New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Shipping VI: Where Everyone Gets To Be On Top

Just a short one I kinda threw together...

Little Red Rabbit Hood
    RabbitHoleLost/Wolfbane
    Spoiler
    Show
    Smiling to herself, Rabbit skipped happily down the path to Uncle Ghost’s house. A brand-new, scarlet cloak fluttered behind her in the brisk spring breeze. In her arms, she cradled an over-stuffed picnic basket, full of goodies.

Warm afternoon light filtered down through the trees, highlighting the millions of tiny, green buds on the trees and bushes. By all accounts, this would be a summer of plenty for the many farmers and ranchers in the area. Though they’d come early, many of the spring lambs were already strong and frolicking amongst themselves, watched carefully by the shepherds.

It was these very shepherds that had set Wolfbane’s sights on other prey. Normally, the werewolf would have been content to snatch a lamb or two for the season, but the vigilant shepherds had caught sight of him and chased him off far too many times for his liking.

And so, from the shallow shadows, Wolfbane watch Rabbit as she made her way to her uncle’s. It was a long journey and Wolfbane could hardly believe his luck catching such a succulent young girl left all alone out in the woods; out where nobody would be around to hear her screams.

He trailed her as she ventured deeper and deeper into the woods. He could barely contain his excitement, drooling all over himself at the thought of her delicious, juiciness. Catching himself, he sheepishly wiped his chin and smacked his lips.

Rabbit froze; then turned towards where he was hiding in the bushes behind her. Somehow, she’d heard him.

He scowled at first, the shrugged. What did it matter if she’d found him out. She was far too deep in the woods for anyone to help her now. He stepped out of the bushes, grinning hungrily.

She turned and ran down the path.

He followed, laughing to himself at the excitement and pleasure of a good hunt.

She suddenly veered off the path, heading down into a small ravine, perhaps hoping to lose him in the underbrush.

He followed, his keen sense of smell more than compensating for the brief moments he lost sight of her.

Then, suddenly, she stopped and turned.

Though somewhat bewildered he continued to close in on her, walking slowly.

She breathed heavily for a few moments, then drew a long, curved knife from inside the basket. She smiled and dropped the basket, a number of spice jars rolling out of it where it fell.

“Oh! Going to put up a fight? This should be fun,” Wolfbane said.

Rabbit whistled. “Okay, girls, c’mon out!”

Down the sides of the ravine slid Rabbit’s sister, Happy Turtle, and three of their cousins - Brandi, DeeRee, and Crazy Crista. Each of the girls carried a wicked-looking knife or cleaver. The blades glinted in the flickering light cast through the breeze-tossed branches above.

“Mmmm. Werewolf Surprise,” Brandi said.

“Yeah, just the thing to hit the spot on a spring day like today,” DeeRee agreed.

“And it’ll probably do wonders for Uncle Ghost’s arthiritis,” Turtle added.

Crazy Crista merely grinned madly, as usual, and licked the blade of her filleting knife.

Wolfbane gulped as the girls closed in on him. He hoped that the blades were silver so it’d at least go quickly when they began chopping him apart.

They weren’t.
    Last edited by ghost_warlock; 2009-01-31 at 06:49 AM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Bugbear in the Playground

Attention: A small child is lost, and is looking for Rutskarn's permission. I repeat; a small child is lost, and is looking for Rutskarn's permission!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

"Gasp... Wheeze... Meow shipping Inc. is proud to present another Reinholdt-flavored ship. This special occasion, Reinholdt. Yes the long awaited backstory is here."
    "And it sucks. You know I really don't think you're supposed to actually say gasp and wheeze."
    "Coughs. Well, yes, moving on..."
    "Or coughs. You're supposed to do, not say. It just doesn't work like that!"
    "Glare."
    "There you go again. Man you really do suck. Can't even get down your onomatopoeias."
    "Cry."
    "Now that's one I can get behind. Let’s get it started already. You’re long winded enough as it is."

Narrator’s Notes Pre-reading:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well here it is, finally. The long backstory of Reinholdt. It’s the longest story I’ve ever written and certainly the most in-depth character I’ve ever made. It is indeed a ship, though the only character is Reinholdt (sorry ladies and gents, being narcissistic tonight). It’s not very good. It doesn’t have nearly the detail that I’d like, since I’m still bad at details. Though if I added appropriate detail, it’d probably be twice the size it is now, so I figure I’d best save everyone THAT headache.

Because yes. It’s long. Very long. I’ve exceed the post character limit. Twice Three times with color. I cut it up into chapters to make it easier to read. But despite it’s length and it’s poor quality, I want to ask you something.

Please read it? For me?

I worked really hard on it. It explains a lot of Reinholdt’s motivations in both Redemption and Free Form RP (I’ll explain the divergence at the very end, but it occurs after the end of this story.) Yes I could summarize his whole life in a paragraph or two. But I felt that wasn’t enough to truly convey him and what he’s been through. So I made this in hopes that somewhere in it, understanding could be transferred to the reader.

Note. All the details and scenes come from Reinholdt’s memories. So don’t expect to see any back-scene plotting, nor what other characters are thinking beyond what Reinholdt thinks they’re thinking. In fact, the whole thing probably would have been better in first person. But I'm NOT rewriting it all. At least not right now.

Secondary note. Though there are many similarities between the worlds, please remember this is an entirely different place with different customs. It was fun trying to make up what the little kitties would do differently. But I also didn't want to make a whole new world after all, as that'd take forever. All the same, don't balk at some of the disparities. A few world notes:

Russian Blues-leads a conglomerate of other breeds in the nation of Immoren. Rife with strife due to clashing cultures, this once great and united is now barely being held together amongst political skullduggery
    Siamese Clan-They war against Immoren. They have a few non-siamese, but nowhere near the mix of Immoren and the Russian Blues.
    Persians-A breed known for their innate magical abilities, something most every other breed lacks. Relatively few, they usually keep to themselves and out of the affairs of the world.
    Medicine-Has advanced faster than weaponry and technology in this world. Yes sometimes technology and medicine go hand in hand but not always. In some ways they are more primitive than ours, but in many ways more advanced as well.

Anyways, I’ll shut up now and let you get started. More comments at the end of it all.

Reinholdt Part 1
    Reinholdt/No one else you know
    Chapter 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snipped for copyright*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-06 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt Part 2
    Chapter 5
    Spoiler
    Show
    *snipped for copyright*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-06 at 12:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt Part 3
    Chapter 11
    Spoiler
    Show

*snipped for copyright*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-06 at 12:12 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt Part 4
    Chapter 15
    Spoiler
    Show

*snipped for copyright*

Narrator’s Notes Post-reading:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well there it is. All done. Bet you’re kind of wondering what happened from there. Maybe not. But Calublufiok and Reinholdt went on to destroy several universes, Calublufiok doing so simply to gain pleasure from exerting his power over others, Reinholdt doing so out of the belief that oblivion was the only way to end people’s pain, and hopefully one day his own. Calublufiok abused Reinholdt as well, especially when he was displeased, but a lifetime of knowing nothing but left him somewhat desensitized to it.

Reinholdt did, however, prove himself integral many a times to Calublufiok. His skills as a cat in sneaking, being cute, and his skill with his rifle were invaluable in many an apocalypse. Especially in that all paladin and clerics holy universe. Eventually he learned from Calublufiok some fast talk and some small useful spells. Reinholdt’s species actually lives a surprisingly long time, though Calublufiok certainly interfered a number of times.

In Redemption, he eventually came across Mordokai and group. Through a series of adventures and thwarted doomsday attempts currently not chronicled, Mordokai and others finally managed to turn Reinholdt back to the side of good by showing him true friendship and destroying the star. Calublufiok’s fate in that is unknown. This is why Reinholdt was so devastated at Mordokai’s fall.

In terms of Free-form RP, well, Reinholdt arrived and is currently where he is now. Still working for Calublufiok and unwilling to believe that Calublufiok is doing true harm to him.

You can pity the quasi-suicidal cat. But he is still guilty of being a traitor to his people and genocide. Worse really. One could definitely make a good case for temporary insanity. But it was still his choice, though one would wonder if anyone would be strong enough to make a different one in his situation. As for after his own universe? Well that’s far more muddied. The only thing I know for certain is that he is living walking torture. His every waking moment is a nightmare and his dreams are worse. I sometimes wonder how he functions at all.

As for the story itself. Shifting forms is a concept I would have liked to explore more thoroughly, but I put that mostly in there to set up plot points in various places later (no such plans are in place for Redemption).

I regret not being able to play with Rhyas more. She sounds like a fun character to use. I might do something with her latter, but I doubt it.

And poor Bouridor died before the story even started. Character death during character creation. Unlucky sap.

Some of those scenes were particularly hard to write. Due to lack of experience and/or ideas of how they should happen. Especially the happy scenes/dating scenes. Though, I knew I needed to give Reinholdt just one pure sweet scene which didn't really advance the plot, instead building it up(the lake scene). The hardest of all was the wedding itself. Hadn't a clue with that one. Even tried to do some research, though it was rough going. It turned out ok, I guess (horrible, absolutely horrible), but probably should have been longer.

Anyways, that’s it. I hope you didn’t find it completely unenjoyable.

Character List
    Spoiler
    Show
    Reinholdt
    Irusk
    Zevanna
    Tabitha
    Vygor
    Generic Soldier
    Max
    Frank
    Tom
    Calublufiok
    Pool Hall Employee
    Pool Hall Girl
    Pool Hall Guy
    Chaplain
    Rhyas-not speaking/appearing
    Bouridor-not speaking/appearing/living

*looks*
    Yeah, I've been concentrating on this for the last couple of weeks. I'm going to go watch a movie now or something.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-08-06 at 12:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Wow.

I read all that in one go.

This could be cleaned up and worked into a novel. Srsly. Very very good.

*huggles the poor apocalyptic kitteh*
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Simply amazing.
    I don't think it's physically possible for me to put what I want to say next into words.
    I agree whole-heartedly with Turtle here, that could be made into a very good, possibly even best-selling novel.
    This avatar pierces the heavens and is by Miss Nobody!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

*rubs eyes*

Of all the backstories I dig up, I get the really long one. But it was good, nonetheless.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Umbrella View Post
    Attention: A small child is lost, and is looking for Rutskarn's permission. I repeat; a small child is lost, and is looking for Rutskarn's permission!
    Ah, lovecraftia. You are a cruel mistress.

Make it so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

I might be able to make it into a novel, but definitely not a best-seller. I know I've considered it. Adding details, scenes for more character depth, more intertwining plot, maybe even give Rhyas a scene or two beyond a vague mention.

But I think I've scared myself away a little bit. It was troublesome writing that much as it is.

I can only imagine the pains Cristo puts himself through.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I'll do my best to answer.

Edit: And don't forget to read Mordokai's and Ghost Warlock's ships above mine! They're both very good.
    >>
    <<
    I totally want to get in on Mordokai's ship. *pencils in smexy catboy skinny dipping with Flora*
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2009-01-31 at 01:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Very good.

Makes me think Turtle is a sadistic freak for reviving him after Rasskhazz allowed larva to eat his insides.

Mordokai's was also very interesting, and what can I say, I love cliffhangers.

Still have to read GW's.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #463
    Firbolg in the Playground

So while I was gone, did FF Fanboy create any more creepy fanfics with me in them? Is he even still here?
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    So while I was gone, did FF Fanboy create any more creepy fanfics with me in them? Is he even still here?
    /pops in.
    I think he left....
    /dissapears from the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Fan's wasn't the creepy one. Nil's was.

Yes, Fan's still here, but I don't think you were shipped in your absence.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

Ghost: Awwww yeaaaah. Noone picks on little girls in our forest
    I'm glad to see something from you
    Rein: D=
    I feel awful for liking Calublufiok.
    Poor kitty v.v

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts.
    You have too many words in your head.
    There are too many ways to describe the way you feel.
    You will never have the luxury of a dull ache.
    You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much"

— Iain S. Thomas

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

*finds his last finger and reattaches it*
    @Ghost: Man that hurts.

@Reinholdt: Wow, you must have been working on that for a long time. Well done.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, finished reading Ghost_Warlock's.

Must say, sorry wolfbane, but I smirked in the end.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Okay, finished reading Ghost_Warlock's.

Must say, sorry wolfbane, but I smirked in the end.
    Didn't we all though.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Whether it be impossible or laughable, Great men open up paths of battle! If there's a wall, we break it down! If there's no path, we'll make one with these hands! The heart's magma burns with flames!"

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

20. - Top - End - #470

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Fan's wasn't the creepy one. Nil's was.

Yes, Fan's still here, but I don't think you were shipped in your absence.
    Nils had a creepy one?
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

I think you repressed the memory, dear.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Nil makes some of the creepier ones.

Two words:

Turtle Soup.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ettin in the Playground

And in that we see the dark side of Saint Nil.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

24. - Top - End - #474

Oh god it's horrifying! I completely forgot that one. I am not going to sleep well tonight.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh god it's horrifying! I completely forgot that one. I am not going to sleep well tonight.
    I know how to make you sleep
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #476

Quote Originally Posted by Fredthefighter View Post
    I know how to make you sleep
    I'm sure you're implying something, but for some reason it's completely gone over my head
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sure you're implying something, but for some reason it's completely gone over my head
    Don't make me bring up, the memory again.
    Spoiler
    Show

By Recaiden.
    Inner Circle

28. - Top - End - #478

Don't make me bring up, the memory again.
    Yeah, but that won't make me sleep.
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

29. - Top - End - #479
    Bugbear in the Playground

And in that we see the dark side of Saint Nil.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rogers
    "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mother Teresa
    If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Nil makes some of the creepier ones.

Two words:

Turtle Soup.
    Psh, obviously I need to write something like Poison or Psycho Circus again. Seems you've forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by YPU View Post
    Real life doesn’t happen, it surprises you like a trap of a CR way above your level.