New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Kallimakus' Curse of the Crimson Throne [PF1]

Here is the OOC thread. Pick colours if you want, I will link to the IC thread when I've set it up.

Character creation rules:
    Spoiler: Character Creation rules
    Show
    -Point-buy 20.
    -Common and featured races are all allowed. More exotic races under 15 RP can be considered upon request
    Spoiler: Notes on races
    Hide
    Races that have listed RP of 8 or fewer can take a bonus Racial Feat (as opposed to the Racial Bonus Feat granted by humans) or Skill Focus, or a Feat that requires being taken at level 1.
    Human ethnicities play a role in this campaign, so any human or half-human (non-outsider) should list their human ethnicity. I'll expand a bit below.
    *Chelaxian - The original settlers of Korvosa are of Chelaxian descent. By far the most common in Korvosa. Commonly have fair skin, and dark hair and eyes
    *Varisian - The locals of Varisia, the area where Korvosa is located, make up the largest minority in the city. Commonly have olive or tan skin and lithe frames, with great variety in eye and hair colors
    *Shoanti - The other minority in the region, largely nomadic, with a history of war with Korvosans that paints interactions between them.
    *Others, such as Taldan, Tian, Kele****e, Kellid, Ulfen, Garundi and more fantasy counterpart cultures can be found in the wiki

-For classes, first party classes are all on the table. Unchained classes are preferred over their older counterparts.
    -Two traits, one of which should be a campaign trait. A third trait can be taken in exchange for a drawback.
    -Feat Taxes:
    *Weapon Finesse is given for free. Classes that grant Weapon Finesse as a bonus Feat or grant it's benefits instead grant Weapon Focus.
    *Weapon Focus and other Feats that apply to all weapons in a Fighter Weapon Group rather than a single weapon.
    *Improved Maneuver Feats automatically grant their Greater version when other prerequisites are met.
    *Two-Weapon Fighting also grants Improved and Greater versions as the character meets prerequisites.
    *Point-Blank Shot and Precise Shot are merged into a single Feat.
    *Dodge and Mobility are merged into a single Feat
    *Combat Expertise, Deadly Aim and Power Attack are merged into a single Feat, requiring the character to meet any of the prerequisites.
    (I'm going this route to make rebuilding NPC's a bit easier than Elephant in the Room, but I can use that if it's preferred.)
    -Background skills are in use.
    -Wealth can be average or you can roll (roll sticks)
    -Hp is full at first level, and high average thereafter (d10 becomes 6)
    -Backstory and description don't need to be long, but preference is given to characters that have them.
    -No alternate rules systems (Path of War, Psionics, Spheres in their various incarnations...)

The heroes
    Lily Rush
    Asher Levin
    Ember
    Vincent Foundling
    Rudy
    Last edited by Kallimakus; 2024-05-22 at 04:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kallimakus' Curse of the Crimson Throne [PF1]

Let's add to the sheet with a quote of character post. For the colour #339966 is my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    Spoiler: Ember
    Show

sheet

Embers childhood was hard, as any child in an under-funded orphanage. From there, it got worse when she was sold to Gaedren. The living agreement was pretty much the same, but now she had to do hard labour. Not an easy task for someone as small or as weak as her.

This meant repeated failures, punishments and eventual. Eventually, her injuries added up, and she was left for dead. Through a twist of fate, she survived. On her own, it was not easy, but keeping all the profit help, not to mention new found freedom. It was in that freedom that awaken her magic. With, magic... surviving got easier.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Asher will be speaking in blue.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-05-19 at 11:40 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hi all. Glad to play with you all. I hope this time it doesn't die out. Anyways here's Lily. For color I'll go with plum..

Hey Gyrfalcon do you want Vincent and Lilly to know each other? She could be a repeat patient.
    Last edited by Tom Foolery; 2024-05-19 at 12:49 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vincent will use Red as his color.

Linking him and Lily sounds good. He serves all the injured equally, though he disapproves of the pit fight organizers, he knows most of the fighters are just trying to get by.

How good was Lily? Undefeated champion, or did she lose sometimes - even badly?

If she came in hanging on by a thread, Vincent might have awakened his Oracle powers saving her as his medicine worked miracles, causing weeks of natural healing in seconds.

6. - Top - End - #6

MindFlayer

I'd say she wins well more then she loses and those loses are mainly to older more experience fighters which can leave her with broken bones and the like. She really likes that after Wilkins fight you were able to fix her nose so doesn't look like it was smeared across her face. She also likes how you anti-concussion mixture makes her feel all fluffy.

Basically I see her coming in and being a pain in the ass until you've healed her and booted her out the door.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'm currently waiting for tonberryking to report in and typing the initial post, just so everyone is up to speed here.

8. - Top - End - #8

AssassinGuy

Btw, if anyone wants to tie backstory with Asher, know him or be his friend, he spent the majority of his youth in Old Korvosa. As such, he was not a missable face and bonded with people.

9. - Top - End - #9

"Doc! Doc! We got some more for ya'!"

Vincent sighed and stepped away from the unconscious figure on the pallet. He had done what he can - now it was up to them if they regained consciousness or not. "What 'ya got?" he demanded of Lenny, his erstwhile assistant.

"Two 'o the pit dogs! T'was a close one, it was, 'ol Wilkins ain't looking too good, and th' new girl got her clock cleaned. Still came out on top, that one!" Lenny said cheerfully as some of the volunteers brought in the two fighters.

Vincent went and checked on Wilkins first - broken ribs, and he was coughing blood. "This one be first. Her - broken nose, probably concussion. She'll keep."

Back alley surgery is a brutal affair, but Wilkins was lucky that he was popular enough that his friends and supporters could dose him with enough hard liquor that combined with his injuries he was mostly unconscious as Vincent removed the bone shard stabbing into a lung and set the broken bones. "He needs t' rest. No fighting for him - leastwise for a month. He takes a solid shot t' those ribs, they just break all over again. Make sure he walks around, but no hard exercise." he said bluntly to one of Wilkins groupies.

Making his way over to the girl, he eyed her injuries, face profoundly unimpressed. "You're a right mess, Lily" he said, blunt fingers surprisingly gentle as he tested the edges of his frequent customer's very broken nose.

"You should have seen the other guy! she slurred, her grin showing red-rimmed teeth from the blood that still flowed sluggishly from her nose.

"I did. He was worse. Good job. Now, hold still. I'll set your nose on the count of three. One. Two." His hands on either side of her nose moves together in a complicated motion, and there was a crunch of cartilage being set in the proper place, followed by a few gutter curses.

"Why do you always do it early!" she complained as he hands her a small vial containing a noxious mixture, which she downs without a complaint.

"Because somehow ya' don't expect it, an’ it works better when ya' ain't all tensed up. Now, keep your guard up, Lily - getting punched in th' head enough makes ya' stupid. Look at ol' Rannikan. He was a pit dog once, now he don't remember much o' anything."

"But if I do that, I wouldn't get the fluffy drink!" Lily said with an uncharacteristic giggle as she started to soar.

Vincent sighed as he stuck a pillow under her head. She'd be right as rain once the medicine ran its course.

"Doc! Got another coming in!"

Vincent sighed a last time and got to work. It was another busy night in the slums.

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kallimakus View Post
    I'm currently waiting for tonberryking to report in and typing the initial post, just so everyone is up to speed here.
    You might want to PM tonberryking. He is active but not responding. Alternatively, he might have missed the post where he was picked from being bogged down by RL despite his active status.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

...Yeah. I didn't think I was going to get in, as it happens.

"I'll take green, though."

EDIT: Also, did I ever get confirmation on what Bonus feat I could take?
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2024-05-21 at 10:15 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, the gang is all here

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tonberryking View Post
    ...Yeah. I didn't think I was going to get in, as it happens.

"I'll take green, though."

EDIT: Also, did I ever get confirmation on what Bonus feat I could take?
    It was a tight race, but I wanted to see where we could go with this.

The Vicious Bite one is fine by me. Equally, any Feat that requires you to take it at level 1 or Skill Focus are applicable.

14. - Top - End - #14

MindFlayer

Gyrfalcon:

Yeah that sounds great.

Lilly saunters into Vincent's back street surgery late one night a couple weeks after her last visit. She looks around to make sure it's first then say, "Hey Vince. How things been? I wanted to thank you for healing my up last time." She holds up a large bottle of what looks like alcohol. "You got time for a drink?"

Everyone:

What's everyone's time zone? So we'll know roughly when everyone will be posting. I'm Eastern Standard Time.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm GMT+2 so that's already a rather big difference

16. - Top - End - #16

AssassinGuy

For me, GMT+12.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

GMT+2 for me

IC thread is now operational.

18. - Top - End - #18

A diverse crew! I’m GMT+2 as well.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

I have no idea what Eastern Standard Time/EST is in GMT terms.

I could never get that right.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

EST is GMT -4, GMT is British time if that easier to remember. More specifically Greenwich Mean Time, Greenwich being a British city and their university is responsible for creating the GMT standard

21. - Top - End - #21

MindFlayer

I'll freely admit I was expecting more of a North American group. Well we all know what happens when you assume stuff. Sorry.

22. - Top - End - #22

Vincent looks up from where he is rolling bandages with a faint frown at Lily's familiar voice rings out. It was a quiet night though, and he gestures for her to take a chair at the table as he finds two glasses for them. Lily. Good t' see you're up an' about. Happy t' see you're keepin' your guard up. It was no joke, rattle yer brainbox t' often an' only magic'll fix ya, and there ain't too much o' that for the likes of us."

He waits for Lily to poor the drink and clinks his glass against hers. "Cheers." he takes a drink of the alcohol, grimacing faintly as it burns on its way down. "Ye got somethin' on your mind?" he asks of the brawler.

Spoiler: Rolls for IC thread
    Show

Knowledge (local, untrained) - (1d20+1)[16]

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Posted in the IC. I arranged the individual posts in the rough order of arrival. Anyone is free to enter, to find the home empty for the moment. If Vincent doesn't step inside, Lily will be arriving shortly to bump into him.

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

@Kallimakus Do I need to wait for others to post before I do, or I am in the OK to post whenever since Asher is the last to arrive?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

I would definitely like Ember to see one more person walk in before she dose

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    @Kallimakus Do I need to wait for others to post before I do, or I am in the OK to post whenever since Asher is the last to arrive?
    I suppose that the order can slide here, and if you're the first to post you'll just be there before them instead, so the game can move, and Lily and Vincent arrive after instead.

27. - Top - End - #27

AssassinGuy

I am going to give it another day before I post.

28. - Top - End - #28

Alright, post up, and the party starts forming - Rudy lost vs his perception by 1. I can't find a roll for Ember, but you can see the DC you need to beat to avoid detection by Vincent.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrfalcon View Post
    Alright, post up, and the party starts forming - Rudy lost vs his perception by 1. I can't find a roll for Ember, but you can see the DC you need to beat to avoid detection by Vincent.
    Ember is not hidding out right, more trying to blend with the crowed, not sure what type of roll it would be if any

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    Ember is not hidding out right, more trying to blend with the crowed, not sure what type of roll it would be if any
    I would accept stealth, bluff or disguise to seem to belong there.