New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony VIII: Friendship is Music

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Random "Behind the scenes at Equestria Daily" update:

I am trying to catch up on the daily pony art batch. I have 21 ponies to upload right now, plus whatever comes in the next three hours. A minute ago I got a call from my sister telling me the cat I had since I was 11 was put down.

I need to upload these ponies. They're counting on me to. I... I don't want to.
    *Hug* Hey. Always remember that it's you who's important. Take the time, take whatever time you need. We'll understand. I'd rather have one Phoe than any number of ponies.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    To those who requested proofreading: how would you prefer I specify corrections? (i.e. on the thread in a spoiler box, via PM, etc.)

@Phoe: I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs*
    Spoiler Box or PM, dealer's choice.

Also, Phoe, I found this for you.

Spoiler
    Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Wc3...el_video_title Also, this PMV is crazy-touching. It's weird how the right editing and song got a reaction from me, when I was like "Psht, ANOTHER Rainbow Dash flies around vid? Like I haven't seen a berjillion of those before!"
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-28 at 11:16 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, I'm looking forward to reading the fic. I sense adorableness in the future.

Also, I drew a jumping pony for today's challenge. It wasn't as good as my first one, anything but standing is rather difficult for me. Still, I don't think it was that bad. I do dread the day when I have to draw one facing me or simply not being viewed from the side, but I will perservere. I tried taking a picture of it with my sister's cell phone but I couldn't seem to transfer it to my computer. There's no way I'm gonna use my dad's scanner to scan anything pony related either, he'd freak out like Hank Hill.

Also, sorry to hear about your cat, Phoe.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Well, I'm looking forward to reading the fic. I sense adorableness in the future.

Also, I drew a jumping pony for today's challenge. It wasn't as good as my first one, anything but standing is rather difficult for me. Still, I don't think it was that bad. I do dread the day when I have to draw one facing me or simply not being viewed from the side, but I will perservere. I tried taking a picture of it with my sister's cell phone but I couldn't seem to transfer it to my computer. There's no way I'm gonna use my dad's scanner to scan anything pony related either, he'd freak out like Hank Hill.

Also, sorry to hear about your cat, Phoe.
    He'd threaten to kick your ass and then try to sell you on the benefits of propane?
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ettin in the Playground

This is a real conversation. Dramatis personae: Raz and his oldest "little" sister. Subject of conversation: this picture.

Spoiler
    Show

Little Sister: "Hey, I just got this pic! Celestia can make chains come out of her horn!"
    Raz: ...snerk
    Little Sister: "...What?"
    Raz: "Oh, it's nothing, you'd have to read the GiantITP pony thread to understand." *continues to stifle laughter*
    Little Sister: "...Is there something wrong with what I said?"
    Raz: *doubles over laughing*

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Mystery and intrigue and murder most foul
    And the Hound of Ponyville's soul-scarring howl
    Only in the deepest sin, the darkest night
    Can the flame of love truly alight!
    Genie's lamp brings temptations to light
    Against its power, nopony can fight
    Only two passionate hearts can prevail
    Rainbow and Braeburn never will fail

"You fool! You forget forbidden love is the sweetest!" Mask cackled, "She will be pining for the moon until her dying day! You shall forever be the number two! You have won the battle, BUT I HAVE WON THE WAR!"

At this point, Metal Mask is struck with a beam of pink-white light from Celestia's horn and vanishes.

"Set your watches for one thousand years," said Celestia.
    "Yeesh," Talespinner said, "He can't even keep his tenses straight. No wonder I won." That mischievous little grin comes back out again to play on Talespinner's face, and he laughs. But it rings hollow a bit, and soon enough he's trotting away, looking for Doctor Whooves, to ask of him a favor. It regards a 1000-year trip to the future...

But first he stopped to untie Shimmer and invite her along, because he's a gentlecolt. He may have taken a few pictures first, though.

(Gosh, I love that picture. He's so hammy.)
    OUTRAGEOUSLY HAMMY!

(If we ever met, judging from what I've seen of you, we could probably recreate that. Just with you as Aquaman. Seriously, how tall are you?)

I am trying to catch up on the daily pony art batch. I have 21 ponies to upload right now, plus whatever comes in the next three hours. A minute ago I got a call from my sister telling me the cat I had since I was 11 was put down.

[serious]If I were sitting next to you right now, I'd kind of awkwardly stare down at the ground. Then I'd put my arm over your shoulder and gently squeeze, saying, "It's all right. It'll be okay."

But I'm over here, and you're over there, so you'll need to imagine my arm, okay?[/serious]

...And now, since I was feeling horrid this evening, there's no new Misted Stage chapter. Guess it's time to go kill Thanqol so I can defile his grave.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

...And now, since I was feeling horrid this evening, there's no new Misted Stage chapter. Guess it's time to go kill Thanqol so I can defile his grave.
    You'd be surprised how many problems killing Thanqol solves.

"Oh poo, I'm fresh out of meat for the barbeque!"
    "Oh nuts, this room just doesn't have the right Feng Shui. It needs some roughly human shaped right THERE."
    "Man, that dang Thanqol's in the vegetable garden again."
    "Hm, how do I two up Thanqol without expending effort..."

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ettin in the Playground

To those who requested proofreading: how would you prefer I specify corrections? (i.e. on the thread in a spoiler box, via PM, etc.)

@Phoe: I'm so sorry to hear that, I'm sure the bronies understand. *hugs*
    Either will be fine. Whichever is more convenient for you.

8. - Top - End - #1358

This is a real conversation. Dramatis personae: Raz and his oldest "little" sister. Subject of conversation: this picture.

Spoiler
    Show

Little Sister: "Hey, I just got this pic! Celestia can make chains come out of her horn!"
    Raz: ...snerk
    Little Sister: "...What?"
    Raz: "Oh, it's nothing, you'd have to read the GiantITP pony thread to understand." *continues to stifle laughter*
    Little Sister: "...Is there something wrong with what I said?"
    Raz: *doubles over laughing*
    Bondestia is now canon!

Genie's lamp brings temptations to light
    Against its power, nopony can fight
    Only two passionate hearts can prevail
    Rainbow and Braeburn never will fail
    The mind of Rarity is subtle and sharp
    But yet she is blind to ways of the heart
    She doth not see that Dash protests too much
    When exposed to dresses and sequins and such

OUTRAGEOUSLY HAMMY!

(If we ever met, judging from what I've seen of you, we could probably recreate that. Just with you as Aquaman. Seriously, how tall are you?)
    UNUTTERABLY HAMMY!

(Over six feet, thin as a rake. When I take off my coat I lose thirty percent of my body mass I think I weigh in at 65kg or so)

"Yeesh," Talespinner said, "He can't even keep his tenses straight. No wonder I won." That mischievous little grin comes back out again to play on Talespinner's face, and he laughs. But it rings hollow a bit, and soon enough he's trotting away, looking for Doctor Whooves, to ask of him a favor. It regards a 1000-year trip to the future...

But first he stopped to untie Shimmer and invite her along, because he's a gentlecolt. He may have taken a few pictures first, though.
    Mask, on the moon, mutters, "Victory" to himself.

The moon is cold.

Earth is kind of pretty from here.

NOT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    You'd be surprised how many problems killing Thanqol solves.

"Oh poo, I'm fresh out of meat for the barbeque!"
    "Oh nuts, this room just doesn't have the right Feng Shui. It needs some roughly human shaped right THERE."
    "Man, that dang Thanqol's in the vegetable garden again."
    "Hm, how do I two up Thanqol without expending effort..."
    You have made a depressingly good case for my death. Now even I want to kill me.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-05-28 at 11:28 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ettin in the Playground

Bondestia is now canon!
    The real reason Nightmare Moon was on the moon for a thousand years: it took her that long to get untied. Now, if she'd been a shipfic writer, then she could have just chewed through the gag, easy-peasy.

The mind of Rarity is subtle and sharp
    But yet she is blind to ways of the heart
    She doth not see that Dash protests too much
    When exposed to dresses and sequins and such
    He's an actor, a lord of the stage
    She's just a guard-pony, for minimum wage
    Together the two are courageous and bold
    Their story's always been ready to be told

UNUTTERABLY HAMMY!

(Over six feet, thin as a rake. When I take off my coat I lose thirty percent of my body mass I think I weigh in at 65kg or so)
    INCONCEIVABLY HAMMY!

(...Dude, you've got the same body structure as half my protagonists. That's freaky.

But yeah, just a few inches under six feet here, and I used to be able to count my ribs. So you could still probably pull off the Aquaman in that pic.)

Mask, on the moon, mutters, "Victory" to himself.

The moon is cold.

Earth is kind of pretty from here.
    Just wait a few hundred years for Talespinner to show up in the TARDIS. Why a few hundred years? Because Whooves failed his piloting exam, that's why!

NOT AGAIN!
    CUPCAKES TIIIIIIIIME[/Master]
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Troll in the Playground

The real reason Nightmare Moon was on the moon for a thousand years: it took her that long to get untied. Now, if she'd been a shipfic writer, then she could have just chewed through the gag, easy-peasy.

INCONCEIVABLY HAMMY!

(...Dude, you've got the same body structure as half my protagonists. That's freaky.

But yeah, just a few inches under six feet here, and I used to be able to count my ribs. So you could still probably pull off the Aquaman in that pic.)

Just wait a few hundred years for Talespinner to show up in the TARDIS. Why a few hundred years? Because Whooves failed his piloting exam, that's why!

CUPCAKES TIIIIIIIIME[/Master]
    Raz! Before you do anything else in our quest, ask this:
    1) Does Thanqol still have his appendix? Without the appendix, we can harvest no love!
    2) IS KYUUBI AROUND? Legend says that only people with pony avatars and fox names can use the Orbital Friendship Cannon. If you're with me on the Thanqol Hunt, then we should have no death love from above!

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Your Youtube videos suggest that you look a lot like a former roommate of mine. Thankfully, you take yourself much less seriously than he did. Did that sound creepy? Sorry.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-05-28 at 11:42 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ettin in the Playground

Raz! Before you do anything else in our quest, ask this:
    1) Does Thanqol still have his appendix? Without the appendix, we can harvest no love!
    2) IS KYUUBI AROUND? Legend says that only people with pony avatars and fox names can use the Orbital Friendship Cannon. If you're with me on the Thanqol Hunt, then we should have no death love from above!
    #1: Well, even if he doesn't have his appendix, I'm not planning to harvest love tonight! I'm making CUPCAKEEEEEEES!

#2: I am, as you might recall, the HERO OF AGES. Which means, yes, there shall be love from above. AND I'M GOING TO WIELD IT! After all, all that friendship soaked into the body after the blast - it should make the most delicious cupcakes ever! Whehehehehehe!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Troll in the Playground

#1: Well, even if he doesn't have his appendix, I'm not planning to harvest love tonight! I'm making CUPCAKEEEEEEES!

#2: I am, as you might recall, the HERO OF AGES. Which means, yes, there shall be love from above. AND I'M GOING TO WIELD IT! After all, all that friendship soaked into the body after the blast - it should make the most delicious cupcakes ever! Whehehehehehe!
    But... but you can't make CUPCAAAAAAAKES without love!

Hunting with the Orbital Friendship Cannon seems as sporting as fishing with dynamite.

By which I mean, DO IT DO IT DO IT!

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Banned

Oh my. Are you going to be ok, and is there anything we can do?

15. - Top - End - #1365

I guess somepony forgot the safe word!

She's a veteran, back from the war
    She's a dressmaker with a perfect score
    To say 'fate' would be to devalue their love
    For 'tis greater than dreamed by stars above.

INCONCEIVABLY HAMMY!

CONGRESSIONALLY HAMMY!

(The photo that must happen.)

Your Youtube videos suggest that you look a lot like a former roommate of mine. Thankfully, you take yourself much less seriously than he did. Did that sound creepy? Sorry.
    That's the least creepy thing anypony has said to me today.

But... but you can't make CUPCAAAAAAAKES without love!

Hunting with the Orbital Friendship Cannon seems as sporting as fishing with dynamite.

By which I mean, DO IT DO IT DO IT!
    Aw smeg.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah View Post
    I really don't mind.
    Yes, but it was fun playing along with the pink text version. (Seriously, go back and highlight that quotebox; I didn't delete your words, only changed the color.)

I wish I could impart some words of wisdom, but as it is all I can do is offer you an e-hug.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oh my. Are you going to be ok, and is there anything we can do?
    I'd like to second that. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-05-29 at 12:04 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Troll in the Playground

That's the least creepy thing anypony has said to me today.
    *thinks back over events of the thread* Ah, right. I keep forgetting that word is relative...

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What the hell?

Celestia BDZ-ing Ponyville.

The moon must not been enough.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-05-29 at 12:18 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Aw. Jeez, I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't push yourself to do something if don't feel up to it. And I hope you feel better.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Bugbear in the Playground

Awww, I feel sorry for you. I'm sure people will understand if you pass it to someone else or postponed it or canceled it until you feel better. Heck, I understand and I'm dead inside, myself.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Orc in the Playground

Good cats never truly die... they just move into our memories full-time. You have my deepest sympathies Phoe, I know losing a pet of so many years hits as hard as losing a family member ...

Take all the time you require to recover. Everypony here realises that real-world issues come before internet obligations.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    What the hell?

Celestia BDZ-ing Ponyville.

The moon must not been enough.
    Prepare for the only instance of me endorsing Tyrant Celestia EVER.

I do it for the song parodies.

The Moon Is Not Enough (to the tune of the World Is Not Enough)

I know how to cast
    I know how to lie
    I know what to do
    When somepony must die

I know when to talk
    And I know when to hush
    I've seen things, Sister, that would make you blush

The Moon is Not Enough
    But it is such a perfect place, for you, Luna
    You were not strong enough
    To twist the kingdom in your own image, Luna

Ponies like us
    We know how to rule
    There's no point in reigning
    If your passions are cooled

We know when to smile
    And we know when to frown
    Those who opposed us
    Are six feet underground

The Moon is Not Enough

I feel rage
    I feel no remorse
    You betrayed me
    You son of a horse

The Moon is Not Enough

The Moon is Not Enough
    The Moon is Not Enough
    The Moon is Not Enough
    The Moon is Not Enough
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-05-29 at 01:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

Prepare for the only instance of me endorsing Tyrant Celestia EVER.

I do it for the song parodies.

The Moon Is Not Enough (to the tune of the World Is Not Enough)

*snip*
    Yes! This is exactly what I thought of too!

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, everyone's already covered everything there is to say so...
    *Hugs*

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Titan in the Playground

*HUGSHUGSHUGS*

I'm so sorry.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, everypony. That really means a lot to me...

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Troll in the Playground

You're very welcome. If there's anything we can do, let us know.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ettin in the Playground

The least we can do anyway. Giving you moral support behind the internet. As DBC said, anything you need, you can ask.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

So, I've finished up day two of the local anime convention. I've seen quite a few pony cosplays around, got my picture taken with a Pinkie Pie one, and particpated in a freeform pony RP.

I was BRAWNY BEARDS, PONY LUMBERJACK.

Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    So, I've finished up day two of the local anime convention. I've seen quite a few pony cosplays around, got my picture taken with a Pinkie Pie one, and particpated in a freeform pony RP.

I was BRAWNY BEARDS, PONY LUMBERJACK.

OUTRAGEOUS! HE WAS SEPARATED ROM BIRTH FROM HIS BRAVE AND BOLD BROTHER, AQUAMAN!