New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ashtoreth vs Kuro (epic)

OOC: Yay! Critical Hit!
    touchconfirm - (1d20+17)[2](19)

EDIT: Crap.
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2009-06-04 at 11:17 AM.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The first attack wasn't a natural 20, but still 67 in total ... does it miss?
    BTW, touch attack. I'm still holding that charge of Greater Harm since it didn't get expended.
    (natural 20)
    save (1d20+21)[33] ...

oh look an other spell that does nothing ...
    Last edited by qube; 2009-06-04 at 11:34 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The gaint laughs lowdly at the mage's feeble attempts as non of the spells seem to have any effect ...

(1d20+51)[52](4d8+61)[79] fumbles 3 - crits 2 ...
    (1d20+46)[60](4d8+61)[75]
    (1d20+41)[57](4d8+61)[78]
    (1d20+36)[54](4d8+61)[77]

look what you did, you made me miss ...
    Last edited by qube; 2009-06-04 at 11:38 AM.

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

67 is a barely miss ???? AW!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Ashtoreth sneers.
    Are you sure it is I that made you miss and not your unfavorable fat-to-muscle ratio?
    That said, the necromancer decided she's had enough. Channeling the might of the Fury, she infuses her body with the speed, sureness of motion and combat aclarity of a master swordsman then glides nearly three dozen feet back in preparation for the attack to follow.

OOC:
    Uh, no. Your last blow hit her-barely. I think I mentioned that in my post though I could be wrong.
    shift 4 pts of AC back into saves in preparation of attack
    Also, Divine Power and flying 60 ft back at ground level.
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2009-06-04 at 11:53 AM.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

if you move, I get an oppertunity attack:

Kuro's actions: charge 'n pounce. (do I get +1 attack from higher ground if I'm flying higher then you? if so, add 1 to all rolls)

(edit: rolls got messed up, I forgot the / in all closing tags of roll)
    Last edited by qube; 2009-06-04 at 11:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

AoO: (1d20+51)[54](4d8+61)[78]

(+1 if higher ground applies
    (1d20+53)[64](4d8+61)[78]
    (1d20+48)[64](4d8+61)[82]
    (1d20+43)[52](4d8+61)[75]
    (1d20+38)[56](4d8+61)[78])

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

The Giant strikes at the white witch twice more, the huge club slowly battering down the woman's resilient frame. She might not feel pain but the damage is slowly adding up.
    You know what, big guy? You've proven surprisingly resilient to the power of darkness. So let's try something else. How do you like the searing glare of the Sun?
    Picking up a patch of light from the pale radiance that surrounds her, Ashtoreth fashions it into another spear. Empowering it with enough power to sting but not too much so as not to waste power should he prove immune to it, she hurls it at her foe, aiming at his center of mass, three times her own height.
    I'd aim a little lower big guy but despite your size, certain parts of your anatomy remain quite inadequate.

OOC:
    Maximized Searing Light for 40 points of divine damage.
    touchattack - (1d20+29)[16](45)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The gargantuan gaint gets hit and pauses for a moment as he an internal struggle takes place ...
    will DC (1d20+21)[39]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

the light hits, but it only deals the normal amount of damage of the maximized spell (a.k.a. 40 damage) This really isn't much, compared to the hit points the brute has. After a short pause, the brute nearly explodes in demonic forces and he furiusly attacks, as the last of his sanity just got flushed down the drain ...

(1d20+53)[54](4d8+64)[83]
    (1d20+48)[58](4d8+64)[78]
    (1d20+43)[61](4d8+64)[71]
    (1d20+38)[55](4d8+64)[95]

OOC: not that it matters, but reading the description, seering light does untyped damage ...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Q: just wondering how much hp you have left (to see if I still have a shot ...)
    edit: I forgot you can cast heal (well, harm) on yourself ... so I retract the question ...

edit: also note: this is already round 9 ...
    Last edited by qube; 2009-06-04 at 12:58 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

your turn btw ...

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: The rage gives you +2 to attacks as well. Add +1 for higher ground and you hit twice more. I'm dead, I think.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    OOC: The rage gives you +2 to attacks as well. Add +1 for higher ground and you hit twice more. I'm dead, I think.
    the +2 is added, compared to last time, he didn't charge ...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

also, your unmodded AC was 62 ...

either way: its your win:
    if I reduce you to zero hp. your contingiency triggers (unconciousness is an effect that stops you from castings spells, no?), teleporting you 400 ft back.

you cast a spell (I presume something that heals you)

I need to go your way (run action)

you cast an other spell

I charge you, full attack you, but after that, my gaint growth is done (it has a fixed time 1 minute).
    Without it, I only hit you on a natural 20, and for an average 42 damage.

you can just seering light / Chill of the Grave me to oblivion ... (protection for cold protects me only for 120 damage in total, which 60 of it is already use ...)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks for clearing things up on the attack bonus. As for the unconciousness though, you're wrong. Undead are automatically destroyed at 0 HP so my contingency can't help-it only helps vs Antimagic Field or similar.

And yeah, I can heal. But you know what really could have ended this fight right away? Forcecage, open, cast on self. A wizard could do it at 13th level and it would make him totally immune to anything a meleer could do while still being able to cast spells through it. I could replicate it via miracle but I doubt it would fly in Djin's game.

Incidentally, I toned down Ashtoreth's sheet, getting rid of the AC item bonuses that I don't think would work in Djin's game. So now she only has 47 AC (53 by shifting everything to AC) which is more reasonable.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks for clearing things up on the attack bonus. As for the unconciousness though, you're wrong. Undead are automatically destroyed at 0 HP so my contingency can't help-it only helps vs Antimagic Field or similar.
    isn't unconciousness destroyed an effect that would prevent you from casting?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

It isn't an effect. It's a condition, like being dead. So my contingency doesn't help.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It isn't an effect. It's a condition
    by RAW maybe, but contingiency uses human wording, no?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"if any effect or attack would affect me that directly or indirectly would render me incapable of using magic."

an attack that kills you would render you incapable of using magic, no ?