New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: BleachitP OOC XI: All wet and tied up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    How about we meet in the middle, and he provides a Chaplin/Hilter 'stache sized option for the diehard loyalists?
    How about this: He doesn't destroy the old moustaches, so they're still available for use for those who prefer them.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    There, the Copy/paste ALL the way back from the "What's your zanpaktou?" thread.
    Holy crap. That is a LONG ways back.

Gan: *sigh* Fine... If you insist upon being serious about it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

Holy crap. That is a LONG ways back.

Gan: *sigh* Fine... If you insist upon being serious about it.
    Indeed, about... 10 threads ago, 6 sereitei's, and quite a few more.

Vince's captaincy's being established is only rival'd by that of Satoshi, Shirubaru, and Daisuke.

The rest have either died, or become inactive since then to my knowledge. (and this was EARLY "What's your zanpaktou?" thread. Like... page 19.)

4. - Top - End - #424

No joke. My first concept would have been 2nd Squad material, probably VC or something. Then there is Sigmund. Poor bastard never really got a chance to shine.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

No joke. My first concept would have been 2nd Squad material, probably VC or something. Then there is Sigmund. Poor bastard never really got a chance to shine.
    :pats on back:

He was awesome is that's any comfort.

Also, Vince STARTED VC, but shortly there after the captain went inactive, and we had this big duel for the spot between me, and the other VC hopeful, who has also gone inactive.

Good times.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

I shall be deadtiming for the next three hours now.

Helena: Edge can assume she stabbed applied the healing to Idelfonso, and he will need... Six hours to recover.

Erscheinung: Doomity dooms of doom. Not really, he is fishing hollows in the moat.

Hideki: Waiting for Siegfried and the british vizard people to say something that might make him ponder if it is worth helping.

My other characters aren't doing anything relevant.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #427
    Barbarian in the Playground

I just dug up the bottle of orange soda, I can't help myself.

Also, you didn't answer my question: What did you learn?
    Sorry, didn't see that the first time.

I did not know that the ShinQuin war was driven to Peace by Toho's leaving. That actually makes sense, as well as providing a reason why Soul Society actually stopped in the middle of Steamrolling over the wildly outnumbered Quincy (which is kinda out of character for them). Or rather...

The reason Soul Society did not continue Steamrolling until they were completely obliterated by the Quincy Superweapon now housed in the Quincy Shrine/Facility 13, which I did not know was designed to be the Quincy's answer to Hiroshima, ending the war for good. Soul Society of course has the Kido Cannon, but that would obviously have been the target of the Quincy's first sneak attack, leaving SS powerless.

In a way, this means that Toho is the only reason that the Shinigami race still exists at all (in any way that we recognize, anyway). Had he not done what he did when he did it, the Quincy would likely have annihilated the Seireitei completely.

I did not know that the Quincy arrows (in our continuity) do not actually destroy Souls irrevocably, but merely cause them to Skip Soul Society in the re-incarnation cycle. This also explains why the Shinigami thought the Quincy arrows were Obliterative, since a whole bunch of hollows were dying and nobody was showing up in SS anywhere to account for it. Which is also very in-character for Soul Society, assuming that they know everything and that there isn't any possible way that this could mean anything else.

This also means that teaching the Quincies how to fire 'soft arrows' is also highly selfish, emphasizing purifying souls in such a way that they go to SS and therefore are under SS's jurisdiction. Which is in-character, even for our soft(er) and kind(er) Soul Society.

I did not know that Toho's act of betrayal on Soul Society was the opening of a pathway for a massive Hollow attack. Which weakened them to the point that continued war with the Quincies was nearly impossible, meaning that all things considered, the Quincies really won the ShinQuin war by multiple virtues. The Quincies likely do not know this. Hitomi and a few others likely suspect this, but they don't/can't know for sure.

I did not know that Daisuke has only been Captain Commander for the last 10 years. This explains some of his Politically questionable and often loose-cannon behavior, as all things considered he's still really new and inexperienced at this job.

So yeah. I actually learned a lot there.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-10-02 at 05:30 PM.
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

8. - Top - End - #428

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, nearly off of the material in the summery has been voiced at one time or another, but a lot gets lost is translation. The Gotei are such a wreck right now because they are in the middle of a change, pulling away from their brutal past in order to fully reform into the kinder, gentler version that Daisuke preached about. It's an awkward transition, and one that has caused a lot of reasonable objections. The game is actually a much richer climate than that of the core series because of it.

As for as Daisuke goes though: I myself am a little unclear as to how long he held office the first time, before doing the teaching gig that he dropped in order to resume his post in the QuinShin aftermath.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    Sorry, didn't see that the first time.

I did not know that the ShinQuin war was driven to Peace by Toho's leaving. That actually makes sense, as well as providing a reason why Soul Society actually stopped in the middle of Steamrolling over the wildly outnumbered Quincy (which is kinda out of character for them). Or rather...

The reason Soul Society did not continue Steamrolling until they were completely obliterated by the Quincy Superweapon now housed in the Quincy Shrine/Facility 13, which I did not know was designed to be the Quincy's answer to Hiroshima, ending the war for good. Soul Society of course has the Kido Cannon, but that would obviously have been the target of the Quincy's first sneak attack, leaving SS powerless.

In a way, this means that Toho is the only reason that the Shinigami race still exists at all (in any way that we recognize, anyway). Had he not done what he did when he did it, the Quincy would likely have annihilated the Seireitei completely.

I did not know that the Quincy arrows (in our continuity) do not actually destroy Souls irrevocably, but merely cause them to Skip Soul Society in the re-incarnation cycle. This also explains why the Shinigami thought the Quincy arrows were Obliterative, since a whole bunch of hollows were dying and nobody was showing up in SS anywhere to account for it. Which is also very in-character for Soul Society, assuming that they know everything and that there isn't any possible way that this could mean anything else.

This also means that teaching the Quincies how to fire 'soft arrows' is also highly selfish, emphasizing purifying souls in such a way that they go to SS and therefore are under SS's jurisdiction. Which is in-character, even for our soft(er) and kind(er) Soul Society.

I did not know that Toho's act of betrayal on Soul Society was the opening of a pathway for a massive Hollow attack. Which weakened them to the point that continued war with the Quincies was nearly impossible, meaning that all things considered, the Quincies really won the ShinQuin war by multiple virtues. The Quincies likely do not know this. Hitomi and a few others likely suspect this, but they don't/can't know for sure.

I did not know that Daisuke has only been Captain Commander for the last 10 years. This explains some of his Politically questionable and often loose-cannon behavior, as all things considered he's still really new and inexperienced at this job.

So yeah. I actually learned a lot there.
    But! Did you learn why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Toho Epic AOE Mind RAEP'D them into thinking they did, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #431

Uuhhhhh.... Because it's an important part of this balanced super-secret Three-Day Bankai training montage?
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

...Both good answers.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadtiming...

Idelfonso: Healing up.

Adrian: Helping Chie with the paperwork for his Division application.

Einion and James: Waiting on Lorolar to show up so they can speak to the Hideki.

Sören: Still walking Khaos Hall, still open to conversation.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to Shade's prompting, I'm reminding people I need votes for the R&R thread to do a summary of sand castles.

15. - Top - End - #435

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    Uuhhhhh.... Because it's an important part of this balanced super-secret Three-Day Bankai training montage?
    No! Because there's cinnamon swirls in every bite!
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Deadtimez. Long week.

Satoshi: Fighting and arguing with Tai.

Tyler: Spending time with Ami.

Team 5: Either guarding Greta or trying to heal up. The ones that aren't dead, at any rate.

Hector: SCIENCE!

Noriko: Somewhere

Luther: ARC. Maybe I should try to do something with them...
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Reacting to a truce with creatures that they have only ever known war with so long as they've existed?

18. - Top - End - #438

I think I'm going to deadtime for the rest of the night, I haven't been getting any sleep lately.

Maeda Katsuhito:Walking back to Seireitei with his new hat.

Dannan: Hopefully done with his task of bringing that crown down to level 7 security.

Arrancars: Doing arrancar stuff, in their arrancar place, you know.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ettin in the Playground

Due to Shade's prompting, I'm reminding people I need votes for the R&R thread to do a summary of sand castles.
    If so, I vote for Von geister. The man deserves it.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Deadtimez. Long week.

Satoshi: Fighting and arguing with Tai.

Tyler: Spending time with Ami.

Team 5: Either guarding Greta or trying to heal up. The ones that aren't dead, at any rate.

Hector: SCIENCE!

Noriko: Somewhere

Right, so, I'm off to Ren Fest again. It'll be late tonight when I'm back, because I have gaming with the fellas after Ren Fest.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #441
    Firbolg in the Playground

You best get the digits of that fairy.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Night Surgeon View Post
    If so, I vote for Von geister. The man deserves it.
    I protest this, as he made a very simple castle. Boring in fact.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

To clarify, again, you get one vote per character at the beach. This isn't just a matter of playground opinion but actual IC opinion. This, and the swimsuit contests are the only times it's up to the characters instead of the players.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    I still only get one vote then. Although I may have one of my new ones pop up...

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Mesuinu would vote for Ami, and Marco... Probably Ami as well, due to sharing a connection to Captain Satoshi with Alicia.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MageSparrowhawk View Post
    Ah, but his castle is animated. In fact, as soon as the in-character selection starts, his army of tiny sand people is going to march out of the simple place, surround and destroy the enemy structures.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #447

...Oh wow. The whole AmixTyler thing just gets creepier and creepier. How has no-one IC brought up the whole "she's ten" thing, yet? Including her parents? Does Tyler know? If so, ew. If not... also ew, but from a different angle.

Also - Kinkuzo may need to start wooing Tai. He approves of her stance Satoshi that much.

Just to OOC clear up what may be some misconceptions regarding Kinkuzo.
    1. He has no problems with Iwai's existence, now that he's had time to be sure that he's not a mole of some kind.
    2. He has no problem with the Bount. Hell, he views them as a great acheivement on the part of Soul Society. This is a guy who smuggled out Mod Souls when they were ordered to be destroyed, remember.

And I have a lot to catch up on.
    Thanks to Andraste for the Void avatar.
    My surviving Exalted homebrew can be found here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bookworm
    Alright. Just for that, if we both make it into the game, the first test target for Total Annihilation whenever I get Solar sorcery is going to be you.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And I have a lot to catch up on.
    *checks in*

...what the hell?

(No, I'm not coming back, I just got curious)

29. - Top - End - #449

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    *checks in*

...what the hell?

(No, I'm not coming back, I just got curious)
    Are you sure? We miss you! Don't leave, we even baked you cookies!
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-10-03 at 02:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Orc in the Playground

Mentally she has done some catching up.

And her parents have pretty much gotten used to the fact that she's chronologically 8, physically 16, and about mentally 12-14.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!