New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Listining without sound

Hmm. Here's somthing that struck me. Read Jillian's speach to yourself, then compair it to how jillian generally talks. It simply dosn't read like the same person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now read as many examples of Wanda's speach as possible.. .

It may just be me, but the similarities there are much more prounounced. It sounds like Jillian is reading of a script Wanda wrote. And coming on top of the comment in the last strip about free will...

Anything against this? we know Wanda practices Thinkamancy, so it's possible (I'm guessing some magic could be trigered remotely, but we have seen nothing on this yet) even if not magic, Wanda might well have simply come up with a script by remote (as Jillian is unlikely to come up with convincing Dialouge

thoughts?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2007-08-27 at 06:05 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground
    Default Re: Listining without sound

Also look at her eyes.

Normally brown, they've become blue.

I think it's fairly obvious, really.
    My sight is the sight of all, My breath is the breath of life, My blood is the blood of gods. Yet you dare defy me? I think not. Soon, you will die. I will enjoy it. My daggers will eagerly drink the blood of the fallen. Your existence will be expunged like the vermin it so resembles. I have spoken.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Listening without sound

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko View Post
    Also look at her eyes.

I see her eyes as a dark purple, and I think the blue sparkling effect of the Archons spell might make her eyes seem bluer.

As for the OP, Nothing we have seen so far suggests that Wanda's spell allows that sort of control. (Come to think of it, I guess you are saying that Jillians speech patterns suggest that very thing.) You know, Wanda's spell doesn't seem to do anything, The "don't harm people you love" effect is something most people do when they're in love anyway.
    Last edited by Lazy Fat Man; 2007-08-27 at 07:13 PM.
    Lazymancer

I edit a lot because my grammer sucks a lot.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

That's why I also said the possibility that it may simply be a script wanda came up with for jillian. I think we can agree though, jillian does not sound herself.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

I do agree with you, she's not being herself. She seems way more interspective and self aware than I would have given her credit for. Also, No way she would declare her feeling and inner most thoughts like that.

Her speech should have gone more like this.

"Hey Ansom, I found the dwagons. Consider them croaked. Over and out."

I still don't think Wands' spell can control her that well. However, perhaps the Eyemancer trio can do more than just recon. But I doubt they would be able to do anything on Ansom's turn.
    Last edited by Lazy Fat Man; 2007-08-27 at 07:38 PM.
    Lazymancer

I edit a lot because my grammer sucks a lot.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fat Man View Post
    I do agree with you, she's not being herself. She seems way more interspective and self aware than I would have given her credit for. Also, No way she would declare her feeling and inner most thoughts like that.
    Now, what I'm thinking is that those very inner thoughts are what's being relayed. It's called a thinkagram, afterall. Perhaps it's Ansom's own mind that's giving words to her thoughts.

Of course, there's also the possibility that something else is amiss. Could be both, in fact. I do have to wonder about Jaclyn's behavior, it doesn't seem that this sort of rebellion is the norm for the Archons.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

maybe wanda paid for charlie. it never does say who paid for charlie.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Now, what I'm thinking is that those very inner thoughts are what's being relayed. It's called a thinkagram, afterall. Perhaps it's Ansom's own mind that's giving words to her thoughts.
    Unlikely. It is suposed to be a reliable means of communication. I can't see such distortion as a possibility or no one would ever use Thinkagrams. I'm going for the obvious. Simple long distance telepathy.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Koneko View Post
    Also look at her eyes.

When were her eyes "normally brown"? They're certainly blue during her very first appearance on page 7, and also blue more recently in strip 63.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    When were her eyes "normally brown"? They're certainly blue during her very first appearance on page 7, and also blue more recently in strip 63.
    They're usually a somewhat darker violet-blue. However, if you compare scenes under different illumination (e.g. the light globes -- on page 8, Jillian and Ansom's eyes both look yellow), it's evident that Jamie tailors the color palette of the scene accordingly. Thus, I'm inclined to go with the simple explanation that it's the color shift (clearly visible if you compare the sky inside and outside the "frame") of the Thinkagram effect.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-08-28 at 07:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

I don't know if it has ever comes in the discussion (the thread on this new page is too long to read from the beginning). But did it occure to someone, that even if Jillian don't attack the wounded dwagon, she will have to hack through some to get to Ansom.

Threrefore, by stating that she will croak some dwagon before getting with Ansom, there still is a chance that she decided to ignore the croaked dwagon.

Egmorn

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

No she won't: she can go in the back way through the hole in the 'fort' that ansom + gumps created.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

I am not sure. I didn't study the map very precisely. But the goal of Jillian is to go as quick as possible to the center, pick up Ansom and flee as far as possible toward the army.

If she is not perfectly alligned to the "backdoor", going to the center as fast as possible might take her through. depending wether she is on the hex with dwagon (then she can go through the backdoor) or on one of the adjascent hex.

Still I too am pretty convinced that she will try to attack the wounded dwagon.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Egmorn View Post
    I am not sure. I didn't study the map very precisely. But the goal of Jillian is to go as quick as possible to the center, pick up Ansom and flee as far as possible toward the army.

If she is not perfectly alligned to the "backdoor", going to the center as fast as possible might take her through. depending wether she is on the hex with dwagon (then she can go through the backdoor) or on one of the adjascent hex.
    Looking at the map, the wounded-dwagon hex is three hexes away from Ansom's hex in the center of the dwagon ring. There are three different "shortest routes" on the hex grid, two of which go through the gap in the ring where Ansom's force croaked the weak stack on the way in.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the idea, mainly because we don't know that Ansom is the friend she phoned first. Perhaps she wanted Wanda to assert stronger control, which explains the angry expressions on the Archons in the last panel.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Or maybe a character has had some development and those dwagons are booped.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelig the Liar View Post
    Or maybe a character has had some development and those dwagons are booped.

overly simplistic, and probably wrong.

A) (Slight metagaming) The loss of the Dwagons means Gobwin Knob is booped(As they are allready outnumbered, such losses in their greates units would be the begining of their end.) The loss of the seige does not nessecerially mean the end of the Coilition as they still have vastly superior numbers, and can still use the tunnels. I'm thinking the path that leads to more conflict in future will be likely

B) Since when has simple "Character develoupment" changed people's speach? As I said in the OP, It reads very much more like wanda than jillian.

Hmm. Can spells be cast on the enemy's turn?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2007-08-29 at 04:10 AM.