New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1934353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Alright then, I'm slowly building up a chicken pile. It actually looks to be a rather good recycler passive source. I think I'll use if for food and feathers in the end though. Also 6 rooms of my complex have been completed Many more to go.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Iskandar's Travels in Minecraft: The LP and the MP Server Thread MKII

Remind me, people... is mumble non-functional or is just no one getting onto it? I haven't seen anyone around for quite a while now.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    Remind me, people... is mumble non-functional or is just no one getting onto it? I haven't seen anyone around for quite a while now.
    I'll check next time on on the server. I'm lazy about that sometimes
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

I havent been on in a bit since I've been working. I'll try to get on tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Spoiler: Things I Once Was But No Longer Entirely Am
    Show

Previous Usernames: DreamingMage, Zeno Desaqqara
    Credit to araveugnitsuga.
    Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Barbarian in the Playground

My apologies, but I have been avoiding mumble due to a severe sore throat.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

bah! Due to things, I have not been able to log on as hoped for. Perhaps on the weekend.
    Yeah, DreamingMage honestly thinks he is a god. Over the years, I've found it best just to go with it.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

After playing on a few tekkit servers recently I've ended up with a question about part of IC that I thought you guys may be able to answer;
    Is there any downside to using a nuke to dig a pit to place a building in other then it's resource cost?, From what i've tried in single player they seem somewhat easier to control then normal tnt, just with a larger radius.
    I'm asking mainly because most tekkit servers I've been on recently completly ban them for some reason and i haven't managed to get any straight answers from people on why they are banned other then some people thinkign that they are stronger then they are(the only ones i get when i get answers[and i only get an answer from about 1 in 20 people] are "it has a 5k block radius!" or other very incorrect urben myths people belive about them for some reason).
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-27 at 12:55 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

My guess would be the potential for large-scale accidental destruction and griefing. Nukes are more powerful than TNT, with a much higher block radius.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    After playing on a few tekkit servers recently I've ended up with a question about part of IC that I thought you guys may be able to answer;
    Is there any downside to using a nuke to dig a pit to place a building in other then it's resource cost?, From what i've tried in single player they seem somewhat easier to control then normal tnt, just with a larger radius.
    I'm asking mainly because most tekkit servers I've been on recently completly ban them for some reason and i haven't managed to get any straight answers from people on why they are banned other then some people thinkign that they are stronger then they are(the only ones i get when i get answers[and i only get an answer from about 1 in 20 people] are "it has a 5k block radius!" or other very incorrect urben myths people belive about them for some reason).
    It is more than just griefing. TNT, when used in multiples of 5 or higher, can crash entire servers. What happens is that the chunk cannot load all of the floating blocks at once. Believe me when I say that I am talking from experience.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

HAH! Yeah, you should have seen the hole he made...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

ToO MaNY CHICKeNS!!! WE HAVE ToO MANY CHICKENS! OH GoD WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-27 at 10:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    ToO MaNY CHICKeNS!!! WE HAVE ToO MANY CHICKENS! OH GoD WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!?!?!
    Where? I will deal with them.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Titan in the Playground

Lava. Fixes everything.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, but does it not also create more problems than it fixes?
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingMage View Post
    Where? I will deal with them.
    Actually false alarm, it turns out the computer was on a low power setting. Putting it up to full power fixed my lag based issues.
    In fact, the chickens are producing eggs at a nice rate now, meaning all my food, feather, scrap, and XP shortage issues have been solved.

On that note, is there any way to use the easyenchant mod to enchant IC tools?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah, IC² tools are by default not on the list of items that can be enchanted. I think it's part of the power balance.

In other news, updates and backups have been made. We are also now again in a multiworld setup, with skylands above our world. They are linked. (Fly up and you get there, or use the teleporter in the desert district.)

Incidentally, i'm getting massive FPS drops (1 frame every two seconds) when i get near the back end of the industrial district. Anyone care to speculate on what's up with that? (After a couple minutes of being near there it fixed itself, but this is pretty weird.)
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-07-30 at 02:17 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

Incidentally, i'm getting massive FPS drops (1 frame every two seconds) when i get near the back end of the industrial district. Anyone care to speculate on what's up with that? (After a couple minutes of being near there it fixed itself, but this is pretty weird.)
    I have not personally been their and I do not know what's wrong. That said my industrial pipe set up, has sprayed objects out if I screw up, and once for no discernible reason. If you get a large number of items floating in one spot the FPS will die off until it gets cleared. (Which happens after 5 minutes of loaded chunk IIRC).

Therefore what you encountered sounds like that. Everyone who has done recent work their I recommend that you check for leaks.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-30 at 04:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #1308

Nah, IC² tools are by default not on the list of items that can be enchanted. I think it's part of the power balance.

In other news, updates and backups have been made. We are also now again in a multiworld setup, with skylands above our world. They are linked. (Fly up and you get there, or use the teleporter in the desert district.)

... It feels odd to say this, but it may be due to a build up of UU matter...

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    ... It feels odd to say this, but it may be due to a build up of UU matter...
    I could totally fix that. (Well actually where is the matter being deposited? I have no idea.)

Also, does anyone mind if I extend my sky walkway over spawn? Finally, I won't be on mumble till after the 11th.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-08-01 at 10:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

It is more than just griefing. TNT, when used in multiples of 5 or higher, can crash entire servers. What happens is that the chunk cannot load all of the floating blocks at once. Believe me when I say that I am talking from experience.
    Ah, that would explain it.
    Also, does the map that was mentioned as being reachable by flight generate floating island biomes?, Do you have a link or was it a custom mod?, It sounds like an interesting world generator.
    edit; also, something i've been wondering about, did you ever end up doing anything with that ship I dug into near the start of the alien invasion rp thing?
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-01 at 10:31 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Also, does anyone mind if I extend my sky walkway over spawn? Finally, I won't be on mumble till after the 11th.
    Yeah, kinda, depending on just where exactly you want to place it. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Also, does the map that was mentioned as being reachable by flight generate floating island biomes?, Do you have a link or was it a custom mod?, It sounds like an interesting world generator.
    edit; also, something i've been wondering about, did you ever end up doing anything with that ship I dug into near the start of the alien invasion rp thing?
    1. It does, yeah. One can also reach it via teleporter in the spawn district, but if one has a jetpack they can totally go up there.

2. It's a combination of three bukkit mods. (AeroGen, SkyFall and MultiWorld.)

3. Not quite sure what ship you're refering to there. (Has been a while.)

Oh yeah, another thing: It looks like the Buildcraft 3 Beta port is out. :O
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2012-08-02 at 11:57 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I have some questions. If we were to built a spaceport/fleet base in the skylands, would we be able to viably use that as a defensive staging point for the world? It would be epic to build a floating base and move some of our ships up there.

Moreover, I have schematics for a functional space elevator, according to both IC and our spacecraft standards. I would have to monkey about with the teleportation some, but I am planning on building one in the desert disctrict. Would that be cool with everyone? Trying not to step on toes (or cast a shadow, hehe).
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, that would be totally viable. (And i'm fine with that elevator.)

Meanwhile... guys, why does it look like a dirt bomb exploded at spawn? (I can't figure out how it got there. There are no logs indicating anything.)
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1314

Looks a little like the effects of a terraformer, to be honest

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ettin in the Playground

Kinda, yeah. But who put it there? And why? Terraformer activity is apparently not logged, so i can't really make a guess there beyond "let's check the center of this".
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Looks a little like the effects of a terraformer, to be honest
    Did anything actually get destroyed? Because last time this happened, I remember stuff getting vaporized.
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

That was only the snow one. It decided to replace a layer with the top snow things, and then proceeded to ignore what was there already.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick update:

1. We are now using Industrial Craft² v1.103

2. The Nuclear Control addon for IC² was added.

3. Balkon's Weapon Mod is back. (config)

Y'know, assuming any of you ever show up again.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319

Also, GIANT IRON ISLAND WOO!

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that I have some free time, I will hopefully be playing on the server more. Part of me is still waiting for the next major update, though.
    Show

Credit to DarkCorax.
    Credit to me.
    Credit to me.