[Greenhouse]
    Oh... like what, then?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 47

Regular meat like you get at a store. It's dead too so I figure it would work.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-08-21 at 04:31 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Greenhouse]
    That stuff means buyin'.
    Buyin' means moneys.
    Don' got moneys. Can't get 'em.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126

What about that nectar stuff? Is it something that you could sell?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Greenhouse]
    Maybe...
    How do I do it though?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

[Needle and Thread]

And so Jamie and friends arrive! Hurrah!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Needle and Thread

Natalie will look around the store with wonder, trying to see a section marked 'Shapeshifter'. And hope they happen to have a range for eleven-year-old girls.

Oddball is also rather excited, and looks around.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Lots of Hope Hospital

When Arel brings Tabitha in, they are quickly surrounded by a number of clicking and dinging rocketfairies. A doctor and a stretcher will come out of somewhere, and unless someone stops it Tabitha will be taken away to be tended to.

Oddly, a number of the rocketfairies will hang around Arel, especially eamining her vines and her back... they might be uncomfortably in her personal space.

The receptionist seems unimpressed by this. "Don't worry, it shouldn't be any trouble. Would you like to come over and fill out the form?" The form is just basic stuff; where the patient was found, what the status of the patient was, any relation to the patient or knowledge about prior conditions.
    [Lots of Hope Hospital]

"Oh, alright." Arel glances at the rocketfairies nervously. Arel fills out the form quickly. She found her in an alley intersecting with [Street], she writes that Tabitha had those wound when she found her, no relation and any previous knowledge of her. Arel fills out the form as accurately as she can until she gets to the place to fill out her own name. She hesitates, and then writes 'Eve'. "Uh, you can probably find someone she's related to, right? I need to get home."

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac

"The rest of my life after I moved," says the woman, unwilling to reveal her actual age. She puts a sparkling clean plate with the other plates. One point! Now she moves onto a cup.

"I just played in the park, though, while my husband was off fighting fires."
    She played a lot! So she's pretty good. And her husband (who was unfortunate enough to be in a building when it exploded...but fortunate enough to save several lives in the process) was a firefighter! How cool!
    [A Pleasant Cul-de-Sac]

"Ah." Celia decides not to get into talking about her husband seeing as she used past tense. "You can practice here as much as you want. I don't mind and I bet the kids would love it."

[Needle and Thread]

Salix walks alongside Jamie. Once they enter the store, she looks around curiously. "This is a shopping?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Bakeries
    Spitter looks around for Iamar before giving up and just spitting all around the building, causing acid to fly at the ground around the building.

Hunter finishes talking to Witch before climbing up the wall, mind set on helping out Iamar.
    Iamar rolls under and dodges the acid coming directly for her, and tries to jump right at the wall and take hold of anything she can use to climb.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Augurine Elmouse

"A minute? Well, at least the service is prompt. I don't think I'll time them on that one though." Julie remarks as she leans a bit more heavily into Eric's shoulder, sighing in a mix of contentment and contemplation.

"You know, we should figure out where we're going to send Prism and Scylla to school. I don't know if the GLoG daycare will start offering schooling anytime soon, and with how fast they're growing, they'll need a lot of knowledge crammed into their heads before long if we want them to be up to speed with others their age." Even though they're only a bit over five months old, they're already almost as advanced as their apparent ages, and she's worried that if she doesn't start finding ways to teach them soon, she'll miss the window where they could learn the most in the blink of an eye.
    [Augurine Elmouse]

Eric scratches his chin, leaning onto Julie as well, "I don't think we'll have to. A trick I figured out while I was a starspawn was that I could read books instantly if I focused on them hard enough. I'm thinking we can teach the girls to do that, and just buy some textbooks for them to focus on."

With no hint of it on his face, Eric's tail will reach around to tickle Julie's back a bit. He's hoping to catch her off guard, though the odd tail movement may alert Julie, whose tail is still wrapped around his.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

13. - Top - End - #133

Augurine Elmouse

"That's assuming that they'll learn how to do that on their own, or with you guiding them. Still, there's going to be more important things than just that. They need interaction if they're going to learn how to handle other people, and grow up emotionally. School is a good way to do that if we can, or at least somehow exposing them to more people than just GLoG's daycare. I'm pretty sure they're the only ones still going since Flamecrest was taken off with her parents." School certainly isn't ideal, but Julie is grasping at straws right now. She wants the two to be their own people, and to give them the best chance at that as she can.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

[Augurine Elmouse]

"Why don't we introduce them to some adults then?" Eric says, "Given how quickly they're going to get older, and the fact that if they're anything like me they'll prefer adult company, I'd say dunking them headfirst into the adult world may be preferable. They'll grow far faster than any children we introduce them to anyways. There's also the ghosts around the camp; I've seen some of them take an interest in the girls."

Theoretically, the GLoG daycare also likely has some NPC babies attending.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

15. - Top - End - #135

Augurine Elmouse

If there are, Julie hasn't seen them. It's understandable considering she doesn't hang around much when she has to use their services,"Adults might be best, but let's not neglect other girls around the camp. Reelshka's niece, Keo, and Jamie could all look after them until they grow past them, and none of them seem to shun girls younger than themselves." Julie counters, before 'eep'ing and shuddering at the touch along her spine.

"You saucy little..." She brings a hand up and tries to cup Eric's jaw, a small amount of psionic energy pulsing along her fingers. If she touches him, he'll find that the inside of his mouth is suddenly ticklish for a while. It's only affecting his senses, and not an outright physical manipulation, but if he's going to play dirty then she'll make him regret it.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

16. - Top - End - #136

Red Zone
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Red Zone]

Both Ace and Mrs. Bloodplunder may hear an increase in the volume of the footsteps already present. A soft hiss comes from nowhere in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Red Zone

"Nothing unusual that might account for the disappearances. I assume you're looking into them, too?" Then, a hiss. Mrs. Bloodplunder gets her flail out of her handbag surprisingly fast, and holds it like she knows how to use it as she looks around. "I was hoping for slavers or a group against the human-supremacists, but that didn't sound like slavers or anti-human-supremacists."

"I am." Ace nods. "Remnant's too damn useless to police this part of Inside. Someone's gotta keep the peace." Ace wasn't sure just what this was. Granny was certainly right - the fact that humans were vanishing was suspicious, but what he'd seen and heard didn't look like anything he'd seen. Before he can say anything to this effect, though, a sound draws his attention.

The magician whirls around, peering into the shadows. With a flick of his wrist, he draws seven cards off the top of his deck and tosses them up into the air. They fly up several feet, but settle to a stop floating in a halo above his head. Seven Tens of Diamonds drift in lazy circles, spinning in place like planets in orbit as they go.

Narrowed eyes scanning from left to right, Ace takes a careful step forward. "Come on out..."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Greenhouse]
    Maybe...
    How do I do it though?
    You'd get someone to put it in bottles and then go see if people wanna buy it.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    You'd get someone to put it in bottles and then go see if people wanna buy it.
    [Sonozaki Greenhouse]

Soun's real comp'cated...
    Hard...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Well, I'd be willing to help. What is the nectar exactly?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Blue Zone]

The Hudson family had lived in the Nexus for a long time. They have grown wealthy over the years through various enterprises that some of which were legal even. They have trained thieves and assassins over the years, all family members. They had worked in the background never creating a large ripple so they didn't attract to much attention.

Now their house is on fire. Not that anyone inside will care, seeing as they are already dead.

Calvin watches the house burn from across the street shaking slightly.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Halfling in the Playground

Theater Plot

Teq was most definitely aiming for that gatling gun. Dangerous thing, that. But before his foe can turn something else into a weapon, Teq decides not to let him walk away. Swirling arms of energy twist around his weapon, mingling with the glittering particles that were once a ballistic shield.

The Vraal stands, firing again, even his tremendous hands knocked back from the recoil. Another screaming blast of power is sent toward the mech-warrior, this time at his cockpit. Hopefully Teq can finish this in one go.

By this point, Teq is having trouble focusing on much besides his enemy. The explosions, the other suit, the battle on-stage - he's quite oblivious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    DMC

"20 Years? Wow that nearly your whole life right?" Assuming she looks like in her twenties if I remember right. otherwise she would say something more fitting.

"It's a shame we didn't met earlier."

MDM serves the tea, but as Mia spoke up he looks down on her reproachful. She isn't even 20 years old so meeting much earlier wasn't even possible.
    Cornelia blushes a bit, considering it a compliment. No need to for Mia to say anything else - while Nelia's far past twenty, it's hard to determine an exact age. The scars, combined with her ancestry, give her a somewhat younger appearance. "Oh, no. Gettin' on to forty now." She smiles. "Even so, m'glad ye came along. I jus' wish we could get all the scars."

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Light Street]

Undoubtedly Missy's little request will get a hit immediately.

"Wish granted."
    Princess Luna descends.
    Rather grim-faced, as she has been much this entire trip.

She had sent Rainbow Dash to begin the warning, while she confirmed Twilight's condition with Ibby and Rarity, with the full intent of appearing herself to fix the undoubtedly numerous holes that would exist in Dash's explanation.
    If it could count as one.

Rainbow Dash does a quick sort of bow.
    "Um, is Twilight okay? I should really go che-"
    "Return to the...'metal monkey's cave. The others are there and I shall be along shortly. There is a plan in place."
    "Twili-"
    "Now."

Rainbow Dash will be rather promptly exiting the scene, without further interrupting.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Light Street

"I'm Staff Sergeant Halifax of Remnant. What is your plan?" Missy asks. Which is not the same thing as actually offering to help carry it out, but overall she's mildly inclined more towards trust than suspicion at this point.
    The pony descending gives Teq/Vul a bit of pause. That was... convenient. For once. He has nothing to add, for now - though his expression remains on the skeptical side. The tall Vraal adjusts his ballistics-coat.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I'd be willing to help. What is the nectar exactly?
    [Greenhouse]
    A tentacle flicks out with a wooden cup full of a pale, goldish liquid.
    If he tries it, it's pleasantly sweet.
    Careful, people what gets it want lots more after...
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Lee pauses before trying the nectar.

What do you mean?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Lee pauses before trying the nectar.

What do you mean?
    [Greenhouse]
    There was these people before I lived here. They brought bodies an' I ate 'em an' I gave 'em nectar an' they always came back and they wanted it...
    Sounds like it might have addictive properties.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

That keeps Lee from trying the stuff.

Maybe if we knew more about the stuff. You can get in trouble for selling stuff like this if it really is addictive.
    Last edited by DoomITP; 2012-08-21 at 11:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Greenhouse]
    The person inside the bulb seems to nod a little, not really understanding but sort of.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Light Street]

Convenience is the prerogative of princesses and the Nexus.
    She may have even done that on purpose. But maybe not.

Luna stares at the Vraal for a moment, before looking to the one who is actually properly addressing her.
    She does not expect obeisance, as she is not their royalty, but introductions are polite.

A slight incline of her head is granted in return, coupled with her own.
    "Princess Luna of Equestria."
    Straightforward, simple. She hasn't had need for a military title in...many hundreds of years.
    "At present my plan is to ensure that you are forewarned of any risk that may be looming over your nation. I would not leave you ignorant to problems of our design.
    You are equipped to deal with magic, yes?"

Many technological countries seem...woefully under-prepared for it.
    But this one seems to sport many peculiar varieties of everything.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Light Street

"Remnant is, yes. Personally, I am equipped to defend against magic, but I am not able to perform it."
    Missy says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Park]

"Of course." Victoria hands the sonic screwdriver back to the Doctor. The half fiend looks on with concern at the two injured women. "Do either of you want healing? I know a bit of magic. Not much, but it will probably do until we can get you to a temple."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #150

The TARDIS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    The TARDIS

"What?! That's unacceptable. Get us someplace else this instant you hunk of junk." The Captain says, using the hammer... errr... culturally for good measure as he switches switches and levers levers.

If they can't leave the current system for the time being, they must at least leave the immediate area.

Oh look. It's working now. The engine whirs into life, with a sound the Captain may be quite familiar with. There's a soft, almost imperceptible rattle as the TARDIS moves through space.

Moments later, it stops. The TARDIS has arrived at a new location. But where?
    Only one way to find out...

Park
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Park]

"Amil Wightson. And sort of...?"
    Amil replies with uncertainty and a small frown. "She's a friend of mine. I think? Except now she's a robot for some reason?"

Well!

That isn't very informative at all!

"She was just a normal human last time I saw her. But the Nexus has this absolutely terrible habit of vomiting strange all over normal people if we get stuck here too long."

Take Amil for example! Once normal, now dripping with strange. Thems the breaks.

Now time for a question of her own!

"The doctor of what? Science? Medicine...?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Park

"Robot" may be misleading.

While she does appear to be artificial, you can see seams at her joints, she obviously has some kind of not-quite-skin covering, but at the same time she seems to be alive. She's breathing, for one thing, and the green hair on her head seems to be real hair... albeit, dark green.

Also, the bleeding part. As a general rule, robots don't bleed. "Artificial life form" would seem to be more accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Park]

"Of course." Victoria hands the sonic screwdriver back to the Doctor. The half fiend looks on with concern at the two injured women. "Do either of you want healing? I know a bit of magic. Not much, but it will probably do until we can get you to a temple."

"Time." The Doctor smiles at Amil, before his attention is taken by Victoria returning his sonic screwdriver! "Ah, thank you!" he says, giving it a quick flip in his fingers. "If you can treat Amil and her friend here, that'd be great."

Temples, though. That was odd. You'd think a city this advanced would have hospitals as centres of healing, not temples. Not something he'd never seen before. Plenty of planets and cultures had temples that were all but hospitals. This was probably one of them.

"Now, a robot, you said?" Sonic screwdriver in hand, the Doctor turns his attention to Copi. The little chrome wand makes a high pitched buzzing noise and emits a blue UV light from the tip. "No. Not quite a robot. Artificial life form. Somewhat biotic. Very interesting. When you're done here, Victoria," the Doctor says, stepping back and tucking the sonic screwdriver into his pocket, "I can give you a lift to the temple."
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!