New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Aki will be in on the scene, though, like Horn's character, she will have encountered Hollow's before. She might actually try to act like she doesn't know what is going on, until it becomes obvious that such isn't going to work.

"*eeeek* Whatever could that horrible crea... you guys aren't buying this, are you? Well... shoot."

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Also, does anyone mind if her father runs the local hospital?
    That could work really well, since Nakahiro's father is a doctor at a local hospital.

Additionally, on the talk about recreating Kasanip's scene...I approve.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    (how do you think she's going to get her Shinigami powers, a bunch of drunk 11thers?)
    Drunk Sato Hachirou?

Also, I volunteer to play the obligatory villains in the school scene.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #1024

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Aki will be in on the scene, though, like Horn's character, she will have encountered Hollow's before. She might actually try to act like she doesn't know what is going on, until it becomes obvious that such isn't going to work.

"*eeeek* Whatever could that horrible crea... you guys aren't buying this, are you? Well... shoot."
    Meanwhile, Taiki will pretend not to notice, and fail miserably. Seeing as it's kinda hard to pretend you can't see the giant monster trying to eat everyone.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

On the subject of the mortal world student characters:

Imagine what it'd be like for them come across (later, of course) a Hollow they cannot defeat together and have their weird new English teacher show up and save them by 'shooting' himself in the head.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Imagine what it'd be like for them come across (later, of course) a Hollow they cannot defeat together and have their weird new English teacher show up and save them by 'shooting' himself in the head.
    That sounds a lot like one character overshadowing the rest. =\
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

7. - Top - End - #1027

That sounds a bit excessive.

There are, however, definitely ways he could pull off a big damn heroes moment without overshadowing everyone else.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant a big damn heroes moment. Just put it poorly. >_>

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ettin in the Playground

tongue Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 2

If said hollow was Elder, his "WTF?" moment towards Sören doing something so seemingly idiotic would probably be enought to turn the tide against it >_>

Also, to people withdrawing characters from play: remember to erase them from the registry and petition someone to delete them from the wiki so we don't have abandoned character concepts haunting everywhere.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    ...Is your name REALLY CMOTDibbler? You sir, win an internet, solely for being a character from my favorite book series.

And now I'm thinking of Higuri walking onto campus and getting called a pedophile for following Taiki's inability to hide his reiatsu...
    Of course. Terry Pratchett is a great author. And thankies for the internet, mind if I sig this?
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2010-04-16 at 11:16 AM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Orc in the Playground

So the character concept I've had brewing is a (very) unstable vizard, the problem lies in trying to find a way to have him there from the start and actualy having powers at that point without overshadowing anyone.

Essentialy his intended powerset is healing which when he flips (and looses control entirely until way later in the story) changes to damage equal to the healing he did ala Hanataro's Zanpukto. Obviously he wouldnt start off with any vizardness, like Ichigo really, and would start with weak healing powers. Next power jump would be completely uncontrolled masking which is a danger to others and thus prompts him to learn to at least prevent it appearing. After that comes learning to dismiss it when active, and then to turn it on. Non shinigami whose healing comes from weird gloves (either made of energy of hollowesque bone havent decided yet) and I was hoping for advice on how to go about balancing and developing through that power set. And if thats okay with everyone of course.
    And thank you Darwin for the awesome Sterlingtar.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    I believe there was talk of 10th division teaching somewhere. Is that actually happening, or am I misinformed?
    This got lost in the shuffle, so I repost.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am now extremely tempted after seeing CMOT"s character to create a spiritually-aware human that also plays DND just so I can make post of our two characters playing DND in the middle of BleachITP.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

Preposterous. All this talk of the students meeting hollows and I am not even present to pipe in.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    I am now extremely tempted after seeing CMOT"s character to create a spiritually-aware human that also plays DND just so I can make post of our two characters playing DND in the middle of BleachITP.
    The next ?ITP world shall be set in an MMO.

Or better yet, we shall play a PbP game about players of a PbP game.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Meanwhile, Taiki will pretend not to notice, and fail miserably. Seeing as it's kinda hard to pretend you can't see the giant monster trying to eat everyone.
    I just realized, something you should know. Takahashi Taiki is a character I posted, and even if he's not a Captain I plan on using him. Just so you know in case we maybe run into naming issues.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    The way I see it our characters are practically destined to befriend each other since they're both somewhat shy and kind of sad. Ken might at first appear menacing but he'd act like a bit of a gentle giant and get along fine with her.
    That depends, is Ken a mortal? I find it unlikely they'd get the chance to spend a huge amount of time if Ken's gonna be in Sereitei a lot and Kina would be in the Mortal World, but hey, it's a possibility. I'm all for it.

My intended Kina development was for her to initially seem like the "damsel in distress" with few abilities but an apparent spiritual awareness (she can see Hollows/Shinigami), then she cr0wns a Hollow in a surprise scene where she reveals she's a Quincy, then she gains power and becomes more open about it.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-04-16 at 12:06 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post

Serial Experiment Lain in the Playgrounds? Or perhaps Paprika...?

@Tgva: Nothingclever redid Ken's character. He's a mortal boxer now. It caused me a headache when I noticed it in the registry.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Orc in the Playground

Hm, I wonder if I should make Val a bit younger (a senior?) so she can get in on the fun.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Firbolg in the Playground

.hack//ITP would be epic. That is all.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    .hack//ITP would be epic. That is all.
    YurekaITP would be cool, but I doubt many have heard of it (it's also known as iD_eNTITY).

...Ooh, what about SlayersITP?
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-04-16 at 01:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    That depends, is Ken a mortal? I find it unlikely they'd get the chance to spend a huge amount of time if Ken's gonna be in Sereitei a lot and Kina would be in the Mortal World, but hey, it's a possibility. I'm all for it.

My intended Kina development was for her to initially seem like the "damsel in distress" with few abilities but an apparent spiritual awareness (she can see Hollows/Shinigami), then she cr0wns a Hollow in a surprise scene where she reveals she's a Quincy, then she gains power and becomes more open about it.
    He's been redesigned for this setting for a while now, not that I had expected anyone to notice or anything.
    I'd be up for a playing a rescue scene or anything mortal related for that matter when stuff starts up.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-16 at 01:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1042

...Ooh, what about SlayersITP?
    Its called Freeform D&D

And, it seems most of the discussion has moved on to how the game will start. Should we get to voting for the Central 46 so we can get everything else squared away?
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    He's been redesigned for this setting for a while now, not that I had expected anyone to notice or anything.
    I'd be up for a playing a rescue scene or anything mortal related for that matter when stuff starts up.
    Hey, *I* noticed!
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2010-04-16 at 01:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Orc in the Playground

reposting
    are there any applications for the 13th division captain?
    if there are not i think that i will nab said division for Ryoichi

Masamune Ryoichi (last first)
    work in progress
    Spoiler
    Show

Height: 5’ 3”
    Weight: 120
    Reiatsu: Dull gold
    Division and Rank: working on that
    Appearance: mid twenties, short, not very muscular. He wears the usual outfit with his sword slung at his back (like Hitsugaya).
    Personality: serious but forgiving. Ryoichi loves to fight but dislikes using his sword.
    Zanpakuto: Hold fast and prevail, Yamaban!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spirit: a tall man garbed in a light armor made out of stone. Yamaban also has a short cat like tail also made of stone.
    Sword:
    Spoiler
    Show
    from top to bottom: Sealed, Shikai, bankai.

Sealed: Yamaban takes the form of a standard ōdachi with a piece if quarts as the guard
    Inner world: Sand. Almost like a beach if there was no lake or sea. There are also some stones and plant life in the ‘middle’ there is a tall mountain with smooth slopes, situated on the top is a small hut.
    Shikai:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yamaban rapidly grows into a huge stone sword the same size as Ichigo’s Zangetzu.
    Yamaban is sharp enough to cut anything it touches, except resilient shikai and normal bankai (Ikkaku’s bankai could be cut for instance). Yamaban’s only other ability is when Ryoichi buries the tip into the ground (or similar substance) and while touching the sword, he can create shapes out of stone sprouting from the ground. All shapes must be of the most basic geometrical designs (Prism, Pyramid, Sphere, Cone, Cylinder, ect) which can be hollow. Ryoichi can also shoot these into the air to deal with aerial opponents. The maximin volume that can be shaped at once is about 5 cubic meters

Bankai:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yamaban shatters and reforms in a bladed staff, in general this staff acts like Ikkaku’s shikai (three section staff) it’s blades are no sharper than a normal katana. At the same time thin segmented stone armor with a huge stone tail with a blade on the end (much like the ones on the staff but as sharp as the shikai blade) forms on Ryoichi. By planting his tail in the ground Ryoichi can use the same stone formation ability with increased volume shape-able.

General Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kido:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Terrible; Ryoichi cannot use any kido without incantation and even then he cannot perform anything above level 5

Hoho:
    Spoiler
    Show

Good; about the level of the average cannon VC

Zanjutsu:
    Spoiler
    Show

Master; Ryoichi practices daily during every free moment.

Hakuda:
    Spoiler
    Show

Very good, Ryoichi prefers hand to hand more than his using his overly large sword.

Backstory:
    Ever since he came to the Rukongai Ryoichi had never remembered his past life. He grew up in some of the poorer districts of the Rukongai moving between them as he grew tired of the area. He spent a good while roughing up the more violent characters in hopes that they would improve their attitude on life. Eventually he made it to the academy by means of some highly fortunate events. There he studied the ways of the shinigami and their reason for existing. He quite enjoyed using his superior skill in swordplay to distinguish himself in class, thoroughly thrashing his classmates then helping them understand why they would not be looking foreword to the next day, and in turn grudgingly accepting help with his Kido, never quite getting the hang of it. After he graduated from the academy Ruoichi headed into the 11th division and worked his way up, leaving bruised and beaten comrades in his wake.
    Possible connections: pretty much anyone.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    And, it seems most of the discussion has moved on to how the game will start. Should we get to voting for the Central 46 so we can get everything else squared away?
    I'd say that's not a bad idea.

Back when it was discussed, it seemed like "3" was the most popular number.

Offhand, I'd suggest that we do a couple of things. First, I nominate Draken to "moderate" the process. He has stated he will not be a member of the 46 due to his position as King of Hollows. He can make sure we don't get to tangled up, and be the vote-counter. If he doesn't want this, I would suggest someone who is absolutely not going to be a 46'er. In other words, someone who has explicitly refused such a position.

As for voting itself...*Shrugs* I say everyone posts the 3 people they think should be 46'ers. Then, the 3 with the most votes become "finalists", with all of us able to raise any serious objection, as well as giving said people time to contemplate if they wish to hold said position.

Then, if everyone's happy with the choices, these 3 become the "Central 46".

Anyone have any thoughts on that process?

Oh, and it should probably have an "official date range" or something, so we're not trundling along, and someone votes 3 months down the road or something.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

26. - Top - End - #1046

INNIS'S THREE PICKS!

Callos
    Sucrose
    Frozen Feet
    My Current Works

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we get a list of those who have taken themselves out of consideration for the 46, as well?

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Well. I can tally the votes. And will ask you people to do it like Innis did.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

Suggestion for vote cut-off: April 25th

My votes:

Callos
    Zarah
    KnightDisciple

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Can we get a list of those who have taken themselves out of consideration for the 46, as well?
    I don't know if there's a formal list. I know strawberryman and Draken, as leaders of the 2 main factions, specifically withdrew themselves. Not sure about any others. Of course, the proposed "finalist period" allows for people to withdraw.

I suppose the "time frame" is "now until we say we're done".

Knight's Three Picks
    Callos
    Sucrose
    Zarah
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune