New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Edgar strokes his moustache and then asks "Five years ago, that's not too long at all. Who founded your village and how did you come here? What's more...who found the water?"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Altair

"I noticed the gravesite over there, and thought it odd to have only a single one. Is this village that new?"
    "No! We have a graveyard. A kid must've buried his pet dog or something."

3. - Top - End - #723

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Edgar strokes his moustache and then asks "Five years ago, that's not too long at all. Who founded your village and how did you come here? What's more...who found the water?"
    "No, we've been here for ever...there's an underground river that feeds the tree."

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar-
    "This underground river...how can we get down to it?"

5. - Top - End - #725

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar-
    "This underground river...how can we get down to it?"
    He thinks furiously.

"Well...it's not really possible. I think the entrance is miles and miles away."

6. - Top - End - #726
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar

"How about if we go down the well?"

7. - Top - End - #727

SwashbucklerGuy

He looks shocked. Eventually he answers

"oh, it's too thin, you wouldn't fit."

8. - Top - End - #728
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar "I..I...A..Tchoo!" He pulls out a small kercheif and blows his nose on it vigourously, then puts it away.
    "Excuse me. Do you or anyone else here know how we could get to the entrance to the underground river?"

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

[OOC] Oliver's waiting to see if Marcado attempts to climb the tree.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, sorry for the delay.

With his Long Sword sheathed on his belt, and his shield hooked over his shoulders/back, Marcado slips off his backpack. He then takes to the tree climbing, being as gentle and "respectable" to the tree as he can, reflecting his people's affinity for trees and the woods in general.

"Please forgive my footing for the moment gentle giant. I merely ask the help of your great arms, as support while I view this surrounding land from the grand view to which you are so accustomed", he whispers softly as he begins to ascend the great tree.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-11-04 at 01:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar "I..I...A..Tchoo!" He pulls out a small kercheif and blows his nose on it vigourously, then puts it away.
    "Excuse me. Do you or anyone else here know how we could get to the entrance to the underground river?"
    [so you're in the tavern?]

They stare at you, as they have no idea what you're talking about.

12. - Top - End - #732

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oops, sorry for the delay.

With his Long Sword sheathed on his belt, and his shield hooked over his shoulders/back, Marcado slips off his backpack. He then takes to the tree climbing, being as gentle and "respectable" to the tree as he can, reflecting his people's affinity for trees and the woods in general.

"Please forgive my footing for the moment gentle giant. I merely ask the help of your great arms, as support while I view this surrounding land from the grand view to which you are so accustomed", he whispers softly as he begins to ascend the great tree.
    You climb the tree easily, and see what you can see. In one direction lie the farmlands you've passed through, and then the walled city that was your home. Beyond that, thick forest. You know there are more cities somewhere in that direction, but you certainly can't see them.

In the other direction, the desert soon begins. The bronze walls of Karsh shine impassively in the sun.

You notice that the desert isn't completely empty. There are a couple of clusters of buildings, and what look like a group of people moving across the dunes.

You look over the roofs of the village. All seems normal. For some reason, your gaze lingers on the village temple.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-05 at 10:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

SwashbucklerGuy

[Thomas, you feel like you might be up to moving a bit more now]

14. - Top - End - #734
    Bugbear in the Playground

Altair

"Interesting. That's some potent stuff, how much for a couple of flasks?"

15. - Top - End - #735

SwashbucklerGuy

Altair

"Interesting. That's some potent stuff, how much for a couple of flasks?"
    "It's one gold for a pint. I can pour it into a flask for you, but you'll have to provide your own flask."

16. - Top - End - #736
    Halfling in the Playground

Thomas

Wakes up and, after some effort, manages at last to sit up some. Whooooey! I've never been floored by one drink before... Amazing! Notices Altair in the place. Go on, have a pint, it'll blow your mind!

17. - Top - End - #737
    Bugbear in the Playground

Altair

"Hmm, I don't seem to have one... Know of anywhere to buy such things?"

18. - Top - End - #738
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    [so you're in the tavern?]

They stare at you, as they have no idea what you're talking about.
    [No, he's still talking to the peasant who told him about the underground river.]

19. - Top - End - #739

SwashbucklerGuy

[No, he's still talking to the peasant who told him about the underground river.]
    []

"No, no, it's underground the whole way I think."

20. - Top - End - #740

SwashbucklerGuy

Altair

"Hmm, I don't seem to have one... Know of anywhere to buy such things?"
    "Oo. Well. Hm. Not here. Don't you have a water-bottle?"

21. - Top - End - #741

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DoomCup View Post
    Thomas

Wakes up and, after some effort, manages at last to sit up some. Whooooey! I've never been floored by one drink before... Amazing! Notices Altair in the place. Go on, have a pint, it'll blow your mind!
    It occurs to you that Mother McCree's Real Old-Time Country Cider - 'a taste of the country in the city' - may have been engaging in false advertising.

22. - Top - End - #742

Thomas

Gets up and dusts himself off, then pulls out the other wineskin (the one he'd brought with him, not the full one he got from the farmer) and places it on the bar. I tell you, that stuff sure beats that city swill I've had over the weekend. "Taste of the country" indeed! How much to fill this?

23. - Top - End - #743

SwashbucklerGuy

Thomas

Gets up and dusts himself off, then pulls out the other wineskin (the one he'd brought with him, not the full one he got from the farmer) and places it on the bar. I tell you, that stuff sure beats that city swill I've had over the weekend. "Taste of the country" indeed! How much to fill this?
    She eyes the wineskin with a practiced eye, and says "two gold."

24. - Top - End - #744

Thomas

Deal! Places two gold coins on the table. No telling how long till I come across brew this good again...

25. - Top - End - #745
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    []

"No, no, it's underground the whole way I think."
    Edgar continues his questioning of the peasant, "The whole way to where? You mentioned an entrance to the underground river, miles and miles away, which direction is it in?"
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-07 at 07:41 AM.

26. - Top - End - #746

SwashbucklerGuy

Thomas

Deal! Places two gold coins on the table. No telling how long till I come across brew this good again...
    For a very specific definition of 'good', this is quite true.

She fills your waterskin and takes your gold.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-07 at 02:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #747

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar continues his questioning of the peasant, "The whole way to where? You mentioned an entrance to the underground river, miles and miles away, which direction is it in?"
    'Um...' he points back towards the city.

'Go that way, right through the city, and beyond into the forest.'

28. - Top - End - #748
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar "Hmm, well...A-A-Tchoo!" Edgar nods apologetically to the peasant, and waves his hand in thanks before heading further into the village to look around and find his companions.

[He's interested in checking out the temple, if he spots that]

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Noticing Marcado has been up in the tree for quite awhile, Oliver moves to look and see if everything is alright.

30. - Top - End - #750

Thomas

Takes the now full skin, then proffers it to Altair. Let's split it, eh? Want to have the first swallow?