New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Upcoming Screw Attack Death Battle

My memory is hazy, but IIRC these crossovers are never meant to be canon.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    oh, please don't start that..... Asura is very durable and survives and comes back from a lot, but no matter how much I like him, he has only been proven to take out a foe that takes up like a third of a planet, which I doubt will convince anyone that he could defeat Superman, and despite all his strength and rage powers, I'm not sure that he would win against Goku either considering Goku has fought and defeated both Buu and friggin' Broly, who is basically an invulnerable berserker much like Asura but with less morals. while Superman has probably fought many berserkers over the course of his life and outsmarted them.
    Makes me think that you didn't play the last DLC for the game. He's boosted far higher than that for the true ending.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Um, as far as I know, Asura has similar powers to the hulk so he keeps getting stronger as he gets angrier. And during the fight between Superman and the Hulk, superman won by talking the hulk into calming down, saying that if he didn't the Hulk would beat him.

Also, since it took removing the source of matra in the universe to permanently kill Asura, it doesn't matter to much if he dies the first times around, he'll be back and even stronger.
    Thats because superman doesnt kill. In a death battle, the hulk gets hurled into the sun. And thats if he wants to get fancy about absolutely murdering the hulk in seconds flat.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Thats because superman doesnt kill. In a death battle, the hulk gets hurled into the sun. And thats if he wants to get fancy about absolutely murdering the hulk in seconds flat.
    Would that kill the Hulk? It would certainly end the fight, but I genuinely don't know if he would die from it.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Darth Vader v.s Gandalf would be nice. Bat in the Sun had a stupid fight. . .

6. - Top - End - #1476

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    Would that kill the Hulk? It would certainly end the fight, but I genuinely don't know if he would die from it.
    Considering he would be stuck inside of an endlessly burning star with a gravitational pull high enough to stomp him flat and nothing to stand on to even try to resist it, I think its one of those, "If he aint dead, its close enough" scenarios. He goes in there, and even if his body doesnt burn to ash, he isnt leaving unless superman or someone equally immune to the heart of the sun goes in and gets him.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Firbolg in the Playground

Considering he would be stuck inside of an endlessly burning star with a gravitational pull high enough to stomp him flat and nothing to stand on to even try to resist it, I think its one of those, "If he aint dead, its close enough" scenarios. He goes in there, and even if his body doesnt burn to ash, he isnt leaving unless superman or someone equally immune to the heart of the sun goes in and gets him.
    Never underestimate the rage of modern Hulk. Comic book excesses mean that if he gets mad enough he probably could just jump off the sun and land on earth. It would be BS, but that's 99% of modern comics for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    Never underestimate the rage of modern Hulk. Comic book excesses mean that if he gets mad enough he probably could just jump off the sun and land on earth. It would be BS, but that's 99% of modern comics for you.
    True, but since as far as I know, he never HAS pulled off a feat like that, death battle would likely dismiss it as an option for him. HAS he ever gone into the sun? I am pretty sure he has been massively burned by enemies and recovered, but to be inside the center of the sun forever? Brr.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Banned

I think by canon he has no upper limit, so eventually he'd get angry enough to do something stupid like clap and disperse the sun or something equally silly assuming it didn't kill him first.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Well the strongest hulks ever gotten was at the end of the world war hulk story. His every step shook the earth, and he fought The Senrty to a draw, both of whom became exhausted and depowered.

By the way the sentry has the power of "one million exploding suns"

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    By the way The Sentry has the power of "one million exploding suns"
    you mean, a million supernovas?

well technically, by manga measurement, the highest Goku has done is one supernova sometime after the Buu saga.

so maybe, The Hulk could fight Superman, a million supernovas does sound like something that would give even Superman trouble.

now for a joke: when you measure your power level in how many supernovas you could cause, you just might be ridiculously overpowered.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

12. - Top - End - #1482

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    you mean, a million supernovas?

well technically, by manga measurement, the highest Goku has done is one supernova sometime after the Buu saga.

so maybe, The Hulk could fight Superman, a million supernovas does sound like something that would give even Superman trouble.

now for a joke: when you measure your power level in how many supernovas you could cause, you just might be ridiculously overpowered.
    What I want to know is, who built the measuring system that goes up to "a million exploding suns" and how do they calibrate it? I mean, do they have superman punch out a sun then test how much energy is released? And what exactly is the standard size sun? The minimum in size that CAN supernova? The amount of energy released by FORCING a star to go supernova? How do you test someones power level when they reach "Im an entire galaxy of stars exploding with every punch"? They cant test it on earth, obviously. Thats kind of a bit more energy than can be unleashed without destroying the planet. They cant even test it in our solar system as im sure an explosion that powerful would obliterate the entire thing. Do they find some vast reach of empty space with millions of light years of nothing inside it then say, "Here, punch this pad"?

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Banned

What I want to know is, who built the measuring system that goes up to "a million exploding suns" and how do they calibrate it? I mean, do they have superman punch out a sun then test how much energy is released? And what exactly is the standard size sun? The minimum in size that CAN supernova? The amount of energy released by FORCING a star to go supernova? How do you test someones power level when they reach "Im an entire galaxy of stars exploding with every punch"? They cant test it on earth, obviously. Thats kind of a bit more energy than can be unleashed without destroying the planet. They cant even test it in our solar system as im sure an explosion that powerful would obliterate the entire thing. Do they find some vast reach of empty space with millions of light years of nothing inside it then say, "Here, punch this pad"?
    It's probably the same guy that writes Pokedex entries.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Marcargo is hotter than the surface of the sun.

Also, last I checked, Sentry like... goes all over the place power wise.
    I possess the Addicted to Editing flaw. I have edit my posts 3 seconds after posting them for 10 minutes.

Current Projects:

Backing Dragon: the Inheritance - World of Darkness Fan game where you play a dragon
    Mutant - Be a horrible abomination of a player character. Comes in a variety of flavors.
    Proprietor - Bring a House to a Sword fight! Be the adventuring interior/exterior decorator. Use siege weapons, customize your hour.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

To be fair, the Pokedex entries make a lot more sense when you take into account they were mostly written by a 10-year old kid based on his/her first impression of Pokemon he/she's captured, with likely little to no scientific grasp of exactly what they're writing.