New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: The Adventures of Your Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    The explorer stares slightly.

"That's all you can tell us?" He asks, almost incredulously. "Could you at least tell us which direction to follow the beach in, in order to find the pirates?"
    "Oh, sorry - when you hit the beach, turn left."

2. - Top - End - #122

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    "Perhaps a guide would also be in order. Doesn't anybody of you know how to fight well? Or cast any sort of spell, healing or otherwise? Seriously, any help would be welcomed."
    They talk amongst themselves for a while.

"Look, if you wait until morning, we'll see what we can do then?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

((OOC: You know, Ichneumon hasn't posted in awhile. I'm going to post this, and she can change it whenever she posts again.))

I sense something amiss here, make no mistake. And I still do not know the man's name! Rotheld thinks to himself, but he says nothing. Gathering his bearings, the explorer takes one last look around the group. He notices that Altharis seems to have nodded off already, and Ichneumon's head is similarly slumped forward. He turns to the village man again.

"It's up to Lars whether or not he thinks we can afford to wait, though my gut tells me not to. Whether or not we do go now though, could you please take care of our friends? It seems that today's long walk was too much for them." The explorer says, and he glances at Altharis's steed. "And please do what you can for Altharis's walrus - although I think the best thing would be for the two of them to stay together." So saying, Rotheld looks to Lars.

"What do you think, Lars - would you prefer to wait for a guide, or to chance finding your friend now? I will be honest - I do not think her chances grow any better the longer we wait - indeed, the other way around - yet rest might be good for all of us." Rotheld then remembers the zombie, and turns to look down the path. "I will go find Zom - if you two don't follow within a few minutes, we'll come back."

The explorer then heads out into the woods, intending to do exactly that, and before long he comes upon the still Zom.
    Last edited by rockdeworld; 2008-01-14 at 01:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

"I agree with you, waiting will do us no good. I don't need to rest myself, so we can get underway right now."
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Having reached the zombie, Rotheld stops. The silence that shortly spans between them is somewhat awkward for the explorer, whose experience with zombies never extended much further beyond sending them to a second death. Finally, he speaks.

"I can take back the cloak, if you want." The explorer speaks, then stops himself. A few seconds more, and the truth comes to his lips. "You're really something... I've known you a whole day, and you haven't tried to kill, maim, or eat anyone you've met. You're unlike any undead I've ever seen."

Feeling slightly more comfortable now traveling with an intelligent zombie, the explorer asks the question that he had wondered about ever since helping the zombie disguise itself among the villagers.

"Do you have a name?"

6. - Top - End - #126

SwashbucklerGuy

And with that, all who choose to walk off into the darkness, and this thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3789026

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Waking up with a start at Jarlsberg's wet licking, Altharis exclaimed: "Buh? Wah! Alright! I'm awake! You can stop licking me already!" Jarlsberg immediately stopped licking and honked, a flipper pointed at Lars.

"Are we going? Good. I shall come with you. We cannot let such a beautiful being fall into the hands of such foul ruffians."

At that, he stands up and brushes the dust off his robes of office, then moves towards the trail.
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

MrE goes off and follows those heading for the pirate camp.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #129

SwashbucklerGuy

MrE, Altharis (and Jarlsberg), rockdeworld, Mordokai, and I am an undead leave the village.

Ichneumon and Koga try to sleep, as best they can.

10. - Top - End - #130

SwashbucklerGuy

Are you guys going to just sleep, or do something during the night?