New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Under the Eastern Sun

Flower-Lee notices the exact same thing about the tracks Hou-Ho noticed: the tracks only run in one direction: from the wastelands to the village, and not the other way around. (Oh, just for clarification, this is about the tracks back on the road. There's none here)

As for the wound, it seems to be about two days old. He seems to have been stabbed with great speed, in an angle facing downwards. You're guessing he was stabbed from horseback.

The guy looks at Flower-Lee as he speaks, but you're not sure he understands what is being said.

"My cart..." he says, pointing in a particular direction in the wastelands, and then he fades. You see no tracks going that way, but judging from the fact the guy is covered in sand, the tracks would probably have been too.
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Hou-Ho

I-I'm sorry! So sorry! Hou-Ho apologises profusely to the man and tries to help him up.

Perhaps we should head back to the river and see if we can find any better tracks. It does not seem like the barbarians passed this way twice.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flower Lee

Flower Lee stops Hou Ho from getting the injured man up.

"Don't, his wounds might tear open further and he may have other injuries, or broken bones. What we need is some sort of stretcher. Perhaps you and Shadow can get some strong bamboo or other plants from the river bank..that is if life dares grow strong enough on the edge of this land..."

In the mean time Flower Lee removes the sand from the man as best he can without hurting him and examines him for other injuries as he does so.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Removing the sand isn't going very well, the wind keeps blowing up new sand on him, and the stuff pretty much sticks to him in the first place. The good news is, he doesn't seem to have any other injuries.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Is anyone planning on posting any time soon?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

(I was kinda waiting on the others to do something to help this poor soul)

Flower Lee

Flower Lee helps the otherwise uninjured man up somewhat, making sure he get's plenty of help from the others to prevent the man from getting injured and tries to take him towards the river. There he'll clean up the man properly and make camp to cook a basic meal for them all...attempting his luck at fishing to get something other then rice.

His fishing is rather basic and consist of using all his patience as a monk and his stick to stand still in the waters shallow regions for a (long) while and quickly whack any fish that comes by with his stick.