New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Our memory is still in mind...

Day : 24th september 1500 after the SunWar. Outside, this is the King's Week. There are so much people in the street. The festivities of the week of the king are under way for over 4 days. Moonrise is a square of 2 kilometers by 2 kilometers and is under the autority of Harton the King.

You're in the tavern of the ''last way''. You're here for 1 week, resting, drinking, eating and doing all the stuff a normal adevnturing party do. Your last quest, investigate on the murder of the minister of justice solved by a success. You find the murderer and put him in jail.

Harton award you by the investigator medal, a silver medal shape like a crown. This is another success for the Shadow Company. Your reputation increase well and the people often say ''hello'' or ''thank you'' to you in the street. Many girls have approched the boys. Your well known in the community of Moonrise.

Your group woke up in the morning. All of you are sitting at the table. A messenger enter in the tavern and go to the bar and give a box to the innkeeper.

The innkeeper shout : Who'z... Almaz Raellenn...

Almaz : It's me...

Innkeeper : I have something for you...

Almaz : OK

Almaz stand up and walk to the bar. He take the letter and open it.

Dear Almaz,

It's me... maybe i need to write it was me... if you read that i'm dead. Who am I... you will probably say. Your uncle, Remediaz Rallen. I am the twin of your brother. You don't know me... but me i saw you when you were little.

I want you to know that i let my work about the...

Remediaz

The rest of the letter is unreadable. Maybe blood, or tomato saucage. But that letter contain the mark of the Almaz, a white eagle. With the letter there is a little bag with a ring, a chain and a map.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Our memory is still in mind...

"Almaz Whats you got over there?" Janis ask as he spills some beer on to his robes."Sod it"
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sven stopped drinking his "morning hale" to look at Almaz. The barbarian wiped the froth from his mouth and spoke.
    "-What's this ? Good news, I hope. I'm not moving from here before another two or three days !! Still gold to spend and I found this little cuttie last night near the docks... Mew, 'tell you latter. So, what's all about ?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Nesil sits in the corner sipping on a little mug.
    "Hope It's something we can take action to. It's boring here." Nesil comments looking on the barbarian well on the way to "stoned" "And I'm not the type to get myself wasted for three days in an inn."
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sven snored.
    "-Wadaya mean, wasted ? I wasn't even close to it, just a bit dizzy. And what's boring here ? I though you liked the cities, Nesil."
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-02 at 06:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Boring is, sitting around drinking stuff." Nesil answers "I'd much rather do something"
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-01-02 at 06:29 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"-You don't know what's quality time !!"
    He sipped the rest of the mug.
    "-So, What is it ? Da King lost another minister or what ?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Whatever" Nesil says going back to sipping his ale.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-01-02 at 06:44 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

While his friends were inquiring about the letter and getting in a small argument, like usual. He was in a bit of a shock, he certainly didn't remember such an individual. He fiddled around with the items, having a look at them.

It then suddenly dawned on him his friends were waiting for an answer. His brain took a few seconds to formulate an answer:

"Errr.. Apparently, according to this letter... Some uncle I never knew I had died.... This is rather disturbing..."

He plunged into deep thought again. There was of course the chance of some scam or joke, but he needed to check it out, just to be sure. He opened the little bag, to check its contents.
    "I'd say I need an air to surface missile, but no one should need an air to surface missile. That should be firmly under wants and desires." Gordon Freeman

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

All the farmers, soldiers and others peoples in the inn look at you. The subject of their discussion change suddenly for the men with the bag.

At your table Sven and Nesil were just trying to conserve when Almaz take a risk a take in his hand into the bag. You retrieve your hand with a ring with a diamond on the top, a map of the Kingdom of Berethar and a silver chain with the Rallen's mark.

At the same moment, a guy stand up of it chair, he seems to have drunk many beers, and walk in front of Almaz.

-Hey you, he just said un a voice desesperatly, that's me.... Almaz... please give me my bag.

So he put his hand on the bag and try to pull it off the hand of Almaz...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alamz swiftly pulled the bag backwards, keeping eyes on the drunk.

"And you would be ?..."

He did an eye signal at his friends, sort of asking for help in case things got hairy.
    "I'd say I need an air to surface missile, but no one should need an air to surface missile. That should be firmly under wants and desires." Gordon Freeman

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

The men just try to put his hand in the bag, but miss it by one feet. He fell on the floor, and by honor just stand up in one second. He fart in your face and insult you. He return to his place with a stance of king.

The principal subject of the discuss have change now. From the letter to the guy who try to steal the letter.

Almaz return to his seat and put on the table from the bag : a diamond on a gold ring, a silver chain with an eagle, the Rallen's mark, a map of the kingdom of Berethar and the letter form his uncle. Also there is a little chest in the bag.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Spoiler
    Show
    Early morning bar fight nearly avoided

Sven nodded discretely at Almaz as the drunk man approached. As usual, he was ready to play "dumb and tough" if needed. When the man felt on the ground, the barbarian couldn't hide a smile.

As things were back to normal, he turned to Almaz and saw the ring.
    "-Hey... Maybe you don't know that dead uncle but I bet you already like him !! That's a bit expansive for a prank, no ? Is that all the letter say ?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Almaz speaks in dark blue)

"You have a point. If it is a prank, that is the most expensive prank I have ever seen."

Yeah, diamond ring and silver chain, at least if it was all bogus, he could always sell the stuff.

"Well the rest of the letter is somewhat stained. (he shows the blood traces.) Comes also with a map and..."

He starts thinking that it may be a good idea to move. Things could get ugly quickly if some other drunk came to them.

"You know what guys, lets go have a walk. I need fresh air."
    Last edited by Midboss; 2009-01-02 at 12:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Otho

Otho, who has been busy feeding table scraps to Max, looks up. Unsure of the social situation, he trusts Alamz to handle himself and to call for help if he needs it. Still, the stranger seems to be behaving oddly. Otho looks around and tries to understand.

"You know what guys, lets go have a walk. I need fresh air."
    Otho shrugs and clambers on the back of Max. "Can I see the map?"
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2009-01-02 at 12:21 PM.
    Business Trip 6/7 - 6/18. I'll try to keep up.
    Gwydr

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

-------------------
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-01-02 at 12:36 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

After Alamz and Sven discuss about the jewelry the bag contain, 4 guys with club or wood piece approach the table with some ugly face. They were 4 thugs walking slowly but with solid conviction. The first who was close to Almaz just swing his club on the head of Almaz and hit him solidly to knock him on the table. The second just pass his head.

(almaz the club deal you 9 damage)

Initiative order : Sven 20, Janis 19, Nesil 11, Thugs 9, Almaz 9, Otho 4

The chief thug say : Give me your bag and i will let you live. Desobey to Karl the chief and you will die.

The three others just laugh of the situation.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

I cast charm person at the thug closest to me "hey now, you wouldn't let your 'buddy' here get away with that kind of jerkorffing would you"
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2009-01-02 at 01:09 PM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sven stood up, taking a deep breath as he gave a quick glance at the four thugs, then to Nesil. The "little" rogue had always been able to trick death with his magic but, just in case it didn't work, the barbarian was ready to act, thrusting his chest and tensing his muscles to look more intimidating.

Already, a nearby chair had catch his attention. If things got ugly...

Spoiler
    Show

If the charm doesn't work, I grab a nearby chair and use it as an improvised weapon. We don't want to use a axe in our inn, don't we ?
    See the roll thread for eventual rolls.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Sven just make a little step closer to the thug close to him. He take his chair and swing it violently at the face of the thug. The chair just knock him down on the floor, in a blood river. The chief thug, under effect of the spell of Nesil :

-Sorry my old friend Nesil, I haven't recognize you, please accept my apologize for attacking you and your friends. We are sorry Almaz, have a nice day. For the trouble take that... i'm very sorry.

The two others thugs just run when they saw their friend felt on the ground with the nose broken and blood rushing out of it. The chief put a bag on the table containing 3 gold piece, all he have and leave without any trouble.

Innkeeper : Thank you very much. Those guy made trouble in my inn for a few weeks. Thanks a lot. For the guy on the flood, it's my trouble. I will put him at the door like a drunken guy that fell on the corner of a table. he say with a little twinkle.

The innkeeper give you a full barrel of beer and don't blame you for the chair that Sven broke. He take the thug ''sleeping(as he say...)'' on the floor and throw it outside the inn.

Some people yell at you : Houray for the Shadow Company.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show

Wow. My highest hope was one fo the thughs attacking another thug not that everyone would take a walk. Oh well

"There, that settles that" Then he looks at Almaz and walks to him helping him back up "What's in the bag?"
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

22. - Top - End - #22

Otho

Edit: You guys are too quick.

Otho snarls like a cornered opossum and ducks under the table. There he fumbles around, muttering. As an after-though, he shouts, (gnomish) "Max! Tsukumen tsu!"

Spoiler
    Show

5' step NW
    Move Action: Ready shield
    Standard Action: Cast Bull's Strength on Alamz (hopefully unnoticed in the melee)
    Free Action: Handle Animal (companion), telling Max to Come.

Rolls in OOC thread

"They seem to know more about all this than we do; Can we ask them some questions?"
    Last edited by Maurkov; 2009-01-02 at 01:49 PM.
    Gwydr

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"-I love my job..."
    Sven tapped the barrel, a large smile on his face. He then answered to Otho.
    "-They're just a bunch of sissies who think they are lions !! They saw gold and that's what they were after. But if you insist, I'm ready to *chat* with them again. Let me first take my axe upstairs..."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alamz had his face on the table, the strike having hit him quite hard.

"Errrr.... what just happened now ? My head hurts..."

Almaz painfully got up, moving his head around to avoid a stiff neck. In this period his brain registered what had happened and the current situation. He put his coat on and picked up his gear, including the bag.

"I think I might wanna stop at some potion place or something. That bastard really hurt."

He whispered to his friends:

"I think it's best we discuss this somewhere a little less crowded."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I agree" Nesil says and takes the stairs up. Assuming others follow suite and go with him to their room he says "I'm going to check this place for scrying, detect any magic here" Nesil says "It's technically illegal, but hey, Any method of finding it out would be illegal too so, there" Nesil .says as he starts chanting and waving his arms
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

26. - Top - End - #26

Otho

"Almaz, I believe I can mend your head, once we are outside."
    Gwydr

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"I have the ability too as I carry a wand"
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

"-Otho'll do it.
    Your wand has limits. Otho, he has plenty of magic where it comes from.
    Haven't you, Otho ?!"

Saying that, Sven gave a friendly slam in the back of Otho before following Nesil to the rooms.

Spoiler
    Show

Unless we had already packed our stuff to leave, most of it should be in the rooms. I'm not relaxing in a inn with around 70+ pounds of equipment on my back. Sven is strong but he'll not wear an armor unless necessary.

+ the room is a lot more private than the street. It's morning and, as we are unemployed and wealthy, I don't think we woke up with the chicken. So the city's streets are probably crowded.
    Last edited by Johel; 2009-01-02 at 05:20 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"sorry about that sir" Janis says as he cleans up some of the things they spilled. "sorry to here about your uncle "He mutters to Almaz as he walks with the others.
    Last edited by Demons_eye; 2009-01-02 at 05:39 PM.
    ~Sweet avatar by Miss Nobody~

Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    You killed it, its dead, it exploded, Good Job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logalmier View Post
    "I need a latter! Quick, find a psion so he can make one with his mind!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

So the fight was short and sweet... like the innkeeper love them. The entire group go to their room and take their stuff. When the moment come to leave the inn and pay your room, the innkeeper just make it free for the Shadow Company. A gift of circunstance.

Going outside, Janis just notice that he know something about the uncle of Almaz. Remediaz was a guy who had a jewelry shop localized on the merchant street. It's close from where you are.

For the hit :

Almaz you had a big ''puck'' on the right side of your head.