New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Rpgsr4me's Ravenous, Roaring, Raging Rampage of Random Banter #134

I... I think I may be in love.
    I went into the Blackwells in Oxford, and... there's... so... many... books...
    It's just so beautiful.
    So, did anyone think that was going to be a serious announcement? I'm curious.
    I also went to the steampunk exhibit in the Museum of the History of Science, which is amazing, but one slight problem: My camera is either broken or out of batteries. Waaant photographic record of awesomeness...

Edit: Ahah! Top of the page this time! People will read about my oxonian exploits!
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-11-29 at 12:32 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Good morning Playground!

On coffee, i cannot drink it as i cannot stand the taste...
    Yeah, coffee tastes horrible. That's why I drink energy drinks instead

3. - Top - End - #663

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Edit: Ahah! Top of the page this time! People will read about my oxonian exploits!
    Wait, there are people who actually read the first post of the page?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, if only someone in this thread went to Oxford, I would just love to hear about that SO MUCH.

Ah well, 'twas a pipe dream.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

^: What kind of pipe are they referencing anyway? Musical Fancy/fantasy/whimsy? Opium fever dream? Something completely different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    For some people, their systems react in the inverse way to stimulants and depressants. For example, coffee puts them to sleep and sleeping pills wake them up. I can't for the life of me remember what its called now though...
    Quote Originally Posted by EleventhHour View Post
    Caffine also has the adverse, and inverse to it's purpose, effect of putting me to sleep. Or maybe it's just because it is so warm...
    Since you're 21 now if I remember what you said when I thought you were 15ish like Perenelle, have you figured out what alcohol does to your system?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-11-29 at 01:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    have you figured out what alcohol does to your system?
    Fun things, of course

I wouldn't drink it if it didn't cause massive amounts of good, clean stupid fun.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #667

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Fun things, of course

I wouldn't drink it if it didn't cause massive amounts of good, clean stupid fun.
    Yes, well, human kind has been drinking alcohol for millenia in an attempt to get a depressant to be a stimulant. Eleventhhour's case might just be one of those interesting body-minds which has succeeded in such. Kind of amusing to think about.

So, Britlanders in the playground. Have you ever had to divide a meat pie or meat pasty (whatever you call those vaguely hemispherical things) fairly amongst, say, 3 people?
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Man, if only someone in this thread went to Oxford, I would just love to hear about that SO MUCH.

Ah well, 'twas a pipe dream.
    ...*possible idiot moment* Doesn't Curly go to Oxford? */Very Introbulus Moment*

D: This is going to be a very annoying week, with a 20 page paper due on the tenth, a different but equally frustrating paper due on the 6th, and roughly 8 reviews on video conferences due tomorrow, all of which I completely forgot to do over the Thanksgiving break. D:

So here's some ducks and flamingos to cheer everybody up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

9. - Top - End - #669
    Barbarian in the Playground

so cute little duckies!

so i really should do my English homework

10. - Top - End - #670
    Dwarf in the Playground

What gets me about coffee is how it smells so good but tastes so awful.
    Eat Poop You Cat
    Round 1 (0/8)- Currently Playing: N/A

11. - Top - End - #671

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    flamingos
    The plural of flamingo should totally be "flamingeese", pronounced flamm-in-GEESS

Also! I just had the best bath ever. It's all downhill from here.

Now, I know what you're thinking. You're thinking 'Doggy, you've had some good baths. What made this one in particular the best?'
    You're not thinking that? Oh well, I'll answer it anyway.

It was the best bath ever because it was really hot. Incredibly hot, so hot it hurt, but once I got used to it, it was like being in a sauna. Like being in a sauna with me, a sauna of awesome. And now that I've got out, I'm still warm. Five, ten minutes later, wearing nothing but a dressing gown. I am STILL WARM! Baths are bloody awesome. I'm starting a bath appreciation society. Who's with me!?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by HotAndCold View Post
    I feel the same way. There has to be a way to make it taste like it smells.

@introbulus: you just gave me an idea for a new avatar
    Last edited by Fostire; 2009-11-29 at 02:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Baths are bloody awesome. I'm starting a bath appreciation society. Who's with me!?
    You're too kind!

@Coidzor: A pie, yes. Although the difficulty of the feat depend one whether it is a shortcrust or hot water crust (I think that's the term for the harder, pork pie like pastries). Shortcrust is simple to cut up, although be prepared for slightly uneven amounts. Hot water crust on the other hand doesn't really divide easily, a sharp knife and elbow grease is probably what you need.

A pasty, no. I've divided one in 2 before, but it wasn't the best plan, maybe just get people to eat their share and pass it round?

@Thufir: Damn! I'd have loved to see the steampunk exhibition when I was passing through Oxford, sadly it was a Sunday and I was forced to just wander the streets looking dishevelled as none of my contacts in Oxford were available/answering their phone/not hiding from me.
    Last edited by Dr. Bath; 2009-11-29 at 02:38 PM.

14. - Top - End - #674

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    You're too kind!
    You can be vice-chairman, 'kay?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

...*possible idiot moment* Doesn't Curly go to Oxford? */Very Introbulus Moment*

D: This is going to be a very annoying week, with a 20 page paper due on the tenth, a different but equally frustrating paper due on the 6th, and roughly 8 reviews on video conferences due tomorrow, all of which I completely forgot to do over the Thanksgiving break. D:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

D'awww duckies and flamingos!!

Same here. I used to put coffee beans and grind them up and put them in my room to make it smell like coffee.
    Although I like coffee when its mixed with milk and cream.

16. - Top - End - #676

*glomps flamingos*

They've always been one of my favourite birds.

ION: Damn, I have an essay to write in the next 11 hours, and I DON'T WANNA! In fact, I'm very much inclined to lay down on the floor and throw a fit about it.
    My preferred pronouns: they, them, their

When I speak I'll cross my fingers
    Will you know you've been deceived?
    I find the need to be a demon
    A demon cannot be hurt

17. - Top - End - #677

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post
    *glomps flamingos*

They've always been one of my favourite birds.

ION: Damn, I have an essay to write in the next 11 hours, and I DON'T WANNA! In fact, I'm very much inclined to lay down on the floor and throw a fit about it.
    Ye- Oh. Not me.

Thheeeen... slack off and chat on here instead.
    (No, really. Go write it, though.)
    Spoiler
    Show

All Avatars by Elder Tsofu!

18. - Top - End - #678
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by cycoris View Post

I have to organize binders. I might just lay down on the floor and throw a fit with you. >.<

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ettin in the Playground

Coffee is tasty. I like mine with the tiniest amount of cream. And 5-12 sugars. >.>
    Cobra Avatar by the lovely Miss Nobody.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Well yes, but that is besides the point (slightly). Phase was openly ignoring Thufir who had not only expressly stated that he had just gone to Oxford, but also mentioned that since his post was at the top of the page, it would be read by everyone. This statement from Phase then becomes funny, rather than a complete non-sequitur (which it would be in the fantasy Phase has created for the purpose of this witticism, in which Thufir had not just mentioned Oxford), due to the absurdity of such a comment in context, and the fact that it ignores Thufir, which is fun for the whole family!

21. - Top - End - #681
    Barbarian in the Playground

*POWER ATTACK TACKLE HUG* @cobra
    (please work please work please work)

I should do my English homework...
    Last edited by Zain; 2009-11-29 at 04:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Coffee is tasty. I like mine with the tiniest amount of cream. And 5-12 sugars. >.>
    thats a lot of sugar.

then again I'm one to talk... I eat sugar straight from the packages.

23. - Top - End - #683

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    Well yes, but that is besides the point (slightly). Phase was openly ignoring Thufir who had not only expressly stated that he had just gone to Oxford, but also mentioned that since his post was at the top of the page, it would be read by everyone. This statement from Phase then becomes funny, rather than a complete non-sequitur (which it would be in the fantasy Phase has created for the purpose of this witticism, in which Thufir had not just mentioned Oxford), due to the absurdity of such a comment in context, and the fact that it ignores Thufir, which is fun for the whole family!
    And now you know.
    And knowing is half the battle!
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    And now you know.
    And knowing is half the battle!
    Pri-vate Joseph!

...wait.

25. - Top - End - #685

NecromancerGuy

Bath: Curses. the crust was flakey and easy enough to deal with via teeth, so... probably not hot-water crust?

In any event, we've settled upon just splitting the two into two halves and playing dice for who gets to have two halves out of the three of us.

Really silly to sell only the two in a pack... but, eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    I like my sugar with coffee and cream!

*keeps it going, keeps it going, keeps it going full steam*

Hmm. Cats are silly when they like you but don't want to come out of the cold.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-11-29 at 04:27 PM.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ettin in the Playground

Back at school.

I miss my family.

27. - Top - End - #687

HalfOrcPirate

Here comes Falgorn, with hir conversation changing antics!

For a Math research paper, we had four general topics to pick from: Pop culture, entertainment, Economy and controversial issues. I chose a topic that affected all four:
    It's the Zombie Apocalypse.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

28. - Top - End - #688
    Banned

Hello.

*Licks everyone*

Hmm...

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Here comes Falgorn, with hir conversation changing antics!

For a Math research paper, we had four general topics to pick from: Pop culture, entertainment, Economy and controversial issues. I chose a topic that affected all four:
    It's the Zombie Apocalypse.
    A Math project?

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Back at school.

I miss my family.
    I know how that goes, I'm essentially an orphan while my dads at the hospital.

got a cool foster family though!

I'm doing some research, playground. People in A Streetcar Named Desire drink liquer. I am doing the same.

= Better understanding of the text, amirite?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.