New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] SAINT - The Assassin's Guild

[Security Room]

That, and I'm too lazy to go chase them down that hole.

Well, at least she's honest.

Say, Anya, what's the policy on us obtaining stuff for SAINT's use only? Stuff that isn't a job we get hired for?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

2. - Top - End - #452

[PHONE]

"Would you like to see?"

A feminine hand wearing a long, silky black glove reaches out from the receiver, attempting to grab hold of the foreman's head.

If successful...

"Uhn... you're so hard."

Johnson may be pulled into the phone.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

[Security Room]

"It would generally be highly encouraged really. The guild doesn't really impose limits on what you do in your spare time. Just that you attempt to participate in a contributory fashion. Gathering resources will most certainly be appreciated."

[Phone]

"Not particula-gah!"
    Johnson never stood a chance before getting sucked into the telephone.
    ... I hope the construction crew can handle setbacks like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Wherever Alex and Prince are, they might notice The Moff out of the corner of his eye, standing and glaring, holding a rather large shotgun. If/when they turn to face him, The Moff'll be gone, reappearing a few moments later, if only for an instant. Eventually, The Moff's disembodied voice can be heard. "You know, you're nothing but a bad idea. I'm thinking to myself, 'hey, Moff, you know what would really make my life simpler? If these clowns weren't here anymore'. So... how about ya'll just leave?"
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-11-03 at 11:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455

[Security Room]

Well, I know of a few things you might find interesting then. She reaches into a shadow on the wall for a moment, as if searching for something.

Aw, come on. I stuck it right on the table. She now puts her head and shoulders into the shadow, so that her lower half is still in the room.

After a moment, she comes back out, holding a manila folder. Figures, I left it on the other table.

So, wanna see what's inside?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Nite notices the foreman disappear into the phone. He slowly approaches it, picks it up, and says; "Hello?"

7. - Top - End - #457

Well, Prince was lying in a puddle of his own blood.... But tye very mention of Moff's name, much less his presence, i senough to make Price get up and start looking for weapons. Leave to where exactly? And more importantly how? I've been trying to leave for a bit in case you haven't noticed.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

The Moff, Cost in hand, materializes behind Prince and attempts to slam his head into the ground. Only too happy to oblidge. The Moff grabs Prince by the hair, and attempts to drag him through a portal.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Despite Prince being unconscious?
    Must have some real bad hate for the Moff there.

[Security Room]

"Whether I want to see what's inside depends entirely on what's inside." It's quite the conundrum.

((deadtime))
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #460

As the telephone swings back and forth, a terrible scratching noise resonates from it's insides. Very soon, it begins to shake and rumble, stopping all previous motions. It isn't until a boot sqeezes out of the receiver that it stops all sound and trembling entirely. That single, right boot is followed by a left, and then: pants. As the loins wave into existence via phone, several belts and a sash beneath follows. They clink a little until the vest is reached, with a lovely and ragged frock overtop. Next came a terrible cliche: the mask. It is rather trollish looking, but the raven feather wig adds charm. Now the hands--oh, they're stuck.

"Mmmm... I certainly have a big pickle if it cannot fit through this small hole."

Placing one boot upon the handle, this mass of clothes finally wedged out it's hands. In it's hands? The foreman's pretty little hat. Of course Molly, as introduced, would place the lovely thing upon it's head.

"Wheehee--"

Oh yes, the workforce. They do certainly deserve some relaxation time for all that hard work restoring the beautiful phonebooth...

"You are all ugly! GO AWAY!!"

Like a whip, Molly pulls an olde percussion gun from inside his coat. O lucky day it is to witness the use of such a precious item being waved above it's owner's head.

----------------

Amidst this brief scene, the foreman may find himself sitting at one of the beaches of Mauritius. There, beside him, he may find a lounger and a small table holding a single drink he most enjoys.

EDIT: Nite might be kicked in the face by accident...
    Last edited by Boo; 2010-11-03 at 11:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461

(There's a dimensional lock in effect, I don't think portals work.)

12. - Top - End - #462

[Security Room]

Ivaz sticks her tongue out at Anya, then tosses the folder down on the table.

Way to ruin my setup.

If Anya opens the folder, she'll find pictures of eleven people. Six male, five female. Each picture is attached to a paper giving their name and descriptions.

These are spirits from my reality that are kinda stuck here. Well, except for her. She points to a picture with a woman in a black leather jacket with short white hair and gray eyes. She's a different story.

Anywho, you could say they're elemental. We called them Bases, but, whatever.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

((Fair enough. How far does the spell extend outside of the room?))

Huh. Unable to access the Yellow Road. "Looks like we're gonna have to do this the harder way..." The harder way is The Moff banging Prince's head into the floor over and over again until he's unconscious, and dragging him out of the room.
    Last edited by Moff Chumley; 2010-11-03 at 11:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Barbarian in the Playground

((The AoE, as cast by Chaotic Bob's characer, is apparently of wide and great influence. If he were on, he would likely be able to say the distance with a more exacting description.))

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

And he is.

Nite falls back with a start and when he rises he says, "Do you mind explaining what just happened?"

16. - Top - End - #466

Prince just steps backwards, dodging the blow. You know what? I'm done with this. I am done with playing around just to give you a fair chance. I am done with tolerating your idiocy, your ignorance and arrogance. I am done with allowing you to treat evil as a joke. Allow me to demonstrate why I was never concerned with you "taking away" my powers. You see, I took them away myself long before. Prince says, his book appearing in hand. I am done allowing you to exist. With this he opens the book, and a golden glow that any Exalted would find disturbingly familiar surrounds him.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2010-11-04 at 11:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467

[Phonebooth]

A quizzical gesture, and a shrewd upward point indicate this small giant is about to say something...

"There is no sky!"

What a glorious discovery!

Bending and extending it's arms, Molly spins slowly while looking upways, downways, sideways, longways, and every other way you care to remember from the Glass Elevator. I needn't mention that there is no movement of the legs; simply the turning of the torso.

"I do not know what IS happening, but I do know that I was expecting a cloud to wink at me."

With a last turn, the mask's smile shifts downward. Not even the cameras caught that switch!

"And I forgot Mr. Tibbs..."

A pause...

"WHERE IS MY CLOUD?!"

Molly stomps toward Nite, intending to give him the eye an inch from his face.

I would suggest giving this nimbophile a picture of a cloud winking, but who am I to interfere?

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

"A cloud winking?" Nite suddenly looks up at the sky, "Look there, it's winking at you right now." He points up. He quickly uses a bit of mind magic to attempt to make Molly believe him.

19. - Top - End - #469

With a twirl and a new smile, Molly has seen the light.

*wink*

I should mention Molly's height at this point, as the hand of this NBA-sized being tries to tilt Nite's head.

"Look! I think she likes you!" Waving a hand in front of it's nose, "Dearest stranger, why don't you talk to her? You may be ugly, but it is the guttywuts that count, yes?" That was literal, but still true.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, but how can you know if I'm ugly if you can't see my face?" Nite asks.

(see avatar for reference)

21. - Top - End - #471

"I know it is hard for you not-me's to accept, but let us face the facts... you are not pretty at all."

This statement is swiftly followed by a soft pat on the back. Were the gun from earlier not put away, this may have hurt.

"But look on the bright side, my strange friend: the sky likes you."

Of course Molly motions to the ceiling.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um, yes of course." Nite says, sounding very confused. "Might I ask where you came from?"

23. - Top - End - #473

"The phone of course!"

Oh come on! You walked right into that one! Or rather... it walked right into you. Good thing you were wearing that helmet, eh?

I'll probably log off now. Very tired. Feel free to ditch Molly for someone more sensible. This cat'll probably scoot off in a random direction to explore the wonders of SAINT.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"Well it was a pleasure to meet you, but I really must be going." With that Nite enters the elevator.

[Kitchen]

Nite kicks up his feat and has a short nap.

((Deadtime))

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Prince just steps backwards, dodging the blow. You know what? I'm done with this. I am done with playing around just to give you a fair chance. I am done with tolerating your idiocy, your ignorance and arrogance. I am done with allowing you to treat evil as a joke. Allow me to demonstrate why I was never concerned with you "taking away" my powers. You see, I rook them away myself long before. Prince says, his book appearing in hand. I am done allowing you to exist. With this he opens the book, and a golden glow that any Exalted would find disturbingly familiar surrounds him.
    I thought Dimension lock blocked such things as book summoning.
    Of course, it also shows that Prince is just a really bad sport. Not like he wouldn't get reincarnated into a butterfly or something.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Security Room]

Ivaz sticks her tongue out at Anya, then tosses the folder down on the table.

Way to ruin my setup.

If Anya opens the folder, she'll find pictures of eleven people. Six male, five female. Each picture is attached to a paper giving their name and descriptions.

These are spirits from my reality that are kinda stuck here. Well, except for her. She points to a picture with a woman in a black leather jacket with short white hair and gray eyes. She's a different story.

Anywho, you could say they're elemental. We called them Bases, but, whatever.
    Anya peruses the files she's been given. "I see. And what makes these spirits or 'Bases' as you say, special enough to warrant attention?"

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Amidst this brief scene, the foreman may find himself sitting at one of the beaches of Mauritius. There, beside him, he may find a lounger and a small table holding a single drink he most enjoys.
    Johnson looks around. And hmphs a bit.
    But takes it in stride and just lies down and enjoys the drink. It's not like he'll be able to get back on his own anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I thought Dimension lock blocked such things as book summoning.
    Of course, it also shows that Prince is just a really bad sport. Not like he wouldn't get reincarnated into a butterfly or something.
    Well, I could have said he takes it out of his bag, but this is more awesome. Also, Moff isn't a SAINT member as far as I know, so Prince isn't cheating. Were he a bad sport he would never have sealed the majority of his powers away to give people a fair chance against him. And he's not immortal at the moment, thanks to Moff.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Pixie in the Playground

How did the Moff get here? Doesn't matter if he is trying to kill Alex because...

"We are losing Pyborne, sir. His state is too critical."

"That doesn't concern me, you know what to do."

"But he is on our team...yes, sir."

The robots attempt to wheel Alex into another chamber of the ship where they begin to drain what little life he has left into the machine, whose engine is sputtering from the effect of water dousing it and being unable to proceed due to the stone surrounding it. It was able to turn by tilting the drill in the desired direction via the gyros in the sphere attaching it to the air vessel.

It now attempts to cause an energy alteration around the vehicle, draining Alex to make the vessel temporarily intangible until they are out of the locked area, then they will attempt to port out.

The Abominations left on the surface attempt to slay the construction crew and Nite (if there are any Abominations left) by attacking with their swords.

Moff might find electricity shooting from the walls at him, seeing as he is an uninvited guest. Scar is also tossing a sound blocking helmet to Prince as he puts one on himself. It should shroud the wearer with a sound resistant barrier.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground

If the machine was going intangible, then the only rational way of doing so would be a field projection system. Otherwise, the machine itself would simply flicker and leave the crew lost somewhere and potentially out of luck or the hull itself would be left behind, creating a good possibility, nay, probability of massive damage to just about every superstructure in the ship damage.

As such it was perhaps quite possible that Ghoul had been taken along for the ride to intangibility. She was still doing her best to burn an access hole into the hull but she didn't feel particularly rushed about doing so. It was more just so she would be able to have a firmer foothold. That and the electricity made her skin itch even though it wasn't outright damaging.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Uleryunabil frowns faintly, as he watches the ship make its escape.
    "Master Ryu?"
    "I believe our job is done here, the rest can be left to Galinai and the other individual.

As the ship flees, the mage mutters a word, whereupon a small trace of energy is released, off to latch onto the temporal stamp of the ship, its occupants, and ghoul, that little disruption in time that all objects in creation leave.
    A fancy scent marker, in a way.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #480

Thank Moradin Prince has protection from magic, having an epic level wizard tracking you is bad luck.