New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Gotei 13 In the Playground

The corridors of Seireitei are abuzz as 8th Division Shinigami rush from place to place. This had less to do with any urgent need and owed far more to their Captain's residual guilt at being caught unawares. Seated and unseated guards were soon posted at every conceivable entrance, exit, sewer grate and mysterious portal. The Captain himself was currently dashing headlong from one end of the compound to another, shouting orders and berating anyone who took the time to blink while on guard.

"Are all the main entrances watched? What about this one? Good, good..."

"Uh sir, not meaning any disrespect, but does the situation seriously call for this? Noone else seems very concerned about an attack. Look, there's a duel being fought right over there."

"Which just means that we need to be doubly vigilant to cover for the clowns who are busy watching it. At any second the Arrancar could infiltrate the court in the confusion of the moment!"

"What confusion?"

"...Dismissed, 5th seat."

Captain Kiljaeran turned back to his duties. Perhaps the activity really was restricted to the world of the living, but he wasn't about to take that chance. Besides, he'd never be able to relax now, so there was no point in letting anyone else get any shuteye.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-05-29 at 06:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, Daisuke's voice echoes throughout Seretei, carried by a kido.

Can all Captains please come to the 1st division quarters for a Captains' meeting. Repeat, all Captains come to the 1st division quarters for a Captains' meeting. Captain Satoshi's presence is especially requested, as the subject is the incursion to the World of the Living by the Espada.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

Can all Captains please come to the 1st division quarters for a Captains' meeting. Repeat, all Captains come to the 1st division quarters for a Captains' meeting. Captain Satoshi's presence is especially requested, as the subject is the incursion to the World of the Living by the Espada.
    Shirubaru slowly climbs out of his bed, stretches, and shunpo's to the Commander-General's side.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

{OOC: I'm still covering the 2nd and 5th squads' retreat in the Espada thread}
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-05-29 at 07:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Daisuke has methods.

C'mon, it's just his style to confuse everyone}}

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post

Captain Kiljaeran pauses in the act of berating a random underling and departs for the 1st Division at his maximum shunpo speed. In his haste he arrives well ahead of time, taking his position in the hall anyway.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Siegfried glances up at the message, then turns back to his patrol.

It stood to reason that if the 2nd division had to leave, then their patrols would have to be picked up; still, what a pain in the arse.

Siegfried sighs, and continues crutching along.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

The message bellowed by the Commander General barely fazes Nukari, only disrupting his sleep for a few moments. His snores are oddly howl-like, as he lays on, of all places, a roof. A few passing shinigami hardly give him any mind, this isn't unusual for the vice-captain.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

In a blur, a tired and bruised Captain Satoshi appeared in the Captains' meeting chamber in 1st Division.

'I just hope Sigmund can help me regrow those teeth...'
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Toshiko walks through the gate and back into Goeti. He tsks at himself for coming so inappropriately dressed, but it seemed like it couldnt be helped,

He'll shunpo over to his house to get a shirt.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

In a blur, a tired and bruised Captain Satoshi appeared in the Captains' meeting chamber in 1st Division.

One of the figures already waiting in the room gives Captain Satoshi a slight bow.

"Ah, this is indeed a relief. An encounter such as that which you've just endured is never pleasant, but I'm glad to see you came out of it mostly intact. You have new intelligence to share with us, I trust?"

In truth, it really was gratifying to see that the 2nd Division Captain was alive and well. He was one of the few people in the Gotei 13 with whom Captain Kiljaeran could find no fault.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2009-05-29 at 03:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Indeed. I'll give my report once everyone's here. My mouth hurts enough I don't want to repeat myself."

Satoshi looks tired more than anything. Well, probably tired and sore.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #253
    Bugbear in the Playground

Having already set things in motion for the recovery of the unseated injured by the time the call arrives, Sigmund gathers a few items and shunpos to the meeting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

14. - Top - End - #254

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    The beads do indeed fly true, as the weakened barrier shatters, cutting deep into Vince's arm, however the energies should have made this significantly heavier, and the blow ends up being non fatal, and non fight ending, but still severe.
    Vince however, is smirking like a mad man, and begins to cackle.
    "You know. That was close. I can't afford to allow this to go on any longer. It's time I preformed to my fullest."
    With that he stopped playing entirely, and his reitsu begin to flare violently, as he screamed.
    "Fire rains from the heavens, Holy Judgment now lost, Punish the wicked. GOD HAMMER! BAN-KAI!"
    As the reitsu flares at it's height wings of fire sprout from Vince's back, and his guitar turns into a steel guitar wreathed in the same flame that covered his body, and he began the opening riff to this. Sphere's of fire beginning to orbit around him at a fevered pace, growing larger as he continued to play.
    ((Okay, I just wanted to say that even before I clicked that link I knew it was going to be dragonforce, Through The Fire And Flames. =P))

Lian drops to one knee, her expression breaking for the first time. The fourth spirit is powerful, but comes at a cost. Namely, it takes time for the beads to return after firing. Until then, she has no weapon. She stands weakly and focuses her reitsu. She puts all her effort into overcoming the effect of his earlier attack. She clenches her fists and charges straight for him. She dives straight through the flames, blithely ignoring the scorching heat and burns. She winds her fist back and swings for his face with all her might. Either it is will be an epic win, or a total defeat for her. Either way, she is banking on him focusing too much on his Bankai to block her attack. The added shock of having your opponent rush straight into your FLAMING BALLS OF FIERY DOOM!!! to attack with nothing but her bare fists might help too.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Mejiri arrives soon afterwards (his shunpo being slower than Satoshi's), adjusting his lieutenant's badge and glancing around awkwardly at the assembled captains.
    "Acting captain Kishihaiiro Mejiri reporting, Sotaichou-sama."

{OOC: Don't worry, I'm sure he can give you some kind of powder for them. }
    Last edited by Prime32; 2009-05-29 at 12:27 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin watches the shinigami of various levels of abuse start working their way back into the soul society. There is a short break, but just before the gate closes, a familiar figure steps through. He starts to shunpo away, but is rudely interrupted by his captain catching a hold on his arm.

Excuse me, Yogushi Toshiko, I wasn't aware that your captain had given you permission to go along with the second squad to the world of the living. He raises his eyebrow semi-menacingly. After a moment of staring at his vice-captain like that, he laughs and quickly returns to his standard smile, patting Toshio on the back. Just messing with you. Actually, it probably wasn't a good idea for you to do that, but you better head over to the fourth division before you do anything else. Oh, and here's a spare shirt. Koujin pulls a fresh uniform shirt out from behind his back and hands it to his vice-captain. I'd better be off, Commander-General called to all the captains for a meeting, but I expect a standard report when I return, as well as the whole story. He smiles in a slightly more serious manner. Got it? After an affirmative response, he shunpos toward the Captain's meeting room.

Arriving in Squad One headquarters, Koujin sees that there are four other Captains and one vice-captain there already. He nods to each one individually before assuming his position as the Sixth captain. Is there anything that can be said about what happened earlier today now? Or is this something to be kept for the meeting?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Toshiko mutters a yes sir. He'll gratefully save the shirt for later. Although he hoped the captain wasn't too mad. He smiled anyway, ah well, at least he had a bit of enjoyment while it lasted. He'll shunpo over to the fourth division to get some cream to staunch the wound.

This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

18. - Top - End - #258

{OOC: Don't worry, I'm sure he can give you some kind of powder for them. }[/QUOTE]

{So that's my rep now huh? Doctor Malpractice?}

"Are any of the assembled officers in need of immediate attention before this meeting is underway?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    ((Okay, I just wanted to say that even before I clicked that link I knew it was going to be dragonforce, Through The Fire And Flames. =P))

Lian drops to one knee, her expression breaking for the first time. The fourth spirit is powerful, but comes at a cost. Namely, it takes time for the beads to return after firing. Until then, she has no weapon. She stands weakly and focuses her reitsu. She puts all her effort into overcoming the effect of his earlier attack. She clenches her fists and charges straight for him. She dives straight through the flames, blithely ignoring the scorching heat and burns. She winds her fist back and swings for his face with all her might. Either it is will be an epic win, or a total defeat for her. Either way, she is banking on him focusing too much on his Bankai to block her attack. The added shock of having your opponent rush straight into your FLAMING BALLS OF FIERY DOOM!!! to attack with nothing but her bare fists might help too.
    (FALCON PUNCH)

Well, Vince was certainly expecting a attack, maybe even one that would've broken his defenses after the last pin point pressure explosion slash, but certainly not one that would charge through the solid masses of deadly fire, and even more so after the 3 previous attacks from the storm hammer. However, when Lians fist impacts Vince's face.. She feels something crack in her hand, and feels something shear away to reveal a blood covered cheek on a once un marred face, before it shortly is immolated in fire with the rest of his body.
    "So, now you see. My Zanpaktou is a primarily defensive, and de buffing one, allowing me to turtle while wearing you down... Or at least thats my Shikai. When I reach bankai, my skin begins to be covered in a chitinous armor that deflects most attacks for at least one shot, allowing me to get straight into the mix with my bladed steel guitar. You did well cutting through it, and the impact still shredded that entire side of my face, but now it's time to REALLY end this fight. Eclipse, God Hammer., and with that the music took a entirely different note, and the entire bubble went into what equated to a mini super nova, all of the balls of fire colascing into a massive fiery bubble around him, the interior of the bubble becoming entirely black, the heat building to a massive climax as Vince brings his hand up to give Lian a hard push in her continued direction, towards the other side of the bubble.

((Also, when I made the armor/on fire idea I had this picture keenly in mind.
    Spoiler
    Show

And now back to your scheduled programming!)))
    Last edited by Fan; 2009-05-29 at 01:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yen sits peacefully in one of the medical bays in the 4th division headquarters sighing softly, Horo-Sha appearing nex to him

"You lost Ye-Kun"

Yen nods, his throat dry and his head like cotton

"Maybe you should lean on me more? Instead of your Division?"

Yen flicks the spirit off, smirking wide

"Always with the attitude.....brat....next time maybe you'll die and someone else can claim me?

Yen heaves a sigh, wincing and holding out his hand, Horo-Sha taking it and gripping it firmly

"Atta boy....get better.....your going to go through ten times worse then your little division"
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Toshiko easily gets the cream, and puts some on. He then puts on the shirt from the captain. He'll see Yen in one of the bays, and grimace slightly.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It appears as though neither I nor the Eighth Division Captain is in need of any medical attention." He glances over at Satoshi. Though the Second Squad Captain may be in need of your ministrations. He chuckles slightly. How soon can we expect this meeting to start? Or rather, when will Shirubaru get here?

23. - Top - End - #263

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    "It appears as though neither I nor the Eighth Division Captain is in need of any medical attention." He glances over at Satoshi. Though the Second Squad Captain may be in need of your ministrations. He chuckles slightly. How soon can we expect this meeting to start? Or rather, when will Shirubaru get here?
    {{Um, already here.}}

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Shirubaru slowly climbs out of his bed, stretches, and shunpo's to the Commander-General's side.
    I'm right here. How the hell did you miss me? says Shirubaru, tapping Koujin on the shoulder.

Any idea what this meeting's about, anyway? Daisuke sounded serious.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-29 at 01:47 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

((gah! totally missed that...*edits*))

Oh, sorry about that. Must have had my head stuck in my report a little still. He pauses and looks curiously at Shirubaru ..but then again... Koujin's expression changes slightly to an intent gaze at the Eleventh Squad's captain. Are you -sure- you're here? Not in a sake jug somewhere? He gives a wry smile, then returns to his 'waiting pose', smile still there. All I can assume is that it has something to do with the event earlier today. Anyone want to shed a little light on that subject?
    Last edited by MageSparrowhawk; 2009-05-29 at 01:56 PM. Reason: misspelling..again >.<

25. - Top - End - #265

Zombie

Shirubaru grins. Hear about my alcoholic misdemeanours, didja? I can't actually remember much, but I woke up this morning with a hole in my wall and I think I've pissed off 4th Division even more, right?

Oh well. I hope I didn't get up to anything too bad last night. A worried look crosses his face. This meeting... I didn't do anything bad enough to actually warrant a meeting of all the Captains, did I? Not again?
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-29 at 02:00 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

The 8th Division Captain raised an eyebrow at his counterpart from the 11th.

"You haven't heard? There was a protracted brawl against several full-fledged Espada in the world of the living. I'm surprised that you weren't there yourself, actually..."

"He didn't know, did he? Oh, this should be priceless..."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Yen sits peacefully in one of the medical bays in the 4th division headquarters sighing softly, Horo-Sha appearing nex to him

"You lost Ye-Kun"

Yen nods, his throat dry and his head like cotton

"Maybe you should lean on me more? Instead of your Division?"

Yen flicks the spirit off, smirking wide

"Always with the attitude.....brat....next time maybe you'll die and someone else can claim me?

Yen heaves a sigh, wincing and holding out his hand, Horo-Sha taking it and gripping it firmly

"Atta boy....get better.....your going to go through ten times worse then your little division"
    step...thump...step...thump.

The Second Division Lieutenant easily detects Siegfried before he enters.

"Hey, Yen-san. Heard you got back, and thought you might want some of Captain Satoshi's get-well sake."

*hefts bottle from the backpack he's taken to carrying*

"Up for a game of chess?"
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Sigmund takes a closer look at the captain of the 2nd, "Captain Tsukami, it would appear that you bit off a little more than you could chew during whatever happened. If you'd like, I could see about mending those teeth if you have them with you."

(Edit:) "You did WHAT to your wall Captai-" Upon hearing the brief update, "Espada? I'll have to station one of my seated officers at the gate from now on if such news doesn't get to me until after the fact."
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2009-05-29 at 02:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    The 8th Division Captain raised an eyebrow at his counterpart from the 11th.

"You haven't heard? There was a protracted brawl against several full-fledged Espada in the world of the living. I'm surprised that you weren't there yourself, actually..."

"He didn't know, did he? Oh, this should be priceless..."
    The grin remains on Shirubaru's face, but it is now rather fixed and brittle.

What.

There is a pause.

What?

The grin flakes away, leaving Shirubaru looking like a child in a tantrum.

Some Espada? In the world of the living? A protracted brawl???? Why wasn't I told? Protracted brawls are what I do best! And against Espada? I've been itching to see how powerful those bastards are! The first decent fight in - argh! - and I - This is!

Shirubaru's shoulders slump. If this happens again, freaking tell me, alright? I don't care if I'm drunk, or asleep, hell I can be blind and crippled, just give me a heads-up, y'know? Fighting is kind of my thing.
    Last edited by H. Zee; 2009-05-29 at 02:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koujin pats his fellow captain on the shoulder. Don't worry, you'll get your turn soon enough...probably too soon for anyone else's liking. He thinks for a minute. "Say, how about after this meeting, you and me spar a little. That'll be fun, right?"

Why are you getting us into this? Because both he and I missed that fight, and we could both use it.
    The spirit thinks for a moment. Well alright, but only because I could use a workout too...and that snake of his needs to have its bell rung Koujin laughs in his head at his zanpaktou's antics.