Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Not-So-Mith'd Opportunity: Random Banter # 222

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Oh jeez F N!

Sorry to learn that, I wish you a speedy recovery!

Ah, I had thought I just aged out of the currently nerdly, but now I may blame loss of INT for my drop in status.

Thanks (yes I'd rather be dumb than square still a hipster at heart,pipe down hipster was a good thing dagnabbit!)

Just as long as you're not a trolley pilot, I've heard tales of their murderous inclination towards fat men (or was that observers from bridges?)

+1

The Cubicle 7 supplements are pretty good

Sounds more like a high saving throw rol!

Nope!

Fighting-Men are better, as Magic-Users only have one spell per day until you reach second level, but with the low hit points that's not likely, besides once you get to stronghold building level "Lord" is a cooler sounding level title than 'Wizard".

Finest pun I've read in a long time!

Somehow I suspect it's raining where you are A W!

Ah yes, as I've advised you before it does get mostly better (in my incredibly humble, correct, and good looking opinion!) but you'll still remember from time to time as the first cut is the deepest one.

And now the venting!:
    We met when we were both still teenagers, and I fell for her hard (as only teenagers and twenty-somethings can), we dated a bit, and in time she lost interest in me romantically (as most women do their men, but luckily for us men older women will sometimes resign themselves to staying with us anyway) and I never fell as hard for another girl or women again, iincluding my beautiful wife who I met when I was 23 and have been with since I was 24, though I saw my ex-girlfriend/crush a few times afterwards, once when I was on a motorcycle that I was proud of and I saw her and said hello, once some years latet on an actual dinner for the two of us at a fancy restaurant (which we never did when we were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, mostly we just rode on my motorscooter) when she indulged my whim to try to LARP an adult “date” to chat and make uo for being too poor for such things when we were a couple, and the last time was at a bookstore that I was at with my future wife for a reading she wanted to attend, and I got in line to buy a book, the cashier said my name (twice!) until I realized that the cashier was my ex, who said to me: “I thought you were moving to Seattle”, and I replied: “I was there for months, but it was just too dark” (actually I went up there to help in the care for my wife's father until he died), and I haven’t spoken to her again for decades, and I assumed that she moved out of town like most of the friends I had in my youth, instead she went to graduate school has been teaching at a nearby university (the University!) and she’s had five books published (one of which I accidently found at the library which featured some tales of the "scene" in the '80's that I was a part of, the reading of which was a very melancholy experience for me), plus a lot of articles on-line (some at websites and publications that I’ve read sometimes making me feel like a dunce that I never noticed her by-line earlier!

And today I saw a 9 minutes and 52 seconds video on YouTube of her telling of how awful her old boyfriends were, and I saw she told of an abusive boyfriend she dated 30 years ago who recently contacted her and told her he was "proud of her" and that he thought "feminism has gone too far", so I'm sure I dated her 31 years ago, but I think we were still dating 30 years ago, but I didn't contact her again and while I could imagine telling her that I was proud of her, I can't imagine my saying anything foolish like that about feminism, so possibilities:

1) I'm a Jekyll and Hyde monster with a bad memory.

2) She left me and then soon got together with the abusive guy, or started dating him while I thought we were still together.

3) I was simply so unmemorable that she forgot about me and thought she started dating the abusive guy earlier than she did.

4) We just didn't date as long as I think we did.

Thinking of all these possibilities hurts (and #1 would mean that I am insane!).

I love me wife, I'm glad I'm with her, but in someways that doesn't matter, a surprise find of a pretty good book by someone I once knew, sometime later wondering "I wonder if she's written more?", a web search, a couple of clicks, and a very old wound re-opens.

It doesn't matter that I don't want her now, it matters that I wanted her once, and with a reminder, the hurt of loss somehow comes back (plus the ego hit of how unmemorable I likely am to her now!).

Yes it does get better A W, but decades later some pain is still there (and there's also the pain of realizing that my wife may have been better without me, but that's for another thread!).

Sorry.

I was speaking of Dungeons & Dragons, the "tier list" is for 3.5, don't confuse the two, that's like confusing The Return of the Jedi (stupid freakin' Vietcong Teddy bears!) with Star Wars.
    Let's not drag tier discussions out of their forum. More ink has been spilled over that then over whether Michael Bay ruined Ninja Turtles.

I recently went through a breakup and I'm reasonably certain that some small part of me will always miss it despite all the problems we had. I don't think there is any shame in having nostalgic feelings, just means the love was real. That doesn't invalidate your current relationship in any way, just means you felt legitimate emotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I'll take your humble, handsome, and sure-to-be-correct (except about Return dagnabbit!) word for that.
    I'm just of the opinion that any class can be played well so long as everyone has fun with it.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

My tongue's felt like it's got a splinter shoved into it (open sore, swelling, tongue's a bit black), a friend and an acquaintance both became my enemies, I've spent the entire day running around doing menial tasks for a woman who can't walk because my brother's as reliable as a broken clock, all on 4 hours of sleep after a full week's worth of math and programming problems without more than maybe a few minutes to rest today... and Dad's not even home yet.

How're you?
    Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Oh jeez F N!

Ah, I had thought I just aged out of the currently nerdly, but now I may blame the loss of INT for my drop in status.

Thanks (yes I'd rather be dumb than square still a hipster at heart,pipe down hipster was a good thing dagnabbit!)

Just as long as you're not a trolley pilot, I've heard tales of their murderous inclination towards fat men (or was that observers from bridges?)

+1

The Cubicle 7 supplements are pretty good

Sounds more like a high saving throw roll!

Nope!

Fighting-Men are better, as Magic-Users only have one spell per day until you reach the second level, but with the low hit points that's not likely, besides once you get to stronghold building level "Lord" is a cooler sounding level title than 'Wizard".

Finest pun I've read in a long time!

Somehow I suspect it's raining where you are A W!

Ah yes, as I've advised you before it does get mostly better (in my incredibly humble, correct, and good looking opinion!) but you'll still remember from time to time as the first cut is the deepest one.

And now the venting!:
    We met when we were both still teenagers, and I fell for her hard (as only teenagers and twenty-somethings can), we dated a bit, and in time she lost interest in me romantically (as most women do their men, but luckily for us men older women will sometimes resign themselves to staying with us anyway) and I never fell as hard for another girl or women again, iincluding my beautiful wife who I met when I was 23 and have been with since I was 24, though I saw my ex-girlfriend/crush a few times afterwards, once when I was on a motorcycle that I was proud of and I saw her and said hello, once some years latet on an actual dinner for the two of us at a fancy restaurant (which we never did when we were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, mostly we just rode on my motorscooter) when she indulged my whim to try to LARP an adult “date” to chat and make uo for being too poor for such things when we were a couple, and the last time was at a bookstore that I was at with my future wife for a reading she wanted to attend, and I got in line to buy a book, the cashier said my name (twice!) until I realized that the cashier was my ex, who said to me: “I thought you were moving to Seattle”, and I replied: “I was there for months, but it was just too dark” (actually I went up there to help in the care for my wife's father until he died), and I haven’t spoken to her again for decades, and I assumed that she moved out of town like most of the friends I had in my youth, instead she went to graduate school has been teaching at a nearby university (the University!) and she’s had five books published (one of which I accidently found at the library which featured some tales of the "scene" in the '80's that I was a part of, the reading of which was a very melancholy experience for me), plus a lot of articles on-line (some at websites and publications that I’ve read sometimes making me feel like a dunce that I never noticed her by-line earlier!

And today I saw a 9 minutes and 52 seconds video on YouTube of her telling of how awful her old boyfriends were, and I saw she told of an abusive boyfriend she dated 30 years ago who recently contacted her and told her he was "proud of her" and that he thought "feminism has gone too far", so I'm sure I dated her 31 years ago, but I think we were still dating 30 years ago, but I didn't contact her again and while I could imagine telling her that I was proud of her, I can't imagine my saying anything foolish like that about feminism, so possibilities:

2) She left me and then soon got together with the abusive guy, or started dating him while I thought we were still together.

3) I was simply so unmemorable that she forgot about me and thought she started dating the abusive guy earlier than she did.

Thinking of all these possibilities hurts (and #1 would mean that I am insane!).

I love me, wife, I'm glad I'm with her, but in some ways that doesn't matter, a surprise find of a pretty good book by someone I once knew, sometime later wondering "I wonder if she's written more?", a web search, a couple of clicks, and a very old wound re-opens.

It doesn't matter that I don't want her now, it matters that I wanted her once, and with a reminder, the hurt of loss somehow comes back (plus the ego hit of how unmemorable I likely am to her now!).

Yes, it does get better A W, but decades later some pain is still there (and there's also the pain of realizing that my wife may have been better without me, but that's for another thread!).

Sorry.

I was speaking of Dungeons & Dragons, the "tier list" is for 3.5, don't confuse the two, that's like confusing The Return of the Jedi (stupid freakin' Vietcong Teddy bears!) with Star Wars.
    3.5 is part of Dungeons and Dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    The "tier list" is also not worth much, IMO.
    On the contrary, the tier list is worth much in my opinion but I'm not going to debate it.

5. - Top - End - #1385

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    On the contrary, the tier list is worth much in my opinion but I'm not going to debate it.
    If you like it, that's great! I'm just saying I would have no problem playing a Fighter and being perfectly content.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

If you like it, that's great! I'm just saying I would have no problem playing a Fighter and being perfectly content.
    Good. Everybody can play any class they want. I love all the classes to be fair.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

There is some sort of joke about Penguins being butlers along with netflix and krill, but I can't quite get it to come together.

I am also very hungry. I make a dish out of peanut butter and eggs which is easily transportable and has good macros for lunch, but while it has plenty of calories it lacks satiating power.

Spoiler
    Show
    You just heat peanut butter in the microwave for a minute, then whip the eggs into it and back to the microwave for 2 minutes. Comes out textured a lot like brownies, but kind of flavorless. I put fresh peanut butter inside and either fold or roll it for flavor, tastes pretty good that way and easy to take with you.

8. - Top - End - #1388

Picked up some carne picada on the way home to make a stroganoff. They didn't have mushrooms, to my dismay, but it still came together pretty well.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Picked up some carne picada on the way home to make a stroganoff. They didn't have mushrooms, to my dismay, but it still came together pretty well.
    Stroganoff is one of those foods I miss on this diet. Not as much as paprikash, but enough that reading the word made my mouth water.

What kind of a store doesn't have mushrooms?

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Insane Jeenyus View Post
    can a nerd have a high constitution score? I ask because in school I was nerdy, but in 2011 I survived 6 hours off untreated septic shock from a 2 inch perforation in my lower intestines. Lots of fort saves! still trying to recover my strength though.

Sounds more like a high saving throw roll!
    for a 6 week "poison duration" I would say more like several rolls.

loss of con
    loss off str
    loss of int
    loss of wis
    increase of ch [scars are cool!]
    loss of dex
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Stroganoff is one of those foods I miss on this diet. Not as much as paprikash, but enough that reading the word made my mouth water.

What kind of a store doesn't have mushrooms?
    A very small Aldi. Amusingly enough, also the only store to carry meat that is perfectly suited to make stroganoff right out of the package.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, it's more a measure of versatility than fun.

I find it a useful tool, personally.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post

I find it a useful tool, personally.
    Same here.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

They didn't have mushrooms, to my dismay, but it still came together pretty well.
    That's the opposite of a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #1395

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    My versatility comes out in RP.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    That's the opposite of a problem.
    Ni mushrooms is the height of a problem! Next thing I know you're gonna start bashing onions...

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

And now the venting!:

I love me wife, I'm glad I'm with her, but in someways that doesn't matter, a surprise find of a pretty good book by someone I once knew, sometime later wondering "I wonder if she's written more?", a web search, a couple of clicks, and a very old wound re-opens.

I'm pretty sure that when people say "30 years ago", they actually mean anywhere in the interval of 26 to 36 years ago unless there's extra evidence that they actually mean exactly 30 years ago.

I don't know anything about programming but sorry that language is so bad. Why do people use it?
    It was designed to integrate well with web servers back in the day when the demand for a language that quickly lets you start servicing web requests first appeared, and it was the first of its kind so it got a massive initial popularity from that. Since then, no other language has really managed to outdo it enough to kill that popularity. For example, just throwing a glance at the URL bar shows me that the Playground runs on PHP.

3.5 is part of Dungeons and Dragons.
    Yes, but 2D8HP is referring to to the very first edition of Dungeons & Dragons, where the Fighting-Man gains levels faster than the Magic-User (which in turn levels faster than the Elf, which more or less is a gestalt of them both), and where high level characters get to start building strongholds simply for the sake of being expected to do so at that level.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Next thing I know you're gonna start bashing onions...
    Nah, I'll spare you that. I'd be worried it would make you cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

18. - Top - End - #1398

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Nah, I'll spare you that. I'd be worried it would make you cry.
    I would only be weeping for your bland foods.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    I'm pretty sure that when people say "30 years ago", they actually mean anywhere in the interval of 26 to 36 years ago unless there's extra evidence that they actually mean exactly 30 years ago.

It was designed to integrate well with web servers back in the day when the demand for a language that quickly lets you start servicing web requests first appeared, and it was the first of its kind so it got a massive initial popularity from that. Since then, no other language has really managed to outdo it enough to kill that popularity. For example, just throwing a glance at the URL bar shows me that the Playground runs on PHP.

Yes, but 2D8HP is referring to to the very first edition of Dungeons & Dragons, where the Fighting-Man gains levels faster than the Magic-User (which in turn levels faster than the Elf, which more or less is a gestalt of them both), and where high level characters get to start building strongholds simply for the sake of being expected to do so at that level.
    Oh ok then. I never play the First Edition of Dungeons And Dragons. Might seeks interest in that game in the future.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

I don't know anything about programming but sorry that language is so bad. Why do people use it?
    The same reason they used BASIC on 80s home computers, despite it being a terrible programming language--easy for people to understand and do simple stuff with. It's only when you try to do anything complicated that you start running into its limitations, of which there are many.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

Nope!

Fighting-Men are better, as Magic-Users only have one spell per day until you reach second level, but with the low hit points that's not likely, besides once you get to stronghold building level "Lord" is a cooler sounding level title than 'Wizard".
    Fighting-Men are the best!

Also: a wizard gets few apprentices at best if I remember correctly. The lord? An army. May include magic-users

And now the venting!:
    -SNIP-

Also:

5) When somebody does a dramatic recount of previous abusive boyfriends on YouTube, not all facts may be correct (for dramatic purposes "28 years ago" is too specific, "30 years" sounds even better) and non-abusive boyfriends get usually discarded (again, for dramatic purposes).

6) She has a bad memory.

(and there's also the pain of realizing that my wife may have been better without me, but that's for another thread!).
    See my response in the other thread. Also: yeah, she could have been an astronaut, but she would have missed all the sweet-sweet 2D8HP love you provide

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    My tongue's felt like it's got a splinter shoved into it (open sore, swelling, tongue's a bit black), a friend and an acquaintance both became my enemies, I've spent the entire day running around doing menial tasks for a woman who can't walk because my brother's as reliable as a broken clock, all on 4 hours of sleep after a full week's worth of math and programming problems without more than maybe a few minutes to rest today... and Dad's not even home yet.

How're you?
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like one of those days...

And thanks for asking! After I finally started hearing with both ears my condition slipped back and I am still half-deaf but with additional discomfort of also being a involuntary mouth-breather. Which means my attempts to finally rejoin HEMA practice - during summer they practice in local park! - failed again. Kids are going through the "everything is mine!" phase (both of them at the same time), which means that at home I feel as something between peacekeeping soldier, tyrannical dictator and MMA referee, my wife is exhausted as she tries to get her photography career alive while taking care of the children and work... is work.

Still, your day sounded terrible. Is there anything we can do to make it better?

Photos of kittens? Or transcontinental ballistic cookie delivery?

...grumble grumble... I would be not only content, but happy! Of course, that would mean finding a GM who does Riddle of Steel, which would be a lot of work

Oh ok then. I never play the First Edition of Dungeons And Dragons. Might seeks interest in that game in the future.
    Go, Bartmanhomer! Return to the roots of the hobby!

No backstories! No min-maxing! No feats! Just you, your single spell (or trusty sword) and your wits against a dungeon full of monsters!
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Except for the Middle Earth version. Weirdly if you remove the spellcasting I still like D&D, but the casters annoy me (too powerful and versatile).
    Have you tried the game it was ported from, The One Ring?
    I’m GMing a campaign whenever my friends’ and my schedules align and it has been pretty fun so far.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Barbarian in the Playground

I think EnWorld has been hacked.
    Has any one seen my jar of anti-protons or my cyclotron of positrons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sermil View Post

How many surrealist painters does it take to change a light bulb?
    Soup made from multicolored machine parts
    Side employment:
    Professor Emeritus:Studies of Supernatural Events and Countermeasures;

Miscatonic University, Nashville Campus

sig thread is here

24. - Top - End - #1404

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

How're you?
    My dude, get that looked at.

And I hope one day you're able to set yourself free of the shackles of "but Mom said" because the instant I decided to stop being my mother's slave is the instant I became a full human being.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    Fighting-Men are the best!

Also: a wizard gets few apprentices at best if I remember correctly. The lord? An army. May include magic-users

Also:

5) When somebody does a dramatic recount of previous abusive boyfriends on YouTube, not all facts may be correct (for dramatic purposes "28 years ago" is too specific, "30 years" sounds even better) and non-abusive boyfriends get usually discarded (again, for dramatic purposes).

6) She has a bad memory.

See my response in the other thread. Also: yeah, she could have been an astronaut, but she would have missed all the sweet-sweet 2D8HP love you provide

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like one of those days...

And thanks for asking! After I finally started hearing with both ears my condition slipped back and I am still half-deaf but with additional discomfort of also being a involuntary mouth-breather. Which means my attempts to finally rejoin HEMA practice - during summer they practice in local park! - failed again. Kids are going through the "everything is mine!" phase (both of them at the same time), which means that at home I feel as something between peacekeeping soldier, tyrannical dictator and MMA referee, my wife is exhausted as she tries to get her photography career alive while taking care of the children and work... is work.

Still, your day sounded terrible. Is there anything we can do to make it better?

Photos of kittens? Or transcontinental ballistic cookie delivery?

...grumble grumble... I would be not only content, but happy! Of course, that would mean finding a GM who does Riddle of Steel, which would be a lot of work

Go, Bartmanhomer! Return to the roots of the hobby!

No backstories! No min-maxing! No feats! Just you, your single spell (or trusty sword) and your wits against a dungeon full of monsters!
    Ok I'll do it. See you after in the Recruitment Thread.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

The "tier list" is also not worth much, IMO.
    It's worth quite a bit when looking at theory, but in practice it breaks down where all that matters is if a character is able to contribute and fun (Tier 1) or unable to contribute or unfun (tier 2).

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    The same reason they used BASIC on 80s home computers, despite it being a terrible programming language--easy for people to understand and do simple stuff with. It's only when you try to do anything complicated that you start running into its limitations, of which there are many.
    Honestly, having learnt a better programming language I can't stand BASIC. I can use it, of course.
    Code:
    10 PRINT "ANONYMOUSWIZARD SUCKS AT PROGRAMMING"
    20 GOTO 10
    But I absolutely hate coding in it because the structure makes it harder to understand.
    Code:
    while (true) {

cout << "Anonymouswizard still sucks at programming.\n"; cout << "Also this program wouldn't even work.\n";
    }
    Once you've actually learnt how most programming languages work you'll find them easier because of how they flow, and I hate how my first experience with programming was in BASIC. I still have to fight the urge to use gotos instead of For and While loops (I rarely use Do-While, although I understand why you'd use it).
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Troll in the Playground

Ok I'll do it. See you after in the Recruitment Thread.
    Small chance. My statement was meant as overall encouragement to try OD&D - I am unable to keep OD&D game alive - and have run few games to the ground, for which I apologize to my former players.

And while I will attempt to resurrect one of my previous games, I do not think you would be interested.
    Last edited by Lacco; 2019-08-09 at 02:34 PM.
    Call me Laco or Ladislav (if you need to be formal). Avatar comes from the talented linklele.
    Formerly GMing: Riddle of Steel: Soldiers of Fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Kol Korran View Post
    Instead of having an adventure, from which a cool unexpected story may rise, you had a story, with an adventure built and designed to enable the story, but also ensure (or close to ensure) it happens.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lacco36 View Post
    Small chance. My statement was meant as overall encouragement to try OD&D - I am unable to keep OD&D game alive - and have run few games to the ground, for which I apologize to my former players.

And while I will attempt to resurrect one of my previous games, I do not think you would be interested.
    Hold on now, what makes you think that I wouldn't be interested?

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Just finished Tomb Raider. It was alright.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

30. - Top - End - #1410

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Just finished Tomb Raider. It was alright.
    Operating on the assumption you mean the first of the new era ones: yeah that's a pretty solid take to have on the series. It's kinda the most basic of the "modern games have a bow and crafting system" style games, and the extreme graphic violence that borders on feeling exploitative is weird, but overall the game seems Fine.

(I'm not saying you can't have violence happen in women led media, just that a lot of the violence is a little uncomfortably presented)