New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Default Interesting Necromancer Variants

A long, long time ago, in a living room far, far away from wherever it is you are, in one of my many many many many sojourns into cyberspace, I came across a forum wherein someone had posted several unique and entertaining variants and PRCs of the Necromancer, Dread or otherwise. I found them to be intriguing, especially one which can best be described as a keeper of undead bees which made immortality-granting honey out of blood.

However, I have long since forgotten where exactly they were located, and any attempts to find them again has been fruitless for a very long time. And so I turn to you proud forumites and plead for assistance. Have any of you encountered this same discussion thread, and if so, can you direct me toward it?

Conversely, if anyone can find other interesting variants of necromancers, please share them as well, as my thirst for knowledge of the necromantic is unquenchable.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Interesting Necromancer Variants

Quote Originally Posted by Revanmal View Post
    A long, long time ago, in a living room far, far away from wherever it is you are, in one of my many many many many sojourns into cyberspace, I came across a forum wherein someone had posted several unique and entertaining variants and PRCs of the Necromancer, Dread or otherwise. I found them to be intriguing, especially one which can best be described as a keeper of undead bees which made immortality-granting honey out of blood.

However, I have long since forgotten where exactly they were located, and any attempts to find them again has been fruitless for a very long time. And so I turn to you proud forumites and plead for assistance. Have any of you encountered this same discussion thread, and if so, can you direct me toward it?

Conversely, if anyone can find other interesting variants of necromancers, please share them as well, as my thirst for knowledge of the necromantic is
    unquenchable.

K's tome of necromany, hailed as the best thing to happen to Undead since..... ever. Can't find a link right now, but Google helps.

EDIT: And here it is, hiding my rug.
    Last edited by Copacetic; 2008-11-08 at 09:10 PM.
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Was it this?

That's from the guys who also did the Necromancy guide.

Also, try to find the corpsecrafter project here. I forget who that was buy, but it was a set of awesome feats for necromancers.

EDIT: <<Humorous comment concerning ninjas.>>
    Last edited by streakster; 2008-11-08 at 09:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Ya know, Strife, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but streakster made one of the the best analogies of all time. Of all time.
    The perfect fighter fix.
    Hey, the magnificent Shades of gray made me the cool paladin! Give him a hand!
    From time to time, I vanish from the boards. Like Frosty, though, I'll be back again some day!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed it is what I was looking for. S'ankyoo. *gives streakster and Frigs cookies*

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Indeed it is what I was looking for. S'ankyoo. *gives streakster and Frigs cookies*
    I.... I has a cookie.

Cool!

*nom*
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Conversely, if anyone can find other interesting variants of necromancers, please share them as well, as my thirst for knowledge of the necromantic is unquenchable.
    Here, have some shameless self-promotion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

In hopes of more cookies, I offer the Ultimate Corpsecrafting that I mentioned above. If allowed, its just amazingly fun and well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    Ya know, Strife, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but streakster made one of the the best analogies of all time. Of all time.
    The perfect fighter fix.
    Hey, the magnificent Shades of gray made me the cool paladin! Give him a hand!
    From time to time, I vanish from the boards. Like Frosty, though, I'll be back again some day!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

I'm gonna need to bake more at this rate. Much much thanks for all this info. Such helpful little people you are.

*hands over another cookie to streakster and one to SurlySeraph*