New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Breach: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    @Adrik - Knight is fine, but I want to make sure you know that this is more of a 'good guy' type of adventure. Going to the dark side may not be the best situation. There are paladin variants available (those of different alignments, too) in the Unearthed Arcana section of the SRD. Feel freet to check them out. However, no evil.
    No worries there. I meant "evil around him" on more of a global scope than I did the specific people that he associates with. He'd either start out as a LN knight and experience a RP conversion to LG before becoming a paladin or just start out as LG from the outset.
    Hi! My name is Adrik and I'll be your smiter today.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Posting interest, I am going to write up a plain old fighter.
    The sheet link will be up before I go to bed.

If fighter is being strongly contested, I wouldnt mind playing bard or sorc.... I'll keep checking the board.
    time as surrogate religion
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As promised, here is a character sheet for Nathan, the NG fighter. Nothing too fancy, but I'm eager to try rp'ing something without a heckload of fluff and b.s.

http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3081
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@Trulhammaren - Cloak of Affront is a no-go item (it is from Arms and Equipment - a 3.0 source; plus it is a cursed item.)

Where are laminated steel and nilbog armor from?

Flexible Mind is a Dragon Magazine feat, so no.

Some other problems:

Are you sure you have your skills correct?
    First off: (4+3)4+4; +8; +8 = 48 skill points

Swashbuckler:
    Skill Points: 4
    Str: Climb, Jump, Swim.
    Dex: Balance, Escape Artist, Tumble,
    Use Rope.
    Int: Craft.
    Wis: Profession, Sense Motive.
    Cha: Bluff, Diplomacy.

You have selected Intimidate and Sleight of Hand as class skills on Tobias (they aren't). I figure these were your Flexible Mind skills

Second involves some problems with the skill tricks.
    You can't learn more than one skill trick at any given level, and your total skill tricks cannot exceed one-half your character level (rounded up). That means 2. Skill tricks cost 2 skill points.

I realize that you took Freerunner feat, but you are still limited to 3 tricks total. The Freerunner feat only adds +1 to trick limit (and the 2 movement trick pre-req. would mean that only 1 of the 2 free movement tricks gained would be viable).

Finally, you need to add 3 more languages

Neat looking character, though.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Keishara Embermist in A World Bound Together
    Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Bree Yark in Barrowmaze Grp 2
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh. The sheet should be public now. Sorry about that.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Where are laminated steel and nilbog armor from?
    They are from the More Ultimate Equipment book, it says its 3.5 compatible and I don't mind sending my pdf version to you to look over. If no-go its no problem, the equipment was kinda left over from when I made this character originally for something else.

Flexible Mind is a Dragon Magazine feat, so no.
    Ok, you mentioned Crystal Keep elsewhere and I reference that a lot so I don't have to dig through books, and I sometimes don't look a the sources.
    And yes Intimidate and Sleight of Hand where those skills.

Are you sure you have your skills correct?
    First off: (4+3)4+4; +8; +8 = 48 skill points
    The missing 6 points are the skill tricks.

You can't learn more than one skill trick at any given level, and your total skill tricks cannot exceed one-half your character level (rounded up). That means 2. Skill tricks cost 2 skill points.

I realize that you took Freerunner feat, but you are still limited to 3 tricks total. The Freerunner feat only adds +1 to trick limit (and the 2 movement trick pre-req. would mean that only 1 of the 2 free movement tricks gained would be viable).
    ok.....3/2=1.5 rounded up equals 2. Thus giving me the ability to take Freerunner. And I'm looking at Crystal Keep's feat list and it is saying for Freerunner and I quote "Gain 2 extra Movement Skill Tricks that do not count against your maximum." I don't have Complete Scoundrel so I don't know if its an inconsistency with the book or not, but thats what my source says.

Finally, you need to add 3 more languages.
    oops, I overlooked that again.....
    Last edited by Trulhammaren; 2008-02-14 at 02:09 AM.
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

7. - Top - End - #37

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Trulhammaren View Post
    They are from the More Ultimate Equipment book, it says its 3.5 compatible and I don't mind sending my pdf version to you to look over. If no-go its no problem, the equipment was kinda left over from when I made this character originally for something else.
    No on the cloak - too cheesy for the build.

I am open to the laminate; please send the pdf. I would expect some story arc in Tobias' history regarding the acquistion of the cutlass, however.

From what I read about the armor, though...I would rather not have it. It wouldn't fit with the story, and I would doubt that your character would be included with the party on much of the story because of it. (A little spoiler information that wouldn't hurt.)

I don't want it to seem like I am hamstringing your character. I simply want people to be on a similar/level playing field.

Ok, you mentioned Crystal Keep elsewhere and I reference that a lot so I don't have to dig through books, and I sometimes don't look a the sources.
    And yes Intimidate and Sleight of Hand where those skills.
    True I did - but that was in reference to looking up things for books/sources I have in hand. Crystalkeep has mistakes on it and also has 3.0 material on it, too. More on that below*...

If it is essential to your character concept (mostly because it is not too game breaking of a feat), I can live with it. But the problems that will be encountered due to Freerunner may sway against that.

The missing 6 points are the skill tricks.
    Yes, I understood that. It will be helpful to put the skill tricks in the empty blanks so you can denote the payment there. My concern was mostly due to the problem with the Dragon Magazine feat and cross-class skill knowledge SNAFU.

ok.....3/2=1.5 rounded up equals 2. Thus giving me the ability to take Freerunner. And I'm looking at Crystal Keep's feat list and it is saying for Freerunner and I quote "Gain 2 extra Movement Skill Tricks that do not count against your maximum." I don't have Complete Scoundrel so I don't know if its an inconsistency with the book or not, but thats what my source says.
    Yes, that is an inconsistency from Complete Scoundrel. The feat gives you up to 2 movement tricks and raises your trick limit 1. So, your math was correct if the Freerunner gave you 2 free tricks (with no trick limit). Unfortunately, it doesn't say that in the Complete Scoundrel. In addition, the newly released errata for the book says:

Page 77 – Freerunner
    [Addition]
    Add text to clarify, “These skill tricks count toward your overall skill trick limit.”

So, unfortunately, I am correct in that the math should be:
    3/2=1.5 (2 tricks) + 1 for Freerunner = 3 tricks total.
    If you took Freerunner at say 6th level, then you would be able to instantly gain the 2 tricks w/o pay and have 4 tricks total since the trick limit is increased 1.

*This is the reason why I do not trust Crystalkeep and Dragon Magazine entries, for they are not always on the mark with the proper wording of the text. If I had the Mag, then I would go with it. It is just a general rule that I tend to use.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

for your convenience : http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3078

I also added a trait and a flaw.

9. - Top - End - #39

PirateCaptain

@Bender - thank you for doing that - you are a gentleman and a scholar. However, be sure to change the attack value for the javelin, too.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I set up my familiar into a PC sheet of its own attached in the noted section. Darius is mythweavers an isue with you vewing it because coyotecode won't take a transfered 3.5 sheet for me. I can redo everything to that site if necessary however it'll be a huge pain in the {butt}. Anyhoot I minimalized the background info as you said and left a few plot points let me know if you need more .
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Hello!
    I am interested in joining in and am currently in the process of creating a Half-Elf Ranger.

I have some experience in face to face but never with pbp.

My Current Progress on Daven is here:
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=42346

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I shuffled everything over to coyote code.

Here's the new link.

Zim
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Is anything going on with this game? It's been recruiting for like 2 weeks and theres more than enough PC's.... not trying to be pushy, but should I be keeping my hopes up?
    Nathan (Into the Breach)

14. - Top - End - #44

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Is anything going on with this game? It's been recruiting for like 2 weeks and theres more than enough PC's.... not trying to be pushy, but should I be keeping my hopes up?
    Not to be bossy, grego, but I put this in the recruitment thread:

How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

4 more (for a party of 6-8); alternates are an option if we have lots of interest. Recruitment will close on Feb 20 24:00 CST

Last I looked at the calendar, it is Feb.18th (which means 2 more days before kick off).

In addition, Einstein theorized that time is a relative concept, but the recruitment thread for this actually was posted at 10:34 am (Central Standard Time) on 2-13-08. That is actually almost 5 days ago instead of the proported 2 weeks you perceived to have passed. Einstein would have been proud

Good things come to those who wait. The original group has waited even longer than you have (we are talking a month), so be patient, please.

@Dustyme - thank you for converting your character to coyotecode

@Rux - always glad to have newer pbp players on board. Please read some of the guidelines and suggestions listed in the main forum in the Guide to Play by Post section for general rules of thumb.

Since we are on the topic, I will let you in on some of my little ideosyncratic requests:

1) have fun
    2) if you have a question, ask
    3) put your character's name at the top of your post in bold
    4) choose a color for your speaking voice (please choose a color that is muted so my eyes don't start watering but clear enough that shows on this background; same colors for different characters are fine, so don't start calling colors)
    5) when posting your inner thoughts, use italics and your color
    6) when whispering, use a smaller font and your color
    7) loud/shouting, use bold and your color
    8) put your rolls in a spoiler tag in the in character thread (or at the bottom of the post preceded by an ooc: marker

So, a typical post in the in character thread might be...

Borg the Barbarian

Borg scans the horizon, looking for his enemies. Them orcs has ta be near here, he thinks to himself. Borg turns to the elf known as Nawdian who is crouched in the tall grass next to him, "Psst," he whispers, "Ye sees anything?" the barbarian asks quietly.

ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20-1)[7]
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Meh. I'm going to leave on a short trip tomorrow, from which I won't return until Sunday. I'm still in, or at least I hope so. I just can't promise that I'll be able to post before then.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

4) choose a color for your speaking voice (please choose a color that is muted so my eyes don't start watering but clear enough that shows on this background; same colors for different characters are fine, so don't start calling colors)
    Dangit! I wanted this all to myself!!

Or this!!

Can I call this one?

Meh, I guess I'll just have to stick with the blood red.

This would be fun to do but is altog e t h e r w a y t o muc h t rouble.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-18 at 03:07 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

17. - Top - End - #47

PirateCaptain

@ Trulhammaren: I sent a PM to you reminding you to fix your character (if you are still interested, that is) prior to the deadline in 2 days.

@ Maryring: Not a problem, I will NPC your character if need be.

@ All (including GimliFett): If I have a character sheet from you, you should plan on converting it to Coyotecode located at www.coyotecode.net . As mentioned earlier, I will be able to access your character during work, so I can post more than once a day during the week.

I realize that this means the group will be larger than 8, but I have found that groups tend to lose a player to two along the way. Also, I have the tendency to kill a character to two.

That brings me to some of the things I would like to advise everyone on before we kick things off on Thursday:

1) This is a 'choose your path' type of adventure where there will be consequences (both good and/or bad) for each outcome one chooses. I won't necessarily give hints to lead you along by the nose, but at times your choices may be limited.
    2) There will be both roleplay as well as rollplay.
    3) I am famous for awarding additional XP for good roleplay and penalties for bad roleplay. What this means is Borg the 8 INT barbarian solving the complex math riddle using high level math would be an example of bad roleplay. Borg solving the riddle by translating it into simple methods and voicing them to me would be an example of good roleplay.
    4) This will be very challenging, and death will be a daily threat. If you cannot stomach the notion of your character's fictional life being ended, this is not the game for you. However, with the great risk will come great reward. At times that reward will be monitary - other times through reputation - others it may be intrinsic.
    5) On that note, running and surrendering may be options to consider (although surrendering to a troll intent on making you its dinner may not be the best one for you).
    6) As advertised, the group will be on the 'good guy' side of this conflict between Light and Dark. Along those lines, please try not to derail the group's fellowship. Some dissention and differences will be tolerated, but as chosen pawns of the gods, it is my understanding that the deities will only tolerate so much before their ire is raised and their favor is lost.
    7) Most importantly, this is a game - so have fun!
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-18 at 08:41 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dustyme View Post
    This would be fun to do but is altog e t h e r w a y t o muc h t rouble.
    wow, it must have taken you ages to write that...

looking forward a lot to the start of this game in two days

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Also, I have the tendency to kill a player to two.
    Yikes, a good thing you don't have my home address
    Last edited by Bender; 2008-02-18 at 04:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49

I think I'm going to have to withdraw from this. I really wanted to be a part of it but I'm just not into DnD right now. Sorry y'all from DLB.
    I used to do avatars on request, feel free to use them.

20. - Top - End - #50

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post

Yikes, a good thing you don't have my home address
    Whoopsie - funny, Bender. That should say, character.
    These aren't the droids you are looking for ::waves hand::

@Starwoof - sorry to see you go, buddy. Good luck and happy trails until we meet again.

@Rux - I did a quick look at your sheet, and there is a major problem with the stats. A half-elf with 16, 18, 12, 12, 12, and 10 for stats. That is a 40 point build instead of 32.

8 = 0pts
    9 = 1pt
    10 = 2pts
    11 = 3pts
    12 = 4pts
    13 = 5pts
    14 = 6pts
    15 = 8pts
    16 = 10pts
    17 = 13pts
    18 = 16pts

These totals are all before any racial/flaw modifications.

Please fix.

@All - we should do 'okay' without a skillmonkey, but it may be a bit more difficult without a trapfinder/sneaky type. Characters like the scout, spellthief, and others are an option other than rogue (which is still fine).

Also, Trulhammaren has pulled out for RL reasons as well.

Here are the current characters:
    Bender's - Dwarf C1/Bar2
    Margrave's - Halfling Druid3
    Dustyme's - Human Monk1/Sorcerer2
    gregor's - Human Fighter3
    Maryring's - Human Transmuter3
    Rux's - Half-elven Ranger3
    Gimlifett's - Human Marshal3

As you all can see, we are missing the skillmonkey/trapfinder/sneaky type. We have the others and are heavy in fighting types.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Post Re: Into the Breach: OOC

Sorry about that!
    They are now fixed (I think)

I am not sure though on one thing and that is when the Racial modifiers get thrown in. Because if during the distribution then my skills line up as so:

STR 14
    DEX 18
    CON 10
    INT 10
    WIS 12
    CHA 10

But if after then

STR 14
    DEX 20
    CON 8
    INT 10
    WIS 12
    CHA 10

and then somthing doesn't sit right....hmmmm.......

22. - Top - End - #52

PirateCaptain

If your character is a half-elf, there are no racial modifiers. It looks like you are giving him elven modifiers.

EDIT: I wanted to remind EVERYONE to use the coyotecode site, please.
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-19 at 01:33 AM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Whoopsie - funny, Bender. That should say, character.
    These aren't the droids you are looking for ::waves hand::
    You said 'character'? I really thought it was 'player', well, I must have misread.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll put up my character on Coyote and add the backstory when I come back. Sorry, but I don't have the time to do that before I leave.

If you need some backstory to work with, Kirke's the daughter of a Paladin and a Knight, who is out adventuring because she wants to be just as great as her parents.

I'll be back by Sunday, so hopefully things'll go well until then.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

I have transferred my Character to http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3149

I will work on his back story later today. (Oh to try and get some originality with a half-elf ranger. "His parents died" or "He's the heir to a throne." are out of the question.)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

How about I do the skillmonkey since we lost ours. I'll run up another sheet on my 12 hour shift ( ) and post it ASAP. Sholdn't be a huge change but it'll even things out a bit more for the party.

It'll be a new PC and play it instead/

Rogue 2 / Sorcerer 1 (Either Halfling, Human or ½ Elf)
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

27. - Top - End - #57

PirateCaptain

@Dustyme - Thanks for doing that...I guess I will have to kill you last, then

@Rux - you need to apply for Public Permission (it is on the far right side of the character selection page).
    Last edited by Darius; 2008-02-19 at 09:01 PM.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw
    Dirge Darksong
    Justin Tyme

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Always late to the dance, but never before the doors are shut. If there is still space for another player or an alternate (for when the heads start to roll), I would be interested in signing up. I'm currently cut off from my books(a friend is "borrowing" them until friday), but I think I recall enough specifics to participate one session without them.

Depending whether or not the Tome of Battle classes are being allowed, I would either be making a Fighter2/Crusader1 or a Fighter3. Basic character sheet made, will wait to hear back before I flesh out the rest.

http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3156

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

@Dustyme - Thanks for doing that...I guess I will have to kill you last, then
    AHA!!! Bender was right!!!

He is after us!!

Jaxal

Not quite finished just yet but it'll be complete. I'm using the same familiar with appropriate adjustments.

I used the bloodlines from UA (Let me know if it's an issue I'll just take a 2nd rogue lvl).
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-02-19 at 11:17 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

30. - Top - End - #60

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vhaeryl View Post
    Always late to the dance, but never before the doors are shut. If there is still space for another player or an alternate (for when the heads start to roll), I would be interested in signing up. I'm currently cut off from my books(a friend is "borrowing" them until friday), but I think I recall enough specifics to participate one session without them.

Depending whether or not the Tome of Battle classes are being allowed, I would either be making a Fighter2/Crusader1 or a Fighter3. Basic character sheet made, will wait to hear back before I flesh out the rest.

http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3156
    Welcome aboard, Vhaeryl!
    Go nuts with the Tome of Battle (there will be plenty of battles).
    Thanks for putting your character on coyotecode, Vhaeryl.

As a FYI, whatever books you guys use, I use; I figure it is only fair. Just thought I would put that out there.

@Dustyme - bloodlines are fine with me. Thanks for putting Jaxal on coyotecode.

Funny, btw. I can't believe I keep saying such things - and in an election year no less. Sheesh, you'd think I'd learn my lesson.

@All - IC kickoff very soon. Please have characters converted to coyotecode.net format and make sure they are able to be viewed by the public.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Bree Yark in Ages Past
    Jax in Graettin's Wake
    Dweomer
    Grimm Bloodaxe
    Stelios
    Symballine
    Dra'ziw