New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach Reborn OOC 3: Discussion

Ooh! Welcome Vael! I look forward to RPing with you! Also, your character looks great. Certainly a good level in terms of power and an interesting character besides.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Back in the current game his limit was range and mass. That said he could control a lot back then. Which allowed him to try and perform multiple, rolling assaults on two enemies, stave them off, all while actively manipulating the surroundings with his ropes.

Then came Scharfrichter-Drache, Donovan's special attack (translation: Executioner Dragon), which was, quite simply, Donovan's bankai. Almost got Kiljaeran with the colossal monster with teeth of spiked chains and a mane of nooses.

Obviously an incarnation of Scharfrichter-Drache right now would be vastly smaller. It is more meant to have a psychological effect than anything else, because the attack pattern does not really change.

So yeah. A mass limit. Don't expect control of entire rooms by covering the walls, ceiling and floor with a tangle of rope, for instance.

---

And if you are talking about the PPP, well. There is plenty of it, I hardly ever use it, however, as you should already know.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-21 at 11:35 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Even if it just is to be written 'Youkai' is helpful to me in understanding It makes much sense to me because maybe I thought 'Bount' is such a thing. It seemed like a little bit she was similar to Erima, so I was thinking so...but I wanted to make sure.
    Kasanip, I think I confused you. Bount's are modified Human Beings. However, Ava tends to adopt the identity of whoever she is speaking with. So, if you ask her what she is, she is likely to response with whatever the person she is speaking with is.

(It was a bad joke, in other words. Tonight has just been an off night for me.

I don't understand. I do not think a shikai is a disguise of a zanpakutou. But I think I understand Horngeek's explanation.
    Sorry, I meant the sealed state of the Zanpaktou, not the Shikai. The Dolls 'are' the object, just as much as a Zanpaktou is the sealed state.

As far as the Doll's, Genheimauge doesn't really mind his existence.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah.

And I see you didn't notice the link... it is hidden (sorta) though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes. Didn't see the link. But I got what you infered, just check the timing of my edit. One minute before you posted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM8OD...eature=related

Horn, you should watch the opening to the source Anime before you take that much further.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Hey anything I missed?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

*blinks*

...that was completely random. And had...

well. Highest number of Crap Past the Radar moments I've ever seen in an anime opening.

Even if it's not meant for kids.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Wow, thanks for the welcome, everyone. I wasn't quite expecting everyone to be so happy about my appearance.

Glad to see Emi looks okay, power wise.

I'd like to stick around and talk and ask some questions, but I have work pretty early in the morning, and so I need to head off. I might ask some things tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Reason: all the ACROers know how good an RPer you are.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

@HG: You have no idea.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    *blinks*

...that was completely random. And had...

well. Highest number of Crap Past the Radar moments I've ever seen in an anime opening.

Even if it's not meant for kids.
    That opening is not even close to the most random thing in that show.

(And Vael, you may not remember me, but I remember you.)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I don't. I've never actually watched it.

...most of the anime I have watched has been of the action type. Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Nanoha, Fate/Stay Night...

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, Erima can assume a multitude of forms, including a human form. Bount Dolls have 2 forms: sealed (which is typically a somewhat mundane object, like a water bottle cap, deck of cards, etc.), and released (often manifesting as a sort of creature, though not always).
    Erima can assume 3 forms: Human, Scarf, and 'Youkai Scarf' and the only 'changes' she can make are really appearance, like color or pattern. All of this though, can be tweaked or chosen by Takara though. I do not know why you think 'multitude' - it is not many I think.

The 5 of you probably need to communicate, to get yourselves organized. Also, I think IC and OOC, a lot of focus will be on the Shinigami.
    It is a misunderstanding of mine. I thought Central46 would be OOC things too like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    Kasanip, I think I confused you. Bount's are modified Human Beings. However, Ava tends to adopt the identity of whoever she is speaking with. So, if you ask her what she is, she is likely to response with whatever the person she is speaking with is.

(It was a bad joke, in other words. Tonight has just been an off night for me.

Sorry, I meant the sealed state of the Zanpaktou, not the Shikai. The Dolls 'are' the object, just as much as a Zanpaktou is the sealed state.

As far as the Doll's, Genheimauge doesn't really mind his existence.
    I see...I am making many mistakes today. >_<
    Does it mean Ava becomes a 'clone' of the person? Or just is it things like to become a 'copycat' character?
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

I see...I am making many mistakes today. >_<
    Does it mean Ava becomes a 'clone' of the person? Or just is it things like to become a 'copycat' character?
    No, Ava just picks up on their mannerisms. She starts dressing like they do, using the same kind of idioms. She's... kind of odd.

(And Kasanip, you aren't making mistakes. I'm pretty sure I'm just being unclear.)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and on Vael's character:

French Horn/Horn in F?

I played that!

Technically, it's from Germany. As opposed to the English Horn, which is neither a horn (it's a woodwind) or English (it's French).

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Hougyoku dosn't work the way we thought. Period. Go read the manga, and lets never bring the thing up again in our cannon.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

French Horn's are for little girls! Real men play Trombone!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tackyhillbillu View Post
    French Horn's are for little girls! Real men play Trombone!
    Real men play no instruments and refuse to dance under any circumstances. Needless to say, I am a real man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    *Squints* Is that a pilot of Zeon I see there?
    Why yes, it most certainly is. It's my favourite character of the bunch. He is such an eloquent, honest and decisive speaker.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 12:24 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

*Squints* Is that a pilot of Zeon I see there?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Erima can assume 3 forms: Human, Scarf, and 'Youkai Scarf' and the only 'changes' she can make are really appearance, like color or pattern. All of this though, can be tweaked or chosen by Takara though. I do not know why you think 'multitude' - it is not many I think.
    Ah. Still, she can assume a totally human form. Bount Dolls cannot.

It is a misunderstanding of mine. I thought Central46 would be OOC things too like this.
    Well. I might be misunderstanding, too.

Again, all Central 46 members should start communicating and coordinating. That way, you all know what your duties entail.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The Conductor, Exequias of Hueco Mundo
    Spoiler
    Show

Age: Old. It is difficult to say exactly how old, as the Arrancar could have been around for any amount of time before Geister found him.
    Height: 5’6
    Weight: 142 lb.
    Speech/Reiatsu/Cero color: Grey
    Aspect of Death: Silence
    Mask Fragment: The top half of his mask remains, concealing his face
    Hollow Hole: The hole is on his Right Hand. He normally covers it with an elegant pair of White Gloves.

Physical Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A small man, the Conductor is physically unimposing. His posture is slightly dipped, burdened almost. A shock of white hair stands out over his masked eyes. Their color is startling green, showing from behind the mask. His face, at least the uncovered portion, is unlined, revealing that he is perhaps not as elderly as his posture and hair hint. His dress is rather unique among the inhabitants of the Hueco Mundo. He is never seen in anything other then a full Coat and Tails. Furthermore, his dress immaculate, clean despite the environment he exists in. He cuts a strange, almost elegant figure in the world of the Hueco Muendo.

Personality:

Spoiler
    Show
    The Conductor is quiet man, fond of understatement. He is soft spoken, and seems to lack strong feelings of the type that drive most Hollows. Indeed, he appears to be constantly distracted, his mind always elsewhere. That is partially correct. He describes it as listening to the symphony that no one else can hear. The few Hollows that have attempted to test the Conductor because of this quickly discovered the results were not to their liking. The Conductor is not weak, nor is he a fool, and even distracted, he is more then capable of dealing with those that would challenge him.

Despite his mannerisms, he is completely relentless, having no mercy, and no interest in acquiring it. He kills those that cross him with no regret, and no real joy. It is just something he accepts as inevitable. His vision of the world is that of an orderly place, where each even flows out of the actions that preceded it. What happens now is determined by what happened in the past, each piece of the symphony of existence fitting with the rest. He lacks animosity, easily conversing with those he has attempted to exterminate, when circumstances change. By the same token, real friendship is impossible. He will kill those he has known for years, without a twinge of hesitation or regret. He numbers among the closest thing to a loyal servant Von Geister has, serving the Hollow King as the sole member of his Exequias. Why he serves the Hollow King like that isn’t a question the man feels obliged to answer.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Conductor is a difficult Hollow to categorize. His powers are lacking, compared to many of his comrades. However, his Resurrection can make him a fearsome threat. As well, he is everywhere at once, running messages and observing things for the Hollow King.

Cero: The Conductor can fire powerful Cero’s from his Baton, usually with a contemptuous flick.

Bala: The Conductor can like was use Bala, though his talent with the skill is not especially notable.

Hierro: The Conductor’s talents at Hierro are lacking, compared to Hollows of comparable power. However, even his minor talents can present a formidable barrier to the weaker of his foes.

Garganta: The Conductor can use Garganta. His one real exceptional talent with the skill is his ability to send his Band Members though the Garganta, and control them even when they are in another dimension. This allows for many Hollows to stay in contact, something that would otherwise be near impossible.

Sonido: The Conductor is talented at this skill, flashing about if he wishes to. Against stronger foes, this is his major defense, fleeing backwards, using his Band Mates to distract his foes, while he launches Ceros at them.

Zanpakutou: Miedo de Ruidos (Anticipation of Cacophony)
    Spoiler
    Show

Sealed Form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bone Conductors Baton, simple and small. It has a cork handle, simple and plain.

Resurrección:
    "Acordase, Miedo de Ruidos"
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Conductor maintains his humanoid appearance, but he grows two additional arms, and an apparently massive hump. He is capable of pulling out various instruments from under the, where the Hump is located. The Instruments are capable of producing massive bursts of sound, which the Conductor can use to produce various effects. As well, he still has his Baton in this form, continuin to release his Cero's from it.

Resurrection Special Ability: By dropping the Instruments, and tapping it with his Baton, he can summon a Player. These creatures, appearing to be shadowy creatures, vaguely humanoid in form, are intelligent, autonomous beings. However, they maintain constant contact with their master, something he interprets as a ‘symphony.’ They have varying powers, depending on the instrument they carry. For the most part, they are fairly weak, but they are apparently limitless in number.

The Players have many features in common. They are formed of shadow, the substance they are made being unsure. They are vaguely humanoid in shape, but can fool no one. They are intelligent, and autonomous, by gain all their desires and motivations from the conductor. They cannot speak (except for the Flautists, due to their special ability), They are uniformly attired in a black and white Dress Suit, with a Red Cummerbund and Bowtie. Any one of them is probably a bit less powerful then the average unseated Shinigami.

Instrument List

Strings
    Violins: They can generate focused blasts of sound with their instruments, similar in effect to Bala, though far less powerful.
    Violas: Their song slows the reflexes of those that listen, robbing them of speed.
    Cellos: The Cellists generate despair with their song, robbing the weak minded of their determination and drive.
    Double Bass: Can cause undulations in the ground, throwing the unwary from their feet.

Brass
    Horns: Siren’s Song. They are capable of stealing the will of the weakminded. Rarely effects anyone other then unempowered mortals, and cannot control more then one or two.
    Trumpets: Generate deafening blasts of sound, causing pain, and often deafening listeners.
    Trombones: Their song generates walls of sounds, blocking ways of approach ot their brethren
    Tuba: Similar to the Violins, but less forced. More in the nature of a wall of sound, knocking those weak enough to not break through it.

Woodwinds
    Flautists: Masters of speed, they possess little combat ability, acting as scouts instead, covering vast tracts of territory quickly. These are the only Players that can speak, but all they can do is relay the Conductors Voice.
    Clarinetists: Capable of completely concealing their presence, these are spies. Again, lack combat ability.
    Oboist: The Oboists are capable of measuring the Spiritual Power of anyone they see.
    Bassoonist: These are support players, strengthening the effect of the Song of those around them.

Percussionist
    The only group designed to directly engage foes in Melee. They wield Drumsticks like clubs, both blocking and attacking with them

Segunda Etapa:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not attained yet

Still attempting to solicit some comments on this fellow.
    Last edited by Tackyhillbillu; 2010-04-22 at 12:27 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Well. I might be misunderstanding, too.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding too like Kasanip but I had the impression as well that the central members would do some OOC mediating and voting on of general setting issues. I'm not sure this was super clearly stated though.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-04-22 at 12:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    The Hougyoku dosn't work the way we thought. Period. Go read the manga, and lets never bring the thing up again in our cannon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't work precisely the way we thought, but it wouldn't really change anything if we kept it in our game. As I understood it, it simply directs reality to work in favor of the desires of the people around it. It doesn't completely alter it.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-04-22 at 12:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It doesn't work precisely the way we thought, but it wouldn't really change anything if we kept it in our game. As I understood it, it simply directs reality to work in favor of the desires of the people around it. It doesn't completely alter it.
    Gah! SPOILER TAGS, MAN!

Seriously.

I've read it, but some haven't. Spoilers. Because this isn't a spoiler thread.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-22 at 12:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Omg I'm so sorry

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. It just passively grants everyone within radius the ability to cast Wish as a free action. Except the wish is not under complete control of the person.

Yeah... We are keeping it under the flawed assumption we had before today's chapter. And even with that vastly less insane version, there will be safety measures to ensure that no one is ever going to touch that thing.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-04-22 at 12:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah. It just passively grants everyone within radius the ability to cast Wish as a free action. Except the wish is not under complete control of the person.

Yeah... We are keeping it under the flawed assumption we had before today's chapter. And even with that vastly less insane version, there will be safety measures to ensure that no one is ever going to touch that thing.
    That sounds like a reasonable way to handle it, in-game.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say it's Wish cast subconsciously, but with a fairly benevolent DM.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-04-22 at 12:38 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable way to handle it, in-game.
    I had an unreasonable way to handle it too. Any character who speaks of it is visited by Von geister and is gutted on the spot. All witnesses receive Tumor Nervioso for proper, timely and continuous neuralization.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #120

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it quite works like a wish spell. It more works like a yet-to-be-fulfilled prophecy. Aizen mentioned it has the limitation of not being able to give power that an individual does not possess, simply manipulate things to work in favor of their desires.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2010-04-22 at 12:44 AM.