New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: In Character #2

Hopeful that her actions would prevent the destruction of the remaining forests on the blasted isle Hespa returned to Sa'Mundo. Upon arriving she grew disappointed in the lack of good music to dance to. In order to rectify the situation Hespa created the satyr, a being with the lower body of a goat and the upper body of a humanoid. She set about teaching them song, music, and instrumentation. Of the many satyr that she created one played melodies so energetic they could wake the dead, or so mournful they could bring the gods to tears. This one was called Pan and to him did Hespa teach the art of drawing magic through music, to enhance the mood and melody of the song of course. Hespa spent some time dancing and playing with her new creations, wondering if anyone else would notice the sound.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 6 -1 (create life - satyr) -1(raise hero - Pan) - 1 Lead Populace (music) -1 Create Class - song mage = 2 AP 10/12 GP

2. - Top - End - #182
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Staging grounds, The Barren Plains

Evanzar glanced at the computer screen, his eyes flickering over the lines of Mathamancy runes. He flicked a telepathic command at it and the screen replaced the runes with a matrix of glowing lines. They mapped out the invasion area, arrows marking out the attack patterns and nexuses of lines pointing out enemy strongpoints and defenses. He sent another command and a list popped up. Values. Troop counts. Expected resistance.

Current counts sat at just over two million troops. All ready and waiting in the Plains.
    One thousand six hundred and two golemships. The latest convoy had supplied a new hundred or so. He checked the vampire troops count and then desired troop count. Ground troops, two million needed. Evanzar mentally checked it off, and the computer did the same. He ran down the numbers checking each off, ending with number of heavy Void cannons. One hundred two. Check. He ran his eyes down the line again.

Every row was checked.

Evanzar's eyes widened. Finally, after ten years of amassing troops...

They were ready. The invasion could begin.

Spoiler
    Show
    11AP
    -1AP Lead Populace (Computers)
    With the dawn of a new technological era, a new information keeping method was required to keep up with the increasing demands of the Empire. The Mathamancers responded with the computer, which quickly grew popular both publicly and militarily. Using Mathamancy to function and program, the computers are one of the outstanding achievements in divine magitech, having found use in the military as targeting devices, the government as record keepers, and the private sector for a number of things.
    -1AP Lead Populace (Antimagic Hardening)
    Throughout the history of golemtech, a single glaring weakness has showed through: antimagic. As the Empire expands its golemtech use, its best golemtechnicians came up with a way to bind multiple antimagic defense spells together while making any golemtech, in order to make it more difficult to disable them.
    9AP
    6/24GP
    Last edited by apocalypsePast2; 2011-01-22 at 12:12 AM.
    Four Gods wait on the windowsill
    Where once eight Gods did war and will,
    And if the gods themselves may die,
    What does that say for you and I?

Now three Gods sit on the windowsill,
    Where one God's blood was lately spilled
    Black tounges lap at the spreading pool,
    To build the strength they need to rule.

- The Quartet For The Dusk Of Man, Tycho Ephemerous Brahe

Call me Apoc.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Iurious Teppelin

For a short time Iurious keeps working on the golden egg. But eventually he puts it down and turns to address Teikoku. "The fall of the Bastion 6 disturbs me. I have been vaguely uneasy about them from the start, and it gets worse every year. In the beginning I was confident that the Spiral could be salvaged, and you were confident that it was corrupted. Perhaps you were right then, but you are unfortunately right now." Iurious pauses here, staring out at the eggs, before continuing he mutters, "Need to construct facilities for the dragons... Well anyway, today's corruption was brought about by your actions, the Spiral turns wherever humans do, and it bights the hand that hits it. You could have tried to ensure the correct direction of the Spiral, but instead you gave it a target. Now I do not say that the Bastions should be eliminated, now that the Spiral is darkening, if they got out now, in such an agitated state it could be very very bad. I saw your reaction to the eggs. Four hundred will help with the Bastions, although they won't be grand enough for about ten years even with minor growth acceleration. Dripio will be their leader, and he will serve until the Bastions fall. Here boy." The dragon scampered up to Iurious. "Now what do you say to the Goddess?"

"Hello lady Teikoku." the dragon said in a soft voice, unused to speech.

"Good lad. Thankfully they are not as, well, stupid is a tad harsh, foolish perhaps? As the Tieflings."
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ettin in the Playground

Hal'Xaazar, the Void

"And in the beggining, I was the mimic. The one who couldn't create anything new, only reproduce..."

The mirror lord chuckles, as his mantle churns, and a thing with great wings appears from it, vast beyond measure but unperceived by any eyes.

"Now... Everyone mimics Terran's design. It is only apt that I myself return to my origins."

The vast wyrm unfolds its wings in the void, descending unto the world with clutches of eggs to scatter around the mists to the east.

---------

Dalni's Pride & Changeling Village

"Distance is an illusion. With the right eyes one can perceive the points were all places converge. The magic does the rest. We had to master this magic, the Netherglacier is too vast and dangerous to cross by physical means, specially if the goal is too far away."

Was the answer of the changeling mage.

At the party down bellow, the changelings did eat, and all was merry.

----------

Wilds of the Cold Blessed Isle

Winter had settled on this region long ago, blanketing everything with a white mantle.

And over this mantle strode the brood spawn and the changelings, the later in their lifecrafted behemoths, some more alive than the others, but all alive nonetheless, even if it took the need to be inside one to notice it. With them were also featureless things bearing arms and armor, drone soldiers made with those same arts of lifecraft.

Not so much a campaign of conquest, since all but the region of Teppelin had been abandoned long ago, as a colonization of the long-empty lands, and not as difficult either, the changelings knew all of the cities of old, and their glassteel resources, provided in ages past by the Mirror Duke Val'Amun and his people.

-------

Llymic, Great Ziggurat

More did his wounds heal, and more did his power grow over time, and the winter too grew stronger and more encompassing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lights, camera, ACTIONS!

1 AP, Create Life: Energy Dragon.
    2 AP, Create Organization: Transposer Guild (Class: Teleporter)
    1 AP, Lead Populace: Lifecrafting.
    1 AP, Create Life: Bulette.
    1 AP, Create Life: Remorhaz.
    1 AP, Create Life: Siege Monster (template).
    Boon Artifact: Bless the changeling empire (taking over the northern portion of the blessed isle).
    1 AP, Alter Land (rank 6): Spread the Winter to the Barren Plains, Gate of the Inverted World and another portion of Sa'Mondo (half of it should now be wintry).
    Impulsive, Create Life: Servitor.

AP: 0
    Impulsive: 0
    Boon: 0
    Bane: 2

Growth: 16/24

Lifecrafting
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lifecrafting is a colection of magic techniques used to create magic items, grafts and even living creatures.
    Last edited by Draken; 2011-01-22 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Shanfyer-Endless Pages
    "Yeah, I don't think anyone cares if I build some stuff over there! Let's get cracking!"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1=8-7 for Create Small Continent: Andergard!
    AP 0=1-1 for Create Land over a small area to add an island right south of Andergard!
    I"ll get an image up here soon.

"Not quite as big as I wanted, but I can add more later."
    ((He can add more later, right?))
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Sozuchi - Endless Pages

"Looks nice, but just a bunch of rocks. Mind if I spice things up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    indeed he can, if you so choose.

offering to alter your land to any size you'd like, up to and including its own planet independent of the rest. also, asking permission to add some non-sentient creatures there, some to have stories told about them and the others to aid in storytelling.

ap actions: dropping my mortal aftifact and re-gaining my Dragon Tail Ring

ap: 8+1 bonus ap -3 (re-gain dragon tail ring)

final ap: 6

gp: 10/24
    Last edited by planswalker; 2011-01-22 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Odium the Blank Water World

He had been flying for hours, and he had yet to sight land. His wings no longer beat as strongly as the flight began, by now Odium was going weak. But now, he again felt fear. Before long he would fall to his death, but until then he had to fly on. Thankfully he did not have to fly long, soon Water World came into sight. As he went in to land his strength finally and he crashed into the aquatic landscape.

The Shadow Family Matters

Although he does not quite know why, the Shadow to grows sad, he says, "I do not know what Bacspaal wants, I only know what I have heard. He is not only a god of Greed but also of other things. Perhaps the biggest hindrance to your negotiations is that Bacspaal was never mortal. I am glad that you go about disputes in such an honorable manner. Do you think that the Gargoyles would mind to play host to my next creation?"

Dripio Teppelin

He had failed, that would not look good. By now two of the dots on his head had faded, and those to felt like failures. Even though he was not yet born for the first one, Dripio did not feel like a leader, he felt like a failure. He had to present his case to the council, although they were so confident in him. He did not deserve a position, but he had it by divine mandate, so their he would stay. Gritting his teeth he entered the chamber.

People The World in General

Dragons were grand things, long lived and powerful. The gods could be distant, and the dragons so close. Sometimes very very close, creating some bizarre crossbreeds with just about anything, makes you wonder what he gods who made them were thinking. Over time people began to idolize them, some of them were pariah for their imitation. Some were much farther than others, changing everything about themselves. Others only found spiritual succor, pulling miraculous powers from somewhere. Those who took their devotion farthest organized themselves, loneliness loves company.

Spoiler
    Show

Create Society: The Draconic Council (Free from Organized)
    Create Class: Dragon Shaman
    Create Organization: Order of Hidden Scales (Prestige Classes, Dragon Disciple and Draconic themed Ur Priest thingy)

AP: 10-3=7
    GP: 16/21
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

8. - Top - End - #188

Unelma: The Dreaming

As her brother created the Albae, Unelma noted it in the back of her mind, but her focus was on something else. Harnessing a small part of the very fabric of the plane itself, she wove it into something else, ... a net of dreams.
    The work was slow and required most of her attention ... and the net needed to be large ... very, very, very large ...

Unet: Butron - Hundreds of Miles South East of the Gnomish Citadel

Noting the gargoyle stirring from it's nightmare, Unet reached out with a light touch, granting the gargoyle the ease of returning to sleep, and with it peaceful dreams. Unfamiliar with mortals however, Unet places a little too much power and inspiration in the dreams, inadvertantly granting the gargoyle Dreams of inspiration.

Unelma: The Dreaming - William and his acolytes

Unelma notes those walking the paths of dreams, skirting the borders of the Dreaming itself and inspiring their fellows. Foolamancers they called themselves ... she would keep an eye on them, but thus far she was not unpleased at their presumption.

Spoiler
    Show
    The 'net of dreams' is RP, in preparation for another event coming soon to a dream near you ...

GP: 0/15
    Divine rank: 2

[Divine intervention: 1 BAP/week for unaugmented bless/curse (Avatar)]
    [Mythic: Free Raise Hero/Exarch 1/week]
    [Pouch of dreams: Free MR4 Bless 1/week]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Sozuchi - Endless Pages

"Looks nice, but just a bunch of rocks. Mind if I spice things up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    indeed he can, if you so choose.

offering to alter your land to any size you'd like, up to and including its own planet independent of the rest. also, asking permission to add some non-sentient creatures there, some to have stories told about them and the others to aid in storytelling.

ap actions: dropping my mortal aftifact and re-gaining my Dragon Tail Ring

ap: 8+1 bonus ap -3 (re-gain dragon tail ring)

final ap: 6

gp: 10/24
    "Go right ahead. I won't stop you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    An entire world? That'd be AWESOME!
    I'd model it on the world I use for my DnD games, prolly. Or, at leats the parts of it I made.

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

The Dreaming – Maguro

Still traveling the dreaming minds, collecting dreams and knitting them together, Maguro realized something.
    There seemed to be minds awake but dreaming nonetheless.

With no hesitation, he decided to investigate. And soon he realized what happened in those minds.
    There was potential.

The Dreaming – The Citadel Below – Saguro & 'The Bogeyman'

In the citadel below Saguro awoke, and called out for his servant: “Bogeyman, I have a new task for you, take this,“ and with those words he presented the Jar of Dreams, “and deliver it to a dreaming mushroom who is willing to take it from you. Then return.“
    “You command my lord, I act.“

And 'The Bogeyman' left the citadel and traveled the dreams, searching for dreaming mushrooms.

The Old World – A myconid farming community

„No, those boxes have to go ov... , do I have to do everything myself?“ Amanitop had experienced a bad day, the newly founded cep-cavern had collapsed and buried the work of months. And now those sporelings intended to step on his nerves and misplace the fertilizer.
    „Amy, don't get your hat crumbled, your shift is over, I will handle it from here on.“ Amanitop sighed, he did not like his nickname, but he was happy enough for the support Cantharel gave him.
    He had been foreman for years, sadly enough the sole one, and now that he finally had a successor, he could put up with a large part of his unappropriateness.
    „ Okay, Cantharel, good work I wish to you. Me, I think, I'll sleep like a spore in the earth tonight.“

The Dreaming – Amanitop & 'The Bogeyman'

The air was damp in the cavern, and the floor moist. Amanitop thought that this place would be ideal for a farm or a home. Yes, now that he had more time, he could think about setting his own spores in the earth.

But than something was crackling, startled Amanitop looked around, but couldn't see anything wrong, then the whole cavern shook.
    The exit, it was over there, no, the other direction, Amanitop started to panic, he had to get out of this deathtrap.
    Finally, as the first stones dropped from the ceiling, he saw the exit, it was so close he wondered how he could have missed it. He started running towards it, but he was to slow, he could never reach it in time, only one arms length and...

...something was standing in the entrance, it was a huge shape, slightly ressembling a dwarf, but rotting...

I'm dead, thought Amanitop, and I showed fear in the face of it. Is it the Rot for me now? But I'm no coward, I'll take it like a myconid. And he walked boldly towards the creature, even if his legs were shaking.

And the creature shanged, it became like a black mist, disappearing into a little container, curious Amanitop took it, and everything changed.

The Dreaming – The Citadel Below – Saguro & 'The Bogeyman'

As 'The Bogeyman' returned he not only reported his task completed, but also of people walking in dreams.

“They don't seem to be a threat, my lord, but you should be aware I thought.“
    “Do you really think I wouldn't know, I told the Albae to patrol The Dreaming. If they overstep, perhaps we keep them here.“

Spoiler
    Show

AP 3: 3-0 (Create Hero: Amanitop - free due to "Jar of Dreams")

AP: 3/15
    GP: 1/15
    Last edited by Smokin Red; 2011-01-22 at 07:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191

Kolmansk

Alexander brought back the medallion, and his new ability. From such came others, and soon Heut brought them into the fold of the Schools. Youngsters were tested for affinity with the creatures, and School of Desert Companions came into being. Alexander increased the prestige of his House greatly, and he went on to splinter to his, own, founding his own House, marrying and starting the lineage. The adder, the jackal, and the chekrayan all followed his hands. These new companions were quickly in demand throughout the Warrens, of course. Gathering parties wanted them on hand, for direct defense against the creatures that they called to, and that their creatures might help against any they did not. The School of Tactics wanted them both to practice with and against. Those, like Heut, who taught, and sought knowledge like a human might thirst after water, wanted to study them and their strange communication with animals. There simply wasn't enough of them to go around.

They were not the only new thing in town. Within three cycles, the music that had been brought to the city had been instituted as a full fledged program as part of the School of Artistic Endeavours. Scavenging parties dug in storehouses and in caves to find parts to make more of the strange stringed instruments. There were few who showed much aptitude at plucking the strings though. Once the discoverer figured out the art of tuning them to make different noises, she became highly in demand -- public events, parties, ceremonies, all wanted her to come and make the soft and wonderful sounds from her instruments. And so her position in her House grew, they gained much power and honor and wealth, and music was on the minds of the inhabitants of the Warrens.

Citadel

He hopped up aboard the strange wagon, going over the image of the gnome in his head. It seemed to fit. Sitting, he glanced over at the strange sticks that apparently controlled the wagon. A strange fellow the gnome was, perhaps, but he had met many strange fellows. He did a little half bow to the gnome. "I am at a similar disadvantage... I have never met a gnome in this life either. I doubt any human has..." He glanced up at the Citadel as the wagon started to clank forward again, taking in the size of it all. This much, at least, was not myth, so some of the rest might well be true too, he would find out. If the gnomes were making things like all this, he could see where it might be well true that there were intellectuals among them -- and that they were not apart from society. He would listen, and he would watch.

Spoiler
    Show

AP 8 - 1 (Create Class: Beastmaster) = 7
    GP 2/24
    Last edited by Rainshine; 2011-01-22 at 07:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Immortas, Conquest: Fileun

<I believe it is time to create your empire, Conquest. Immot, Jos, You are to be the leaders of a glorious Empire. Your first task is to assist the Vampires and Forsaken in liberating the Humans and defeating the Tieflings.>
    "Your will be done Master." Conquest said mounting his bone-horse. "Let's fill the Rot." (This becomes a war cry of zombies and skeletons)

Mist Sea between the Barren Plains and Blasted Isle

The mist was replaced by a land. This land was not like either the Barren Plains or the Blasted Isle but something new. It was covered in purple grass except for several deposits of metal and stone. There were creatures on this place. You could see them but not touch them, they ate the purple grass. White Conquest soon arrived with Immot, Jos and about 20,000 Zombies and Skeletons (10,000 of each) who soon set up regiments and taming the beasts of the land.

Preparations for War

"That is good Evanzar. By the way a dozen of your troops are currently on the Metal Mountains. It seems they insist on flirting with us. One of them has been on those mountains more than he has been off them! Thought has informed me the Mist Sea has been filled in and the Zombies and Skeletons are preparing for war as expected. I also believe White Conquest, Immortas' Horseman will be joining us for part of the invasion and the assault on Teppelin. We are also about to make contact with a newly discovered race called gargoyles. We may be able to convince them to help us. Our Lord, Immortas has also gifted them several new beasts that cause people to go insane, turn on each other or be wracked with intense pain."

Spoiler
    Show
    7+18AP hit max. 18AP
    18-1AP Raise Hero: Immot, First King of Conquestia
    17-1AP Raise Hero: Jos, First Emperor of Conquestia
    16-1AP Create Land: Filled in the gap between The Barren Plains and The Blasted Isle.
    15-1AP Create Civilization: State of Conquestia
    14-1AP Create Class: Bone-mancer
    13-1AP Create Class: Skin-mancer
    -Progenitor Create Life: Mind Demon
    12-1AP Create Class: Demon Master
    11-1AP Create Class Diplomat of Jebas (I just realized i didn't actually create it)
    10-3AP Gain Domain: Psionics
    1. Vampires
    2. Hive mind Lead Populace
    3. Jebas the Psion (Psionic hero)
    4. Create Class: Psion
    5. Create Class: Diplomat of Jebas

Conquestia is an Empire built for conquest. The Bone-mancers and Skin-mancers can raise fallen soldiers from the grave but doing so places a new soul and doesn't recover memories. If Jos were to fall and be raised he would have no memory of being Jos and a different personality. The nation is ruled by 2 people, a Skeleton and a Zombie. Whenever they die they are raised and their new personalities are pronounced King or Emperor.

Bone-mancers can heal Skeletons, hurt living people and raise skeletons. They can also cast spells with the Necromancy tag (except Undead Raising) and a spell called Demon Stasis which makes a Mind Demon's effect permanent. This spell is countered by Demon Change.

Skin-mancers are the same as Bone-mancers except they raise Zombies instead of Skeletons

Mind Demons are Incorporeal beasts. There are several kinds of Mind demons but all of them possess targets overloading them.
    The Insanity Demon causes victims to go insane for twice the time the Insanity Demon possesses it's victim (So if a iefling was possessed for 2 minutes it is insane while possessed and for 2 minutes after the possession ends.
    The Traitor Demon makes victims change sides. The effect only lasts while the Demon is possessing the victim.
    Agony Demons are torture devices. They make the victim relive horrible experiences, experience intense pain and if left long enough causes paralysis.

Demon Masters can tame and use the Demons of Conquestia to do their bidding. They are the only ones who can for the moment.

7AP left
    0 Progenitor left
    2 Pantheon AP left
    call me Dragon

I have left this site for a while. I probablt wont be coming back.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Selinia View Post

Princess Rayne, Training Room, Teppelin

"E-14-Alpha, move, C-12-Alpha, set target. Launch. A-15-Beta, set target, full action."
    The dark-haired girl tapped her finger against her chin, looking at the morass of data in front of her. Rayne didn't like using the actual board - it was an abstraction, and it was too easy to get caught up it that. It presented data that was not there. Just looking at the hard positioning statistics was much better. "Also, checkmate, unless I'm missing something. So, Teach, wanna explain how I beat you? This time?"

Idra groaned. He was the finest strategic mind in Teppelin... or so he'd thought. But this girl had taken this game to an absurd depth. "First Princess. You won through your own merit - however, I must point out that that was not a viable strategy for true battle. You obliterated your own troops with reckless abandon for even the smallest edge. Soldiers are not playing pieces."

Rayne looked thoughtful for a moment, then broke into a wide, toothy grin. "But do you know what are playing pieces? Playing pieces. Relax, Teach, it's just a game! I know about morale - and I have to say, this game doesn't do a very good job of approximating it." She looked at the Lord-Marshal, yawning slightly. "Yeah, if you wanna send me to bed, go ahead. I'm tired anyway, and I get that its boring to keep losing. 'Night."

Stretching, the girl yawned again. Despite her words, this was hardly a symptom of weariness - it was simply rare for Rayne to find anything that actually merited her full attention. Her dark gray eyes were half-closed almost out of habit, and she had a tendency to look like she was nodding off of boredom near-constantly at any given time. It wasn't that she wasn't observant, but simply that there wasn't enough to observe. As she gathered up her pack of class supplies, she couldn't help but quip over her shoulder.

"Love the class, Teach. Looking forward to continuing. Maybe I'll learn something next time."
    THOUGHTBUBBLE
    Amid the crystalline spheres of a near-forgotten plane, a god stirs. Finally, it's found something that truly interests it...

Ozoi unwraps his mind from its contemplations, and begins to change the mortal plane for the first time in years.

Now, where would it make sense to fit this in... there.

Teppelin
    As Princess Rayne walks through the corridors back to her room in the citadel, a man in a labcoat and a girl in a unusual military uniform step around a corner and accost her.

"Princess Rayne, do you have a moment? I'm Lloyd Slate of the Special Bioengineering Corps, and I have a proposal for you that could make your boredom go away permanently."

"Lloyd! Be more respectful! I realize you're not used to talking to people that outrank you, but she's a princess."

"Yes, I know that she's a princess, that's why we're talking to her. What do you say? Have I piqued your curiosity yet?"

Spoiler
    Show

3 rollovers since my last post means that I am maxed.
    5x3=15 AP from rollovers.

Create Organization: Special Bioengineering Corps
    The activities of this special unit of the tiefling army have been generally conducted in secret up to this point, but you can find its income streams if you look hard enough. It was established by Baron Fredrik in order to research viable alternatives to Knightmare technology after the humans learned to manipulate Crysteel. Further information will become available.

15-2=13 AP remaining. I'd better get burning if I want to get my impulsive bonus next rollover!

14. - Top - End - #194

The Black Rider, Fileun

There is a shockwave from somewhere nearby as a black streak thunders into the ground.

"...Bacsphaal has heard about your war." a voice echoes out of the shadows. "...He has decreed that assistance should be given in your endeavour, starting with myself..." The Black Rider comes out of the rapidly dissipating mist, inclining his head in respect for those present. "...If you accept, I can give an account of the other resources the Lord of Want has available..."

Gremlins in the Citadel

The Gremlossus grunts as it is shot, apparently the attacks doing little more than angrering it. That is, until it bursts into a shower of beads that actually blots out the Eye of Mondo for a few seconds, absolutely coating every single surface with beads, which soon rolled away into the sewers, into the shops, everywhere... The swarm was gone, but the Gremlins remained.

Bacsphaal, The Rot

There is a barely recognisable swip as Bacsphaal swaps himself with his Avatar and heads into the Drought.

The Drought

The Lord of Want looked out at his army and the actions of his Rider. This devestating war deal sounded like just the thing to test his new creations. taking the steps to his tower, he sits in his outrageously ostentatious throne room and begins to sort through paperwork. Well, he had to do it sometime.

Spoiler
    Show

If Marcus wants to go a-knocking on Bacsphaal's door, he's more than welcome to now.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

<Oh joy that's 2 Horsemen, Why don't we get Josiah involved and make it 3? and I know War will want to get involved even if his Master has gone silent. But first what forces does the God of Greed offer? The Gremlins currently terrorizing Bastions? Don't seem very loyal to me. Or perhaps a new weapon? something to beat the explosives the Forsaken have?>
    Immortas sat on his throne looking down at the rider.
    call me Dragon

16. - Top - End - #196
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord-Marshal Idra, Logistics Center, Teppelin

So. The forces massing on the borders of the Isle were preparing some manner of assault - no doubt wishing to take advantage of the blasted Human insurrection. The fools - Teppelin was the only thing standing between Humanity and the rest of the world, and they would strike it down. It was the Lord-Marshal's job to ensure that that did not happen.

Of course, they were hardly unprepared. Even with the humans nipping at their supply trains, they were still solidly in control of the remaining Bastions. Research had come a long way in ten years - long enough, in fact, for a number of rather useful advancements. If all else failed, he could deploy Ultima - the vessel had been held back over the decade of conflict, waiting for the moment where it could be used to greatest effect. These foolish foreigners were not what he had had in mind for it, but outside distractions needed to be dealt with quickly and efficiently before they could draw attention from the real threat.

Lost in thought, he walked in measured steps from the logistics center, hoping to pay a visit to the Research ward before retiring for the night. He almost stumbled at the unexpected sight of a microphone in his face. "Lord-Marshal, a moment of your time! What do you say to those wondering if the war with humanity, in light of recent outside threats, is growing too costly?"

He glowered at the reporter, before moving onwards. "Matters of the war are classified information. I am not fit to disclose them."

And yet the girl persisted, dogging his steps as he moved to his destination. hounding him with questions. "What about... What do you think of... Your opinion on..." At last he whirled on the absurdly dedicated newscaster.

"Who in the blazes authorized you to interview me in any case? Who in the blazes are you?"

The girl smiled confidently - she'd found what she was good at. She spoke, with a voice that hadn't stuttered in almost a decade. Someone very special had shown her all that time ago how important the truth could be - and what it was worth to get. "My name is Olivia, sir. Reporting for Teppelin News Network. And I didn't catch your answer on that last one - how goes the hunt for William Penkappa?"

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Actions!~

AP 0 + 8 (Rollover) - 0 (Lead Populace - Aircraft (Light); free from Leader of Men) - 0 (Lead Populace - Aircraft (Heavy); free from Teppelin's mortal charge) - 1 (Lead Populace - Aircraft (Capital)) - 1 (Lead Populace - Arcane Reactors) - 2 (Create Organization - Prestige Classes Red Mage and Blue Mage) - 1 (Lead Populace - Mass Media)

Pantheon AP 2 - 1 (Create Class - White Mage) - 1 (Create Class - Black Mage)

Final AP: 3
    GP: 13/24

Whew. Explanation time. A society does not for ten years stand still. Many advances have been made in that timeskip, particularly in the much-studied field of the arcane. Might as well get explaining.

First off, Aircraft. Teppelin rules the skies - through Crysteel, they can craft massive ships from something about as common as dirt. The cost of a tiefling airship is purely in the skilled enchantment work put into it to infuse that base material with power. Three broad classifications exist for airships - Light, Heavy, and Capital.

Light airships are generally defined as having a crew of between one and five. They lack the firepower and heavier weapons and armor of their larger counterparts, but make up for it in speed and mobility. Sub-classifications include Fighters, Scouts, and Disruptors.

Fighters are the lightest classification of airship in Teppelin's navy, crewed only by a single pilot. While they - like all tiefling ships - have limitless operational range due to their arcane reactors, they generally deploy to nearby locations or as escorts. They can only carry a very limited supply of heavy weaponry, and must dock to replenish those supplies. Despite traditional associations of air-to-air combat, Fighters are highly capable against nearly any target - their greatest weakness is their pitiful endurance. They are also almost universally deployed in large numbers - a swarm of Fighter craft can decimate nearly any target on land or in the sky, but such swarms are limited in their effectiveness, as without a Carrier they must make a supply run to the nearest Bastion after every attack run.

Scouts are larger than fighters, and much rarer - though no less important. They rarely engage foes directly and are equipped with only the lightest of weapons and armor - the rest of the space is taken up by sophisticated scrying equipment and supplies. A single scout craft can maintain images of troop movements in a sizable radius, and often remain on patrol for days at a time. Generally, they carry a crew of four - a pilot, second-shift pilot, scryer, and second-shift scryer, to maintain surveillance at all times. Some models of Scout also have a fifth crew-member - an illusionist, responsible for cloaking the vessel from sight.

Disruptors are a fairly new concept - they share much in common with a Fighter in appearance, but have a crew of two. This second crew member is necessary to operate the complex arcane devices onboard, and for giving the disruptor it's signature ability. As useful as Fireball or Magic Missile may be, sometimes the battle calls for more esoteric magic - walls of fog, wind currents, or illusions. Disruptors carry specialized equipment that allows prepared 'blank' bombs to be charged on the fly with any of a number of arcane spells. This allows all sorts of useful tricks to be pulled on behalf of their more conventional counterparts, but there is a trade-off. Disruptors are nearly defenseless on their own, and have even less operational endurance than fighters.

Heavy airships
    generally have crews in the range of twenty to a few hundred. They provide the backbone of most airborne battlegroups, bringing to bear a combination of durability, high operational endurance, and massive firepower. They're not as cheap as light craft either though, and can't be mass-produced in such numbers. Sub-classifications include Gunships, Cruisers, and Destroyers.

Gunships are a mainstay of the armies of Teppelin, and will likely continue to be for the foreseeable future due to their immense versatility and ease of production. Their multitude of weapon systems, engine systems, and other mechanical works require sizable crews - generally at least thirty people. With armor heavy enough to be impervious to most hand-held weapons, excellent mobility, and an impressive array of weaponry, they tend to see most use as strictly anti-ground measures. Particularly because - compared to other aircraft - they are slow, despite their maneuverability. They generally move with a degree of caution - their stocks of weapons will outlast most battles, but they aren't limitless, and they're much more difficult to restock than the simple systems of light craft.

Cruisers are huge, bordering on capital-class ships themselves. Requiring large crews (usually around 600 or so), and costing equally large sums, they are not deployed lightly, and never alone. Cruisers are, for the most part, bombardment ships - they outrange nearly everything save Battleships, and pack enough weaponry to decimate small armies on their own, given the time to fire it. Many also have a limited capacity to act as resupply stations, with small landing areas for fighter craft to restock and return to the fight. Thus, they can generally be found hanging a significant distance away from the actual battle, striking with missile systems and acting as a fall-back point for lighter ships. In absence of a Capital ship, Cruisers serve as the centerpieces of the tiefling navy.

Destroyers are odd ducks. They're not really common, and if they're there it's probably by for a specific reason. Destroyers have the size and crew compliment of a Cruiser, but much less firepower. What they do have is speed outclassing anything but a fighter craft, and an utterly absurd operational ceiling - they fight at altitudes far above what even the highest-flying enemy craft could reach, and far beyond the range of most battle-magic. Lacking the raw firepower of their cruiser brethren, Destroyers are equipped with precision weaponry. They don't blast away at the enemy lines, but rather glide above and rain down hell on their most valuable assets. They can punch holes in enemy lines, take out key targets, and even directly support ground assets in fairly tight quarters.

Capital ships are entirely different from the others in how they are treated. Light and heavy airships are weapons - Capital ships are victory conditions. Massive, crewed by thousands, enormously expensive, and capable of laying waste to entire enemy armies if supported - the sight of a Capital ship is a sure sign that Teppelin means business. Sub-categories include Battleships and Carriers.

Battleships are the biggest stick around, and they know it. Almost immune to anything but the heaviest of attacks, and with firepower akin to a small army unto themselves, they rule the skies with impunity. They are logistically and tactically slow, but it hardly matters once they arrive - unless they can somehow be driven off, they will simply hang in the air and rain utter devastation upon those foolish enough to oppose them. Their sole weakness is a concentrated airborne attack - which is why they are usually deployed with heavy ground and cruiser support.

Carriers are new. Really new. They are also utterly devestating, and possibly poised to overtake Battleships as the Capital ship of choice for the armies of Teppelin. On their own, Carriers are nearly defenseless - they exist entirely to support their massive complement of light fighter craft. Carrier facilities can have a fighter docked, repaired, resupplied, and launched in a matter of minutes - and that makes them terrifying. They rarely actually deploy to a battlefield, instead hanging back and launching seemingly endless swarms of fighters craft to shred opposing forces into nothingness with a thousand-thousand cuts. To support their massive production capabilities, Carriers field the most powerful reactors outside the Capital itself - these arcane monstrosities generate astonishing amounts of energy... and turn the ship into a colossal bomb should it go down.

White Mages and Black Mages are both arcane, invocation-using base classes - similar to the Warlock or Ronin. They fill unique niches in warfare, and their limitless reserves of power make them ideal for military-scale conflicts where Wizards are often burnt out in just minutes of casting.

White mages, despite their name, are not healers - such is outside the capacity of the arcane. However, they wield an array of potent buffs, most characteristically their arcane shields (which grant temporary hit-points, and serve much the same function as healers in an army equipped with them). They are also equipped to smite beings held together by magic, unraveling the essence of their being on a fundamental level - most notably this includes undead, but some constructs also qualify. This is essentially the Cleric's Turning ability, amplified or modified by various Invocations.

Black mages on the other hand are blasters to the core. Uniquely, they wield the three core elements of offensive magic - Fire, Electricity, and Frost - at will. Even Invocation on their list modifies those three core spells, each one in a different way. For example, an invocation might allow you to cast a Lightning spell as a cone, Fire as a burst, and Frost as a line effect. However, Black mages are often very narrowly focused, and lack the versatility and adaptability of wizards. And they're squishy. d4 squishy.

Red mages sacrifice the higher tiers of Invocation for versatility and speed - to enter this prestige class, one needs levels in both Black and White mage. Their signature ability is that of Doublecast - the ability to fire off an unenhanced White Mage shield when using an enhanced Black Mage blast, and vice versa. The most potent Red mages unlock the ability to twine their black and white magic together completely, aiding allies and blighting foes in a single action.

Blue mages are anti-casters. The class can be easily entered by white or black mages, or even a totally unrelated class with a dipped level in one of those two - it has very little to do with them in any case, and most White/Black magic progression is replaced by various abjuration-oriented Invocations. More potent Blue mages are even capable of locking down (Ex) abilities, an exceedingly rare trait.

Mass Media should be self-explanatory. Radio, basic television, film, all enabled by Crysteel.
    Lovely Rita Mordio avatar by Zefir! Thank you!

Homebrew:

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    This has no story significance, but since Selinia did an entire page explaining weaponry, I figure I might as well do the same.

Golemships are the center of almost every total war strategy employed by the Forsaken. In skirmishes, cavalry and small group attack are used much more often, but nothing matches the sheer assault power and durability of the golemship. These golemships fall into only two categories: small, fast attack versions, ranging from fifteen to thirty five feet long with crews between ten and forty; and the much more well known " walking fortress" models. Walking Fotress models commonly have a crew of around four plus hundred souls and range from around 200 yard "small" ones to the 600 yard + behemoth that is the intelligent golem Gygax. While the fast attack craft can reach speeds of up to seventy miles per hour, the fortress models rarely exceed twenty, although their speed has increased to around thirty after the new LC reactor was made. Thus, fast attack vessels are used mainly as infantry support and urban fighting golems, while the Walking Fortress' are used in open terrain, or when one wants to simply knock the urban battlefield down.

Weaponry wise, there are three types now: the old, purely divine ones; Void gel squirters; and Liquid Chaos weapons. The old divine magitech is considered the weakest now, although its sheer flexibility maintains its use. All non-specialized golemships still use the divine fireball AA, while the specialized AA variants now use lightning towers on their backs and LC guns. Void gel squirters are used because no one wants too much collateral damage, and because its much easier to produce. A gallon of Void gel can be produced from a few milliliters of Liquid Chaos, and is much less dangerous. A squirt of Void gel ( around 1/6 liter) is similar to a very small explosive, a similarly sized amount of Liquid Chaos could blow up a room. Void gel weaponry comes in multiple types, but mainly falls into these categories: Rifles, pistols, launchers, and heavy guns.
    Rifles and pistols are fairly self-explanatory. Small arms loaded with small tanks of Void gel. Launchers are roughly equivalent to today's grenade launchers, They fire a much larger squirt of Void gel, around a tiny drop of LC for a kick. Used in both armored combat (on large golems, fast-attack golemships, etc.) and in infantry combat as anti-armor and large group killers (along with the original Chaostech weapons, Spitters, Void Holers, and Sanity killers). Heavy Void weaponry is restricted to golemships and artillery. Most weapons on golemships that are to deal with infantry use Void gel. And while most artilley uses LC in some way, a lot of the smaller short-range ones like anti-infantry and defense emplacement are pure Void gel.

Liquid Chaos, on the other hand, is way too powerful to put in the hands of a normal soldier. Almost all truly big guns used by the Forsaken use LC. Golemships use them for all anti-armor, anti-building, and anti-everything guns they have. Many turrets use either obsidian shells or Diggers to fire them in controlled amounts, but some really powerful weapons simply unleash LC's full power. The main gun of every golemship, mounted on its back and capable of firing straight up it need be, fires five gallons of Liquid Chaos, encased in a layer of Void gel to keep it together and slightly stable. The result is death. Lots of death. All golemships, except specialized ones, use these and several smaller, but similar guns. Most artillery uses the shell method.

Golemships can be specialized in many different ways. Along with the two basic types, there are many specifically suited to certain jobs.

AA golemships are specifically designed to take everything flying, and bring it down to ground level, preferably in an explosion. They carry their rather distinctive lightning tower on their back, but it is often masked by Foolmancy. Their arsenal includes heavy Void gel weapons for ground defense, and multiple different types of AA guns. 'Sky-burners' fire enormous obsidian shells straight up, which spin and release the gas form of LC. When they run out of GC, they explode, and the explosion ignites the entire cloud. Often use against fighter swarms and smaller airships.

Some even more specialized golemships are the "Capital killers". There are currently only nine known in existence. Their main anti-air gun in even larger than a normal golemship's gun, although they are similar. Used to try to bring down the enormous and bulky capital ships, these guns fire a continuous stream of LC in a straight line. Live fire tests have yet to be used, but evidence suggests several of these firing on a capital ship at once is likely to bring it down or cause it to flee in minutes. However, the sheer power needed to power these golemships reduces their speed to almost nothing. As such, they are used mainly defensively or when the Forsaken can pick the battlefield. To deal with the risk of attacking the most dangerous tiefling weapons in existence, they have enough armor to tolerate everything but the most powerful of weapons for effectively indefinite amounts of time.

Foolmancers can create large scale illusions easily, but masking something is much more difficult. Invisibility can only be used on very smaller targets. Hence the "Silent Walker" golemships. Fast-attack craft made completely invisible, they are often used for scouting, secret missions, and assassination. They are the preferred method of supporting teams of vampire squads with the true muscle of golemships.

Communicators are essentially the only golemships not made specifically for combat. Instead, they are data warfare ships. Constantly trying to hack enemy communications, guarding their own, and mapping and coordinating troop movements and plans: Communicators are often so vital they never enter the battlefield. So they have no purpose in this manual.
    Last edited by apocalypsePast2; 2011-01-23 at 01:58 PM.
    Four Gods wait on the windowsill
    Where once eight Gods did war and will,
    And if the gods themselves may die,
    What does that say for you and I?

Now three Gods sit on the windowsill,
    Where one God's blood was lately spilled
    Black tounges lap at the spreading pool,
    To build the strength they need to rule.

- The Quartet For The Dusk Of Man, Tycho Ephemerous Brahe

Call me Apoc.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler
    Show
    I think I'll do my own explanation of battle tactics. My sneaky Vamps go on sabotage missions to disrupt enemy forces, either through assassination or destroying key parts of their equipment. Speedy Vamps act as scouts. Since Vampires run as fast as cars they should get some good info. In the battle Tripping Vamps and Brute Vamps attack the enemy head on using their superior speed and strength to overcome any numerical or technological advantage. Psions sling spells in sync so no Vamp is hit or PP is wasted, Demon Masters set their Demons on the enemy causing them to be debilitated, axe-crazy or traitorous and Diplomat Vampires use their Mind Pulse to disarm as many enemies as possible. Skeletons and Zombies are grunts, charging forward and being killed only for Bone and Skin-mancers to raise them after the battle with the other dead. Some Vampires would use Forsaken weaponry but would be counted as part of the Forsaken army.
    call me Dragon

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Odium the Blank Water World

He had been flying for hours, and he had yet to sight land. His wings no longer beat as strongly as the flight began, by now Odium was going weak. But now, he again felt fear. Before long he would fall to his death, but until then he had to fly on. Thankfully he did not have to fly long, soon Water World came into sight. As he went in to land his strength finally and he crashed into the aquatic landscape.
    Lost and Found

This was not the first time a wanderer had landed on Water World, and the mathamancers predicted that it would not be the last. Odium had landed in a rainforest, which was at the same time fortunate and unfortunate. The good part was that it was more densely populated than most of Water World. The bad news was that it also had larger predators within it, in greater numbers, than most of the continent.

Branches from several trees broke his fall enough to allow him to survive the fall, but one of his wings was twisted at an odd angle midway down.

As he was regaining his senses, he found himself surrounded by three Set'Chept. "What sorta creature are you?" the one in front of him asked. The other two were flanking behind him and to each side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwind View Post
    Unelma: The Dreaming

As her brother created the Albae, Unelma noted it in the back of her mind, but her focus was on something else. Harnessing a small part of the very fabric of the plane itself, she wove it into something else, ... a net of dreams.
    The work was slow and required most of her attention ... and the net needed to be large ... very, very, very large ...

Unet: Butron - Hundreds of Miles South East of the Gnomish Citadel

Noting the gargoyle stirring from it's nightmare, Unet reached out with a light touch, granting the gargoyle the ease of returning to sleep, and with it peaceful dreams. Unfamiliar with mortals however, Unet places a little too much power and inspiration in the dreams, inadvertantly granting the gargoyle Dreams of inspiration.

Unelma: The Dreaming - William and his acolytes

Unelma notes those walking the paths of dreams, skirting the borders of the Dreaming itself and inspiring their fellows. Foolamancers they called themselves ... she would keep an eye on them, but thus far she was not unpleased at their presumption.

Spoiler
    Show
    The 'net of dreams' is RP, in preparation for another event coming soon to a dream near you ...

GP: 0/15
    Divine rank: 2

[Divine intervention: 1 BAP/week for unaugmented bless/curse (Avatar)]
    [Mythic: Free Raise Hero/Exarch 1/week]
    [Pouch of dreams: Free MR4 Bless 1/week]
    William and his allies

The gods of dreams would notice that the Foolamancers were not alone in the dream world. Two other groups were with them as well, calling themselves Mathamancers and Thinkamancers. Within those three groups, two distinct races were present, the dark Forsaken and the mystic Chept. They each shared the same powers, but their outlooks and implementations of those powers were radically different.

William and his group were much smaller in number, and did not normally interact with the Chept and Forsaken, although William would occasionally consult with them.

The Dreams of Gods and Mortals

To the thinkamancers, the arrival of a pair of gods in the Dreaming was an important deal. Glimpses of futures where those two shaped the very fabric of dreams to oppose the Dreamwalkers existed, as well as glimpses of futures where those two ushered in a golden age of dreams, and everything in between.

An adventurous pair of thinkamancers, Troy the Eag'Chept and Qualrin the Forsaken approached the two gods of dreams one night. Troy bowed before them and said, "Divinities, we who walk the Dreaming wish to speak with you, for we have felt your coming, and wish to be allies, and not enemies, of those who have inherited the birthright of Eddy."

Spoiler
    Show
    apocalypse, if you'd like, you have control of Qualrin.

if not, he'll be the strong silent type.

also, using Mytic to raise Troy to hero status

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Go right ahead. I won't stop you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    An entire world? That'd be AWESOME!
    I'd model it on the world I use for my DnD games, prolly. Or, at leats the parts of it I made.
    Spoiler
    Show
    how about just a SR5 for starters? that makes it as large or larger than all continents but Sa'Mondo. Although, Sozuchi might just have to start making "moons" to orbit above the Disc composed of various things. Then he'd gain the Moon domain after five such moons. In fact, I just talked myself into it.

Sozuchi - Fun With Moons - oh, and helping out his son

"Thank you. Well, here it goes. Witness what a little planning and the right friends can do for you."

Sozuchi summoned forth the titan that kept his left eye safe. "Thanks for watching it. I have need of it." He tells her. The River Dragon God pops it back in place with a plop and stares directly forward. The Planesphere appears before him.

He stares at it for a little bit, and says, "So, how about your own little mini-world while we're at it?"

He focuses, and the blip on the Sphere which represents the newly formed continent expands to many times its original size. It was now larger than almost every other continent, and took up the middle of the eastern expanse of mist. Directly above it was a spiked ball of earth, filled with lush vegetation and massive trees. It circles five miles above the edge of the continent.

"Here's a moon to use for resources. Plenty of wood to turn into books and such. Oh, and a couple of those plants will make quite useful dyes. Does this make you happy?"

Sozuchi was about to dismiss the Planesphere once more, but then realizes that he could do one better yet: while he had it and Muscles hadn't yet made it harder to use, he might as well have fun with it.

He stares, and four large objects appear around the edge of the disc that makes up this world.

The Pillars flare to life as never before, and massive amounts of all sorts of resources spew forth, straight into the sky. Great Clouds form chutes through the air, as the resources are funneled into four projects.

The first is a sphere, composed of water in all three natural states. It hangs nearly invisible during the day over Water World, but at night can be made out as a massive object dominating the night sky, which goes through a complex set of phases based on the combination of states of matter which dominate the southern half from time to time. The Mathamancers swear that it is a predictable pattern, but no one else has ever figured it out.

The remaining three are large figures, each with someting written on them, clearly visible to any who gaze upwards during the day, while the light reflects off of them. Generally, one can be seen each day over various part of the world.

one a triangular based pyramid composed of Glassteeel, on which each face is written in large relief letters "Property"

one a cube made of magma. On each face, the glowing letters "OF" are brightly glowing.

the last is a sheet of metal, made of bright silver and gold. On each side, "Sozuchi!" stands out in Lapis Lazuli.

Although clearly visible, they are distant enough to make any details on them difficult to read. They wander around seemingly aimlessly throughout the day, although they never quite collide.

Again, mathamancers swear they can predict their movements. No one else really cares what they say, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    using abusing the Pillars once more, this time for something more meaninful, sorta. All these shape lands are SR7.

first off: ap: 1=6-1(the forest moon, called Endor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    it's about sr4 in actual size, surface area that of a sr6. The moon itself is so covered in living things that it gives off no shadow to obstruct the light below. (the trees/herbs are intelligent, but not sentient. Think Eywa before the animals marched)
    the rest of the sr7 being used to expand the story continent to sr5. the rest of the overkill not exploited.)-1(create land, sr7, called the Face of Daddy, a ball of water in all three states hanging over WW above the Eye of Mondo, far enough back that it appears about five times the size of the eye in the night sky.)-1(create the glassteel moon)-1(magma moon)-1(metal moon)

the last three are visible during the day, over various parts of the world at various times. Their movements seem irregular to the inhabitants below, although they are just very chaotic. They occasionally flip faces at night. each face looking a little different. They are all sr4 in actual size, and slightly above the Eye in height.

gp: 15/24

Finished at last, Sozuchi gives his eye back and dismisses the Planesphere.

"Hm... let me also place some amusing creatures on Endor." He says.

He takes up the bear, and alters it, making it more cute, and changing it to stand erect on its hind legs. Its forelimbs were made clever, and they were given a passion for stories. These "Ewoki" were then sent to Endor to inhabit it, and make up myths and folklore at all times, including stories of the far-off lands just visible on their horizon.

Spoiler
    Show
    create life: Ewoki, guess what they're based off of. Except about twice as tall.

ap: 0=1-1(life)

gp:16/24
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

20. - Top - End - #200

Secrets & Myths
    Turkin sat right until the prophecy, where he had bolted upright. His hands were raised in a manner that he hoped would come across as pacifying, "Wait, wait a second here- I'm not, well, a 'Favored' anything! And Earth Children? The Citadel? I get that a prophecy is supposed to be cryptic and all, but I'm hardly 'savior of the relatively free world' material! I'm just a regular Gnome, one that's investigating a whole new branch of science, sure, but a regular Gnome all the same."

He paused for a moment, then shrugged, "But what the hell. If fighting those Devourers, as you put it, taught me anything- heroes are just people scared enough and tired enough to do insane stuff for nothing more than their next meal and somewhere to sleep. And maybe a nice girl with a not-too-small forehead." He added a bit lamely, scratching the back of his head, "But just as a topic of curiosity, with all of this secretive stuff in the open, why don't the Oni just use their great powers of consuming emotion and just...just evaporate all the anger in the RageFae?"

Turkin added suitable hand gestures where appropriate, of course, especially for the word 'evaporate'.

Gargoyles and Gnomes - Just outside the Citadel - Negotiation!
    "Nice to meet you, Wallace." Hedto greeted, putting his pistol away as the crew took their union-mandated break to ogle and inspect- at a distance- the new species. Gnomes went out to meet others- others didn't come to the Gnomes. Usually.

Offering the large Gargoyle a tiny handshake, Hedto continued speaking, "While I'm not an Admiral or anything, I can speak the community opinion of: Hells bells, yes we'd like some friendly neighbors!" He said animatedly, smiling from ear to ear. "I mean, I'm not sure if we can just give you everything we know. Lots of books and theories and such- some of us have spent our entire lives just adding to it and indexing it for use! But I'm certain we can gladly offer you some of our finished machines for those metal reserves- the Blasted Isle has mines scattered around it, but the more, the better! Especially with the Vampires out and about...somewhere."

Looking the Gargoyle leader up and down, the tricorn-wearing Gnome had a curious look, "What kind of metals you have up in those mountains? The geography's always changing, so trying to set up proper mineral samples is tricky at best. Never hurts to know where you're at with nearby metal reserves, though."

Ironbark Trees and Singing Forests
    In the Blasted Isle Gnomish logging community, the development of the Ironbark Trees had been met with considerable concern. With a constantly evolving world, it was only natural that nature would come along and try to bury a size ten shoe into the collective ass of the Gnomes. Timber was a valuable resources, and the presence of the iron-laced timber had caused no small amount of concern.

Which was up until the Gnomes, left holding chipped axe heads and broken saw teeth, had a brief revelation.

Where Ironbark Trees grew, there was actual iron. It had thus become the job of these loggers to not only point out the location of Ironbark trees while out and about, but to report their location to the Gnomish cartographers and miners back at the Citadel. Where there's metal, there's profit to be made! Where the Ironbark Trees didn't grow, timber still existed- it was just a matter of pinpointing metal reserves and getting compensated for tools lost in the process.

The Singing Roots were a much more pressing concern for the areas that didn't have Ironbark trees. How could the Gnomes work if there were things out there that could make a sound that put them to sleep? Already, more than a few of the Gnomish loggers had taken to bringing pillows, sombreros, and blankets to work for when they hit a Lullaby Patch- as it was called.

And that was when it occurred to them: Salt. The great equalizer! Since the Citadel provided for all of the supply needs of the Gnomes, fertile land outside was...superfluous architecture at best. Salt, an ever-abundant resource, turned vegetation into something equally inconsequential. Take some salt, put it in a very fine sifter, and then stuff it into a nicely wrapped piece of butcher's paper...and then into a twelve pound mortar.

After wiping gunsmoke from one's eyes from a few firings, roll back the mortar, wait a few days, and then head inside after the soil is rendered infertile and the plant life dead.

Ironbark Trees and Singing Forests were nasty things. Very nasty. Yet they would be overcome- if at an increased cost to the Gnomish Market.

For how long was another question entirely, with the first flakes of winter already descending.

Dalni's Pride & Changeling Village
    With the ship appearing above the village, Berento could not help but whistle at the ship sailing over the party. My, how the Citadel had changed in the intervening years. The weapons on it were totally indecipherable, though that could have been because the slightly-woozy Admiral was lacking his spyglass of office.

The sight of the revelry below, however, drew his attention. Not to mention the attention of the other Gnomes, who had- abruptly- gained a singular focus.

Food. Food! Legitimate food, too, not just starchy rations! Ignorant, the Gnomes- as a whole- would party. There would be a time for further discussions, for the topic of Vampires, and Forsaken, and...and a lot of other unpleasantness.

But now there were ribs, and even a conga line forming (Which actually did kind of well, even in this weather). Unhappiness could wait a little while.

But war wouldn't.

Human at the Citadel: A Friendly Look At Things
    With the wagon in motion, the turban-wearing Gnome only held onto a single control lever, pointing it straight forward as the large furnace behind them belched smoke into the air. The wheels below clattered as they kicked up loose stones and dirt, the metal bars actually fairly silent thanks to the liberal application of grease and some very good stacking skills.

"Never a one, hmm?" The driver asked, as they rolled right through the front gates. A lone human, arms raised in a form that could only be described as 'one trigger click away from getting his jihad on', approaching the gates of the Citadel was cause for a full inspection and quite possibly a very long conversation with some slow-speaking men.

When riding shotgun on a supply cart? He was just a tourist. What-ho, don't see your kind much around here, do feel free to try out Ellypen's Eatery, avoid the Gremlinburgers (For the food world was fast-moving, it had to be if it was going to compete with bowel movements), do enjoy your stay.

Once one got past the myriad of concrete, brick, cemented stone, and even iron and steel fortifications intended to obliterate anything bigger than a mouse on its way to church, the Citadel was a fairly open place to the average person. Though the Gnomes were inquisitive and scientific, they were still people.

The streets, paved with cobblestones, were fairly well-traveled. Gnomish children roamed the streets between school hours, during which they either cut class or actually studied. For most, it alternated between days. Stalls and storefronts packed the avenues and even a number of streets, offering the passerby everything from only slightly used Books-With-Pictures-In-Them to, as was one case, a cannon freshly minted.

A few clinics could also be seen, the finest Gnomish graduates of various medical institutes- as well as a few Gnomes that just thought they'd try their luck at surgery- tending to everyone from the common woman wondering why her belly was so big all of a sudden to the non-critical patients from the Gremlossus's aftermath upstairs.

Passing by an electric streetlight, the driver shook his head, releasing the lever and grabbing the one to the left. The wagon turned appropriately, rolling up behind what looked to be a pair of wagons with mechanical legs instead of wheels. And a swivel-mounted cannon on top. In front of the machines lumbering along, a group of about sixty Gnomes were marching lockstep with rifles cradled in their arms. The brass from their uniform buttons shined, not to mention the almost ridiculously large hats they wore.

"Kali dammit!" The driver cursed slightly, stomping his foot before blushing a bit at remembering who was riding shotgun. "Another workshop showing off their newest gewgaws." He explained, leaning back in the seat. It was a fairly bumpy ride aboard, "I think, anyways. From what news I've heard on the road, things have been getting weird around here. Disappearances, some monster attacking, a couple serial inventors 'accidentally' blowing buildings up. I...don't suppose you've been seeing weird things too, huh?"

Conquestia: You better go Consoddingoff my front lawn.

As the Forsaken and their all-too-annoying friends began their invasion, the Gnomish mining efforts had become...concerned. After all, any landmass suddenly arising from the misty deep- no matter how common an occurrence this seemingly was- was a matter for concern. Especially if it seemed to lead all the way to unfamiliar territories that nobody was really in the mood for poking at again.

As such, it had fallen upon a small battlegroup of Gnomish ships to investigate what was going on. A lone Loricon-class warship, with three escorts, sailed along the edge of the former border of the Blasted Isle. Rotary cannons scanning the distance, its crew were on alert. The Citadel's war against the Gremlins had put them a bit on edge. Wings unfolded for maximum air gain, the crew kept an eye on the distance, looking for the inevitable army to arrive. Hopefully, there would be a chance to speak with them.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOfUndeath View Post
    <Oh joy that's 2 Horsemen, Why don't we get Josiah involved and make it 3? and I know War will want to get involved even if his Master has gone silent. But first what forces does the God of Greed offer? The Gremlins currently terrorizing Bastions? Don't seem very loyal to me. Or perhaps a new weapon? something to beat the explosives the Forsaken have?>
    Immortas sat on his throne looking down at the rider.
    The Black Rider, Fileun

There was a tearing of space and time as a massive window to the Drought opened. Not a door, mind, just a view into the plane, but the sight that greeted Immortas was best described as indescribable.

For the sake of storytelling however this grim task shall be attempted. A full 300,000 Grotesques stood at attention, bristling with blades growing out of their arms and their holy morningstars gleaming in the dull, soulless light. They were hideous beyond compare, constructs of pure malice that made Zombies look like angels. Power crackled along their arms, with the hand that was not holding their morningstar shaped into a bladed cannon, purple flames spilling onto the floor from its mouth.

That wasn't all, however. For surrounding the elite core of Grotesques were counless Lost Ones and Abominations, leaping and lumbering with unnatural gait around the massed ranks of the army. As Immortas watched, a Lost One reared to the sky and screeched. a truly horrific sound that sounded like a chorus of 20 small children baing tortured over a pit of fire. These horrendous monsters were stitched together from the bodyparts of children for the Lost Ones and adults for the Abominations, and still hold the personalities of their constituent parts, with a mouth for each of them to beg for death.

Finally, there were the Orators, huge lumbering machines of war that focused the ultimate eternal suffering of all their members into a scream powerful enough to punch through metal, and to throughly obliterate the moral of anyone who lived. They stood on powerful, muscular, skinless legs upon broken pegs of bone, the voice chamber being a writhing ball of muscle studded with howling skulls, to which a cannon was attached, made out of the ribs of those unfortunate enough to be chosen.

That was the sight that greeted Immortas. Perhaps he shouldn't have asked what Bacsphaal had. "...This... is what the Lord of Want offers..." the Horsman whispers.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Secrets & Myths
    Turkin sat right until the prophecy, where he had bolted upright. His hands were raised in a manner that he hoped would come across as pacifying, "Wait, wait a second here- I'm not, well, a 'Favored' anything! And Earth Children? The Citadel? I get that a prophecy is supposed to be cryptic and all, but I'm hardly 'savior of the relatively free world' material! I'm just a regular Gnome, one that's investigating a whole new branch of science, sure, but a regular Gnome all the same."

He paused for a moment, then shrugged, "But what the hell. If fighting those Devourers, as you put it, taught me anything- heroes are just people scared enough and tired enough to do insane stuff for nothing more than their next meal and somewhere to sleep. And maybe a nice girl with a not-too-small forehead." He added a bit lamely, scratching the back of his head, "But just as a topic of curiosity, with all of this secretive stuff in the open, why don't the Oni just use their great powers of consuming emotion and just...just evaporate all the anger in the RageFae?"

Turkin added suitable hand gestures where appropriate, of course, especially for the word 'evaporate'.
    Secrets and Myths

"Why don't we just... use magic to fix the problem? Surely you know the answer to that. Tell me, what rules do you think might keep us from magicking the problem away?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Odium Lost and Found

Pain, for once was good. It meant life, his wing was broken, but it would mend with time. Now to figure out what to do with, these things. Small and pathetic, but for now, he would have to stay with them. The jungle did not look safe, and if they lived here then they could help him.

Odium stared hungrily at the creature in front of him for at least a minute before saying, "I am a dragon little thing. Now what sort of creature are you?" Into his words, Odium wove a charm.

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler
    Show
    Ironbark Trees and Singing Forests
    In the Blasted Isle Gnomish logging community, the development of the Ironbark Trees had been met with considerable concern. With a constantly evolving world, it was only natural that nature would come along and try to bury a size ten shoe into the collective ass of the Gnomes. Timber was a valuable resources, and the presence of the iron-laced timber had caused no small amount of concern.

Which was up until the Gnomes, left holding chipped axe heads and broken saw teeth, had a brief revelation.

Where Ironbark Trees grew, there was actual iron. It had thus become the job of these loggers to not only point out the location of Ironbark trees while out and about, but to report their location to the Gnomish cartographers and miners back at the Citadel. Where there's metal, there's profit to be made! Where the Ironbark Trees didn't grow, timber still existed- it was just a matter of pinpointing metal reserves and getting compensated for tools lost in the process.

The Singing Roots were a much more pressing concern for the areas that didn't have Ironbark trees. How could the Gnomes work if there were things out there that could make a sound that put them to sleep? Already, more than a few of the Gnomish loggers had taken to bringing pillows, sombreros, and blankets to work for when they hit a Lullaby Patch- as it was called.

And that was when it occurred to them: Salt. The great equalizer! Since the Citadel provided for all of the supply needs of the Gnomes, fertile land outside was...superfluous architecture at best. Salt, an ever-abundant resource, turned vegetation into something equally inconsequential. Take some salt, put it in a very fine sifter, and then stuff it into a nicely wrapped piece of butcher's paper...and then into a twelve pound mortar.

After wiping gunsmoke from one's eyes from a few firings, roll back the mortar, wait a few days, and then head inside after the soil is rendered infertile and the plant life dead.

Ironbark Trees and Singing Forests were nasty things. Very nasty. Yet they would be overcome- if at an increased cost to the Gnomish Market.

For how long was another question entirely, with the first flakes of winter already descending.

After dancing and playing with the satyr for a month or two Hespa began to feel an odd pain coming from the direction of the Blasted Isle. Bidding farewell to her dancing partners she zoomed over to the Isle to see what was the cause of her concern. There she saw the little large foreheaded creatures shooting salt bombs all over the forests. For a brief time she wondered where the little creatures had gotten so much salt, there being no saline oceans on this world, but then she began to plan a response. She took up some of the many beetles roaming through the woods and began to reshape them into weapons of minor destruction. She blessed these creatures with the ability and desire to burrow through steel, armor, and flesh to get at the tasty organs of the gnomish resource gatherers. When she had finished she released these beetles throughout the woods.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The borer beetles are also psi-reactive and able to be weaponized by competent psions while the ironbark treants are minor psions who mainly use their power to communicate with each other and keeps away pests, like beetles and gnomes

She then zoomed over the Island once more to see if there was anything else meriting her concern and noticed the gnomes strip mining (I'm assuming) the area around her precious iron trees. Furious she copied the idea of the Sar'Mondo treants and gave life to the iron trees. They set about squashing those poor gnomes who were digging near them and generally ruining the bottom lines for many gnomish mining companies.

Realizing that there was little time for rest and fun, Hespa began dancing over the island to see if there were any other divinities around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Any god who wants to should feel free to contact her

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 2- 1(create life - borer beetles) - 1 (create life - ironwood treants) = 0 AP 12/12 GP -> 0/15 GP DR2!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Lost and Found

The three Set stare at him for a moment, and the one in front says. "You just tried to tamper with our minds. I should let you know that I am a master of understanding my own mind. Thoughts are my volume in trade. However, we hold no ill will to you. There is no need to violate our minds. I am Gorto the Thinkamamncer. With me is Durti the Foolamancer and Lerko the Mathamancer. You call yourself a dragon? We have two races of creature like that in Water World, but we have never seen anything that looks as you do. Where do you hail from?"

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost and Found

This was not the first time a wanderer had landed on Water World, and the mathamancers predicted that it would not be the last. Odium had landed in a rainforest, which was at the same time fortunate and unfortunate. The good part was that it was more densely populated than most of Water World. The bad news was that it also had larger predators within it, in greater numbers, than most of the continent.

Branches from several trees broke his fall enough to allow him to survive the fall, but one of his wings was twisted at an odd angle midway down.

As he was regaining his senses, he found himself surrounded by three Set'Chept. "What sorta creature are you?" the one in front of him asked. The other two were flanking behind him and to each side.

William and his allies

The gods of dreams would notice that the Foolamancers were not alone in the dream world. Two other groups were with them as well, calling themselves Mathamancers and Thinkamancers. Within those three groups, two distinct races were present, the dark Forsaken and the mystic Chept. They each shared the same powers, but their outlooks and implementations of those powers were radically different.

William and his group were much smaller in number, and did not normally interact with the Chept and Forsaken, although William would occasionally consult with them.

The Dreams of Gods and Mortals

To the thinkamancers, the arrival of a pair of gods in the Dreaming was an important deal. Glimpses of futures where those two shaped the very fabric of dreams to oppose the Dreamwalkers existed, as well as glimpses of futures where those two ushered in a golden age of dreams, and everything in between.

An adventurous pair of thinkamancers, Troy the Eag'Chept and Qualrin the Forsaken approached the two gods of dreams one night. Troy bowed before them and said, "Divinities, we who walk the Dreaming wish to speak with you, for we have felt your coming, and wish to be allies, and not enemies, of those who have inherited the birthright of Eddy."

Spoiler
    Show
    apocalypse, if you'd like, you have control of Qualrin.

if not, he'll be the strong silent type.

also, using Mytic to raise Troy to hero status

Spoiler
    Show
    how about just a SR5 for starters? that makes it as large or larger than all continents but Sa'Mondo. Although, Sozuchi might just have to start making "moons" to orbit above the Disc composed of various things. Then he'd gain the Moon domain after five such moons. In fact, I just talked myself into it.

Sozuchi - Fun With Moons - oh, and helping out his son

"Thank you. Well, here it goes. Witness what a little planning and the right friends can do for you."

Sozuchi summoned forth the titan that kept his left eye safe. "Thanks for watching it. I have need of it." He tells her. The River Dragon God pops it back in place with a plop and stares directly forward. The Planesphere appears before him.

He stares at it for a little bit, and says, "So, how about your own little mini-world while we're at it?"

He focuses, and the blip on the Sphere which represents the newly formed continent expands to many times its original size. It was now larger than almost every other continent, and took up the middle of the eastern expanse of mist. Directly above it was a spiked ball of earth, filled with lush vegetation and massive trees. It circles five miles above the edge of the continent.

"Here's a moon to use for resources. Plenty of wood to turn into books and such. Oh, and a couple of those plants will make quite useful dyes. Does this make you happy?"

Sozuchi was about to dismiss the Planesphere once more, but then realizes that he could do one better yet: while he had it and Muscles hadn't yet made it harder to use, he might as well have fun with it.

He stares, and four large objects appear around the edge of the disc that makes up this world.

The Pillars flare to life as never before, and massive amounts of all sorts of resources spew forth, straight into the sky. Great Clouds form chutes through the air, as the resources are funneled into four projects.

The first is a sphere, composed of water in all three natural states. It hangs nearly invisible during the day over Water World, but at night can be made out as a massive object dominating the night sky, which goes through a complex set of phases based on the combination of states of matter which dominate the southern half from time to time. The Mathamancers swear that it is a predictable pattern, but no one else has ever figured it out.

The remaining three are large figures, each with someting written on them, clearly visible to any who gaze upwards during the day, while the light reflects off of them. Generally, one can be seen each day over various part of the world.

one a triangular based pyramid composed of Glassteeel, on which each face is written in large relief letters "Property"

one a cube made of magma. On each face, the glowing letters "OF" are brightly glowing.

the last is a sheet of metal, made of bright silver and gold. On each side, "Sozuchi!" stands out in Lapis Lazuli.

Although clearly visible, they are distant enough to make any details on them difficult to read. They wander around seemingly aimlessly throughout the day, although they never quite collide.

Again, mathamancers swear they can predict their movements. No one else really cares what they say, though.

Spoiler
    Show
    using abusing the Pillars once more, this time for something more meaninful, sorta. All these shape lands are SR7.

first off: ap: 1=6-1(the forest moon, called Endor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    it's about sr4 in actual size, surface area that of a sr6. The moon itself is so covered in living things that it gives off no shadow to obstruct the light below. (the trees/herbs are intelligent, but not sentient. Think Eywa before the animals marched)
    the rest of the sr7 being used to expand the story continent to sr5. the rest of the overkill not exploited.)-1(create land, sr7, called the Face of Daddy, a ball of water in all three states hanging over WW above the Eye of Mondo, far enough back that it appears about five times the size of the eye in the night sky.)-1(create the glassteel moon)-1(magma moon)-1(metal moon)

the last three are visible during the day, over various parts of the world at various times. Their movements seem irregular to the inhabitants below, although they are just very chaotic. They occasionally flip faces at night. each face looking a little different. They are all sr4 in actual size, and slightly above the Eye in height.

gp: 15/24

Finished at last, Sozuchi gives his eye back and dismisses the Planesphere.

"Hm... let me also place some amusing creatures on Endor." He says.

He takes up the bear, and alters it, making it more cute, and changing it to stand erect on its hind legs. Its forelimbs were made clever, and they were given a passion for stories. These "Ewoki" were then sent to Endor to inhabit it, and make up myths and folklore at all times, including stories of the far-off lands just visible on their horizon.

Spoiler
    Show
    create life: Ewoki, guess what they're based off of. Except about twice as tall.

ap: 0=1-1(life)

gp:16/24
    "Woah...And if I try hard enough, I can do all that?" Shanfyer stares at the world and the moons in awe.

(Recaiden) He lives!

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost and Found

The three Set stare at him for a moment, and the one in front says. "You just tried to tamper with our minds. I should let you know that I am a master of understanding my own mind. Thoughts are my volume in trade. However, we hold no ill will to you. There is no need to violate our minds. I am Gorto the Thinkamamncer. With me is Durti the Foolamancer and Lerko the Mathamancer. You call yourself a dragon? We have two races of creature like that in Water World, but we have never seen anything that looks as you do. Where do you hail from?"
    Odium Lost and Found

Clever things, it had been a risk, but it would have been a risk not to. So far they weren't hostile, but it was worth the risk. Failure was an insult however, but Odium could control his emotions very well and his face remained blank. "Two things on Water World are called dragons, outside many things are called dragons. And others look like dragons although their creators are in denial. I hail from a place known as the Blessed Isle, although I found it quite boring."

Otium Teppelin

The dragons guarding the Princesses over the years had talked less and less as the two grew, although they remained constant companions. Otium did not trust this Lloyd fellow. Although the Dragons distanced themselves from the Tieflings, they still kept a close eye on them, and Otium had never heard of the Special Bioengineering Corps, but perhaps the time to talk neared.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Woah...And if I try hard enough, I can do all that?" Shanfyer stares at the world and the moons in awe.
    Sozuchi and Shanfyr

"Indeed so. All it takes is practice and the proper applications of power. You will learn to harness your power more efficiently, allowing you to do more with less. Your power itself will also grow with time, provided you use it. As gods, our potential is literally infinite. All you are constrained by is your creativity."

Spoiler
    Show
    I get a +6 to scaping, 2 from scaping artifacts and four from the Grand I'm a part of. a good tip for starting out is to build artifacts you think you're gonna want to use their keyed effects for. It greatly enhances action economy over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Odium Lost and Found

Clever things, it had been a risk, but it would have been a risk not to. So far they weren't hostile, but it was worth the risk. Failure was an insult however, but Odium could control his emotions very well and his face remained blank. "Two things on Water World are called dragons, outside many things are called dragons. And others look like dragons although their creators are in denial. I hail from a place known as the Blessed Isle, although I found it quite boring."
    Lost and Found

"Boring is the worst state of existence: All life is an endeavor to be entertained. That is the first Principle of Daddy. You have our sympathies. Anyways, night is setting soon, and you do not want to be out in the open at night. As mighty as you seem to be, you are injured and the predators at night are quite cunning. Please, come stay with us at our village. You would be an honored guest."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Lost and Found

"Indeed, boring is quite horrible. But I think some things could be much worse. Although I won't show you today, maybe some other time." Odium speaks, with a toothy grin. "I would quite like to stay at your village." With some effort Odium stands, overcoming the foliage on top of him. After a short examination of his wing he is ready to go. And in his deeper thoughts he wonders how these strange creatures taste.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

They take him to the village, where a variety of humanoids with animalistic features greet them.

"What is this pet you bring home?" A Cat'Chept asks derisively.

"He calls himself a dragon from the Blessed Isles." The Set said seriously.

"Blessed Isles, you mean the place that group of gnomes up in 'grad came from?" A different Cat said.

"Move aside. Our guest is clearly injured, and in no mood to be the subject of village gossip." A rather imperious Eag'Chept woman said. She marches straight up to Odium fearlessly, casts a quick spell, and floats up even with the broken wing. "Want me to do something about your injuries?"