New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: BleachITP Reborn: Discussion & Setup Thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Innis put forward the idea that the Kido Corps would teach kido with a spiritual/mystical view while Darken said the 12th would do so in a more scientific way.
    That's...not exactly right.

Innis has given the KC a very mystical view of Kido. The KC is kind of the center of learning for Kido; they teach everyone, or nearly everyone.

The 12th doesn't teach Kido to anyone except maybe themselves. They do indeed have a very scientific view of the whole thing, mind.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    So? Kazuma would feel as though there is no point in playing if he doesn't have a good opponent!
    ...Uh. How much of a challenge are you expecting Kazuma to be?

I looked over his profile, and it didn't really mention him being a fan of such games, but I might have missed it...

But my point was that Masaru lives and breathes that kind of stuff. I'd volunteer, but I'd feel pretty confident in saying Masaru beats him consistently in the absolute minimum number of moves.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-05-30 at 12:17 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Awww, you didn't have to. It's OK if character introductions are a bit on the long side.

Then again, prior to BleachITP, I had a personal rule no RP post of mine could be shorter than three paragraphs.

EDIT: Leaving for movies shortly. Will wait for Kraz to do things with Kiku before continuing with fight between Karite and Hannibal, so little patience, Terry.
    I changed my mind, as I was playing Karite as a VC, not as what would be a NPC.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    That's...not exactly right.

Innis has given the KC a very mystical view of Kido. The KC is kind of the center of learning for Kido; they teach everyone, or nearly everyone.

The 12th doesn't teach Kido to anyone except maybe themselves. They do indeed have a very scientific view of the whole thing, mind.

Edit:...Uh. How much of a challenge are you expecting Kazuma to be?

I looked over his profile, and it didn't really mention him being a fan of such games, but I might have missed it...

But my point was that Masaru lives and breathes that kind of stuff. I'd volunteer, but I'd feel pretty confident in saying Masaru beats him consistently in the absolute minimum number of moves.
    It was added in his last profile draft... Odd, maybe I should see if I actually got to posting the right stuff.

Oh, I'm not disputing that Masaru would beat him hands down while drunk and moving his pieces with his feet, but Kazuma would insist until he managed to at least force Masaru to make one more move.

EDIT: It's mostly a slightly minor note at the end of his personality, so I'm not surprised you missed it.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-05-30 at 01:41 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    I changed my mind, as I was playing Karite as a VC, not as what would be a NPC.
    He can still spar with Hannibal. Just a bit later.

Also, remember to substract 200 from his age.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #365
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm deadtiming and escaping Sayuri's oncoming wrath as Kiku continues to tease her. I'm also going to a barbeque.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Rose View Post
    Oh look! It's Purple Rose!

Hi all! Sorry about the extended awayness. Life in the real world has kept me somewhat busy the last couple weeks. With any luck I should be able to get back to what really matters. Posting here. Unfortunately, I have no clue as to what is currently going on. <.< If somebody would like to fill me in, I would be much appreciative.
    We missed you!

Nothingclever summed it up rather well for the most part. Though the 4th teachs the Healing Arts (a subsection of Healing Kido) while everyone else is either shipped off, or the Kido Corp takes a day trip into Soul Society, to learn Kido.
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2010-05-30 at 04:02 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Just have to chime in to say this: playing young Sayuri is funfunfun!

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Neknoh! *glomps*

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGirl

Maaaybe just a little overkill with Kenichi there, but when your instructor wants you to stop screwing around... >,>

10. - Top - End - #370
    Halfling in the Playground

Neknoh, Neknoh...who are you again?

Just kidding!
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait. Isn't Akemi a girl's name?

Of course, that could lead to some very funny moments...

Is the Noble House one of the Four Great Houses?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #372
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Neknoh! *glomps*
    Deary dear, and here I was expecting to drift by relatively unnoticed until I started posting in the upcoming RP.

As said, I hope that I'll be able to get back in proper with only one character, I overextended myself in the previous (and still ongoing) Bleach ItP on multiple occasions, and together with life and various things, I just lost the time and inspiration needed. Did not even work properly in getting back with the movie, again, due to overextension and overplanning.

So, fresh character, fresh start, I might, or might not, start one more character, but we'll see about that.

Now, in other news.

EDIT 2: The spoilered part was pointless and quite a bit late, read it for own fun, but don't bother with it as a suggestion, since the issue's been resolved.

Spoiler
    Show
    What should be remembered about Kidou is that it is treated BOTH as something you get graded on AND as something mystical in the canon. We see Renji, Rukia, Momo and Kira all practicing against target dummies, much like an archery or shooting range. However, the chants are still there, calling the ancient ones as well as reffering what apear to be mythological sagas within the world of Soul Society.

What I could see would be a compromise, where the deeper meaning and background of Kido is veiled in mystery and tradition, but where the academical use of it HAS become more militarised. We can only assume that the citisens of Soul Society share a religion, at least MOST of the people entering the academy, as such, Kido will still have mystical and divine elements to it, however, it will not be as outspoken. The Corps themselves however, will likely delve deeper into this.

But in the academy, I take Kido as being more of something you learn and can, if you want to, delve deeper into the meaning of it, but I doubt there are theorhetical courses in the deeper meaning of the chants. Besides, truly mastering Kido REMOVES the chant it would seem.

As such, Kido within the Kido corps will still have a mystical and religious element to it, but the kido taught in the academy will not.

EDIT: Akemi does sound girly, now doesn't it? But I do believe that it is one of those either/or names, much like Kim (viatnamese) and Jane (american). Besides, if it is a girls name, with his looks and background as a Kabuki actor, I am honestly expecting people to call him princess, it's part of his character.

As for whether the house is one of the big four or one of the smaller, you'll have to ask Zarah.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2010-05-30 at 06:44 PM.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

*joins the glomping*
    That character description seems kind of familiar...
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: On your edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    Besides, if it is a girls name, with his looks and background as a Kabuki actor, I am honestly expecting people to call him princess, it's part of his character.
    Okay, now I know it's not a coincidence.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-05-30 at 06:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Dwarf in the Playground

But he isn't riding a VF 25F Super/Armour Pack equipped Valkyrie!

¤cough¤

I mean... I've never heard of him before ¤cough¤

But yeah, that's where I got the idea actually, although I'm taking his character in a different direction, it IS a nice base for one and I see no real need to change it.

Senna was, well, Senna and Rukia mixed together with a bit of Matsumoto in there.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2010-05-30 at 06:39 PM.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Needs moar love triangle.

*grabs Kasanip*
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-05-30 at 06:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #376

What should be remembered about Kidou is that it is treated BOTH as something you get graded on AND as something mystical in the canon. We see Renji, Rukia, Momo and Kira all practicing against target dummies, much like an archery or shooting range. However, the chants are still there, calling the ancient ones as well as reffering what apear to be mythological sagas within the world of Soul Society.

What I could see would be a compromise, where the deeper meaning and background of Kido is veiled in mystery and tradition, but where the academical use of it HAS become more militarised. We can only assume that the citisens of Soul Society share a religion, at least MOST of the people entering the academy, as such, Kido will still have mystical and divine elements to it, however, it will not be as outspoken. The Corps themselves however, will likely delve deeper into this.

But in the academy, I take Kido as being more of something you learn and can, if you want to, delve deeper into the meaning of it, but I doubt there are theorhetical courses in the deeper meaning of the chants. Besides, truly mastering Kido REMOVES the chant it would seem.

As such, Kido within the Kido corps will still have a mystical and religious element to it, but the kido taught in the academy will not.
    Now hold up. No offense meant here Neknoh, but we've already come up with a compromise for starters.

Secondly, yes, the mystic aspect is taught at the Acadamy outside of the Healing Arts (which is taught by the 4th and its their deal on how its taught). The Kido Corp is the group that teachs Kido over all.

As for mastery removing the chants. The chants arn't the mystic element. Sure they aid in it. But according to the Kido Corp, mastery and the removal of the chant means you are gaining perfected knowledge over Kido and have no need for outside foci.
    My Current Works

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Serves me right for picking random pages :p

Never saw the compromise being made, ergo, I suggested one.

And what I did mean by removing the chant was that the aspect will still be there, yes, but, the religious dedication to mythos and divinity is more spiritual than outspoken in the mastery of a technique.

EDIT:

Damn you prime, now you're turning into a triangle with a mother involved ><
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2010-05-30 at 06:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Orc in the Playground

*dropkicks Prime*

How many times do I have to remind you people to spoiler large images?
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    *dropkicks Prime*

You must have a tiny screen...

But I'll spoiler it anyway.

Damn you prime, now you're turning into a triangle with a mother involved ><
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-05-30 at 06:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380

Well, even in the Kido Corp write up it states the vast majority of the "religious elements" are there for show only now. So, really the Chants are just part of the formula for novice and intermediats alike. They're removal simply means you've gone up in skill.
    My Current Works

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm not sure how much we want to touch on the idea of religion, outside of very general statements such as "The Kido Corps has a very mystical view of Kido, and has an overarching belief in the Perfect Kido" and such. How prevalent such beliefs, or any other metaphysical beliefs, are, should be up to the greater whole of the community.

Certainly I'd be against ideas that make the 12th's more analytical and scientific view too harsh, too "against the grain". A looser definition of such things aids this.

22. - Top - End - #382

I wasn't pushing for it to be focused on. Nor will I. I was more then happy to let it stand where its stated.
    My Current Works

23. - Top - End - #383
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    *dropkicks Prime*

Y'know, I think I'll agree....*gnaws on Prime for not spoilering image*
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    I wasn't pushing for it to be focused on. Nor will I. I was more then happy to let it stand where its stated.
    That...was directed moreso at Neknoh than anyone. Just kind of...really emphasizing what you'd already said.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Dwarf in the Playground

EDIT: On your edit
    Okay, now I know it's not a coincidence.
    Hahaha, indeed it wasn't. The idea didn't strike me at first though, having planned something completely different at first, but then I stumbled across Zarah's character, and, with him on MSN, it was only a short while before the creation of a soifon for his noble was innitiated.

And Alto flew into my mind.

Btw, it does not need moar love triangle, I mean... Do You Remember Love? ¤bazing¤

EDIT: And already taken the kidou discussion to heart and listened to you guys and removed it from relevant discussion via spoiler if people still wanted to read it.
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2010-05-30 at 06:49 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Btw, it does not need moar love triangle, I mean... Do You Remember Love? ¤bazing¤
    I Do Not. By which I mean, Frontier is the only Macross series I've seen. And Kasanip is Ranka, I dare anyone to deny it. (green hair and everything! )

But if you wanted to play Alto we've got an app RP for that.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-05-30 at 06:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haha, oh dear.

Well, I would suggest viewing Do You Remember Love/Saga of Robotech then, that movie will provide you with realisation of how epic a certain moment in the last episode truly is.

And as said, I'm fine with the Alto inspired character really, preffer this new personality for him I think, I've got some ideas on where to take it as well.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey Neknoh. Hope you will be staying this time.

By the way, it says "Burn a few years after his beloved princess" in his background.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, he's a kinda hot character though ;)

Also, Prime, PM inbound

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Funny thing is, there's another Akemi in the play. Since she's an exile, I don't think changing the name is necessary, just noting it. It will be amusing if the characters will ever be discussed together.