New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure in Eberron: The Mines of King Xanatos

Mr. Bones
    *Click-click click scrape click click!* goes Mr. Bones, as he steps forwards, raising the humongous poleaxe and bringing it down mightily at the Rogue, and slamming into the floor with a mighty thud, splintering it much to the dismay of it's owner.

Attack - (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage - (2d6+6)[12]
    Last edited by pingcode20; 2008-03-23 at 03:53 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152

Irmaet the Black
    Irmaet barely has time to move when the battle has already picked up, and quickly yells "Hold it!" at the top of his lungs.

Diplomacy or Lawyer to bring action to a halt with yell - (1d20+22)[37]

He rushes in between the two groups, and before they can react, asks the Kobolds a simple question, waving aside the portly dwarven banker.

"Wait - before you get into attacking us properly, could I just speak with you for a moment? So to overthrow the capitalist oppressors, you are gathering up as much gold as you can? So can we agree that if there's more gold in your hands, then the people will be better off, correct?"

Diplomacy - (1d20+22)[41]

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Mr. Bones blow is deftly dodged by the dashing dragon-kin. It's just a matter of stepping a little too the left as the skeleton raises his halberd, and then watching as he brings it down a few feet off its mark. The black-clad kobold makes a sound that might be giggling, and then bounds off, moving acrobatically under everyone's legs.

The kobold rogue pulls up alongside Vaasth, and stabs at the still-unready swordsman with a small dagger. However, despite having perfectly aimed his blow at Vaasth's xov'yarth, a piece of anatomy not shared by humans, the kobold's dagger is rebuffed by the heavy breastplate Vaasth wears.

Next the lead kobold comes up to the aberrant warrior, using tumbling moves similar to those of the rogue. Taking advantage of his partner's flanking, he makes a hand sign to the kobold across from him, and then strikes at Vaasth with his greatsword. The blow hits, and leaves a bloody gash along Vaasth's side (bloody being the word used, as "ichor" lacks an adjective form). (12 damage)

However, that's not the worst of the kobold swordsman's attack. His blow leaves Vaasth off balance, and the kobold rogue, having received the swordsman's hand sign, is ready for this. He makes enough stab with one of his daggers, this time leaving Vaasth with a xov'yarth full of steel. The effect is brutal; Vaasth can feel lines of pain tracing all over his body, and a trickle of blood flows from his mouth. (24 damage)

The kobold mage watches all this and, clearly not eager to become involved in that kind of melee, makes a few passes with his hand a utters a word of power. He rises into the air, and flies up to the level of the rooftops, watching you all with bemused disattachment.

Irmaet then breaks in, calling for a halt to action. Surprisingly (at least, for those who have never seen a barrister of Sharn in action), everyone seems to comply with his order. All eyes are on Irmaet, and as he begins his offer, the swordsman responds, "Well, I suppose so. But don't go about thinking the defenders of justice and the champions of the people can just be bribed! We are virtuous and honorable, and will..." he goes on like that for a while, and the black-clad kobold whispers to Irmaet, "Speak for himself, I'm pretty sure I can be bribed. Wanna check?" The action stays paused, as the kobolds wait on a response from the lawyer.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Baruk (20)
    Rabina (20)
    Mr. Bones (18)
    Kobold Rogue (14)
    Kobold Warrior (13)
    Kobold Mage (11)
    Irmaet (9)
    Kobold Priest (7)
    Dennet (7)
    Vaasth (6)
    John Grot (4)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-23 at 10:09 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

4. - Top - End - #154

Irmaet the Black
    "No, I would not dream of bribing you. But if you carry the money around with you, to keep it away from the capitalists, won't capitalist adventurers do the same thing you are doing to us, and attack you for the money?" asks Irmaet, surreptitiously producing a platinum coin behind his back and allowing the rogue to see it.

"So then, wouldn't it make sense to put the money somewhere safe, where you can store it away from the thieving hands of adventurers?"

Of course, when the obvious response of a secret hideaway comes up, he quickly puts a stop to such ideas.

"Ah, but what are adventurers most famous for? That's right - finding treasure and stealing it! But, of course, there is one place that no adventurer will attack."

He approaches the center of the fray slowly, and motions to Baruk.

"It just so happens that Mr. Baruk here can arrange a special account, so you can keep the money out of the hands of adventurers, and on top of that he can offer you 5% interest every year on the gold stored in the bank, compounded daily, meaning more money in your hands and out of the bourgeoise adventurers."

Diplomacy - (1d20+22)[34]

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

"You make an interesting proposition, lawyer. However, I have a counter-offer of my own: Father Tuk, get them!" The kobold priest, hearing this, rolls up the sleeves of his suit to cast a spell, but not before Irmaet sees the rogue wink at him with a crocodile-like eyelid.

Father Tuk clears his throat, throws up his hands, and proclaims "The POW-AH of the DAHWK SIX com-peyels you!" A wave of darkness rolls out from his hands, washing over you. You feel as if pure evil is wracking your souls, like a hand clutching your heart (for those of you whose souls aren't already evil, that is...) (Irmaet takes 3 damage; Baruk takes 3 damage; Vaasth takes 3 damage; John takes 6 damage; Thadius takes 6 damage; Rabina is unaffected.)

Thaddius's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Baruk (20)
    Rabina (20)
    Mr. Bones (18)
    Kobold Rogue (14)
    Kobold Warrior (13)
    Kobold Mage (11)
    Irmaet (9)
    Kobold Priest (7)
    Thaddius (7)
    Vaasth (6)
    John Grot (4)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

6. - Top - End - #156

Irmaet the Black
    "Well, I tried." shrugs Irmaet. All things considered, the battle was going well. "The 'Pow-ah of the Dahwk Six compels me? Interesting. 'Father Tuk: Association with an unlawful pantheon.' You may wish to note that I am currently uncompelled."

Irmaet looks back at the swordsman.

"Your offer is quite intriguing... selling your priest? Deal. Mr. Bones! Father Tuk is now the property of the Morgrave Outreach Assocation - please subdue him at the earliest opportunity so we can get his papers filed."

Irmaet flips the platinum piece apparently towards the swordsman, but quite deliberately past the rogue.

7. - Top - End - #157

OOC: Going to go ahead and post next round's action so as to not slow down combat due to work schedule.

Should intervening actions not invalidate such, the following occurs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rabina begins bleeding out torrents of raw mental potence; her mental monologue growing increasingly fragmented. Each of her skull-sockets sprouts an orb of juddering lightning, a deep violet in color, like a berserk will-o-wisp.

::Mine, mine to possess, uncompelled, unshaken, folly, endless FOLLY, BLEEDmine, mine.::

The orbs, in their turn, streak hair-raisingly close to her allies before impacting on each of the Kobolds with perfect accuracy, leaving behind trails of afterimage on the unfortunate retinas of all present.

Manifesting Energy Missile Augmented by 3PP [Total cost 6PP]
    Damage
    (6d6)[12] [Rogue]
    (6d6)[14] [Mage]
    (6d6)[14] [Warrior]
    (6d6)[24] [Priest

Save DC increased by 5; check to overcome power resistance at +2 bonus, if applicable.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So, the kobolds are getting owned?
    Spellcraft to identify Unholy Blight or whatever that spell the priest cast is - (1d20+18)[21]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-24 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Spoiler tags instead of ooc tags
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

John successfully identifies the kobold's spell as unholy blight. He also recognizes the logical reason for why Rabina wasn't affected...

10. - Top - End - #160

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it Irmaet auto-cleared that then? He's got a Spellcraft minimum of 27.

Also, premoving for next round.

Mr. Bones
    Mr. Bones clicks in acknowledgement of Irmaet's fresh orders, and raises his poleaxe and this time tries to smash Father Tuk in the face. He doesn't move, given that the poleaxe has a 10' reach.

Attack - (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage - (2d6+6)[14]

Irmaet the Black
    Suppressing the cringe of the unholy blight, Irmaet decides to just make an example of Father Tuk.

"I suppose I'm just wasting time. Come on, Father Tuk, you're making an embarassment of yourself."

He produces a a banana he picked up earlier at the bar, and makes sure the priest can quite clearly see it. Then he pointedly begins to peel the banana, not in gross motions like normal, but in thin strips.

As he does so, Father Tuk's skin attempts to remove itself in similarly tiny strips and, barring a DC 23 Fortitude save, rendering him helpless and blind for 10 rounds and suffering a -2 penalty to all checks for the next (3d10)[22] minutes.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm also making my move.

Vaasth spills his internal fluid from the hole in his... organs and the look of agony is on his face. "MOTHER F[censored]KER!! THAT HURT, YOU LITTLE BASTARDS!!" He turns his facial expression into anger now. "You don't know what you just did!" He the holds his tentacle arm up to his face, letting the tentacle fall to the ground and it begins to writhe more feverishly. In between his hand and his face crackles entropic and almost imperceivable colors and things not yet named and from this raw entropy shapes a mask. The mask looks as though it were designed by the most insane of Daelkyrkind and is covered in twisted runes and it's mouth covered in pointed and exposed teeth. The whites of his eyes additionally turn black as the night and his pupils begin to shift within his yellow irises as though bubbles rising to the surface of water.
    "See how you little bastards like it!!"
    First he swings his longsword into the warrior kobold in a wide arch and swinging it back around to the rogue, and with the momentum the tentacle whip swings at the warrior kobold again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Losing Punishing Stance to gain Controlled Demon Stance. Str rises by 6, Con rises by 4. HP increases by 20, attacks increase by 3, with +3 to damage as well. AC decreases by 2.
    Sword Attk 1: (1d20+18)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[11] + (1d6)[3] Acid
    Sword Attk 2: (1d30+13)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[12] + (1d6)[6] Acid
    Tentacle Attack: (1d20+18)[30]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[5] and Poison (1d4)[3]Dex damage, Fort DC 18
    Edit: Forgot to include I get 10 temporary hitpoints because of the supernatural rage.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-03-25 at 07:38 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

12. - Top - End - #162

If we haven't completely died, DMented One, could you just NPC Derwood so we can keep moving?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pingcode20 View Post
    If we haven't completely died, DMented One, could you just NPC Derwood so we can keep moving?
    Second. But also filler.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Thadius clasps his hands around a small gem drawn from his pocket, and begins to into mystic formulae. As he does, all of you feel tendrils of magical energy wrapping around you, forming a protective cocoon of mystical energy. (Everyone gains a +3 deflection bonus to AC, which lasts for 10 minutes.)

Vaasth lashes out like a man possessed, all three of his attacks hitting. The warrior's armor bubbles as the acid from Vaasth's sword burns through it and scalds the scales of the kobold beneath, and the kobold rogues wails as it corrodes his flesh. Vaasth's tentacles successfully slips into the warrior's armor and jabs into his flesh, but he seems unaffected by its poison.

John's Turn

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Baruk (20)
    Rabina (20)
    Mr. Bones (18)
    Kobold Rogue (14)
    Kobold Warrior (13)
    Kobold Mage (11)
    Irmaet (9)
    Kobold Priest (7)
    Thaddius (7)
    Vaasth (6)
    John Grot (4)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-28 at 09:08 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

John Grot

John grimaces at the touch of the Unholy Blight. Guess being such a selfish bastard comes in handy sometimes. Easing back away from the kobolds, he makes an open palm, curls up him fingers, and murmurs in Draconic "Imbue with new attribute: enhance vitality of wearer." As he mutters, some kind of energy crackles between his fingertips, and her taps his palm to his holy symbol. The difference is noticeable immediately, even though it only consists of his palor seeming like he doesn't get enough sun rather than that he's dying of some disease that strips color from his skin. As an afterthought, he takes a translucent silvery sphere out of one of his pockets. Normally he'd taunt the kobolds, but he seems to want to do something with that sphere before he starts the taunting.

Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]Free action: five-foot step(no real movement this round so it's allowed) off the bottom edge of the map so he's out of the kobolds' threatened areas.
    Standard action: use Bear's Endurance infusion on his wooden holy symbol.
    Move action: take out Psychoactive Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor for use next round.[/ooc]
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    John can't take a step back; the taven wall is right behind him. Would you like to change your actions for the round, or just carry one without the 5 ft. step?
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-03-28 at 10:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

John Grot
    Due to the tavern wall behind him, John just does his best to not get taken out by opportunistic kobolds while he's "casting" his "spell" rather than actually getting out of the way like he'd prefer to. He also puts his crossbow on his belt after twirling the dial back to where it is unloaded rather than taking out the sphere.
    Spoiler
    Show
    [ooc]He's using that Bear's Endurance defensively then.[/ooc]
    Concentration - (1d20+11)[22] That's a 22 if this edit eats the roll.
    Can he equip a psychoactive skin without having it in hand and just have it ooze out of his pocket instead of over his arm? It's a standard(mental) action anyway, of course, but this way it'll free him up to take out his morningstar.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-03-28 at 10:30 PM. Reason: putting crossbow back

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    The psychoactive skin is fine.

Baruk's Turn.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Baruk (20)
    Rabina (20)
    Mr. Bones (18)
    Kobold Rogue (14)
    Kobold Warrior (13)
    Kobold Mage (11)
    Irmaet (9)
    Kobold Priest (7)
    Thaddius (7)
    Vaasth (6)
    John Grot (4)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Baruk d'Kundarak

Baruk decides he has been civil quite long enough, and he steps to place the kobolds' apparent leader in between him and Thaddius. Not that the artificer was likely to try to hit the kobold in the back, but the kobold didn't know that, and it wasn't much fun to have a mage behind you, either. The point of his hammer swings low at the kobold's leg, trying to bring him off balance, and Baruk rapidly brings the hammer back for a second blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step to the left for flanking. Attacking the warrior kobold, same as before, but without nonlethal damage and with flanking; Baruk gives himself +1 to saves this round. First attack: (1d20+16)[33], damage (1d12+20)[29]
    Second attack: (1d20+11)[26], damage (1d12+20)[26]
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry- there was a misunderstanding on my part! Woops!

Thaddius d'Cannith

With his back against the wall, Thaddius draws a short wand of spun copper and silver with a fire opals set evenly along the length from his quiver and takes aim at one of the Kobolds. Furrowing his brow for a moment, he mutters a selected number of phrases

Spoiler
    Show

Quick Draw Wand of Magic Missle [7th] (Caster Level +2 for Wand Mastery = 9th level, 5 missles)
    UMD roll: (d20+19)[32] (+17 UMD, +2 for using a device I know how to craft)
    Damage: (5d4+5)[18]
    Be kind... click on my dragons!