New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XVI: There's a Pony for That!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    So, these two from the Comic Con poster...
    Spoiler
    Show

Who are they?
    There's been a lot of speculation on that. They didn't exist in Season 1, so it might be a shout forward to Season 2.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

2. - Top - End - #542

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Something tells me that Twilight wouldn't approve of this behavior.
    Luna, on the other hand...
    Momma Luna was the one who encouraged me to make that spell in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show

Who are they?
    What, don't you know Hatris and Gummy's Dad? Geez, what sort of fan are you? Clearly they're from episode mumblemumble

3. - Top - End - #543

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    ...Why does that not surprise me in the least?

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

4. - Top - End - #544
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    One day I will have children, and when they ask me where rainbows come from, I'll say this: "It's because the storm makes the clouds shake so much that all the ponies in the sky vomit."
    I just realized that socks are the opposite of ponies. With socks you start with a pair of two, then one of them gets lost. With ponies you start with one, then you ship them and you have a pair of two.
    Between these two comments you've elevated yourself to the role of moustachioed, uncanny valley pony Buddha. Pure wisdom.

Roll: '2'.

But I am a Princess! You know this! I don't deserve to be hauled around on somepony's shoulder like that! I was very uncomfortable and embarrassing. *squeak*
    Mask: *Draws a pair of angry eyebrows on her mask to clearly express what she thinks of Midnight complaining of Uncomfortable and Embarrassing in this situation*

This, on the other hand, is the sort of treatment I can go for.
    Mask: "You wouldn't care to phrase your three wishes soonish? I've got... important things... to do. Like..."

*Mask visualises her mental checklist:
    - Polish Mask
    - Mope
    - Build global conspiracy of lies
    - Escape from moon*

"... Like things, okay?"

Mask: "Back in the day respectable mages would research moustache science, grumble grumble..."

What, don't you know Hatris and Gummy's Dad? Geez, what sort of fan are you? Clearly they're from episode mumblemumble
    These names are now canon.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-07-21 at 08:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Who are they?
    Toothy and Shamus O'Maney.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #546

Well, it's official, I'm jealous of how well another fanfic is doing, and it's a bad feeling, I don't usually ever feel something like this about anything, and I don't like how I'm feeling about it at all, especially since I know it's kind of pointless and petty.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-21 at 09:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547

Well, it's official, I'm jealous of how well another fanfic is doing, and it's a bad feeling and I don't like how I'm feeling about it at all, especially since I know it's kind of pointless and petty.
    Just don't trust any of Luna's 'old friends' that can help you deal with the situation.

Unless you like the moon a whole bunch.
    Do you like the moon a whole bunch?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

D'oh! Knew it was too good to last. Boomerang are only showing the first half of season 1 (they started repeating today). I guess they'll show the later half at some other point...

Fragdammit.

(That's one thing the US - and Japan - seem to have over us; when you guys get a new season, you seem to get one a week like traditional "non-children's" (sic) shows. Over here, the children's channels tend more to spam half a season or so daily when they deign to show something, then repeat ad nauseum (and sometimes not even in a coherent order). While we still had Tsumani, they tended to work a bit better, but Cartoon Network UK long since stopped caring about not being completely rubbish...)

9. - Top - End - #549

Well, it's official, I'm jealous of how well another fanfic is doing, and it's a bad feeling, I don't usually ever feel something like this about anything, and I don't like how I'm feeling about it at all, especially since I know it's kind of pointless and petty.
    You're jealous?! You've got twice as many reviews and infinity more fanarts than my highest rated piece. You're jealous?!

(I'm kidding - green isn't my colour )

Alright, need sleeps. Nite everypony!

10. - Top - End - #550

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    You're jealous?! You've got twice as many reviews and infinity more fanarts than my highest rated piece. You're jealous?!

(I'm kidding - green isn't my colour )

Alright, need sleeps. Nite everypony!
    This is part of the reason why I know it's stupid and petty for me to feel jealous at the moment. I'm not usually feeling like this either, so, yeah, a lot of the reason I feel bad is because I know it's bad for me to feel jealous. I know it's stupid.
    Last edited by EsperDerek; 2011-07-21 at 09:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember Berry Punch? While I was pre-reading for another author, he had this interesting interpretation of Berry Punch. Her alcoholic side is just a cover. Her real talent is collecting and disseminating delicious factoids about other ponies. Her cutie mark represents the grape-vine.

It makes the potential for pony shenanigans all the more delicious.

@EsperDerek
    I suppose I should be jealous too. I have not got a 6-starred story yet! (obviously joking, but yeah I get that feeling sometimes, I don't deny it. The latest being Past Sins. Gosh darn I wish I can write like them.)
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-07-21 at 09:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552

This is part of the reason why I know it's stupid and petty for me to feel jealous at the moment. I'm not usually feeling like this either, so, yeah, a lot of the reason I feel bad is because I know it's bad for me to feel jealous. I know it's stupid.
    Hey, man, I'm driven by a cocktail of vitriolic hatred and self loathing. It's an incredibly ugly side to my psyche, and everyone has some of that somewhere, but beating yourself up over it is unproductive and unhealthy. Be aware of it and manage how it expresses itself.

Make friends with your dark side. It worked for me and Masky here.

Metal Mask: "I'm a metaphor for internet trolling!"

Shh! Don't tell them that!

13. - Top - End - #553

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    @EsperDerek
    I suppose I should be jealous too. I have not got a 6-starred story yet! (obviously joking, but yeah I get that feeling sometimes, I don't deny it. The latest being Past Sins. Gosh darn I wish I can write like them.)
    That would be the one, just from the sheer amount of attention it's gotten already, and there's already been a couple of comments how they like Nyx over Midnight, including a kind of insulting one, and I know it shouldn't feel that way, but it just causes something to churn in my stomach, and then I feel bad for feeling that way.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

That would be the one, just from the sheer amount of attention it's gotten already, and there's already been a couple of comments how they like Nyx over Midnight, including a kind of insulting one, and I know it shouldn't feel that way, but it just causes something to churn in my stomach, and then I feel bad for feeling that way.
    Don't worry, Midnight will always be the offspring of LunaxTwilightxTrixie in my fanon.

Fan: I like Nyx.
    Lyra: Silly bronies, that's not how you spell Midnight.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-07-21 at 09:22 AM.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Troll in the Playground

I'm starting to notice a theme with Luna's magic here...
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #556

Hey, don't feel bad. Midnight still has an absolute ton of fans, and is an amazing, well written, and well fleshed out character. I like Nyx too, but Midnight is still awesome in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    I'm starting to notice a theme with Luna's magic here...
    Well she had to do something to occupy herself while she was on the moon, and she was alone...

Oh Celestia someone please get me the jumbo tub of brain bleach

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Go to sleep bobcat; ponies will still be here in the morning. Also, that link goes to page one of this thread. I think you probably meant to link to your story.

I'll read it in the morning since, with us both being in the same state, I should follow that advice I gave you.
    I'm going to quote Gadora, because he has the right link for easy reading later, but I'm going to direct my promise to read this at DBC. Things keep happening, and I always see your posts right as work is starting, but I will make time for feedback! I will!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

This would be the perfect time for the Scootaloo "Disregard Haters, Remain Adorable", but my usual search methods are failing me. Curses!

Don't feel bad about it. Nyx and Midnight are two different beasts entirely and really shouldn't be compared; both are unique concepts done well, but have to do with entirely different themes, characters, etc.

On the note of uniqueness, I'll eat something inedible if anypony did anything closely resembling Midnight's origin story before you did. o.O
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    There's been a lot of speculation on that. They didn't exist in Season 1, so it might be a shout forward to Season 2.
    WAIT
    STOP

This poster is CANON? As in, Hasbro did it or something? I thought it was a fan thing that wasn't official!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #560

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    WAIT
    STOP

This poster is CANON? As in, Hasbro did it or something? I thought it was a fan thing that wasn't official!
    Yep. They're handing out 5,000 of them at Comic-Con.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

And I feel very sad that I won't be able to get one. Oh well. Maybe next year.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

22. - Top - End - #562

For the record, I am horrible at following my own advice.

One day I will have children, and when they ask me where rainbows come from, I'll say this: "It's because the storm makes the clouds shake so much that all the ponies in the sky vomit."
    You sound like you'd make a good parent.

if I wasn't already the element of moustache, I'd be challenging you on that.
    Sorry to hear that you're in the same boat as me.

I just realized that socks are the opposite of ponies. With socks you start with a pair of two, then one of them gets lost. With ponies you start with one, then you ship them and you have a pair of two.
    The next tome I match socks, it ought to be a rather surreal experience. Thanks to your comment and my sleepy brain, I now view that as shipping socks.

With such a long timespan it's not squicky, just weird. Actually, it's normal. Assume that on average every 25 years a new generation is born. Then 1000 years equal 40 generations. 2^40 = 1.099.511.627.776. That means to have your parents not share any ancestors there had to be more than 1 trillion humans alive in the year 1011 AD. (There weren't.)
    Well, if all you want is for your parents to not share any ancestors, you don't need every ancestor to be unique; geograpihical isolation would suffice. It's really only if you also want to avoid multiple instances of an ancestor on one side that you need to resort to such a large population.

Funny, I have 3.000 images in my new folder I haven't looked at yet on deviant art and will be lost soon if I don't post them now.

by the way, why is it that you always have the same ideas like me, but post it before me? Like the idea that Soarin's ancestor worked for the Shadowbolts. it makes scrolling down a depressing experience.

And now on to writing about the system of health care before the introduction of the Bismarck's social programs instead of going through my dA account to post pony pictures.
    My DeviantWatch currently sits at 4,038. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually...

Eurgh. I can't for the life of me remember the title of that episode, but isn't that the one that aired on the first of April? I remember the thread exploded with speculation after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowydragon View Post
    And I feel very sad that I won't be able to get one. Oh well. Maybe next year.
    I'm with you on this. With the number available being so very low, the price on that is going to skyrocket. Might be interesting to watch e-bay afterwards.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    D'oh! Knew it was too good to last. Boomerang are only showing the first half of season 1 (they started repeating today). I guess they'll show the later half at some other point...

Fragdammit.

(That's one thing the US - and Japan - seem to have over us; when you guys get a new season, you seem to get one a week like traditional "non-children's" (sic) shows. Over here, the children's channels tend more to spam half a season or so daily when they deign to show something, then repeat ad nauseum (and sometimes not even in a coherent order). While we still had Tsumani, they tended to work a bit better, but Cartoon Network UK long since stopped caring about not being completely rubbish...)
    Look on the bright side! You get to watch the first half of season 1 again!
    Note to self: Make a ponymoticon of Pinkie Pie making that face. That's the only way that face could be any more cheerful.

Oh, this Nyx character's from a fanart? I stumbled on some commissioned art of it and wrote it off. If it makes you feel any better I'll always love Midnight more than Nyx. Mostly because my sister's online name is Nyx or a variation of it. I can't see that name without thinking of her, which kinda ruins the whole thing. Hooray for mental association!

Wait, they are? BLAST! I have a friend who was going to go but her car broke down and ate her money. She could have gotten me one.

Though I don't think those two in the balloon mean anything. From far enough away the gator is easily Twilight. I'm just guessing someone's trolling the internet with them.

24. - Top - End - #564

Boomerang sure is different in the UK than it is in the US. Here it's nothing but a swarm of old Hanna-Barbara cartoons.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #565
    Troll in the Playground

Day Four: I begun to feel more empathy for AJ, specifically, fourth episode.

Except she had been doing that for a day, not two weeks :E

In other words, creative energy at 0.001% level

Anyway, out of curiosity, anyone knows how popular in fandom Flutterpink ship currently is?

Also, went to look what kind of merchandise awaits MLP fan in my beloved country :E

Attempt 1:

Spoiler
    Show

Well, that isn't so bad. Small gazette for children printed in pretty big numbers, containing poster and horrible gymnastic band with Twilight-themed handle. Did not buy.

Attempt 2:

Spoiler
    Show
    Link.

Yes, these are actual markers. The card reads 'My Beloved Little Horse' and 'Create Pony of your dreams!'. Who cares if you want Rainbow Dash or Rarity, you can make them yourself! :E

And actually, this photo is doctored to look good, I'll try making photo of actual toy (and a few other horrible specimens) tomorrow

Oh, and it costs about 7$.

...So, if anyone else will protest that they don't have access to one pony figure, while his market has all the others, I'll probably start bitterly laughing :P
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone a while ago had posted a Youtube video of Pinkie Pie's hair inflating and deflating for like 10 minutes or something. I need this video now. But I can't find it. It was the deflation scene from Party of One, but all I can find is the inflation from Best Night Ever.
    Though admittedly this one's still amusing to watch...

27. - Top - End - #567

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Someone a while ago had posted a Youtube video of Pinkie Pie's hair inflating and deflating for like 10 minutes or something. I need this video now. But I can't find it. It was the deflation scene from Party of One, but all I can find is the inflation from Best Night Ever.
    The amazing bi-polar pony
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    All I've got handy is this one that runs for a minute forty. Will that suffice?

EDIT: I see that the ninjas are out early today.

EDIT 2: Huh, looking at the stats on the video, we would seem to be responsible for 31 of the views on that one.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-07-21 at 11:40 AM.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

That's the one! Thanks! I forgot what it was called and kept doing a search on inflating/deflating hair.

Also! Before I forget, Lex-Kat! Your pony werewolf game! Idea! Instead of Snips/Snails/Diamond Tiara/etc being the villains, have the hydra be the villains. ALL the villains.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Troll in the Playground

@ Esper: Just out of curiosity, what fic is this? And I'll admit, I've been feeling some sour grapes at the sudden upsurge of Midnight fanart lately.

@ Welf: I'm sorry, Welf. I guess we just think a lot alike, but I've had the advantage of not having a job.

@ Blurry Figures: Hatsy and Gator sounds like an old Hanna Barbera cartoon. Hatsy would have the voice of Top Cat and Gator would have Peter Potamus' voice. They travel in their balloon having random adventures.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com