1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default My Little Pony XV: The Greater and Powerful-er Thread

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.94b
    Top Edition

Brief Introduction

Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust, currently viewed by (almost) the entire Internet, not only the intended audience. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humor, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No Brony could ask for more. I recommend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up in public because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily... Or search for "Sharing is Magic" Google Doc. That is all.

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Whoa, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway. Plus, you might hit the wrong episode. Ask first?

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping/Binding

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the Internet. Pony themed fan-art is abundant and often excellent. See below for some examples.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Whoof

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Currently made canon in Feeling Pinkie Keen and in Faust's picture showcased below, Derpy was deemed important enough to appear in storyboards for Season II.

Dr. Whoof is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he and his kin save time and space very quietly off camera.

Ponytar Artists

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Alterform
    Crown of Thorns
    Dirtytabs
    Irbis
    Kairaven
    Khosan

...and a lot more, too many to keep track of, now.

If you do/don't want to be here, make a note in the thread.

Note that we're looking for more as the above are a bit swamped with requests currently.

New: Official PonyPic Request Thread!

General Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Fan Fiction and News: Equestria Daily
    FF... Darkly: Equestria after Dark
    Discussion Image Forum: Ponychan
    Pony Emotes: FiM Emotes
    Pony Images: Ponibooru
    Know Your Meme: Ponies!
    Allspark MLP Discussion Thread

Art Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    OC Pony Creation Guide:

>useful link<

Deviant Art Links:

Lauren Faust

14 Bis
    ButterSS
    Csimadmax
    DonKoRR
    Irving Zero
    Johnjoseco
    Kloudmutt
    Palestorm

Tutorials:

How to Draw Luna
    MLP Art Guides
    MLP Colour Guides

Kloud TV

Concepts:

On the Design of the Mane Cast

Concept art by L. Faust:

AJ/AJ
    Pinkie/Surprise
    Rarity/Sparkler
    Twilight/Twinkle
    Derpy/Ditzy

Group Shot

5 Best Pictures [IMHO]:

TG&P Trixie 1 2a 2b 3
    Twilight Sparkle 1 2 3
    Rainbow Dash 1 2 3 3.6
    Fluttershy 1 2 3

Pony Games

Nice Fanwork

Art Challenges

Spoiler
    Show
    MyLP Challenge:

Do you want to try your hand at something fun? Feeling need to draw fanart? How about trying MyLP Challenge?

What it is? Just click on the linked template.

How does that work? Don't be scared, just complete the template to the best of your ability. Have one two three four examples made by other ponies

Starting thread and more examples can be found here.

Phoe In Ropes is now a thing. Wanna draw something? Tie me up. Have a story to write? Work it in as an easter egg. Want it to be the main focus? Wonderful! I want to see enough material by Thread XI for white pegasus ponies bound in ropes or shackles or what have you to make it the official theme of the thread. Got it? Good!

ATTENTION EVERYPONY!!!

Great & Powerful Trixie made a bet. A bet I'll procure 12 pictures of Trixie - like the one in my sig, of similar quality - before next weekend. Trixie cosplaying, doing weird stuff, finding herself in unusual situations. So! I need ideas! Sketches of Unicorn ponies (I'm willing to vectorize them for free if they're good enough)! Moments from the show showing ponies with unusual poses and/or designs I could use to inspire myself! Finally, if someone would also like to draw something, I'd be glad to repay in some manner :P

Any takers?

Important GitP Links

Thread I - Because Friendship Is Magic
    Thread II - Now About 20% Cooler
    Thread III - The Great & Powerful Thread
    Thread IV - Friendship is Sufficiently Advanced Technology
    Thread V - Art of the Thread
    Thread VI - MUFFINS!
    Thread VII - The Grand Galloping Thread
    Thread VIII - Friendship is Music
    Thread IX - The Best Thread Ever
    Thread X - We Trot 'til We Drop
    Thread XI - "Mmph!"
    Thread XII - No One Can Groove Like the Girls with the Hooves
    Thread XIII - Fast/Fine/Fierce Thread
    Thread XIV - Boots on Hooves / Bikinis on Top

Operation: Indiscriminate Friendship
    My Little Pony: FiM RP Recruitment
    Pony Week Discussion Thread
    Pony Crime Pulp Fic/Game Thread
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XV: The Greater and Powerful-er Thread

*Is slightly disappointed her idea wasn't used*

Meh, I'll get over it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

We should totally have an official new thread dance.

So, are we going to continue the airships here, too, or make a new thread for them?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    So, are we going to continue the airships here, too, or make a new thread for them?
    Here is cool

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

5. - Top - End - #5

We should totally have an official new thread dance.

Would this work for a dance?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Good lord, an episode poster. I simply must collect these.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: My Little Pony XV: T he Greater and Powerful-er Thread

Might I just say...

Trixie picks out the good stuff. Hail to Trixie!
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    I like the idea of the following.

(White pony goes into town)

"What's your cutie mark?"

"Polar bear in a snowstorm covering its nose. *It represents that I'm an artist,."
    Corrected to remove redundancy

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    I missed too much of this thread.
    For no reason.
    Shame on me.

*googles "my little pony star ocean"**

*sees previous post of self googling "my little pony star ocean" as first result*
    I'm sorry, mate. But this? This right here? Hilarious.
    Good luck on your custom pony timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Muwhahahaha!

Is it a Captain's Log joke?
    ... Well, it is now, but nope.
    I wanna give a couple more folks a shot before I give it away. It occurs to me that it's the perfect combination of specific, obscure, and absurd to be nigh unguessable (though Braz posits that the Commodore has a decent shot).

-
    ((seems things are wrapping themeselves up. But why is the Scoltland Royal Navy after Luna? Who has her now? Is Kurgan missing out on Chocolate or vanilla cake? Why doesn't anypony just erase their name when the SHIPNOTE goes awry?

These answers or less, yesterday on))

COURT-'SHIP OF LUNA

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelhero View Post
    Meanwhile: Back on the airship
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes just as soon as--- WOAH! You're...Pink? Doesnt matter. As long as you got the Captain we can go, quickly though. I kinda just blasted a hole in the ship. And try not to anger Midnight. Shes a bit upset right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    In Her Majesty's Secret Submarines:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Cap'n! A chopper's landed on the wizard's dream-ship! And the Socks collided with it only to be engulfed in chains! And part of it exploded and another ship came out! And Parasprites are eating all our volleys!"

"Any more bad news?"

"Well, I got a letter from my mare back home-"

"Not important! XO, what armaments do we have left that Parasprites won't eat?"

"We've got 6 Mk. III Shimmerdrones and Code F, but that's still in testing. We might be able to get one shot off, but definitely not two."

"Hayseed! Weren't we supposed to get some of the new Mk. IV's?"

"Aye. Right after we left."

"Okay. XO, get us three jetpacks and friendship pieces, then scramble a Shimmerdrone to draw the attention of that Bondage Array. We've got to get aboard that vessel and rescue the Princess before anyone else kidnaps her!"

"Aye!"

The Shimmerdrone is the latest advance in anti-bondage weaponry. Developed in an effort to duplicate the biorhythm of one Shimmer Snowflake, a pony who seems to twist chance into putting her into bondage, the Shimmerdrome broadcasts the same signal in an attempt to draw bondage-based weaponry towards it instead of personnel. The Mk. I never got out of testing, always ending up tied in wires and gagged despite all efforts to the contrary. The Mk. II, on the other hand, actually had a reversed effect, creating a zone in which bondage was incredibly difficult to occur. This technology is currently being studied to provide ship-based bondage shielding, but that's still in the future. The Mk. III's are serviceable units that work more or less as intended, but they are rather fragile in deployment and storage as critical components seem to end up knotted. The newly developed Mk. IV is more sturdy and has a variable bondage attraction, promising easier storage and longer service life.

Using the Shimmerdrone as cover for any automated bondage systems, tonberrianne and her XO make her way onto SiuiS's ship and encounter Midnight and everyone trying to get her to go with them.

"Where is the Princess?!?"
    Meanwhile, back on the Harbinger:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's falling apart! The captain's too weak to keep it together. And this thing barely has a helm, it's designed to be controlled through frequent trips to the Void! Aaagh!" Shadow drags the Princess away from the edge of the ship as the deck rapidly unravels, "I'm going to have to try to pilot this hunk of junk! Well, hold on!"

Shadow rounds up the hodgepodge crew, or those of them that hadn't fallen overboard, and scurries up toward the helm. Or what was left of it. It was never much more than a spiked ornament to begin with and now it was coming all to pieces.
    "This had better work, or we're all doomed. HO! Mirror side of every shadow," the ship's sails break off and disintegrate as Shadow's voice goes round an octave cul-de-sac, "wrath of all that shall not be," the deck crumples and trembles beneath the hooves and assorted appendages of the crew, "preserve us now and till the morrow," the ship creaks and sparks as the bulk of it gives way, "PAVE A PATH FOR MINE AND ME!" The dreamworld darkens and warps, bulging and stretching before the remains of the Harbinger's prow, opening out to a portal as wide and tall as a set of double doors. By this point the craft is little more than a raft, hurtling through the dreamworld air past cupcakes, void residue, the odd parasprite, at least one bearberry (though, this being the dreamscape, it could have been the same one more than once) and a screen door. The edges of the - already damaged - deck are sheared off as the crew pass through to the Void. Of course, the portal being inexpertly crafted, this was not the habitable, empty Void-space the captain used. No, this was where Things lay hidden, in the dark and the cold and the silence. There was nought there, but it would be wrong to say nothing, for Things are all there was - but for a wrecked ship reduced to little more than a ragged dinghy, with its pot-luck crew and the guest of honour.

"Well, bollocks."

Of course, that merely describes what was happening inside the Void. Outside, events were becoming ever more hectic. Much more so for the poorly-made hole in reality, oozing Void essence into the dreamscape, widening by the second with no signs of slowing down. A nightmare vortice would stop it, if they hadn't been the priority targets for the Socks. As it is, there's a whole load of nasty stuff pouring into the Dream Sea and floating around loose. And that's before the Things start to poke at the hole in the roof and find that it gives. Gives enough that one could fit through, even. In essence, Shadow has the right of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Operation: Airship is Magic

Spoiler
    Show
    *The admiral jumps back aboard with the fair Monocle'd princess and the hanger on. What a weird sensation like he was fading away. likely nothing*

What the hay is going on. *everything appears to be going to pot* *LIEUTENANT, you're demoted again. Prepare to jump us out of here! Where is he?!

Meanwhile, back on the other ship: "I'll do anything for you, Midnight honey."

It matters not, helmsman, get us out of here!
    Yes I'm aware we're tangled
    Yes I'm aware there's ships in jump range that will get pulled with us
    Yes I'm aware that fire control has been taken over by pony-eating berries and ponies eating pony-eating berries
    GO TO PLAID

*the engines of the Socks flare, preparing to bring the fair Monocle Luna to safety, and everything else back to the real world with her*

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    The Court-Ship of Luna:

Spoiler
    Show

The Kommodore releases the water gun and manages to grasp hold of a piece of stray rigging at the last second before falling into the Dreamlands. *He begins the laborious process of dragging himself back up when he sees Midnight launched past him towards the approaching destroyer. *He attempts to grasp her with his hoof, but she is going too fast.

Just then, the anti-bondage weaponry passes by, releasing the chains holding the Party Barge to the rest of the ships. *As this happens, the sky turns plaid. *Kurgan holds on for his life, and when it is over he is back in the real world.

He drags himself back on deck and surveys the wreckage around him.

No Luna, no Midnight, no anypony! *All he sees is a pink Lyra (at least pink is an acceptable color, he presumes. *Proper for someone joining the eternal party.) and a Ponyard wedging himself inside of a cannon. *In fact, the only good news was that the Party Barge was no longer chained in place and that the last red-saddle had inexplicably survived the mess.

What have you done!? *Where is Midnight? *We need the Guests of Honor for the party! *I missed cake time for this! *-He gets a hold of the stray water gun and points it at Ponyard- *Well then, if I cannot get the guests, at least we can have a party here and now! *-He presses down on the trigger---

Spoiler
    Show
    SiuiS continues to struggle feebly in Lyra's arms, amounting to what feels like a piñata swaying in a draft.

need ... Cure ... Please ?

Swinging from the mysterious, ceiling-less chandelier, NinjaWizard Zorro Log bears witness to what would be a horrifying scene, were he a pony.

The Neo Nemo, bereft of anchor, collapses into the vortex completely, leaving only ripples across the now-smooth, spherical black surface. Legions of tiny skeletal ponies, their eye sockets and the occasional joint flaring with lurid grey-green flames, dance and cavort before diving en masse into the heart ofthe vortex, dragging shreds of voidstuff with them.

Intrigued, Ninja Wizard Zorro Log attaches a moustache of fine, oiled black hair beneath his mask.

Absorbing the detritus nearby, and strangely pulling on the gaping tears in reality, the Vortex seethes and pulses, like a frog egg about to split and birth it's hideous progeny. Ripples,cracks, crevasses! With a sound like the air being removed from lungs by vacuum tinged with the smell of day old water balloons, the vortex - now something else - cracks.

Wispy strands of viscous pink-magenta burst out in columns and begin to wave, like giant cotton-candy pine trees. The flotsam, now some horrid bone covered abomination, pulls itself from the core, on curly pink tentacles. Burning ship wheels for eyes, teeth of jagged cupcakes and shrapnel, and flesh of board and bone, all blackened form the flames of a thousand thousand lit birthday candles strength across the surface give horrid, terrifying definition to the mocking visage as it slithers along non-space, crying out in three simultaneous voices;

WANNA PARTY?
    WANNA PARTY?
    WANNA PARTY?

Ninja Wizard Zorro Log strokes his moustache. Intriguing indeed. Such a beast can only be handles in the proper fashion!
    With a flick and a twist,*Ninja Wizard Zorro Pirate Log dives towards the ... Well, whatever it is, bandana flapping in the air current, curved knife embedded into the wood just below the etched moustache of a stylized goatee, eyepath reflecting everything and nothing at once.

oh yeah, the*Ninja Wizard Zorro Pirate Log would say if he had a mouth, this is gon' be legendary.

In the now-pink musicians arms, SiuiS becomes, somehow,even more rigid.

SWEET ... SISTERS ... ... the ... PINKRAKEN.

((still unsure of whether I should have gone with this or the flying DERPman...))

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

... Well, it is now, but nope.
    I wanna give a couple more folks a shot before I give it away. It occurs to me that it's the perfect combination of specific, obscure, and absurd to be nigh unguessable (though Braz posits that the Commodore has a decent shot).

-
    ((seems things are wrapping themeselves up. But why is the Scoltland Royal Navy after Luna? Who has her now? Is Kurgan missing out on Chocolate or vanilla cake? Why doesn't anypony just erase their name when the SHIPNOTE goes awry?

These answers or less, yesterday on))

COURT-'SHIP OF LUNA

Spoiler
    Show
    SiuiS continues to struggle feebly in Lyra's arms, amounting to what feels like a piñata swaying in a draft.

need ... Cure ... Please ?

Swinging from the mysterious, ceiling-less chandelier, NinjaWizard Zorro Log bears witness to what would be a horrifying scene, were he a pony.

The Neo Nemo, bereft of anchor, collapses into the vortex completely, leaving only ripples across the now-smooth, spherical black surface. Legions of tiny skeletal ponies, their eye sockets and the occasional joint flaring with lurid grey-green flames, dance and cavort before diving en masse into the heart ofthe vortex, dragging shreds of voidstuff with them.

Intrigued, Ninja Wizard Zorro Log attaches a moustache of fine, oiled black hair beneath his mask.

Absorbing the detritus nearby, and strangely pulling on the gaping tears in reality, the Vortex seethes and pulses, like a frog egg about to split and birth it's hideous progeny. Ripples,cracks, crevasses! With a sound like the air being removed from lungs by vacuum tinged with the smell of day old water balloons, the vortex - now something else - cracks.

Wispy strands of viscous pink-magenta burst out in columns and begin to wave, like giant cotton-candy pine trees. The flotsam, now some horrid bone covered abomination, pulls itself from the core, on curly pink tentacles. Burning ship wheels for eyes, teeth of jagged cupcakes and shrapnel, and flesh of board and bone, all blackened form the flames of a thousand thousand lit birthday candles strength across the surface give horrid, terrifying definition to the mocking visage as it slithers along non-space, crying out in three simultaneous voices;

WANNA PARTY?
    WANNA PARTY?
    WANNA PARTY?

Ninja Wizard Zorro Log strokes his moustache. Intriguing indeed. Such a beast can only be handles in the proper fashion!
    With a flick and a twist,*Ninja Wizard Zorro Pirate Log dives towards the ... Well, whatever it is, bandana flapping in the air current, curved knife embedded into the wood just below the etched moustache of a stylized goatee, eyepath reflecting everything and nothing at once.

oh yeah, the*Ninja Wizard Zorro Pirate Log would say if he had a mouth, this is gon' be legendary.

In the now-pink musicians arms, SiuiS becomes, somehow,even more rigid.

SWEET ... SISTERS ... ... the ... PINKRAKEN.

((still unsure of whether I should have gone with this or the flying DERPman...))

I'm not gonna lie here, I am kind of lost on what is going on here. I'm guessing that every bit of this is part of the hallucination though. Question: are you going through the entire battle as if we were sticks rather than ponies, and replacing the Kommodore with the Pink One? I mean, Wizard Stick = you, Pink One = you, Pirate One = Amish or MCerebus, Ninja = voidships and Scion.

Also, it was Marble Cake that the Kommodore missed out on.

EDIT: is Zorro Log Ponyard?

Last edited by Kurgan; 2011-07-13 at 06:21 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*Yawn* Didn't think I'd up late enough to catch the new thread. Well, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow (or rather, later today).

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I've been thinking about MLP in terms of another interest of mine: MBTI!

(Word of note: I'm almost entirely following intelligence typology here, as laid out by Keirsey. This is all just for fun and I doubt the creators really wrote the characters this way intentionally.)

Rainbow Dash: textbook ESTP. Craves action and attention; hedonistic; generally optimistic and impulsive; self-image in large part revolves around being artistic, audacious (remember what happened when she lost confidence in that?); enjoys practical jokes, values being excited, seeks stimulation, and aspires to be an (aerial) virtuoso. I say T rather than F because of her bluntness and competitive athleticism.

Fluttershy: INFP. Introversion and Feeling go without saying. CMFIS set in when her usual empathy and benevolence were thwarted (points to NF). Seems like a fluffy pushover then catches others off guard with how fierce she can be in a pinch. (Sidenote: Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are obvious foils; ESTP and INFP are pretty much each other's opposites -- outgoing directive concrete utilitarian versus reserved informative abstract cooperative.)

Twilight Sparkle: Hmm...Introverted (duh), definitely NT (literally lives in a library, asociality in favor of learning and honing her skills (and even after developing a circle of friends, continues to spend more of her time doing these things than socializing), came in fifth in a race despite never having raced before by reading up on race strategy in a book (see also: sleepover), trusts reason above all else. The question on my mind is, INTJ or INTP? On the one hand she lacks the kind of quiet intensity female INTJs usually give off, but her contribution at the end of Winter Wrap Up is a textbook case of the INTJ "Entailing" serial-order planning. Tough call here. (Sidenote: NTs typically aspire to be "wizards." I'm just saying.)

Rarity: Probably ESFJ. Most polished and elegant, classic "ladylike" sort, concerned with what's "proper"...hmm. Hard to work with this one. Definitely S, though; N's tend not to be so image-conscious, and she doesn't have the various SP traits (see Rainbow Dash above) aside from a personal focus on artistry, so I'd say SJ.

Applejack: Definitely SJ. Big on home, family, commerce, and hard work; heck, just look at why she wanted to go to the Gala. I'd put her down as more I than E (doesn't really go out of her way to surround herself with other ponies) and more T than F (sort of macho in her own way; T women tend not to go in for girly things as much). So that'd be ISTJ.

Pinkie Pie: ESFP. Similar to Rainbow Dash's profile above: craves action and attention; hedonistic; generally optimistic and impulsive; enjoys practical jokes, values being excited, seeks stimulation; but manages to be even more unpredictable, and more intent on pleasing everypony. And here's a quote: "ESFPs are happiest when their home is filled with people all having a good time, led by the ESFP who weaves his or her way through the party, welcoming, teasing, laughing."
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The artist who did the orgiinal MBTI poster is the one making my custom pony. I might not be able to wait for the next Bronycon meeting to pick it up.

SiUiS: Star Ocean fandom. Disappointing Orzel for a decade. All they do in universe, never crossover.

Oh and yay new thread. yay Trixie.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

I need to study Welf's posts. He always has the perfect emoticons for this sort of sad, head-hangy feeling.

Welf, by the way, you're awesome. You know, whenever you show back up
    I had shown up a little sooner. But when I opened the last thread two hours ago I jumped to page 31 and thought "nice, only 10 pages to catch up". Then I saw the thread was on page 50 and while I read the first few posts the new thread was opened.

This was a little exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Eh, faster pony threads are always good
    Look at my face and repeat that

See, I'm torn. I can't imagine a Rarity/Spike relationship ever being one of equals, which is what I always like to see in romance. I want Spike to be happy, but I think he can do better for himself than Rarity.

(not that Rarity isn't high quality. It's more like if the tool for the job is a hammer, the most exquisite parachute in the world won't help you out much, if at all.)
    See it from Spike's point of few: it's just a short flirt. Their relationship won't take much longer than one of his naps as an adult. Which is very sad.
    But probably worth it. See that picture of adult Spike and old Rarity.

And since I'm no SiuiS (seriously, I'm always impressed by your megaquote posts), there are only this few quotes. But to sum up what I read:

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

14. - Top - End - #14
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    the orgiinal MBTI poster
    Hmm? Where can I see this?
    A potent relic of the past. 'Tis said the wearer commands the wisdom of kings, and can see the unseeable.
    Like the grue lurking in your bedroom waiting for you to fall asleep.
    But perhaps some things are better left unseen...
    Dazzling avatar by Ceika

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Here?

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

16. - Top - End - #16

YAY NEW PONY THREAD. :D

(Responses from last thread)

so hey, I finally figured out who would be on the other end of Twilight's Distress; Hullabaloo!

Spoiler
    Show
    You sure you wanna know?
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you read it . . .
    Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight: I... PINKIE PIE! STOP DOING THAT TO MIDNIGHT! D<

THE PROPHECY IS COMPLETE.

Spoiler
    Show

"Momma, I has a sad 'cause you love the princess."
    Oh my god Aww. Poor Dinky. D:

(Responses from this thread! :D)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.94b
    Where can I obtain one of these. Do they make production ones like they do for movies? IF NOT THEY NEED TO.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-13 at 07:40 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

Fifteen threads! Fifteen threads! Celestia bless you, you wonderful, crazy, awesome ponies! Let's ride this upswing to the stars themselves!

If we are not already there!

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Fifteen threads! Fifteen threads! Celestia bless you, you wonderful, crazy, awesome ponies! Let's ride this upswing to the stars themselves!

If we are not already there!

TO THE MOON!

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

You are among the stars, you are likely to be eaten by an Ursa.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

This thread's speed continues to boggle my mind. I doubt the poor thing has been un-boggled for months now, but that's just a minor technicality.

I was thinking of not participating in this week's NWTG (Newbie Writer's Training Ground), but then I got an idea. Now I think I have to write it:

Spoiler
    Show
    The theme for this week is "Pony visits Canterlot for the first time".

Lyra has been invited to audition her Lyre-playing skills for Celestia herself. And (through mail-interception spying techniques) she has learned that the lovely Twilight will be returning to Canterlot for the same few days she'll be there. The possibilities are endless...

...or they would be, if that infernal Celestia didn't keep pulling her Twilight away for such trifling matters as "hanging out" or "talking". One day into her trip, and she hasn't had a moment's time alone with Twilight. With only a few days in Canterlot, she needs to act fast if her trip is to be salvaged. The solution is obvious: If there is something or somepony coming between her and Twilight, remove it.

And thus begins a crazy-fueled spree of comical traps and schemes designed to take Celestia out of the picture. The climax? Lyra performing her audition with a lyre enchanted to set off booby traps when she plucks the strings just so. No idea how this will all end, but the journey there should be hilarious.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #21

Also as a note, to whoever posted the Brony Identification Card (I think that was here... Might have been Ponychan... EqD... Damn, I have a lot of pony sites I keep up with), thank you. :D

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking of not participating in this week's NWTG (Newbie Writer's Training Ground), but then I got an idea. Now I think I have to write it:

Spoiler
    Show

Lyra has been invited to audition her Lyre-playing skills for Celestia herself. And (through mail-interception spying techniques) she has learned that the lovely Twilight will be returning to Canterlot for the same few days she'll be there. The possibilities are endless...

...or they would be, if that infernal Celestia didn't keep pulling her Twilight away for such trifling matters as "hanging out" or "talking". One day into her trip, and she hasn't had a moment's time alone with Twilight. With only a few days in Canterlot, she needs to act fast if her trip is to be salvaged. The solution is obvious: If there is something or somepony coming between her and Twilight, remove it.

And thus begins a crazy-fueled spree of comical traps and schemes designed to take Celestia out of the picture. The climax? Lyra performing her audition with a lyre enchanted to set off booby traps when she plucks the strings just so. No idea how this will all end, but the journey there should be hilarious.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oddly enough, that's where the bit of RP with Leo is headed, if it continues, but I don't think I could use it for NWTG.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-07-13 at 08:06 AM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponythread has been classified a Level 5 cuteness hazard. Read at own warning.

Many Moods of Ponythead: Repost
    Spoiler
    Show

More ponymotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh you guys almost making this post on the second page
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

This thread's speed continues to boggle my mind. I doubt the poor thing has been un-boggled for months now, but that's just a minor technicality.

Spoiler
    Show

Curses! I was thinking of how to get Lyra into comedic hijinks during her time in Canterlot.

Do eeeeeeettttttttttt!

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Curses! I was thinking of how to get Lyra into comedic hijinks during her time in Canterlot.

Do eeeeeeettttttttttt!
    At least it isn't at the gala, where Lyra would go all Fluttershy, only with a shotgun.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

This is the tonberrian's standard thread-marking post. Carry on with your ponies.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    This is the tonberrian's standard thread-marking post. Carry on with your ponies.
    Carry? Pony? Who am I supposed to be carrying and are they okay with it...
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-07-13 at 08:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Carry? Pony? Who am I supposed to be carrying and are they okay with it...
    You're supposed to be carrying Twilight down that cliff, Fluttershy.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

29. - Top - End - #29

...But that's a straight drop and I'm not very strong, maybe Rainbow Dash should do it?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    ...But that's a straight drop and I'm not very strong, maybe Rainbow Dash should do it?
    Letting your friends plummet to their deaths is naughty and you shouldn't do it.
    Spoiler
    Show