New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1509
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

If playing a combat heavy game, saying I'll make a character like that movie with Hugh Jackman is absolutely cool.

However, the expectation will be that I'm playing Wolverine, not Jean Valjean.

Making him a Bard does not make things better.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    * I may not summon a number of demonic beings and submit them to my control in place of having an actual party
    **Although they are admittedly great at carousing and reveling, it is a terrible idea to throw a house party involving dozens of bound Demons.

***Especially if it's in the BBEG's house.

****No, the BBEG will not "loosen up" in response to your offer to let him have a trio of Succubi for the night.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Barbarian in the Playground

* "Pun and Pun: Rules Lawyers" is not a viable character concept, no matter how awesome and/or hilarious

I did actually propose to my group that when we start a new campaign (we have three in the works, one is a super villain campaign) I would make a rules lawyer. In HERO system you can actually make a character that is based around reducing/stopping/stealing other characters powers, so the idea of a character who walks around with a book literally rewriting the rules by going "oh, you think you have a 10 dice kill fireball? Well, now fireballs are limited to 4 dice normal damage" isn't all that ridiculous, but its still a concept more about funny then serious.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Adanedhel View Post
    If playing a combat heavy game, saying I'll make a character like that movie with Hugh Jackman is absolutely cool.

However, the expectation will be that I'm playing Wolverine, not Jean Valjean.

Making him a Bard does not make things better.
    Javert is, however acceptable.

Seriously, though, this is awesome.
    Please excuse any above spelling or grammar mistakes. I've never been good at it.
    Amazingly awesome avatar by Kymme!

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

*"Brian Blessed" is an appropriate Truenamer concept. It is not an appropriate Assassin concept.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

*This is not valid inspiration for an Infernal Exalted.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

*For my own safety, may not act as the maitre-d for the ranger's seduction attempt.
    **Furthermore, may not get stinking drunk on cherry wine in the back room.
    ***May not then kill the ranger on waking up drunk, naked, and married to the catgirl that I've been working on avoiding.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    On the contrary, I think this would be an awesome Infernal. It's disturbing, yes, but for the theme, the Undertaker is just epic.
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

9. - Top - End - #1479

** When told to find other inspiration, this is not an acceptable substitute.
    Amazing avatar by Ceika
    “A player is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    You're the Stalin of dice!

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing V: The Elder Scolls of Bad Behavior
    Heh, I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    What, did they enchant the orphans to be immune to asphyxiation too? And what about buildings collapsing on their heads?
    Don't expect PCs to think that far ahead! They didn't wait long after setting the building on fire anyway, so the dangers of asphyxiation and building collapse were low. That and there weren't many witnesses (other than the children, who simply thought the ordeal was awesome) so they didn't get much out of it other than a workout.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Bugbear in the Playground

*My Dragon Sorcerer may not have a burn on the left of his face, a mop top, scimitars, red robes, daddy and sister issues, be an antagonist turned good, and be chaotic______.
    **said sorcerer can't have a bard companion npc constantly playing this on a anachronistic guitar.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-15 at 11:16 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    *My Dragon Sorcerer may not have a burn on the left of his face, a mop top, scimitars, red robes, daddy and sister issues, be an antagonist turned good, and be chaotic______.
    Are you kidding? Zuko is so Lawful it hurts.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

13. - Top - End - #1483

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Are you kidding? Zuko is so Lawful it hurts.
    Really? I sort of consider him a chaotic character, but then again in my mind Zuko= a:Bad***, b:3rd season/good guy.
    But yeah, season 1/parts of 2 TOTALLY equal lawful nuetral (he wasn't really evil in the "go out of the way to kill someone" sense, just ruthless, which strikes me as a nuetral quality).
    Oh well. As long as no one objects to Benjamin the Bard companion (you know where his name's from. Don't lie to me!) who is notorious for breaking magic sound-enhancing artifacts.
    Oh, and BTW
    ***No, the aforementioned sorcerer cannot have an immediate interrupt that redirects electrical attacks.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-16 at 02:08 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

You forgot mentioning HONOOOOOR!

15. - Top - End - #1485

Quote Originally Posted by LokiRagnarok View Post
    You forgot mentioning HONOOOOOR!
    Oh yeah.....
    ****the sorcerer cannot try to take the wizard prisoner various times (phb wizard)
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Dwarf in the Playground

*I may not give the Dirty Harry "You feeling lucky, Punk?" speech.
    **Not even if it would fit my character
    ***Especially if my character's only weapon is a longbow.
    Please excuse any above spelling or grammar mistakes. I've never been good at it.
    Amazingly awesome avatar by Kymme!

17. - Top - End - #1487

Quote Originally Posted by Asahel24601 View Post
    The speech only works if you're holding a crossbow: anyone can see a loaded arrow or a quiver's contents, but a loaded bolt? Maybe, maybe not, depending on the distance.
    It works great for 3.5: "to be honest, I can't remember how many magic missiles I prepared today..."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The speech only works if you're holding a crossbow: anyone can see a loaded arrow or a quiver's contents, but a loaded bolt? Maybe, maybe not, depending on the distance.
    It works great for 3.5: "to be honest, I can't remember how many magic missiles I prepared today..."
    A wand would work fine.

19. - Top - End - #1489

Oh yeah. Good point.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Asahel24601 View Post
    ***Also may not do so with a revolver that creates ammo in its chambers. Because that is cheating.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Titan in the Playground

So, new thread now?
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Pixie in the Playground

My character is not allowed to sleep during Boss fights
    My character is not allowed To drop the roof of the temple on a boss
    I am NOT allowed To declare to the tavern that the player playing a centaur raped me
    I am NOT allowed to make my 6 year old chaotic neutral Barbarian a litch
    I am NOT allowed to play a sadist lawful good paladin
    I am NOT allowed to run a warforged druid named Megatron
    I am NOT allowed to leave the party, mainly because they died when I did
    I'm not allowed to seduce the main quest giver
    I'm not allowed to Dimension Door how to every combat encounter
    Dimension Door at the bottom of a lake is considered rude when fighting sharks
    shape changing to another party members to give them a bad reputation is also considered rude
    I am NOT allowed to run a drug dealer charisma character

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

*I am not allowed to play a Daemonette

**After the Creed Incident, I am not allowed to play a worshiper of Slaanesh

***Tzeetch is right out, as is Nurgle

****Khorne is only allowed if the character in question has a combined fellowship and intellect of less than 20

24. - Top - End - #1494

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not buy any of the other characters a pint of Johnny Jump Up
    ** Nor may I buy them a bottle of the Ol' Janx Spirit
    *** I am disallowed from even contemplating purchasing a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, for me or for anyone else
    **** The only alcoholic beverages available from here on out is rum, grog, and stout
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

* My campaign may not at any point feature a wight that was a small child before turning.
    ** I may not have it repeatedly ask the PCs if one of them is its mother.
    ** It may not wear a mask of any kind.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2013-07-17 at 08:42 PM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

26. - Top - End - #1496

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * My campaign may not at any point feature a wight that was a small child before turning.
    ** I may not have it repeatedly ask the PCs if one of them is its mother.
    *** It may not wear a mask of any kind.
    **** the stone golems may not be angel statues
    *****thie encounter also may not feature a lack of light
    ******No, my BBEG cannot constantly hear drums
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #1497

**** the stone golems may not be angel statues
    *****thie encounter also may not feature a lack of light
    ******The angel Golems may not be filled with Quintessence
    *******No, it doesn't matter if you have done the math.
    ********Not even if it would take one Psion 2 full months of Manifesting Quintessence just to make a Small one.
    *********Never allowed to play a Psion or bring a calculator to the gaming table ever again.

28. - Top - End - #1498

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    ******The angel Golems may not be filled with Quintessence
    *******No, it doesn't matter if you have done the math.
    ********Not even if it would take one Psion 2 full months of Manifesting Quintessence just to make a Small one.
    *********Never allowed to play a Psion or bring a calculator to the gaming table ever again.
    *******The golems cannot have an at-will touch spell that time-warps someone.
    ********metal golems may not (or cannot have):
    A. Mind-control
    B. attempt to exterminate organic life
    C. Have Exotic weapon proficiency: toilet plunger
    D. Ask to have hearts
    E. polymorph into horse-drawn carts
    F. "Delete" people
    G. Yell "Spaaaaaaaace!".
    H. Ask for a weapon
    I. Have force fields and roll around in ball shapes
    J. Have a +5 vulnerability to Stairs
    K. Run test facilities
    L. Tell someone "I'm afraid I can't let you do that".
    M. Try to kill 12 year-olds who are really irritating
    N. Rule England during a war
    O. Quest for a glowing metal mask
    P. be named after a synonym for info
    References respectfully
    Spoiler
    Show

A. Reapers
    B. Daleks and reapers
    C.Dalek
    D. Tin man
    E. Transformers
    F. Cybermen
    G. Space core
    H.Master Cheif
    I. Droidiekas
    J. Daleks
    K.GLaDOS
    L.HAL
    M. Terminator
    N.Iron Lady
    O. Bionicles
    P.Data

Any other famous metal men, women, and Androgynous I forgot?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2013-07-17 at 09:51 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

*******The golems cannot have an at-will touch spell that time-warps someone.
    ********metal golems may not (or cannot have):
    A. Mind-control
    B. attempt to exterminate organic life
    C. Have Exotic weapon proficiency: toilet plunger
    D. Ask to have hearts
    E. polymorph into horse-drawn carts
    F. "Delete" people
    G. Yell "Spaaaaaaaace!".
    H. Ask for a weapon
    I. Have force fields and roll around in ball shapes
    J. Have a +5 vulnerability to Stairs
    K. Run test facilities
    L. Tell someone "I'm afraid I can't let you do that".
    M. Try to kill 12 year-olds who are really irritating
    N. Rule England during a war
    O. Quest for a glowing metal mask
    P. be named after a synonym for info
    References respectfully
    Spoiler
    Show

A. Reapers
    B. Daleks and reapers
    C.Dalek
    D. Tin man
    E. Transformers
    F. Cybermen
    G. Space core
    H.Master Cheif
    I. Droidiekas
    J. Daleks
    K.GLaDOS
    L.HAL
    M. Terminator
    N.Iron Lady
    O. Bionicles
    P.Data

Any other famous metal men, women, and Androgynous I forgot?
    >Bionicles

You win this thread.

30. - Top - End - #1500

>Bionicles

You win this thread.
    Which is just as well, since I just created a new one. Go remit future taxes to Pun & Pun, Rules-Lawyers at law
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2013-07-18 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.