New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIII

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Your turn to decide what to do," John says, packing away his violin, "I already chose gym and music."
    Oh sure, shift the blame on the wife. She grins teasingly.

"Wife." The word feels strange and new in her mouth. She can't wait, though!

I dunno, you don't know the city very well. Want me to show you?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #1442

Zangora Forest

..-. .- .. .-. / . -. --- ..- --. .... --..-- / --. . - / .-. . .- -.. -.-- / - .... . -. .-.-.-
    (Fair enough, get ready then.)

Alyx blinks a reply, Beatrix seems a bit impatient though. "Isn't just saying 'okay' enough? Do you really have to blink out long words too?" She questions the pokemon who just seem to ignore her as he will suddenly launch Mawil high up into the air. Hopefully she will see something from here.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest

Some twists in the air gives Mawile a good 360-degree view. When she starts falling, she curls up so that she'll land on her sturdy jaw, protecting her from most of the damage.

4. - Top - End - #1444

Zangora Forest

Actually, Mawil's final descend is slowed down thanks to Alyx telekinesis as he gently puts her down on the ground again.
    .-- .... .- - / -.. .. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .-.. . .- .-. -. ..--..
    (What did you learn?)

He then blinks at her.

5. - Top - End - #1445

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIII: Sorry, I had a bunch of tests.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Dragon-Slaying Quest]

John takes the bottle and tucks it into his bag. "Maybe letting them know that they can give the skull to us, or they can deal with the dragon." He pulls out his rifle and attaches a fancy looking scope to it. It is hard to spot the runes lightly carved into the outer shell of the scope as light seems to be absorbed into it. He looks around hoping to spot a good sniper point overlooking the camp.

"I'll find a good spot and watch your back. If things go bad just get out of there and I will make sure no one follows you."
    [Dragon-Slaying Quest]

There are, in fact, two or three good sniper shots. On the side of the valley where the bandit camp is, there's a rocky cliff above it, perfect for hiding amongst the rocks. On the other side of the valley, there's all the trees, and the scope will help in aiming from that far away.

"I'll do my best," replies the woman. She turns and sneaks down the valley a little...after all, if they don't see her until she gets close to their camp, they might get suspicious. If they think they see her first...not so much. There's definitely time for John to get into position.

Zorzo then walks up towards the camp, very visible to the two bandits around the fire. She waves. One looks a little weary and the other looks lighthearted and maybe even a little drunk. They converse. It seems the conversation starts to go downhill. Finally, Zorzo offers her most visible weapons in exchange for a chance to talk to their leader. The merry one takes the weapons over to the south tent before returning with a bottle of wine (that must be where they keep the armory and food), and the sober points her to a tent on the north side.

Zorzo enters the north tent.

Waiting only for three measly seconds after she enters, the suspicious bandit silently wakes up three more bandits from their sleep and leads them away from the camp. They start plotting in a hushed voice, with malicious looks on their face.

A wild textbox appears!
    What does John do?

) Catch moths and other bugs?
    ) Sneak down to the south tent to find the weaponry?
    ) Indiscriminately snipe everybody?
    ) Try to overhear what the bandits are talking about?
    ) Wait to see what happens?
    ) Turn into a werewolf and charge the camp, mercilessly tearing out their souls?
    ) Go fishing in the little river?
    ) Eat the dreams of the bandits who are still asleep?
    ) Something else?
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-02-09 at 02:45 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Derek does indeed return later that night. He looks very relaxed, which comes from being very tired. The damage to the boat had been more then he thought and was fairly draining to repair magically. He smiles as he knocks on the door to the cottage.
    Jezebelle answers the door, a finger to her mouth. Shhhh. They're sleeping. she'll stand aside to let him in. I saved you some soup.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Homework Under the Sea

When metal men hug, is there a spark somewhere in their heart?

Hugs occur. They're about as comforting as one would expect.
    "Ok..."
    A distraction occurs when Margret purposefully kicks a lever, the drill abruptly changes directions and digging begins.
    Magtok withdraws, and turns his attention towards the drilling, even if there's not a whole lot to watch. Probably just a whole lot of clouds of dirt and little bits of rock being kicked up and thrown around, really.

"We should probably talk to Pat and see if she'll have one more. Probably should've asked her ages ago, really, but by the time I realized she wanted kids, well..."

Yeah, by then Cassius had shown up, and Maggy had hardly any time to think or act at all. Before Pat's cyborg could put the whole MagCave family together, he wound up harpooned to death by that awful human supremacy movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest

"<Okay... over that way,>" Mawile points to the west, "<Is the closest edge of the forest. That way,>" She turns to point north, "<Was some kind of lake, and that way,>" She points east, "<The forest gets a lot thicker-looking. However, That way... ish, is what looks like a small town.>" She points to the southeast.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Magtok withdraws, and turns his attention towards the drilling, even if there's not a whole lot to watch. Probably just a whole lot of clouds of dirt and little bits of rock being kicked up and thrown around, really.

"We should probably talk to Pat and see if she'll have one more. Probably should've asked her ages ago, really, but by the time I realized she wanted kids, well..."

Yeah, by then Cassius had shown up, and Maggy had hardly any time to think or act at all. Before Pat's cyborg could put the whole MagCave family together, he wound up harpooned to death by that awful human supremacy movement.
    Homework Under the Sea

"I DON'T WANT ANOTHER MOM!" Margret exclaims decisively. It probably sounds louder than it really is inside here, but that's also probably negated by all the digging noises.

The drilling can be kinda boring, yes. More fun to watch a five second montage of someone else doing it.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Barbarian in the Playground

Homework Under the Sea

"Alright! Okay that's fine, I'm sorry I suggested it! She'd accept you as one of her own in a heartbeat if I asked, is all. But I understand, maybe it's better that we don't. What about socializing with kids your age, though? I mean, there's plenty of them down by GLoG, and as long as you bring a squad of the 'bots and get home before nine..."

Man, Magtok has so much guilt hanging over him over this lousy inattentive father business, doesn't he? I mean, if he'd be willing to overlook his loathing for GLoG of all things...
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

11. - Top - End - #1451

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dir'Ba Cave

One the move again. Deeper in the cave they go, past the area inhabited by the dire bats. The ground gets damper and the smell of smoke and waste fills the air. Ruisphah starts to get anxious as the cave starts to narrow.

Ahead of them the cave turns to the right. The flickering light of a fire illuminates the wall from beyond the bend and the faint murmurs of a course voice can be heard. It is impossible to make out what the voice is saying, but it stops every now and then as if waiting for a response. A conversation perhaps?

It is likely that they are approaching their goal. It would be wise to proceed with caution.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

[Dir'ba Cave]

Gerbo looks back at the rest of the group and puts his finger to his lips to signal for silence.

Crouching low, ready to charge in if he's noticed, he pokes his gnome head around the bend, to try to peer inside. Gerbo can't see in total dark, but if there's at least a little light he can see almost as well as in broad daylight. His pupils dilate almost to take in all his eyes as he strains to understand what's going on in there.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

13. - Top - End - #1453

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Zangora Forest

"<Okay... over that way,>" Mawile points to the west, "<Is the closest edge of the forest. That way,>" She turns to point north, "<Was some kind of lake, and that way,>" She points east, "<The forest gets a lot thicker-looking. However, That way... ish, is what looks like a small town.>" She points to the southeast.
    Zangora Forest

"Finally, great job everyone! Pizza is on me when we get there!" Beatrix says before she starts to walk east, Alyx having to quickly attempt to follow her.

-.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / ... . . / .. ..-. / .. - / .... .- -.. / .- / .--. --- -.- -.-. . -. - . .-. ..--..
    (Did you see if it had a pokecenter?)
    He still manages to blink while trying to follow his trainer.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest

"<Oh, good, pizza!>" Pizza is good! But Mawile does pay attention to Alyx's blinks. "<I didn't see that distinctive red roof, if that's what you're asking. Or the blue roof of a 'mart, but they might have more traditional buildings there. We won't know for sure until we get there.>"

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Dragon Hunting]

John picks a spot in the woods that has enough cover to keep him hidden as he watches the camp. He curses to himself silently as she heads into a tent. He can't really cover her if he can't see her. He hopes that she is OK and doesn't make any sort of move yet not wanting to start something she might be able to talk her way out of. To far away to hear what the men are saying he keeps watching for now. He tries to see what kind of weapons these bandits seem to be carrying.

--------------------------

[Melody's Island-Cottage]

Derek smiles at the mention of saved soup. He comes inside trying to sneak in a kiss as he comes in. "Thanks. How was your day?" He asks her quietly not wanting to wake the girls.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Homework Under the Sea

"Alright! Okay that's fine, I'm sorry I suggested it! She'd accept you as one of her own in a heartbeat if I asked, is all. But I understand, maybe it's better that we don't. What about socializing with kids your age, though? I mean, there's plenty of them down by GLoG, and as long as you bring a squad of the 'bots and get home before nine..."

Man, Magtok has so much guilt hanging over him over this lousy inattentive father business, doesn't he? I mean, if he'd be willing to overlook his loathing for GLoG of all things...
    Homework Under the Sea

"I guessss..." Margret says reluctantly. She's a home defense system, not some creepy magical campground girl. Ewww.

Socializing would probably do Margret some good. Or end in GLoG half blown to smithereens. Win win for Magtok!
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Zangora Forest

Alyx simply nods in response this time, not bothering to blink out a message this time.
    Beatrix wastes no time though and is trying walk at a very fast pace, not wanting to take any breaks until she reached the town Mawile saw.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest to Town

The town is a good bit away, and when they get there the first thing the group is likely to notice is that it's empty.

Utterly, utterly empty.

No people, no birds, a whole lot of nothing.

19. - Top - End - #1459

Zangora Forest to Town

"Oh come on!" Beatrix facepalms. "This is just my luck! Just. My. Luck." She declares and then let's out a long sigh. "Any ideas what to do now? No way we're staying in an abandoned town. It's too creepy."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest to Town

Mawile looks around a bit, and then shrugs. "<Maybe we can find a map? I remember someone saying that making maps of the nexus is impossible, though.>"

She looks around a bit more. "<Where would we start?>" Most of the buildings around here are houses, but over there are some larger buildings. Might be a market street.

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Troll in the Playground

[Melody's Island- Cottage]

Derek smiles at the mention of saved soup. He comes inside trying to sneak in a kiss as he comes in. "Thanks. How was your day?" He asks her quietly not wanting to wake the girls.
    The kiss is snuck in. Tiring. Jezebelle says with a sigh. I told Estia about the possibility of her having magic. Jezebelle sits down rather heavily. She didn't take it as well as I'd hoped.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-02-10 at 05:10 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #1462

Zangora Forest to Town

Beatrix looks at Alyx for answers and apparently he got some. "Um, okay. Let's split into teams of two. Me and Alyx and then Mawile and Crystal"

She takes up the blue and white ball from her bag andsends out Crystal who immediately turns to look at Mawile, grinning at the other pokemon with her row of perfectly white, razor sharp teeth.

"Let's start with those two houses. After visiting one house make sure you can still see the other team before moving to the next one, we got to keep close. If anything happen just scream... or something."

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zangora Forest to Town

Mawile nods to Beatrix, and then waves Crystal toward the houses. She knocks on the first door, as there is no doorbell, and then waits a bit before knocking harder.

The first house that Beatrix visits will not respond to knocks, but she might notice that it is unlocked.

24. - Top - End - #1464

Zangora Forest to Town

Beatrix doesn't bother knocking, she will have Alyx telekinetically open the door to see what's inside, staying a fair distance away once it opens. Who knew what creepy things that could be hiding in there?

Meanwhile crystal is still looking at Mawile, seemingly far more curious by her then the town around them. She won't do anything for now but seem rather amused for some reason.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Empty Town

It seems to be empty. There is some light filtering in through the windows, but she can turn on some electric lights if she wants to. This appears to be a living room, centered around a fireplace. Over there is a door, open to what appears to be a dining room.

Mawile also tries the knob on this door, and it's locked. Not going to press the issue, she steps away and notices Crystal. She's somewhat familiar with Sableyes, the creepy things, and knows that what they're thinking doesn't often show on their face.

"<You have something to say?>" Mawile asks.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Empty Town

Beatrix peeks in quickly and without really entering the house she seem to be done. "Oookay, looks empty, doubt they keep maps in there anyway." She quickly closes the door and hurries away fro the house with Alyx trying to follow her.
    She then turns to look around again, there had to be a map somewhere. Maybe there was one in the store? She looks for a building that looks like it would be the general store. They sometimes sold maps right?

Meanwhile Crystal keeps her grin but shakes her head without replying. It's like a joke Mawile just isn't in on.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Dwarf in the Playground

Empty Town

When she gets close enough, it will looks like those larger buildings are stores! That one there is a bakery, as is apperant from the number of delectable treats in the window. Further down the same street is a general store, though.

Mawile simply moves on. A joke that she isn't in on... that's a Saybleye's default state of life, she thinks. Mawile figures that the 'joke' boils down to 'I'm a Saybleye and you're not.' As for why that's so entertaining...

Yeah, no. Mawile just moves on; trying to figure out Sableyes can only bring tears. If Beatrix begins moving toward the shops, Mawile will follow.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Oh sure, shift the blame on the wife. She grins teasingly.

"Wife." The word feels strange and new in her mouth. She can't wait, though!

I dunno, you don't know the city very well. Want me to show you?
    "Sounds wonderful," John smiles and stands up, "I probably need to go clothes shopping now, anyways."
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

29. - Top - End - #1469

Empty Town

Treats... so hungry... but she couldn't eat food in a creepy ghost town could she? It just looked like everyone had stood up and left. Maybe there was a volcano nearby or something? Some natural disaster?

Or maybe they all had been taken away by mole people. Whatever the reason, she didn't like it. Maybe... she tales up her cell phone to see if she can get in her location now. It hadn't been working for hours but this place counted as civilization right? It had to work here.

While she does that, she continue towards the general store, letting Alyx keeping an eye on things.

As Mawile wanders towards the shops, Crystal follows. If Mawile listens closely it sounds almost like the Sableye is copying her every foot step. Only moving whenever she's moving. Nearly in perfect sync with Mawile. What the reason for this is though is anyone's guess.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Empty Town

It's because Sableyes are creepy. They love it, they revel in it. Mawile does not care!

She also eyes the treats, and even sniffs at them. "<These aren't old. These aren't old at all...>"

The general store is unlocked, and a ringing bell lets the interior know that the door opened when she opens it. Inside is full of various things, a few snacks, a few other supplies... no maps readily apparent, though.