New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Roland's Merciful Modly Mash-up Random Banter Thread #221

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    The first Kirby game is very easy. I beat it.
    Different people have different views on difficulties. Some people think Shadow Kanji from Persona 4 Is hard, despite being one of the easiest bosses I've encountered in a MegaTen game.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Different people have different views on difficulties. Some people think Shadow Kanji from Persona 4 Is hard, despite being one of the easiest bosses I've encountered in a MegaTen game.
    How on earth did they find that boss difficult even if the boss is very easy to beat?

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    I think he might have laughed also, were he a reader here.
    This sounds suspiciously like what someone who was secretly Elton John would say...

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Like the Toronto Raptors? HEYO!

For reals though I hope they win. Don't tell the Sports thread.
    Obligatory "I hate sports" reference but actually I'm rooting for the Warriors (I actually got interested in basketball in the first place because of how fun Steph Curry is to watch).
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Age does a number on gaming skills.

Most worthless fact you could possibly know about me: Back in 2007, when the Guitar Hero 2 leaderboards finally hit one million people, I was ranked 970. Statistically, I was quite literally better than 99.9% of people. When Rock Band came out, I formed a kind of online band with some people I met online, and we regularly gold-starred most songs, with Full Combos not being irregular.

Haven't touched those games in years. Dollars to doughnuts if I went and picked up the latest version of 'em, I'd be rusty as all get out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Obligatory "I hate sports" reference but actually I'm rooting for the Warriors (I actually got interested in basketball in the first place because of how fun Steph Curry is to watch).
    I don't really follow sports at all, but I like underdogs.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

How on earth did they find that boss difficult even if the boss is very easy to beat?
    Spoiler: Shadow Kanji
    Show
    Shadow Kanji Haas a reputation for being hard to beat due to being the boss of the second dungeon, and being the first to really utilise the series mechanics.

Previous bosses could hit immunities, a problem with the Once More! System the game uses, inflict statuses, and one could even kill anybody who was suffering from fear.

Kanji uses buffs. While he or his minions can't hit weaknesses one of his minions has Heat Raiser (buff damage, damage reduction, and hit/evade on one target) and healing spells, while the other is a powerful physical attacker. Shadow Kanji himself can deal high physical damage, as well as putting charm on your male party members and I think rage on your female ones. In addition either Kanji or the attacker minion gets Power Charge, which increases the damage of your next physical attack by 150%.

If you're unprepared this is devestating. If you know your MegaTen you'll realise that the game gives you exactly the tools you need to deal with this. Yusuke learns a skill that'll remove all normal buffs. The MC can get Personas with buffs for the party or rebuffs for the enemy. Yukiko heals enough to keep the party alive and can remove statuses. And anybody can deal high enough physical or elemental damage to contribute on the front. I managed by pure luck* to waltz in with exactly the right Personas on my MC to make sure that Shadow Kanji would sit at the floor of Hit/Evade and Attack while I enjoyed boosted stats and breast him on the first go.

Shadow Kanji is hard. However he's from a series with bosses like Matador who treat 'beatable' as an optional extra. So when I manage to beat him on the first try I file him under 'mild annoyance'.

* Okay, not really, I'd been collecting the right Skills anyway. You don't want to go into a boss fight without buffs.

The short version is, perceptions differ. To me he was one of the easiest bosses in the game, but I know people who ran out their easy mode revives on the same boss.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2019-06-11 at 11:34 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Show
    Shadow Kanji Haas a reputation for being hard to beat due to being the boss of the second dungeon, and being the first to really utilise the series mechanics.

Previous bosses could hit immunities, a problem with the Once More! System the game uses, inflict statuses, and one could even kill anybody who was suffering from fear.

Kanji uses buffs. While he or his minions can't hit weaknesses one of his minions has Heat Raiser (buff damage, damage reduction, and hit/evade on one target) and healing spells, while the other is a powerful physical attacker. Shadow Kanji himself can deal high physical damage, as well as putting charm on your male party members and I think rage on your female ones. In addition either Kanji or the attacker minion gets Power Charge, which increases the damage of your next physical attack by 150%.

If you're unprepared this is devestating. If you know your MegaTen you'll realise that the game gives you exactly the tools you need to deal with this. Yusuke learns a skill that'll remove all normal buffs. The MC can get Personas with buffs for the party or rebuffs for the enemy. Yukiko heals enough to keep the party alive and can remove statuses. And anybody can deal high enough physical or elemental damage to contribute on the front. I managed by pure luck* to waltz in with exactly the right Personas on my MC to make sure that Shadow Kanji would sit at the floor of Hit/Evade and Attack while I enjoyed boosted stats and breast him on the first go.

Shadow Kanji is hard. However he's from a series with bosses like Matador who treat 'beatable' as an optional extra. So when I manage to beat him on the first try I file him under 'mild annoyance'.

* Okay, not really, I'd been collecting the right Skills anyway. You don't want to go into a boss fight without buffs.

The short version is, perceptions differ. To me he was one of the easiest bosses in the game, but I know people who ran out their easy mode revives on the same boss.
    oh ok. I understand more clearly now. Anyway I drink my third cup of coffee today and I'm all wired up.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

I did my premiere swim this past weekend. We must have found a good lake, because the water was surprisingly warm for being this early in the season, although the warmth didn't go very deep beneath the surface, so it would get a lot colder in the wake of other people. Still, I'm a creature of water, and it felt really nice exercising my other movement mode beside the mundane walking I always do.

In more annoying news, that swim also triggered a wax plug which has clogged up my left ear, and my brain isn't liking it one bit. I'm not very good at filtering sounds (I can have troubles making out what people say despite having good hearing), and now that I'm no longer able to separate the locations where different sounds originate from, that weakness is turned up to eleven. Suddenly, any sound makes my head desperately try to figure out where it's coming from, and two conversations going on at the same time just turns into an inseparable mess. Any setting with a constant noise, even that of otherwise low intensity such as on the train, becomes highly stressful. It's very distracting and very tiring, and I ended up doing most of my work today in the break room just because my mini-landscape wasn't silent enough.

I can't wait to finally get it flushed out...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I love dragons. Especially the D&D 3.5 Dragons. But I don't think that's not a secret anymore huh?

9. - Top - End - #1389

I love dragons. Especially the D&D 3.5 Dragons. But I don't think that's not a secret anymore huh?
    I'm very flattered, but I'm married.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

No I didn't say about you but I'm surprised that you're a dragon. I'm taking about Dragons in D&D 3.5. I especially like the Dragons Deities. I have this crush on Hlal the comedic dragon goddess.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2019-06-11 at 09:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1391

This was the first week of the summertime Tuesday evening market where I live. They shut down main street every week on Tuesday nights for assorted vendors to sell from booths, with food, booze, music, and all kinds of stuff. One of the food vendors had fried plantain!

However, it was also over 90 degrees out, so I decided not to hang out, drink beer, and listen to music after I was done eating my plantain. I am now home drinking water and beer alternately with the fan on high speed.

This may be the year I cave and get whole-house air conditioning.

12. - Top - End - #1392

I can relate. We've been enjoying temperatures in the low 100s here for the past couple of days and it's been no fun at all. Nothing says 'summer's arrived' like the sensation of boiling in your own sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I can relate. We've been enjoying temperatures in the low 100s here for the past couple of days and it's been no fun at all. Nothing says 'summer's arrived' like the sensation of boiling in your own sweat.
    Whereas in the UK there were some places yesterday that had as much rain as would normally fall in the whole of June...twice over. I had to do a motorway journey yesterday and I could barely see the road for the spray at some points.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

You're not up for polyamory? Darn, now I have to find something new to do this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Whereas in the UK there were some places yesterday that had as much rain as would normally fall in the whole of June...twice over. I had to do a motorway journey yesterday and I could barely see the road for the spray at some points.
    In London I swear it only started raining as I was going home from work.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I did my premiere swim this past weekend. We must have found a good lake, because the water was surprisingly warm for being this early in the season, although the warmth didn't go very deep beneath the surface, so it would get a lot colder in the wake of other people. Still, I'm a creature of water, and it felt really nice exercising my other movement mode beside the mundane walking I always do.
    I threw away my winter fur last week in a pond with plenty of debris. There's video evidence of this debacle, but it's best if it... just remains to just few eyes to be seen.

I love water, I love swimming, but honestly, this summer hasn't started well on that forte. I live on top of a steep hill, so, of course all of the lakeshores are at the bottom of said steep hill. The swim doesn't feel rewarding at all, when you are an utter sweat ball the time you get back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    The swim doesn't feel rewarding at all, when you are an otter sweat ball the time you get back home.
    fixed it for you.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Star Wars is better than Star Trek! LOL!

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler: Pleasantly surprised?
    Show

I've only ever played the first Kirby, and that fairly recently. Very difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Well, that’s not ominous at all.
    Oh don't worry, I'm just exaggerating for effect.

Show

The other factor that makes Shadow Kanji so tough is that P4 is the first Megaten related game to ever catch wide-spread appeal. Sure, we big dumb nerds know about Matador and how much life sucks and how realizing oops you built yourself wrong time to restart from like a couple hours ago because you can't leave the meat processing plant to eat more demons (grumblrgrmblrGRMBLE!!!!) but basically everyone who played Persona 4 was playing it as their first SMT game.

The ones who play Persona 3 beforehand would of course not consider Shadow Kanji an issue at all, because they know what true hell is and thus never went into a fight without ten thousand different ways to defeat charm and party buffs.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

You're not up for polyamory? Darn, now I have to find something new to do this weekend :smalltongue
    More like ‘‘someone new to do’’.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So I am not much of a video game player, but the release of the Breath of the Wilds 2 trailer with hints that you may get to play as Zelda may change my mind in the future.

I'm hoping that you get a party mechanic where you choose who you control, and the other character is auto piloted.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I am 30 today! Hurray!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #1402

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I am 30 today! Hurray!
    Hooray! Happy birthday!

Danged youths, being all young and stuff.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I am 30 today! Hurray!
    What version of song do you prefer? Traditional, or Dirge version?

24. - Top - End - #1404

I am 30 today! Hurray!
    Happy birthday!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I am 30 today! Hurray!
    Congratulations. You get 30 birthday burps. *Burps 30 times.*

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The other factor that makes Shadow Kanji so tough is that P4 is the first Megaten related game to ever catch wide-spread appeal. Sure, we big dumb nerds know about Matador and how much life sucks and how realizing oops you built yourself wrong time to restart from like a couple hours ago because you can't leave the meat processing plant to eat more demons (grumblrgrmblrGRMBLE!!!!) but basically everyone who played Persona 4 was playing it as their first SMT game.

The ones who play Persona 3 beforehand would of course not consider Shadow Kanji an issue at all, because they know what true hell is and thus never went into a fight without ten thousand different ways to defeat charm and party buffs.
    I never beat Persona 3. I quit after Yukari decided that healing 60hp on the MC was more important than removing charm on Mitsuru and caused the Final boss to recover 95% of its hp. And I remember having left the charm removal to Yukari because I was low on Patra Stones and was beginning to run out of SP on everybody.

But yeah, I remember being confused the first time a friend claimed Shadow Yukiko and Shadow Kanji were hard. My point was more 'different people will experience things differently, here's an example of how'.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

I never beat Persona 3. I quit after Yukari decided that healing 60hp on the MC was more important than removing charm on Mitsuru and caused the Final boss to recover 95% of its hp. And I remember having left the charm removal to Yukari because I was low on Patra Stones and was beginning to run out of SP on everybody.
    ..While I had spent several hours abusing Die For Me! and its Holy equivalent in the optional dungeon zone (there's a number of enemy groups there that are all vulnerable to either Death or Holy, so you can sweep them at near 100% hit with Die For Me!/Samsara and the appropriate element boost skill), had Main Character at something like level 80, and pretty much solo'd that fight. I probably could have done the entire thing just going Judgement combo skill - pop a Soma on Main - Judgement.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Summer's barely started, there have been no thunderstorms around here yet (that I know of, I may have slept through one, apparently I do that).
    Last edited by halfeye; 2019-06-12 at 12:27 PM.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

I am 30 today! Hurray!
    Hooray, have some cake!
    Danged youths, being all young and stuff.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Star Wars is better than Star Trek! LOL!
    No, it's not.

I have never once understood this 'argument.' They aren't even the same genre. They're barely even the same media. Star Wars is primarily movies, and Star Trek is primarily a TV show.

Star Wars is a space fantasy series of movies, with some series, books, and video games, all with wildly varying quality.

Star Trek is...not EXACTLY Sci fi. It's basically the anti-Warhammer with just as much regard for realism. It's mostly known for several TV shows, and movies of varying quality. I believe the general rule is the even-numbered movies are good.

Really, the only thing they have in common is that a lot of people think they're both being run into the ground.

It's like saying that Harry Potter is better than Star Wars. They aren't even trying to be the same thing!