a lot of data. Enough to make you an expert in numerous forms of swordsmanship - on paper anyway. There's no substituting for experience in some cases - you'll know more styles of combat than, say, the likes of Wenomir, but you're not going to beat a swordsman with years upon years of practice perfecting their art." Oops, he's waffling again. He's very good at that. "Anyway, downloading and processing so much data is likely to incapacitate you for a few hours. If you, say, went sleepwalking during that time or something similar, you'd have no recollection of it afterwards. Does that sound acceptable to you? If you're worried you might do something stupid while sleepwalking, you could always leave some instructions somewhere for your sleepy self to follow, hmm?" Magtok is better at this. Magtok is definitely better at this. Trying to plan in this bizarre, indirect manner is definitely not Affy's strong-point. Hopefully that got the message across in a suitable way.

Magtok is basically pleading with him to be reasonable about this, isn't he? Affidavit can't help but smile slightly at this sort of half-heartedly threatening request for him to be reasonable about this. "Have a little faith in me, Magtok, please. I'm well aware of the futility of trying to conquer the Nexus. I'd never do something so stupid. Besides, depending on your definition, the original Affidavit already became a god- a lie. There are no gods. There never have been and there never will be- and I have no intention of taking the same path as him."
    "I suppose I'll just have to try to trust you about the god thing," Magtok shrugs, before taking another sip of his coffee, and frowns at the door for a few quiet seconds, before picking himself up from the chair and moving towards the door.

"Right, well, I've been here long enough, and it looks like you've left the door unlocked. I am contractually obligated to make some attempt to stop you from subverting the organization, so I guess I'll be seeing ya later," Magtok says, which is an awful lot of words for someone who's supposed to be trying to make a break for it while Affidavit's distracted. I mean, he does dash for the door, but I'm sure there's be a bunch of shiny metal tendrils or extension cords or something blocking the way by the time he gets there. Holodavit isn't completely inept when it comes to thinking on his metaphorical feet, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Orc in the Playground

Autumnal Equnox Ball

Felandria has arrived at the ball.

Spoiler
    Show

And she gazes in wonder at the ceiling, or lack thereof.

Cool.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

A chill settles over the crowd, as if a crisp breeze had blown through, bringing with it the scent of fallen leaves. A man approaches, dressed in a fine red vest, shot with gold, over a deep green shirt and earthy brown breeches. He's broad chested, with long black hair, tied back in a braid, and a curly goatee on his chin. Perhaps most striking about him are his legs, below the knee they were a horse's foot, with silver shod hooves. On his back he carries a single broadsword, made of a strange silvery hornlike material.

Following behind him, though not on a lead, is a great black unicorn, at large as a draft horse. Its mane was long and flowing, with twists of maple leaves dangling from the strands. Its horn is long, straight, and wickedly pointed. Its hooves, like the man's, were silver shod.

Riding on the back of the unicorn was an inhumanly beautiful woman. Her skin was as pale as moonlight, her hair black as a raven's wing, long and shining fell past her shoulders. Her ears were pointed, and slightly ridged, as if they were leaves. Her eyes were golden, tawny and predatory. Two wings, like those of a great golden eagle, sprouted from her back. She was dressed in a gown made of the purest red maple leaves, frosted with gold. A crown made of gilded stags' horns graced her head.

Ansel and the Lady Nuara, Princess of Autumn, had arrived.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin starts to protest, but Ellrinna willing goes with the fae, quicker than he can respond. He is left all alone, and looking around, can't see any familiar faces. Then he sees Ithuriel. "Well, crap," he whispers under his breath, and he begins running away from the angel as quickly as he can without looking suspicious, which turns out to be a brisk walk. His eyes are locked on her, though, which means he doesn't seem to see where he's going and could easily bump into someone by accident.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Bugbear in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

A bit late an unexpected person arrives at the party. He steps out of a shadow right near the path to the entrance. People that have seen him befor will have a problem to recognize him as he looks totally different. The man is around 1,90 meter high he is dressed ina fine black suit making him look rather handsome, his black shoes seem to be made for dancing. His hair was tamed and laied backwards. Only a scarf covering his mouth might remind people of who he is.
    Fade looks down at himself. the missing of his swords on his side is uncomfortable, even if the weapons aren't that far away. He walks straith up to the entrance not really taking note of any other visitor outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria does her best to not seem aggressive.

Our employers informed us about something in the shadows, and we believe the cats are a strong indication that this is the place which we seek.
    {Fishery]

The man looks a bit confused. "And who are you to just come inside without asking?" he asks. "I wasn't told anyone comes or did I call for you."
    The man appears very suspiciouse. It's a lot of common sense here.
    In the time they speak more and more workers end their work of the day. Making the fishery even darker as they turn off the lights.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #1119

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin starts to protest, but Ellrinna willing goes with the fae, quicker than he can respond. He is left all alone, and looking around, can't see any familiar faces. Then he sees Ithuriel. "Well, crap," he whispers under his breath, and he begins running away from the angel as quickly as he can without looking suspicious, which turns out to be a brisk walk. His eyes are locked on her, though, which means he doesn't seem to see where he's going and could easily bump into someone by accident.
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Ivaz handed in her invitation and entered the ball. The place seemed a bit gaudy to her, but it was a free party, so she wasn't going to complain much. All she had to do was steal a dress and she was good.

Once inside, Ivaz quickly found the drinks and snatched one up. Fancy balls weren't really her thing, so she wanted to start things her way.

Her eyes were drawn to the ceiling as she walked. She was actually impressed by it.

Of course, walking through a crowd with your eyes pointed up was not a smart idea.

She ends up walking headlong into Ellrin.

Luckily, she somehow managed to not spill her drink.

Ow! Hey! Watch where you're going, guy.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #1120

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Marina and Cantata

The pair arrive just as the last of the guests are filtering into the glittering crystal cathedral. Marina is up and out of the taxi quickly, trying to beat Cantata to her door to open it. Allow me, please. She says, offering an arm to Cantata to hold onto. They certainly know how to impress, yes?

Felandria

Now who let you out without a chaperone? An androgynous looking figure approaches Felandria. They're wearing a suit made of many layers of fine almost transparent blue fabric that ripples and shifts with every movement - it suggest flowing water more than cloth. They have bone white skin and pointed elfin ears that pierce through long flowing green hair. Anyone could come snap you up. They wear a predatory smile that inspires more curiosity than fear.

Ansel and Nuara

The party will be met by a small procession of fae - 2 lesser fairies, glowing brightly blue and purple as they flit about the head of the third, a bald figure seemingly made entirely of marble. The fairies wear a matching pair of ball gowns, while the earthen man has a finely tailored suit in the deep orange of falling leaves. He falls into a deep bow as the parties meet. His voice, when he speaks, is gravelly and deep.

My Lady, we are honoured by your presence. The Lord and Lady Hier humbly request your presence at the high table for the feast. Additionally they offer this one up for you to use as you see fit. He says, beaming with onyx black teeth. He is fairly handsome himself, and is clearly pleased at his role in the proceedings.

Ellrinna

The fae will lead Ellrina deftly through the crowd, talking calmly and confidently to her all the while. You simply must tell me about yourself. How did you manage to arrive without a date? I feel like the luckiest guy here. Again that cocksure grin, the flash of his pointed teeth. And please, don't try to tell me that he was your date. You can do much better.

Fade

Fade will possibly notice that he is being followed. A short woman in a floor length gown of deep ochre is surreptitiously tracking him across the floor. She stands maybe 4 feet tall, with greenish-brown skin and pointed ears that jut out sideways. She has a slight underbite, small tusks poking out from the bottom of her mouth that add a slightly feral quality to the smile she throws Fade's way whenever he looks at her.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Prisonbreak

"Oh? Is that all?"
    The woman asks, tilting her hip to the side with a cocky smirk. "Well, I normally don't do this on first dates, buuuuuut..." Nora begins to spin, gyrating in place to unheard music as she unzips and unbuttons until she's clad in just her underwear. She puts on quite the show, discarding her clothing out of arm's reach, and is left in just frilly semi-sheer red underwear. "What do you say, hm? These guards were sleepin' on the job, weren't they? Why don't we just bust ya on outta here?" She asks, offering her hand just as her two companions angle their tranq pistols at the hopefully distracted guards to fire darts into their (likely) unprotected rear ends. The darts are quiet and the tranquilizers are potent, but even more than that the two with the guns were complete professionals and fast with their work. Barely a flick of their wrists and hopefully the guards will be slumped over and snoring moments later.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Face Break Dojo]

Darsy smirks a bit as Sam dodges the trip. Good. He actually knows some stuff.

And here comes a fist!

She was already leaning back a bit from trying to trip him, so she just keeps leaning back. That, along with her lack of height, lets his fist sail right over her.

Good! Dodging and retaliating in one smooth motion!

She rights herself and waits for his next attempt.
    Face Break Dojo

”Thanks.” huffs Sam simply, and tries something else. This time he approaches slowly and goes for a grab with three of his arms so he can just toss her. He wasn’t trained much in this though so he doesn’t know exactly what he’s doing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin

Ellrin stumbles backwards after colliding with Ivaz"I could say the same to you." He immediately feels foolish. That was rather rude after all. He looks around. At least he seems to have lost the angel in the crowd. "Er, sorry about that. I'm Elijah." A pseudonym, of course. One does not give out their real name at a Fae event.

Ellrinna

"Him? My date?" Ellrinna laughs. "Don't be ridiculous. I'd never date someone like that." She feels flattered, but she guesses that's the fae's intent.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

[Elven Lord]

The "elven" lord looks down on the fae. He seems satisfied to be acknowledged this way, and gifts of servants and attendants are normal among the fae.

"Then attend to me during this ball," he says, his voice failing to match his appearance in a subtle but grating way that gets under the skin. "We will return to my domain later. For now, take me to your former masters."

Two other people arrive at the ball. One is Fayyaad, who never misses a party. The tiefling is dressed in a loose red jacket with a golden trim, and a pair of dark brown trousers. He's here to meet interesting people, as always.

The other is Dipsnig Razortooth, who never misses an opportunity to network. He's wearing a grey buttoned-up military-style coat with broad shoulders. At his side is one of his wolves, a dark grey one with neatly brushed fur and an elegant dark green collar.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Face Break Dojo]

Darsy stays still, waiting for Sam to get close enough. When he reaches for her, she'll quickly drop down and spin a leg forward, trying to sweep him off his feet.

If that works, she'll pop back up just out of his reach, grinning. Gotta watch for size difference.

-------------------------------

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Ivaz raises an eyebrow. Hard to tell through the mask, but it still happened.

You backed down awfully fast. Not a good idea around here. The fae will just eat you right up like that.

She finishes the drink in her hand eyeing Ellrin a bit. She sets the empty glass on the tray of a passing waiter and grabs another.

So, is that blue paint?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

"No, it's real. You haven't seen a blue person before?" Ellrin laughs.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Halfling in the Playground

[Magscape Attempt!]

Professor Affidavit sits back against the ceiling, steepling his hands and watching, silently, just for a moment as Magtok sort-of-dashes for the door.

"Magtok." The word reverberates around the cafe as it seems to come from every wall, every table, every surface available all at once. A wall of wires and cables erupts out of the floor in front of the door, blocking it off. One more bursts out just behind Magtok and goes for his neck. Nothing too painful intended of course, just aiming for enough of a grip to lift him off the ground and hold them there only semi-starved for breath.

Affidavit starts walking down from the ceiling, doing a marvellous impersonation of a man going down a set of stairs. He touches the ground just in front of Magtok as another mass of cables bursts through beside him holding a little grey box. "Don't be in such a hurry. Why, you almost forgot the swordfighting data you asked for!" With one hand he takes it from the cables and offers it to the cyborg. At the same time, from behind the counter, another cable slithers over holding a little paper bag. Affy laughs as he picks it up and offers it over as well, "Oh yes, and a little goodie bag to go. You simply must try their flapjacks! I'd be doing this place such a disservice if I let you leave without a few of their finest baked goods for you to sample on the road!" Is this also part of the misdirection? Another layer of-

No, wait, Affy's still laughing. "Ahah! Ahaha! Oh, please, do excuse me. It's so hard not to indulge a little nowadays when I don't have a horde of metal children demanding my attention all the time. You can't imagine what it feels like to be relieved of that pressure. Now, is there anything else we actually do need to discuss before I let you go?"

[Docks]

"Alright, **** it. That's officially too much for me to want to try and bring this thing in alive. There is no redemption possible for something so warped by necromancy as this." For the briefest moment Michalson may feel a sort of divine pressure as the angel of redemption's words carry a heavy weight to them, her judgement passed.

Not in a particularly angelic way, mind you, but the significance of the statement is still there.

She flicks both swords out, bringing one down in a slow, precise measure to at least try and limit the amount of blood splatter, aiming to sever the head from the body and carefully slide it away with the other sword.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

18. - Top - End - #1128

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

"No, it's real. You haven't seen a blue person before?" Ellrin laughs.
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

The eyebrow is up again.

Boy, you better watch who you're laughing at.

Her voice was a bit low there. Might have been a threat. She seems to perk right up after, though.

So, what's it like having constant blue balls? Ivaz gives a huge, toothy grin.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrin and Ivaz

"Seriously? That's the first question you ask?" Ellrin is rather surprised. He's not quite sure what the expression means, but can tell the connotations immediately.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

It seems the goddess Message has received an invitation, but being unable to attend herself, has sent a fragment of herself, her story, to the ball instead.

So it is that Anchor arrives at the crystal cathedral, just a little bit late.
    She rides on the back of a unicorn. It's a proper unicorn, nimble and elegant, with a coat white as snow, a beautiful spiral horn. Its cloven hooves are unshod, but it does bear reins, black as can be.

The rider, sitting sidesaddle and largely letting the unicorn direct himself, is dressed up for the occasion. Rather than letting her hair fall wherever it wants, it's been cut evenly and pinned up. For what may be the first time in her life, she's wearing a dress (an honest-to-goodness ball gown, woven from the light of the setting sun on fallen leaves). Her shoes are gold-and-ruby, her necklace sharp teeth. Her eyes are, as always, hidden behind wraparound sunglasses. People (really quite peculiar ones) have praised her looks, but unlike someone else who came riding in on a unicorn, it's a normal human beauty at best.
    Anchor's shadow doesn't seem to quite match her movements, and if fact doesn't look much like her at all.

By some magic, her outfit is still in perfect order when she dismounts and turns the unicorn back into a little stone figurine before heading inside.

Wow. Look at this place! Look at these people! And she'd been dreading having to go.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Somehow Ivaz's grin gets wider.

What else would I ask first?

She takes a swig from her glass.

Seriously, though, are you some kind of elf relative? I've seen a lot around here, but not any blue people.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

"Is there something up with my ears? Last I checked, they weren't pointed." Ellrin rubs his hand along the top of his ear. "Really, no blue people? There are almost 300 of my race alone running about Inside, and certainly other blue races as well. What're you going by tonight?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-09-11 at 09:55 PM.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #1133

[Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Ivaz shrugs. Eh, I've been gone for a while. You all probably moved in while I was out. Besides, there's thousands of people here. A couple hundred might not stand out.

She raises an eyebrow at the last question. What do you mean, what am I going by?
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-09-11 at 11:15 PM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Felandria

Now who let you out without a chaperone? An androgynous looking figure approaches Felandria. They're wearing a suit made of many layers of fine almost transparent blue fabric that ripples and shifts with every movement - it suggest flowing water more than cloth. They have bone white skin and pointed elfin ears that pierce through long flowing green hair. Anyone could come snap you up. They wear a predatory smile that inspires more curiosity than fear.
    Felandria chuckles and leans down to gently place a hand on their face.

I’d sure like to see them try, sweetie.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

Reserved by nature, Cauvin stiffens up as Feia responds somewhat more loudly than he expected, assuming a more rigid posture of sorts as the pair approach the ballroom proper. Although his posture seems harsh and strict, he continues to smirk and smile, clearly quite fascinated by his companion. How bold she was, how confident, it was alluring to him.

Though he faces forward, he leans his head in somewhat closer to her.

"Perhaps, after vhe have conducted our business, I can r-remind you of zhat vhich you have forgotten."

"Anyzhing is possible vith enough... stimulation, after all."
    Autumnal Equinox Ball
    Kramolagh and Feia

The pair are not being accosted quite so aggressively as some of the other guests - perhaps the fae can see that they're together? No, likely they are just waiting on a better time to try and seduce one or the other away. What does happen though is a great many compliments for Feia's dress - it's one of the more stunning and altogether on theme outfits, after all. Most of the people giving the compliments are themselves well dressed and attractive fae, so they know what they're talking about. Kramolagh, it seems, has some competition.
    "Oh? Are you up to such a task, dear man?"
    The teeth in her smile seem slightly more pointed, for a moment, before her attention sweeps back around them. To the menial tasks of formal socialization.
    Graceful smiles to the complimenting faerie-folk, mild returns of the same compliments to avoid any sense of obligation from either party.
    Attempting to not be overt about hawkishly watching some of the more unusual party guests.

You know, the usual.

"But perhaps one step at a time. First we must survive the ball."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Annie's does seem the fearless type. That must be trouble for Kitsuki at home. Means he won't have to modify the story at least.

"We heard the sounds of someone or something moving up ahead, coming towards us. We panicked and split up as I dived into an armory. There I found the most powerful weapon I've ever held." Well top three at any rate. "A flamethrower chainsaw shotgun! And not a moment too soon, because just as the pounding in the corridor outside reached an apex, BAM!" Reinholdt says a little too loudly and suddenly. "I got surprised from overhead as a creature fell out of the vent overhead and landed on my head!" Rein took his hand and lowered it in a menacing claw like shape over Annie's head until it nearly touched her before withdrawing it.

"It was none other than Waldo himself. No one found him it seems, in his final adventure and he had become infected by an alien zombie. He was latched on to me, gnashing his teeth, trying to get to my brains!" The hand has turned towards Rein's face and is attempting to get it, only being held back by Rein's other hand. Just barely. "But I'm rather attached to my brains, you see, so I kicked free of him, grabbed my flamethrower chainsaw shotgun and burst into the corridor to run from him. That was a terrible mistake! Waldo wasn't the only zombie on this ship. There were dozens! What would you have done Annie if you were in that situation?" You're on an alien ship, you've lost your sidekick, there's a zombie horde. Quick Annie, what do?
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Annie's shrieks at the menacing claw turn into full on laughter. They're getting some looks from others in the teahouse now, but Kitsuki doesn't seem to care. As long as Annie is enjoying herself. "Um um." Annie thinks about the question for a second. "Fight fight fight!" She punches the air in front of her wildly.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Kramolagh]

With a soft laugh, Kramolagh responds, nodding with an air of formality and offering an artificial smile to those who compliment Feia's exquisite garb, "I believe I am uniquely suited to it, in f-fact. I've a certain level of... experience, as it vhere." At this, he offers a sly grin towards Feia before glancing towards the others gathered about the area, his eyes settling upon Felandria after several seconds. Although he recognizes her, his disguise likely keeps him hidden in plain sight, a fact which the man finds thoroughly amusing.

At Feia's last sentence, he chuckles, taking a deep breath. "Ah, relax. Zhere's frivolity in zhe a-air."

"Recognize zhe red-haired one?"

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Anulhi]

A particularly anxious looking individual steps into the ballroom proper, looking about with a sheepish smile bare upon her freckled face. Clearly dazzled by her surroundings, the youthful-looking halfling woman's curiously bright, angular eyes of shimmering aquamarine widen as she looks about, still feeling somewhat under-dressed despite the lovely gown worn around her. Sparkling blue paint and glittering azure eyeshadow can be seen below and around the woman's wide eyes, which shimmer like sapphires in the light, causing her many freckles to stand out in stark contrast. A bright platinum piercing can be seen set in the perky woman's nose, and her clean, crimson hair flickers like fire beneath the sun, all set and perfectly styled into a curious number of braids. Each lock of bright, auburn hair is expertly decorated with colorful feathers and parted down the side, exposing a pair of large, pointed ears, set with piercings of colorful metal and carved bone. The halfling woman appears to be clad in an exquisite orange gown, each layer of ornate ruffled cloth decorated with sparkles and glittering tassels.

Thick white fur lines the heavier pieces of her gown, offering further decoration to her form, standing out brightly against the orange cloth. The outline of some sort of half-corset can be seen should one look hard enough, crafted to hug at her curving frame and accentuate her charms while supplying a decent amount of support. Atop her pale forehead, a copper holy symbol depicting some sort of nature deity shines, attached to a headband composed of a reddish, rope-like material. A thick rope choker of similar craftsmanship wraps tightly around her neck, while just below it, a second amulet lined with the severed fangs of various wild animals hangs from her neck. Two thick lines of heavy white fur attach to the upper portions of her gown, which act as fashionable methods of warming her neck while also serving as a mantle for a lovely hand-knit cape of white yarn which hangs over her shoulders.

Despite her gorgeous clothing, it should not be particularly difficult for those more accustomed to formal events to recognize that this was perhaps the halflings first proper ball.

Somewhat stunned, she remains silent, glancing around at the room.

Spoiler: References:
    Show
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2018-09-11 at 11:23 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Ellrinna

It's good to see you have some sense about you. The fae says, leading her further into the ballroom. Oh but don't let me natter on all night, tell me about yourself. What's your name? Another grin, this one predatory. Give the fae your name Ellrinna, what could wrong?

Elven Lord

Of course, my lord. Please, follow me. She'll lead the lord through the crowd of the ballroom, towards the back where a set of grand doors lead to a smaller but no less extravagant room filled with conversing fae. She pauses at the door. How would you like to be announced, my lord?

Dipsnig

An absolutely massive woman approaches Dipsnig silently from behind, pausing when she reaches his side. She's dressed in a long black dress with a split up her thigh (practically to Dipsnig's shoulder) with snowflake patterns dancing along the bottom. She has dusky brown skin with long, flowing brown hair that reaches all the way down to her waist. A military man, hm? Her voice rumbles out, low and sultry. With a loyal dog by his side. She gives him a slow smile, the point of a fang just visible from Dipsnig's vantage point.

As for the wolf, it will get a scent of fresh pine, snow, and another wolf from the woman.

Anchor

A short, slim fae approaches Anchor, bowing in front of her extravagantly. His skin is a bright teal and his hair shock-white, contrasting beautifully with his bright red pinstripe suit. His shoes are an even brighter red, practically glowing in the light. Ah, and you would be the representative of Message, I presume? So wonderful to have you here, the Lord and Lady Hier thank you for your presence, and humbly request you join them at the High Table.

Felandria

Such confidence! Again that predatory smile, revealing the razor sharp teeth Please, you must let me accompany you. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't make sure you were... alright. Felandria can probably tell they have some ulterior motives here!

Anulhi

Oh deary me you poor thing.
    A lilting, beautiful voice carries its way to Anulhi as a woman approaches her. She has a pale blue gown that ends with a pattern of crystalline stalactites instead of a hem. Her hair matches her dress, a beautiful pale blue that falls down the left side of her head - the right left shaven in an intricate snowflake pattern. Is noone looking after you? The visible ear is pointed and long, and her skin is a pale, pale white. She has a predatory look to her.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-09-12 at 12:11 AM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Anulhi]

Still somewhat awestruck by the ballroom's remarkable interior, the ginger-haired halfling fails to register the fact that she was spoken to for several seconds, until finally, she snaps out of her daze. Wide-eyed, she glances towards the extravagantly dressed woman in the wintry gown, her bright, azure-colored eyes positively glittering in the light. Realizing that she had likely made somewhat of a poor first impression by shamelessly gawking at her surroundings, she blushes somewhat intensely and more or less focuses upon the taller woman's feet, a particularly easy prospect considering the halfling's much smaller height.

She felt so embarrassed, perhaps this was all a bad idea! This was exactly what grandmother spoke about all the time, and here she was, ignoring all of the warnings and willingly associating herself with the tall folk! No, she had come too far to simply flee now, she'd spend weeks picking Amberbloom for the thin man in the woods, all those thorny puncture wounds can't have been for nothing! With a slightly less anxious looking expression upon her face, Anulhi glances up towards the waifish looking woman, offering a dazzling (if somewhat crooked) smile.

While fiddling with the yarn which composes her fingerless gloves, she stammers.

"Oh, um, h-hello! Looking... after me?"

"What... what do you mean?"

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Orc in the Playground

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Felandria

Such confidence! Again that predatory smile, revealing the razor sharp teeth Please, you must let me accompany you. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't make sure you were... alright. Felandria can probably tell they have some ulterior motives here!
    Felandria can definitely tell, but can take care of herself.

Still.....

Well, you are a persistent one.

I suppose if you insist, then I would be rude to deny you the pleasure.

She gives her hand.