New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "I too like to destroy beehives with nuclear weapons!" Mundane problem; crazy ans

Quote Originally Posted by Deadkitten View Post
    Add sculpt spell to fimbulwinter. Problem solved...kinda.
    Except that Sculpt Spell reduces the area from 1 mile/level radius to something which people could just stroll out of.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: "I too like to destroy beehives with nuclear weapons!" Mundane problem; crazy ans

Quote Originally Posted by nedz View Post
    Except that Sculpt Spell reduces the area from 1 mile/level radius to something which people could just stroll out of.
    Fine, Mastery of Shaping then.
    White is my color for internal monologue. (without the black highlight, of course)

Judge's choice in the Pathfinder Grab Bag XIX
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatar by the ever-brilliant Ceika

Paizocarnum - A 3.p update of Incarnum, now in PDF!
    The Beastmaster: Master of Beasts! (Pathfinder homebrew class)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

NPC charging too much for a particular magic item? Use infinite gold tricks and but out his store, as well as every other store on the plane. Now you never have to worry about price twice over (once for infinite gold, twice for owning all stores everywhere).

Need to climb a 10 ft high ledge? Buy a 10 ft ladder! Cause who ever really carries one of those things around anyway?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AnonymousPepper View Post
    In all fairness, Athas is so screwed up that there really is no measure too extreme for that.
    Yeah, but I like that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    There's a reason why we bap your nose, not crucify you, for thread necromancy.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by malonkey1 View Post
    Fine, Mastery of Shaping then.
    Or maybe putting that Explosive Spell shenanigan on some other 1st level AoE spell with a different AoE.
    Que tous les anciens dieux et les nouveaux protègent la France.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam K View Post
    Sun Tzu never had tier problems. If he had to deal with D&D, the Art of War would read "Full casters or GTFO".
    Quote Originally Posted by King Louis XIII in The Musketeers
    Common sense is for commoners, not for [ PC ].

6. - Top - End - #66

ClericGuy

The temperature in the room is a bit too warm. Obviously, the solution is Fimblwinter.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

In a mountain after a cave-in.

MY STATS OFF THE ELITE ARRAY:
    Str: 14 Dex: 8 Con: 12 Int: 15 Wis: 10 Cha: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock_Summoner View Post
    I wish I had you for a DM...
    Please critique my 5e Beguiler Wizard subclass!

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...izard-Subclass

7. - Top - End - #67

There's an exam today. Didn't study. Control Weather four miles radius tornado. School's closed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanos View Post
    The professionally offended will always find something to be angry about.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raven777 View Post
    There's an exam today. Didn't study. Control Weather four miles radius tornado. School's closed!
    I wish I could do that... no more midterms
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    I wish I could do that... no more midterms
    I don't suppose you could send that my way and cancel my econ final?
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

We were told that a very large warg was haunting a particular forest. We burned the forest down because the druid's player was away that week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

so that's why it's snowing. thanks!
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

12. - Top - End - #72

I just got turned into a vampire in the most ass backward way possible, by my own vampire-in-a-can gone berserk no less, but it fits the theme of the thread.

Paladin: We need to pay to raise your mistress and then pay to restore the strength drain she was under before that.
    Familiar: No!
    *One Speak With Dead later*
    Paladin: Your mistress wants to become an undead abomination to save on bills?
    Familiar: Yes!
    Last edited by Raven777; 2014-11-16 at 11:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Halfling in the Playground

RangerGuy

DM doesn't interpret the rule like you do and shuts down your plan to break the game?
    Need something extra to build that character you really want but DM won't agree?
    Want to stop a player from abusing a rile/loophole that makes the game boring, but the DM allows it?

1. Acquire a rulebook, preferably one that's allowed but noone ever uses, either in pdf or a physical copy.
    1a. If in physical form, painstakingly make high quality, perfect copies of ALL the pages AND covers.
    2. Pay your graphic design friend to Photoshop a slight rule change/massive rewrite of your choice.
    3. Pay a printer/publisher/book binder to print out the altered book in high quality color using heavyweight glossy paper, make a realistic hardback cover, and professionally bind it using the same method as your chosen book.
    4. Use altered book(s) to warp the game in your favor
    5. Prepare for book-related head injury and/or loss of friends

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    so that's why it's snowing. thanks!
    I just realized that it was, fellow Texan. Rather odd. Seems like we may need to cast Ice Galleon to get to wherever we're going, since we both know Texans can't drive in snow.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    I just realized that it was, fellow Texan. Rather odd. Seems like we may need to cast Ice Galleon to get to wherever we're going, since we both know Texans can't drive in snow.
    doesn't matter much since everything'll be closed as a result of no one knowing how to drive in the snow.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Iron Chef Medals!

16. - Top - End - #76

How do we fix no Texan knowing how to drive in the snow?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gonna go with Mindrape.
    Rudisplorker of the faith, true Rudisplorker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Because Pun-pun was on the road to ultimate power first, and he hates your guts.
    Extended Sig

I'm a template!

And an artifact!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

mindrape.

lots and lots of mindrape.
    avatardonebymememememememememeeeeeeeeeee

Julian, it's a hungry world
    They're gonna eat you alive son, yeah
    Oh Julian, when their fangs sink in
    I'll stitch you but then I gotta throw you back in

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    .... what the **** is that?! That's not a spiked chain; that's some Klingon bullcrap! Who the hell drew that?! How are you supposed to use that without stabbing yourself?!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis013 View Post
    doesn't matter much since everything'll be closed as a result of no one knowing how to drive in the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by torrasque666 View Post
    Gonna go with Mindrape.
    Quote Originally Posted by commander panda View Post
    mindrape.

lots and lots of mindrape.
    Yeah. Cause nothing bad could possibly come from [PRE-REDACTED].
    Last edited by Phelix-Mu; 2014-11-16 at 11:54 PM.
    In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

You're Tippy's fluffy cousin...

20. - Top - End - #80

Wipe out true Scotsmen everywhere.

Use Wish to replicate Prestidigitation on every Scotsman in the world, to sugar their porridge.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
    How does this work already?

What are fimbulwinters?
    Imagine if the second law of thermodynamics was reversed.

Now imagine that effecting an area 80 miles in diameter.

For 10 years.

that's correct. so where does the debate come in, exactly?
    Short answer: The rule isnt written to function for anything but wizards, fireball, and wizards casting fireball. Exploits are by definition that, holes in the rules. Its the fact that the rule is worded so poorly as to not function.

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Yeah, but I like that one.
    meh, i only killed Athas, 75% chance of having restored the sun (we do have AN issue with that but that comes down to exact rules we dont know), and delayed the issue of defiling for several million/billion years.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

It seems to me a sculpted fumblewinter would be the perfect way to keep your drink cold on a tropical beach, or a full sized one if you sit on the edge of the spell effect.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGuy

This actually happened in a session.

*Party encounters locked door*

Options Available:
    A) Rogue with lock picking
    B) Any party member with obvious tools scattered around
    C) 10 barrels of explosives

... of course the party selected explosives first, after learning there was something sentient behind the door.
    My top question a DM should ask:
    "Why?"

So it isn't lost...MitD Turaglas Analysis

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Yomega View Post
    It seems to me a sculpted fumblewinter would be the perfect way to keep your drink cold on a tropical beach, or a full sized one if you sit on the edge of the spell effect.
    I prefer the spell frostfell for my drink-refrigerating purposes.

Nothing against fimbulwinter of course (great spell), but nothing spells "STYLE" like having a flesh-to-iced marilith as my drink holder (she can hold up to six drinks!). When my drink gets too warm, I can just shave a bit of ice off her ass. Problem solved.

The bigger issue is the supply of mariliths. Every time I go looking for one now, they all overreact and toss whole armies at me. *sigh*

Hehe.

I don't always drink cold drinks, but when I do, I prefer frostfell'd ones.

In my dreams, I am currently a druid 20/wizard 10/arcane hierophant 10/warshaper 5. Actually, after giving birth to a galaxy by splitting a black hole, level is no longer relevant.

Extended Sigbox

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    I've never been able to put my finger on how to describe you Phelix, but I think I have an idea now.

You're Tippy's fluffy cousin...

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

King trying to feed a hungry populace? (or just a parent of a teenage boy) Capture the tarrasque, use one of many techniques to subdue it (there was a thread recently that talked about this) and carve up infinite tarrasque burgers! You now have an unending supply of regenerating meat that won't eat you for a while at least. Just make sure to cook it well, we don't want to have a case of exploding indigestion.
    May all praise the oh so glorious, oh so benevolent oh so androgynous Sam!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamsDisciple View Post
    King trying to feed a hungry populace? (or just a parent of a teenage boy) Capture the tarrasque, use one of many techniques to subdue it (there was a thread recently that talked about this) and carve up infinite tarrasque burgers! You now have an unending supply of regenerating meat that won't eat you for a while at least. Just make sure to cook it well, we don't want to have a case of exploding indigestion.
    Get a d2 crusader to knock it down to negative infinity. It doesn't matter if rolling for damage causes the crusader to glitch out and freeze up; that tarrasque isn't ever waking up.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Get a d2 crusader to knock it down to negative infinity. It doesn't matter if rolling for damage causes the crusader to glitch out and freeze up; that tarrasque isn't ever waking up.
    Unless a crazy mystic theurge worshipping a god of death and destruction decides to Teleport Through Time the Tarrasque to an era where humans barely could talk, kill it, raise it, and then see it easily crush our civilization.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Entries have been posted for the newest round of Junkyard Wars. Are YOU the judge we need? And while you're there, vote for the next round!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

28. - Top - End - #88

NinjaGuy

problem: Need to get from the bottom of the grand stair case to the top.
    solution: Make enough ice assassins of Punpun to instantly make (by hand and without magic) and carry a litter of your design. Have them lift you into the litter and position you comfortably, carry you up to the top, they take you out of the litter. Then have them fight to the death for the honor of opening the door.
    I reserve the right to be wrong and will use that right whenever it happens

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lightlawbliss View Post
    problem: Need to get from the bottom of the grand stair case to the top.
    solution: Make enough ice assassins to fill the staircase completely, and have them lift you through/over their bodies to the top
    Fixed that for you.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed that for you.
    There would be one long staircase just going up,
    And one even longer coming down,
    And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

That's what casting's all about.

Iron Chef Medals!