New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    do frozen chocolate chips even taste any different then not frozen chocolate?
    Taste more or less the same, but the texture's different. They're harder, obviously, and they last longer in your mouth.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Taste more or less the same, but the texture's different. They're harder, obviously, and they last longer in your mouth.
    Eh, I find the flavor tends to be just a touch bit richer than unfrozen. Course, I almost exclusively consume 85% cocoa chocolate I keep in my freezer, so that could be the fact that such chocolate is so strong, it can burn through a table.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ettin in the Playground

Chocolate is good at room temperature, better in the freezer, and best in your mouth.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Eh, I find the flavor tends to be just a touch bit richer than unfrozen. Course, I almost exclusively consume 85% cocoa chocolate I keep in my freezer, so that could be the fact that such chocolate is so strong, it can burn through a table.
    Yeah, I LOVE dark chocolate. The chocolate chips I have are something like 70%, I think.

Well, the chocolate my mum has, I should say. I'm chocolate-deprived at school.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Chocolate is good at room temperature, better in the freezer, and best in your mouth.
    >.>
    This needs to be QotW'd.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ettin in the Playground

Dark chocolate is best frozen. Or with raspberries. Or both.

Milk chocolate, if creamy, should never be eaten frozen. It interferes with the creamability. *nods*

White chocolate...I'm leaning towards frozen, too.
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

This discussion is killing me. Killing me with sweet, sweet hypothetical desserts. 'Tis a slow death.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Dark chocolate is best frozen. Or with raspberries. Or both.

Milk chocolate, if creamy, should never be eaten frozen. It interferes with the creamability. *nods*

White chocolate...I'm leaning towards frozen, too.
    mmm... dark chocolate with raspberries. *drool*

I never liked white chocolate. I think it has an odd taste.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

White chocolate often has a somewhat low cocoa content, and is almost always deodorized, to remove the undesired "chocolaty" taste, and bring out a much different flavor.

Also, white chocolate is pretty much a waste product. It was popularized by Nestle to use a large amount of excess cocoa butter they had laying about.

All that I say applies only to myself. You author your own actions and choices. I cannot and will not be responsible for you, nor are you for me, regardless of situation or circumstance.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ettin in the Playground

Aww...*shares dark chocolate and raspberries with, snuggles*

^_^
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Aww...*shares dark chocolate and raspberries with, snuggles*

^_^
    yay! Thankses you.*noms on raspberry*

*snuggles* =3

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

I figure this is random enough to go here and maybe somebody can help.

I'm writing a story and need to know something. If I had a message on my answering machine could it be tracked to find the cell phone that the message came from?

13. - Top - End - #643

I've never cared for dark chocolate. Most of the chocolate I have is refridgerated, a good mix of room temp and frozed.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    I figure this is random enough to go here and maybe somebody can help.

I'm writing a story and need to know something. If I had a message on my answering machine could it be tracked to find the cell phone that the message came from?
    I believe so. I dont think you personally could but i'm pretty sure the police or phone companies can trace calls.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: I think there's maybe a *69 feature and other options for figuring out the number that dialed the call. ...Why it's called a 69, I'll never know...

White chocolate often has a somewhat low cocoa content, and is almost always deodorized, to remove the undesired "chocolaty" taste, and bring out a much different flavor.

Also, white chocolate is pretty much a waste product. It was popularized by Nestle to use a large amount of excess cocoa butter they had laying about.
    Shouldn't have any actual cocoa content. Cocoa butter, ya, but not cocoa.

As for temperatures, I enjoy a variety, but I usually prefer my chocolate at ambient temperatures. Out of laziness/habit and the fact that there was never enough freezer space to really freeze chocolate I wanted to eat due to my dad having to freeze his baking chocolate to preserve it in the floridian heat.

Dark chocolate can be ok, but usually it's either wussing out and is stuck in that awkward place between milk chocolate and actual dark chocolate or just doesn't have a good flavor. I have found a few brands that I like of it though.

Like chocolate less now that I'm an adult than when I was younger though.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-11-29 at 02:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Shouldn't have any actual cocoa content. Cocoa butter, ya, but not cocoa.
    Cocoa butter, interestingly enough, is actually a product of the cocoa bean, meaning it counts as cocoa content for the authorities on such things. Strange as that is.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Pixie in the Playground

That is odd, never thought that Cocoa butter would be you know Cocoa.

On the subject of chocolate have any of you ever got to try 99% Dark Chocolate (Read 99% Cocoa content.) Mmmh
    The avatar isn't really a good example of my work as I did it with my hand in a brace, hopefully I can put something nicer up soon. -TD

18. - Top - End - #648

NecromancerGuy

Cocoa butter, interestingly enough, is actually a product of the cocoa bean, meaning it counts as cocoa content for the authorities on such things. Strange as that is.
    Well, yes. I was speaking to the idea of cocoa solids vs. cocoa butter.

I'm guessing now that you meant it just contained very little from the actual cocoa bean in the final product of white chocolate?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #649
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Coffee...

*curls up in bed and goes back to her troubled sleep*
    LGBT in the playground - banner by Doihaveaname?.
    Thanks to Ceika, Dihan, Happy Turtle, Reicaden and Haruki for the avatars.

20. - Top - End - #650

NecromancerGuy

Yes, coffee would contribute to trouble sleeping...
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Well, yes. I was speaking to the idea of cocoa solids vs. cocoa butter.

I'm guessing now that you meant it just contained very little from the actual cocoa bean in the final product of white chocolate?
    Um... I'm not really sure what you're actually asking (or perhaps I misunderstood the original question? Iunno, I'm pretty fallible these days >_<). Perhaps it's cause I'm tired? White chocolate is only really chocolate because cocoa butter is (for some reason I don't understand) counted as "cocoa" for determining if something is chocolate or not, though it contains no solids from the damn bean.

I personally don't think it counts, but that's just me. Also, I've been up like forever. I need to sleep somethin' fierce.
    Last edited by arguskos; 2009-11-29 at 07:06 AM.

22. - Top - End - #652

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, well, on the bright side I think everything I was murky on has been clarified. Now if only I could return the favor.
    Originally I interpretted this as you saying that it had a rather low cocoa solid content. Which confused me as to why you would say that, given that white chocolate only uses cocoa butter.

Then, after you replied, I took it to mean you meant that white chocolate only uses a very little bit of the product of the cocoa beans (in this case, cocoa butter) in relation to the other ingredients in white chocolate as compared to how much milk or dark chocolate is made from cocoa-derivatives.

In any event, sleep well, mate.
    Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #653

Yes, coffee would contribute to trouble sleeping...
    Most definitely. Whenever I am insomniac, I have a cup of coffee to get back to sleep.
    It does wonders!

24. - Top - End - #654

NecromancerGuy

physiology is not supposed to work that way.x.x

also, you're still awake...
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

What if you're a caffiene addict (Which I've no doubt SMEE is. Not that this is a bad thing Love ya, SMEE, my fellow appreciator of liquid energy!), would the hit of the substance produce relaxation chemicals the same way a cigarette does for a nicotine addict? Like, 'ah, there we go, all is well, we have our [drug-of-choise] riiiiiight here in the system...sleepy tiem nao.'?
    Regular avatar by Dallas-Dakota.
    -----------
    Regarding mysellf:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty sure that Anuan is the local weapons pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Anuan's house is a HOUSE OF DEATH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    I'd go to his house and steal all the awesome.
    But I'm afraid I'd accidentally stab myself to death.

26. - Top - End - #656

physiology is not supposed to work that way.x.x

also, you're still awake...
    Well, see that my reply was almost 5 hours later than my previous coffee fix...

27. - Top - End - #657

Caffine also has the adverse, and inverse to it's purpose, effect of putting me to sleep. Or maybe it's just because it is so warm...
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

28. - Top - End - #658
    Troll in the Playground

They say caffine makes you jittery...I find that it actually sooths me a bit...maybe it's because it helps make me able to deal with the massive number of things that flit through my head all at once. o.o;

Also, I like your Avvie, EE, but for some reason your skirt seems a little off-center.

Edit: Ah, upon looking closer, I see that it just looks like that because the white blends in a bit with the tan background. It's fine. *nod nod*
    Last edited by Trobby; 2009-11-29 at 10:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

29. - Top - End - #659
    Barbarian in the Playground

Good morning Playground!

On coffee, i cannot drink it as i cannot stand the taste...

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    Caffine also has the adverse, and inverse to it's purpose, effect of putting me to sleep. Or maybe it's just because it is so warm...
    For some people, their systems react in the inverse way to stimulants and depressants. For example, coffee puts them to sleep and sleeping pills wake them up. I can't for the life of me remember what its called now though...

ION: Morning, Playground.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!