New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    No worries. Quick duel's a good duel.

Incidentally, I think we might not have received experience since.. the island, which seems like a million years ago now; but not for the powerhouse fight you guys did while I was out of commission, and so forth. Seeming as we have 'resolved' our impediment in Bordeleaux, it might be time for a little XP booster.

And we can do a little social RP at Gunther's while Kwolf does some bird snoopin'! I'll set it up a bit.
    alright, take 100 xp

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers Part V: Zut Zut Zut and a Bottle of Bordeleaux

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    alright, take 100 xp
    Is this for the trial or for stuff before the trial? Trying to determine if Gimgroth should earn it or not. Also has there been any established way to advance the NPCs?

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

XP History and Totals are here:

18/12/22
    Gimgroth 5635
    - Point at which he left

6/9/23
    Gimgroth 5935
    - Earned on his side adventure I think

16/11/23
    Bertelis 6725
    Wighard 6675
    Bruno, Meloth 6300
    Jasmine 6250
    Gimgroth 6035
    Kwolf 975
    Schlapp 250

Of course I should take Meloth off that and put Regine on it

So Gimgroth has "lost" about 700XP from not being around but is still in the ball park

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
    XP History and Totals are here:

18/12/22
    Gimgroth 5635
    - Point at which he left

6/9/23
    Gimgroth 5935
    - Earned on his side adventure I think

16/11/23
    Bertelis 6725
    Wighard 6675
    Bruno, Meloth 6300
    Jasmine 6250
    Gimgroth 6035
    Kwolf 975
    Schlapp 250

Of course I should take Meloth off that and put Regine on it

So Gimgroth has "lost" about 700XP from not being around but is still in the ball park
    Yeah Bramble awarded 300XP for Gimgroth and Beatrix journey side adventure. Has Siobhan improved her stats at all? Wondering how to advance this girls during our travels. Eventually I would like Beatrix to learn Read/Write but that means moving on from Entertainer career.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

I began writing up Siobhan but stopped

I think we agreed that NPCs would take 1/2XP like Familiars

So Beatrix would have 200?

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

At some point I think Gimgroth will ask Wighard to teach Beatrix her letters as he is not learned in that way.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

used the XP to master Dodge blow. A +10% to my dodge is not a bad thing I think.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

alright, take 100 xp
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Is this for the trial or for stuff before the trial? Trying to determine if Gimgroth should earn it or not. Also has there been any established way to advance the NPCs?
    @Bramble, I suggest unless there's a compelling reason, we'd all earn the XP for the group's activities, even though only half were permitted to put their necks on the line. Personal XP rewards are neat, but I think you've done well so far in reserving them for isolated, personal conflicts like Gimgroth's 1st day alley punchup or Bertelis' duel with the sergeant. And even than if one player is surging ahead, it might not feel too good, so concocting a reason to give other players some kind of catchup challenge as a chance to earn more, as events go on.

I began writing up Siobhan but stopped

I think we agreed that NPCs would take 1/2XP like Familiars

So Beatrix would have 200?
    I know I just created 'Maxime' with the character creator and had not thought to level her up past that. Though I suppose if we are going to end up doing a 'B team rescues the A team' plot at some point, we might need to lock that down and formalize it.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

@Bramble, I suggest unless there's a compelling reason, we'd all earn the XP for the group's activities, even though only half were permitted to put their necks on the line. Personal XP rewards are neat, but I think you've done well so far in reserving them for isolated, personal conflicts like Gimgroth's 1st day alley punchup or Bertelis' duel with the sergeant. And even than if one player is surging ahead, it might not feel too good, so concocting a reason to give other players some kind of catchup challenge as a chance to earn more, as events go on.

I know I just created 'Maxime' with the character creator and had not thought to level her up past that. Though I suppose if we are going to end up doing a 'B team rescues the A team' plot at some point, we might need to lock that down and formalize it.

all fine here by me!

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So...how much exp did we get each? 100?
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    So...how much exp did we get each? 100?
    correctamundo!

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

If possible, Regine will be entering the Targeteer career.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

If possible, Regine will be entering the Targeteer career.
    just gonna say that you're gonna need to do a quest for that. you already have a high AF BS.

lets work on that together neh?

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

just gonna say that you're gonna need to do a quest for that. you already have a high AF BS.

lets work on that together neh?
    How high AF?

This high?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

How high AF?

This high?

snoop dogg just gave up the smoke.

do not quote the deep magic to me, i was there when it was written

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hehe, what mission were you thinking?

Shoot an apple off of Bertelis' head?

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Hehe, what mission were you thinking?

Shoot an apple off of Bertelis' head?
    i think our knight would not approve.

lets say you find an old targeteer, and he wants you to do some missions for him.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ettin in the Playground

@Bramble, I suggest unless there's a compelling reason, we'd all earn the XP for the group's activities, even though only half were permitted to put their necks on the line
    I had thought it was for everything everybody had done since the island fight, not just for the duel

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Junior Slug Neonate go!

So that's what?

Odmar

Siobhan

Beatrix

Maxine

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Jasmine's choice of 'prime' orphan, too. Odmar will probably stay home - he has more than earned his pay. Poor bugger had to control all our horses while Wighard kept turning them insane in the bowels of the ship with miscasts.

Ideally, Regine and Bruno would also have some kind of tagalongs they could have in the Lil' Sluggers. Bruno hasn't exactly bonded with his poor footman, and Farothel is entitled to a secondary character he actually likes! And Regine's not been here long enough to really snowball a follower. But these are good ambitions to add to our entourage.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Regine won't have anyone. French Catwoman works alone.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Regine won't have anyone. French Catwoman works alone.
    What if one of the orphans helps you run cons? Like the Bibali Shuffle or the Hochland Handmaid’s Lunchbox Gambit?

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What if one of the orphans helps you run cons? Like the Bibali Shuffle or the Hochland Handmaid’s Lunchbox Gambit?
    Just cuts into the profits. Little bastard would expect his cut.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

. Odmar will probably stay home - he has more than earned his pay.
    Odmar will be our Sam Gamgee, he never asked for any of this, but he will see it through and return to Averland

Or possibly repay Bertelis by some final act of self-sacrifice
    Last edited by wilphe; 2023-11-17 at 11:03 AM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Odmar will be our Sam Gamgee, he never asked for any of this, but he will see it through and return to Averland

Or possibly repay Bertelis by some final act of self-sacrifice
    I will not permit this; Odmar must get home at all costs.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes Sir Frodo

27. - Top - End - #867
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Go back, Odmar! I'm going to Mousillon alone!

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

Go back, Odmar! I'm going to Mousillon alone!
    im sorry, is it my turn to post? im up to my ears in games

29. - Top - End - #869
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

*Thinks*

His requirements is a good bottle of cognac and a joke that makes him laugh?

30. - Top - End - #870
    Troll in the Playground

*Thinks*

His requirements is a good bottle of cognac and a joke that makes him laugh?
    i shall consult chat gpt and get back to you. in the meantime, accept this gif

also, your up for the kislev game