New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1534
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[Riftside - The Keep]

The girl giggles again, though less uncontrollably this time. "Okay, what do you promise you'll do if I turn you back to normal? Will you be mister Therishein girlfriend maybe?"

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riftside - The Keep]

Harnel considers this for a long moment. Well, they had that amulet that reverses his gender, after all, and it's not like that hasn't happened before, "Ok, you can make me a girl after you change me back to normal."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

Secret Base
    Songdancer's magic begins turning the rocks...into cupcakes.
    Rocks into cupcakes = most OP spell ever.
    "Cause I'm making some."
    He floats them to whoever wants one!
    Best thing about friendship is making things for them!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Market Street]

Whoops, forgot to mention that Crustella's pincers are visible too. In fact, they're the most visible part of her body, though they don't look too threatening despite their size. How about a picture to simplify this description business.

Kenyon will discover that the rock he's poking is exactly what it appears. A big ol' rock being lugged around by a very large crab-thing.

"I caught her outside the city on this small beach. It was a pretty tough battle, since it looks like only fire attacks do any sort of real damage to him. That's awesome now that I caught him, though."
    [Market Street]

Kenyon, more comfortable in dealing with Crustella, gives it a sound pat on the rock.

"Wow. That's mighty impressive. How'd you manage to catch somethin' like this?"

He cranes his neck to see the small creature talking behind the rockcrab. Kenyon gives the girl a quizzical look, and points behind Crustella.

"I take it he's with you, too?"
    Last edited by Kenyon; 2013-01-17 at 08:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

Becca gives Kenyon a funny look, like he doesn't know something he should. "We battled him and then I caught him in a greatball." She explains. So many people don't know about this stuff!

The girl glances toward Glamdring. "Yep, he's Glamdring. And yeah, Glamdring, I gotta train everyone else too." The girl turns back to Ken. "Oh yeah, I'm Becca."

6. - Top - End - #1416

[Market Street]

His piece said Glamdring falls silent again.

Why?

Well...

He's a bit sore over being benched for so long.

Ever since Becca found out that the Eevee's level is absurdly high already he hasn't been seeing all that much use. And watching from the side lines just isn't any fun!

He's a warrior, not a cheer leader!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Pixie in the Playground

[Market Street]

Kenyon nods to Becca. "Name's Kenyon Trammel, pleasure t'meet'cha.

Soooo...what the heck's a greatball?"

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist decides that enough is enough, and rolls off of the fellow she'd landed atop of.
    While twisting her legs with intent to accordingly twist his neck in ways it was never intended to twist.

The charging chap will find his knee grabbed, and shortly thereafter will discover that with the proper applications of vectors and momentum, he's capable of flight.

Controlled flight is another matter, of course, and one the potentially rapidly-approaching stack of garbage cans might have something to say about.
    Well, that put an end to the first guy's flailing. And yelling. And pretty much anything else he was capable of doing.

And then the garbage cans let out their traditional "I just got hit with a body" call. Quite loud, really.

Meanwhile, while Ivaz's first guy is doubled over in pain, her second guy rushes her with the knife. She smoothly slides to one side, grabs his wrist, and hits his elbow, making him drop the knife. And breaking his elbow. She then moves an arm around his neck, grab his head, and with a jerk, snaps his neck. She lets his body fall, then gives a grin and thumb up to Amist.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

"What? You don't even know what a greatball is?" Becca takes a blue and white ball off the strap over her chest. "This is a greatball. It's one of the balls you can use to catch pokemon. Crustella is a pokemon."

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Rocket Man]

The nasty whirling blades begin biting into Zee's limb! Uh oh! This might actually work! "Whoops! Where did I go?" the now vanished creature laughs. "Wait! Here I am!"

Or maybe not vanished. The eldritch abomination just minimized her three dimensional cross section down to the size of a field mouse and then aimed to ram Enshadu in the arm with all of her disproportionate might.

Between the robot's forward momentum, the fact that he's careening through a building, the pressure he was putting on Zee's now bleeding limb (though she's pretty small now, harder to notice), and Zee's lil'est flying jump kick Enshadu just may end up buzz-sawing himself right in the face.

If he does 'stop hitting yourself' may be in order when he exits the other side of the clock-tower and possibly gets clobbered in the gob by KR.
    He does end up sawing his own left eye out. He receives a sawblade to his chrome skull and his vision and perception systems start to go out. He then smashes through a clock tower, the jarring smash rattling up his inner mechanical organs. Then, he get's punched hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    [Rocket Man]

"Get away from me or we'll all die!"?
    "Uh huh. That's going to happen."
    KR takes a good look at the cyborg. Or will have taken a good look at the cyborg. It's occurred to me that I don't actually have any clue what it looks like, which is a problem when I'm trying to fight it.
    If Enshadu is wearing a jetpack with an obvious fuel tank, or is in possession of some other visible storage space full of fuel, KR will pull out a blaster and shoot at it. That Enshadu is moving very fast is not an issue with her. She's friggin' KR after all. She knows how to shoot things. And all this flying around is pissing her off.

If there's nothing to shoot at, she's going to let Enshadu fly Zee through the clock tower. Not getting in the way of that. And Zee's a big girl.
    No, instead she's going to be on the other side of it, waiting to hammer Enshadu into the ground after he's blown all his momentum trying to fly through a bloody building carrying a 70 ton weight.
    Well, she shoots the thrusters sticking out of his back. Enshadu looks basically right now like a very tall metal man with four arms, one currently half-melted. The thrusters go out right after he smashes into the clocktower. Then, she's at the other side. She smashes him with a hit, and Enshadu goes down. He plummets to the ground and smashes a hole into the concrete. He lies there now. His systems begin to shut off for emergency repair. Systems...shu....shu....shut d-d-down....

He lies there, a hole in his chest, a mangled arm, a crack in his skull, and wounded internal systems.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rocket Man]

Fly-by pilfering time!
    Reinholdt intends to sort of bodily slam into Enshadu. It's a stupid move that shouldn't do any damage.
    Of course, since his goal is to essentially pick-pocket the metal man of one sphere holding a goddess and replace it with another sphere so he doesn't immediately notice the switch, the move isn't all that pointless. Of course, the point of such a thing is to get in and out quickly, so he'll try to move out of the way just as fast after attempting his grabbing.

It's a loot-and-run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

[Market Street]

"What? You don't even know what a greatball is?" Becca takes a blue and white ball off the strap over her chest. "This is a greatball. It's one of the balls you can use to catch pokemon. Crustella is a pokemon."
    [Market Street]

Kenyon eyes Becca questioningly.

"And what in Sarun's name is a pokey-man?"
    Last edited by Kenyon; 2013-01-17 at 11:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423

[Rocket Man]

Hmmm...

Zee seems to be missing.

Probably got peeled off somewhere in the clock tower. Which isn't terribly surprising all things considered. Hard to hold onto something when you're that tiny after all.

When will she arrive back on the scene?

Maybe not at all! Who knows!

Stay tuned to find out.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Troll in the Playground

[Red Zone - Empty Building]

Amist grins back, flashing Ivaz the thumbs up, before turning back to the garbage cans and striking the traditional legs-parted-but straight, arms-out, 'come at me' pose.

"Round two, handsome. Wanna show me what a man you are?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Alley With Many Peoples]

Whoop, we already got a fight over there.
    Magtok and the creation seem rather keen to keep each other busy, which just leaves Luna with Yuki and her other companion.

Not entirely ideal.

Mostly since the princess can feel the familiar flow of magic beginning to trickle back into her horn, which means...

The woman flicks one of her fingers, a hazy, struggling rune carving into the air.
    "Disjunction's effects are beginning to fade. Wonder if a more permanent version could be devised...will add to the list. Plenty of applications."
    Her gaze snaps over to Yuki and she smiles.
    "I am ill with difference, as she percieves it. I see the flaws in the system and intend to correct them. I am backing away because this is not the correct sequence this event was supposed to take.
    Does that suffice?"

The princess, now passed the (presently irrelevent) Black creation blockade, lands a short distance away from Yuki.
    "As my sister's pupil, I am obliged to give you one final opportunity to end this peacefully. Otherwise I will perform my royal duty.
    I would also ask that you vacate the area, as a civilian. This is not your quarrel."

She directs her final statement to Yuki, as a matter of both courtesy and warning.

[+5 Alley of Many of People]

Yuki nods with a grimace as he listens to both women. "Yes that does suffice. So it's really just another form of class warfare, isn't it. Those for the status quo against those who are not."

He turns to look at the still unconscious Kirlia. "...as much as I would like to add my opinion to this, I do have my patient to tend to." And with that, he leaves (somewhat belatedly), and takes Kirlia to WATCHTOWER.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Market Zone]

Char rolls her eyes at the lack of mention of her name. "So, what brings you two here?" She says while attempting to rest her arm on Jaimie.
    [Market Zone]

"Thanks." Jamie blushes a bit. "Mom named me after some people she cared about a lot," the redhead explains with a smile. "As for why I'm here, I'm shopping. Need to get the freshest stuff, you can only get the packaged stuff at Mallside..."

[Market Zone]

Sayuri nods slowly and gives Char a small smile. "I'm here for tea. Because tea is... good." Lame finish, Sayuri, really lame.

She chuckles sheepishly and continues. "Actually, I'm really here because I've got nowhere else to go and nothing else to do."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Awww, that's no fun at all. You should come with us and do stuff!" Jamie declares with a broad grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Yeah, stuff! We could, I dunno, go to a bakery! Or raise hordes of the dead as test of our prowess! You know, a doughnut does sound pretty good right about now." Char says excitedly. Her smile matches Jamie's, but has an aura of mischief.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    [Market Zone]

"Awww, that's no fun at all. You should come with us and do stuff!" Jamie declares with a broad grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
    [Market Zone]

"Yeah, stuff! We could, I dunno, go to a bakery! Or raise hordes of the dead as test of our prowess! You know, a doughnut does sound pretty good right about now." Char says excitedly. Her smile matches Jamie's, but has an aura of mischief.

[Market Zone]

A somewhat surprised blink. A hesitant smile. Sayuri replies eagerly. "Really? I would love to join you two!"

Then, her mind registers Char's second suggestion and she gives her a quirked eyebrow and interested look. "Wait what? Raise the dead? They let you do that here?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Troll in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Not really. Char's silly that way. I think her dad was an Evil Overlord or something." Jamie sticks her tongue out at her old friend, then smiles warmly at Sayuri. "I just need to get a few more things and then I could maybe show you around, or we could go out in the woods or something!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1430

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Aubergine Elmhouse

Willow wonders at him turning his cheek, but it was only intended to be a quick peck anyway. She may be a hormonal teenager, but excessive smooching in a public place is just tacky.

"Want to tell me about where you've been and what you've been up to?"
    Willow asks, her tone cheerful rather than suspicious.
    "Oh, you know. Studying abroad." Visiting wartorn planes of existence to sell weapons. "Getting a better appreciation for life." Watching little kids end up collateral damage. "That sort of thing."

Needless to say, his eyes give it away. He saw some stuff that nobody should ever see, and he's keeping quiet about it.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Troll in the Playground

Riftside - Charity

Charity looks down at her sister's house, but she remembers that her sister is uncomfortable about nudity, and it would be so tiresome to put clothes on. She'll visit Sunny and her family later.

She needs to reach the ball

Aubergine Elmhouse

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    "Oh, you know. Studying abroad." Visiting wartorn planes of existence to sell weapons. "Getting a better appreciation for life." Watching little kids end up collateral damage. "That sort of thing."

Needless to say, his eyes give it away. He saw some stuff that nobody should ever see, and he's keeping quiet about it.

"Oh."
    Willow is silent a moment, then says, "Maybe you should come to OmniHarvard next semester. I best you could get a scholarship."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Dwarf in the Playground

Augerine Elmouse

The waitress appears with their food and sets it in front of them, and then disappears. The food smells amazing and will be very delicious.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Oh. Well, uh, yeah. It's really hard to explain." Ignai looks down and pokes at her stew with her spoon. She really doesn't know how to explain it in a way that wouldn't scare Astrid off. "It's... well, it's sort of a power. I can't control it, though.
    Astrid doesn't seem scared, or concerened. "Really, what kind of power?" She seems curious more then anything else, and a bit excited. Which might be confusing to Ignai, but Astrid is understands uncontrolled powers and is more then happy to talk about them.

[Tavern Room #3]

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "A few friends. This and that," Louis says, convincingly unconvincing. "What? Is there something I might not have heard?"
    Cody frowns and thinks about how to say this. "For starters it can be highly addictive, and long term use of the stuff can really screw up a person. And the high you get from it, I don't even really think of it as a high, it tends to blur the lines between being awake and dreaming. It is pretty dark stuff, in my opinion."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

24. - Top - End - #1434

Alley with Many Peoples

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Alley with Many Peoples]

Bang.

Or, well, whatever noise Magtok's finger bullet makes. Yeah, it hits Black. Doesn't do much, because it's only small ordnance, and the coloured creations in particular are quite tough. At this short range it does do something though.

Just...not enough to distract Black. Not that it would let itself be distracted even if Magtok had done something more...substantial.

The creation simply tries to punch the cyborg in the face a couple of times. Hard. And when they hit the ground it'll follow up by attempting to slam Maggy's head into the ground.

...assuming they are falling that is. If they're not, or Magtok's slowing the descent or something, go ahead and ignore that last part.

Anyway, after that little attempt to mess up Magtok's face, Black actually starts paying attention. "I haven't teamed up with any of them. I merely rescued them from the sewers before any secondary collapses could occur. I assumed you were here to try and put the blame on Affidavit for the destruction caused. If that is not your reason for being here, then explain yourself."

After taking quite a few blows to the sides of his head, and getting the back of his skull smashed against the pavement, Magtok isn't exactly feeling his healthiest. He spits some teeth and blood at Black's face, clearing his mouth to be able to speak, with the convenient bonus of assaulting an Affidavit creation by doing so. However, even with most of the blood leaving Maggy's mouth as spittle, there's still enough left behind to make his words sound a little muddy.

"Purble. Apobalybse. Crazy. Stob her. Use Agony."

He tries to follow up that persuasive and eloquent recruitment speech by shoving at Black shoulders, in the hopes of getting that stupid deadweight obstacle off of him long enough to dash towards the cleverly disguised Twilight Sparkle. He has no actual plans for anything beyond this point, but given all the blood leaking from his head and face, I don't think that's much of a surprise to anyone.

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Rink

Femur bone connected to the...skull bone?
    Eileen closes her eyes and lets Needs do his thing.
    And the aberrant MagClone will probably discover that some sort of Strange Eldritch Curse™ is affecting the Remnant officer!
    ...with suspicious similiarities to the sort of Euclid-terrorising things Needs himself can do.

If by "suspicious similarities" you mean "exactly the same", of course.

"Allergies," Needs concludes, in the manner of a medical professional who's studied this sort of thing all his life. Yep, there we go again, blaming the victim instead of acknowledging his own culpability! If ever there was doubt Needs was a true MagClone, it should be gone now!

"Auditory capabilities have seized up, mistaking harmless dosage of eldritch energies for something more serious. Will try harder to shut up next time. Condition often caused by genetics, contracts with anthropomorphic octopus women, upsetting Romanians, or quirk of fate. Recommend removal of any and all Lovecraftian imagery from daily life, nightly application of dispel curse magicks, service animals capable of mind-reading and speech until symptoms fade. Should muteness persist for longer than three days after initial auditory incident, faerie wishes, mind-altering substances, true love recommended as possible remedies. Not simultaneously, however."

He pulls the bone away, and presses it between his hands, collapsing the femur as if it were a toy lightsaber or baton or something else that would make sense, collapsing on itself like that.

Riftside - Within the Glow

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Riftside - Within the Glow

Needs' normal eyes don't really see anything hugely important about the sphere apart from what he's already gleaned. It's a glowing ball of light surrounding a prism surrounding a hole that's been frozen in the open position by the prism. In addition to that there is apparently some invisible force around it that prevented him from simply vaulting into it.

It should be mentioned that the world around him outside the edge of the park has a bit of duality to it. He is both fully immersed in this apocalyptic Magworld and back in Inside, at least as far as his eyes can tell. Off in the distance a stiltwalker with an absolutely ludicrous arsenal of weapons is firing at a tiny speck on the ground that's fleeing in fear.

"Rift shielded. Objectives updated: find alternate route/key."

Hey! We can't have that! Specks usually have just as much of a right to live as stiltwalkers! That definitely doesn't look very sporting, either! Needs dives down to intercept, intent on planting his ichthyanthrope hide boots on top of the predator, to better understand who/what this speck is, and whether he ought to be saving it. He seems to be doing an awful lot of asking questions before shooting, doesn't he? No true Magtok would ever dare hold back like that, Needs!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"I... Well I create fire. Usually when I get emotional. Like scared or angry or... Well, you get the point." Ignai twists her jacket in her hands. This is obviously the source of a lot of distress for her.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-18 at 11:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Zone]

"Oh, like you've never used Necromancy." Char folds her arms. "I'll have you know that I've changed! I'm not the girl who sent her classmate eyeballs anymore! I'm helping an orphan and a priestess-slash-hobo!" By now Char's smile is completely gone. She gets right up in Jaimie's face and says, "And don't. you. talk. about. my. father. that. way." Char looks about ready to throw a punch.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

"Really, I can make fire to." Astrid says excitedly. "I don't use it all that often because it is hard to control, but I have been getting better at it."

This was another reason she came to the Nexus, in her world someone with the ablity to control fire is super rare, here you can randomly bump into them on the street.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai shakes her head when she sees Astrid's excitement. "No, it's not the same. I'm... I'm cursed. That's why my family disowned me. I'm a disgrace to them because whatever gods are out there decided to curse their daught-" Ignai chokes on a sob. Oh gods, she's crying. "It- it ruined my life, and there's nothing I can do about it." The elf girl buries her face in her hands.

And as she starts crying, if there's something flammable in the room, it might just catch fire.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-18 at 11:53 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Astrid's excitment slips away as Ignai gets more and more upset. When she starts to cry Astrid starts to move forward to comfort her, but is stopped by fire starting up. There are many things flamable in the apartment, the futon, a matress with sheets and blankets, the table they are eating on is cheap wood that would burn easy, there is Astrid's precious record collection, and then there is all the clothes that Astrid has in her closet near her bed. I will let you pick what starts on fire.

As the fire starts Astrid will jump up and run to her bag. "Wait hold on, I have something that might be able to help." She pulls a glass orb that looks like it is filled with fog or smoke, red and orange lights flickering within. She dashes back to the couch and tries to hand the orb to Ignai. "It helps control the fire."

If Ignai takes the orbs in her hand, it will warm to her touch and start to offer her comforting warm feelings to try and calm her down. It seems like the orb is aware and has a present concious. The copy of the phoneix soul within the orb will do it's best to help her control the fire, or at least try and calm her down so she doesn't start anymore fires.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Apartment]

Ignai looks up again when Astrid dashes off and catches sight of the flames burning the corner of the table. "Oh gods, I'm so sorry." Before she can try to do anything about the fire, Astrid pressed the orb into her hands.

The elf looks like she wants to say something, to tell her that nothing can really control it, but she bites it back and worries about calming down. Ignai closes her eyes and clutched the orb to her chest. She takes long, deep breaths, and gradually she feels more calm.

The flame weakens until it's a small thing that's sustained only through natural means. Ignai opens her eyes, and quickly pulls off her jacket to use it to smother the flames. That would explain the other burns and holes in it.

With that done, Ignai holds out the orb for Astrid to take. "Thank you." She says, looking down out of shame.