New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

Mint fake pouts, ad turns away from Judy.
    Rude.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

The gazebo is also there, being grand and...wooden, I guess. It creaks periodically as the proceedings go on around it, with the noises slowly increasing in volume and frequency. If one were to observe it for long enough, and if one were also an expert on the behavior of pavilion structures, one would suspect that it was preparing itself for something, as if it were waiting patiently for a pivotal moment to make its move.

But that's just silly. It's just a building, after all. It's not like it has thoughts or...malice. Nope. Not at all. It's probably just the foundation settling, or something.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-07-25 at 07:46 PM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

{Phoenix Lake}

Quote Originally Posted by Quinsar View Post
    Rude.
    Judy picks up some soft sand, balls it up so that's it's not too hard, but will fling well, and tosses it at Mint's back.

She'll then get up and run for it, laughing.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

Rae stays in his place, smiling happily. Seems there were no objections. That's good. He would normally be able to sense the malicious intentions of the Gazebo, his ring making him at least a little privy to those things, but he's too distracted with the thought that he'll be married soon for the signals it's sending to even register with him.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh god. A gazebo. Maxios, panicking in his seat, thinks to himself. The last time I saw a gazebo, it tried to kill me. I still have the flashbacks...
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

[Phoenix Lake]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Phoenix Lake]

It feels so good.. Judy smiles. This water isn't magical or anything, is it?
    I didn't sense anything super weird coming over...
    But I'm probably wrong, my magic sense isn't the best.

Mint smiles, basking in the sun.
    {Phoenix Lake}

Judy smiles. I didn't feel anything different either. It just felt so good. So relaxing.
    Yeah, it really did.
    Mint giggles, moving towards Judy a bit.
    {Phoenix Lake}

Judy moves away from Mint, just a little bit more.
    Rude.
    {Phoenix Lake}

Judy picks up some soft sand, balls it up so that's it's not too hard, but will fling well, and tosses it at Mint's back.

Dani giggles happily at Judy and Mint's antics! Sitting up to better enjoy the show. And possibly toss some sandballs of her own!

---

[Wedding Site]

With no objections forthcoming, a smiling Quinn moves on with the ceremony. Her words flowery as she asks for the "I Do"s.

Jamie gives the gazebo a suspicious look.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1057

[Wedding Site]

Rae's smile widens even further as he says "I do." In every existing language. At the same time. Everyone listening should only hear it in the language they speak most fluently, just in case.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

8. - Top - End - #1058

Around Camp

A completely generic, unremarkable looking NPC is wandering around camp, looking confused.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Orc in the Playground

{Phoenix Lake}

Hey!
    Mint jumps up giggling, grabs some sand and throws it at Judy.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Around Camp

A completely generic, unremarkable looking NPC is wandering around camp, looking confused.
    There is a chance this unremarkable fellow runs into a rather unnotable girl. She is not notably tall, short, beautiful, ugly, shapely, boxy, skinny, fat, or unnotable. She has the kind of face that reminds you of that other person you know, but not really all that much now that you get a good look at it. However, her straight hair is worn long and is bright orange.

"Uh, hi. You look lost."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Wedding Site]

Rae stays in his place, smiling happily. Seems there were no objections. That's good. He would normally be able to sense the malicious intentions of the Gazebo, his ring making him at least a little privy to those things, but he's too distracted with the thought that he'll be married soon for the signals it's sending to even register with him.
    Powerful she may be, but attentive? Not even a little. There's no way she'll notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Wedding Site]

With no objections forthcoming, a smiling Quinn moves on with the ceremony. Her words flowery as she asks for the "I Do"s.
    [Wedding Site]

Rae's smile widens even further as he says "I do." In every existing language. At the same time. Everyone listening should only hear it in the language they speak most fluently, just in case.
    Most people would understand that this wasn't the time to be competitive, but Emily is not most people. Beaming widely, she says "I do," in the language of the old ones themselves.
    It may cause a very slight, very short-lived headache in people hearing it.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1062

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    There is a chance this unremarkable fellow runs into a rather unnotable girl. She is not notably tall, short, beautiful, ugly, shapely, boxy, skinny, fat, or unnotable. She has the kind of face that reminds you of that other person you know, but not really all that much now that you get a good look at it. However, her straight hair is worn long and is bright orange.

"Uh, hi. You look lost."
    "Huh, what? Who?" The NPC mumbles.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Huh, what? Who?" The NPC mumbles.
    "Can you speak up? Slow down and think. What are you looking for? Do you know where you are? Are you looking for someone?"

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Somewhere -> Back at the Camp]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Oh..." Sarah says, looking at Terrance's 'burning' rump with a skeptical expression. Which soon breaks down in a mild giggle. "Yeah, funny enough. Umm, what else can you do?" Sarah asks the imp.
    The imp sneers. "This is degrading. The hell am I doin takin orders from a lil pipsqueak like you anyway?" Jixnib peers at Gulaghar. "Oi! Aren't you more the type to be givin orders ta the likes o' me?" He freezes a little bit, and nor does Ghar say anything.

"I have matters to attend to." He says suddenly to his apprentices. "Jixnib will stay with you. Don't worry, he won't harm you." The imp scowls.

And with that, Ghar will try to teleport them back to the camp proper. He will be mysteriously absent, though the imp does remain.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "Can you speak up? Slow down and think. What are you looking for? Do you know where you are? Are you looking for someone?"
    "Uh, yeah, yeah. I, uh, I was, uh, I was looking- er, no... No that's not it." The confused NPCs stutters, looking utterly, completely, totally, absolutely, without a doubt indubitably one hundred percent lost. Then he suddenly grins. "I know! I'm someone, looking for... Something, which might be... somewhere, which could be, well, anywhere... Or at least I could be..... I... Is that it?"
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-26 at 08:17 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Uh, yeah, yeah. I, uh, I was, uh, I was looking- er, no... No that's not it." The confused NPCs stutters, looking utterly, completely, totally, absolutely, without a doubt indubitably one hundred percent lost. Then he suddenly grins. "I know! I'm someone, looking for... Something, which might be... somewhere, which could be, well, anywhere... Or at least I could be..... I... Is that it?"
    "...So you don't know who you are, where you are, what you are looking for, or where it might be? I can tell you where you are, but beyond that you are going to have to figure more out before I can help you. Before most anyone can help you."

17. - Top - End - #1067

"I know who I am! I'm.... Me. I have a very definite idea of who I am, I just can't explain it.... That's rather odd, isn't it?" The man says, as if the thought that this is all very weird only just struck him. "Wait! Maybe... Maybe I wrote my name on my clothing. If I have a name... If I have any clothing....... I am wearing clothing, right?"

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Most people would understand that this wasn't the time to be competitive, but Emily is not most people. Beaming widely, she says "I do," in the language of the old ones themselves.
    It may cause a very slight, very short-lived headache in people hearing it.
    Quinn, being a formerly Far Tainted being, doesn't notice in the least...
    "In the power vested in me as Champion of Neirian, Goddess of Pixies, Love, Life and Death, I pronuounce you husband and wife.

You may now kiss the groom."

Jamie does notice, and her attention is dirverted from the gazebo...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Battle Compendium:

Zero:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomITP View Post
    Zero steps to the right to avoid the suit of armor's attack. At the same time he gathers blue sparks in his left hand, focuses them and then tries to send them flying towards the joints of the armor in an attempt to damage them.

Friend:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Friend had been firing at the bug demon, sighing as his shots are too late and turning to the child to assert if it was wise to attack.

"Quid!"

His helmet turns in reflex at the howls, noticing the timberwolf at the last second and barely dodging aside.

"A wolf with fur ablaze? Hath I not better knowledge I would assume thee a Seelie"

(His armour is just technology, by the way. It's his own "power" that causes the magicaal effect )

Sophie
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lakeshore]

Sophie dodges the sweep nimbly, not trusting her attack-stopping Edge to work on the hideous creature. She then steps forwards and inhales deeply, activatign an Edge that will try and drain whatever supernatural energy the monster might possess and use to fuel its power.

Zero's sparks do some damage to the animated armor's joints. The areas connected to the affected joints now move even slower than before!

Not to mention the metal has gained a significant amount of thermal energy. That should make it weaker to physical attacks!

Friend may notice twelve pairs of large yellow, bloodshot eyes hungrily glaring at him through the ring of fire.

The caricature beast recoils as a portion of its energy is drained away by Sophie. Sophie's assault was super effective!

But then...

The spidermen finish ripping their hole through reality. It radiates an enchanting white light that calls to all livings things, attempting to make desire nothing more than to pass through it.

It whispers of dreams, hopes, love, faith, and power!

The spidermen enter the portal without delay, hauling Valaira's vitrified corpse along with them.

The demons currently engaged in combat with Sophie and Friend (the caricature beast, the unidentified child, and the pack of wolves) instantly break ranks and begin to flee through the wretched portal with as much speed as they can muster.

The animated armor also attempts to retreat. It attempts to back through the portal, keeping its dark blade pointed at the PCs, lest they resolve to give chase.

----------

[Through the Portal -- Mayor's Mansion]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Well screw this breathing cave of aggression causing, people manipulating murder cult thing!

Reinholdt starts planting C4 on the pillar of gold by the alter. Not at the very top, but close to it. He does this with practice of someone who's blown up a fair number of things. I say this since he is frequently distracted by looking down at the crowd. I think he's expecting attacks to happen soon.

None of the cultists are attacking Rein as of yet. There are all glowering at him, though.

Every single one.

One does step forward. In a deep, discordant, masculine voice, he addresses Rein,

"Heh."

"He told us you'd be coming. He told us you'd try to stop us."

"Well, you're too late, girl!"

Erm...

Seems like they've mistaken Rein for Valaira.

"Our lord walks these planes once again."

"And he's coming for you, dear child."

"He'll make you his thrall for all eternity!"

The cultist turns to face his comrades. He draws his blade and holds it aloft.

"In the name of Lord Marintho!"

All of the other cultists draw their daggers.

Even the children.

In one rancorous voice they shout,

"In the name of Lord Marintho!"

Each one of them then plunges his or her blade into his or her body.

Some slit their throats outright.

Others choose to disembowel themself.

Even more decide to plunge their daggers directly into their hearts.

A few folks opt to cut open their major arteries and bleed out.

The chamber itself begins to shiver and quake in its own death spasms.

Looks like Rein might not even need that C4!

The chamber might just collapse on its own!

Isn't that great!

Run Rein!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-07-26 at 09:30 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

o.O
    Reinholdt jabs the C4 on haphazardly and flies for the exit. FLIES! These people were crazy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #1071

[Wedding Site]

"In the power vested in me as Champion of Neirian, Goddess of Pixies, Love, Life and Death, I pronuounce you husband and wife.

Rae immediately bends down to kiss the br- Waitaminute, did she say groom? Oh well, he stays bent down, so that Emily doesn't have to find a way to gain the extra foot she needs to actually kiss him correctly.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

The gazebo's creaking abruptly ceases as the climactic moment approaches, almost as if it's as tense as everyone else at the ceremony. Of course, it's probably not tensing up for the same reasons as everyone else.

Regardless, the structure goes utterly silent, along with a deadening of all the lovely sounds of nature that are required at an outdoor wedding. Anyone who observes the gazebo may notice its supports bending outwards unnaturally, almost as if it were taking a deep breath.
    Last edited by Saurous; 2011-07-26 at 09:59 PM.
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

Hey!
    Mint jumps up giggling, grabs some sand and throws it at Judy.
    Sand fight ensues. And to make it better, Judy tries to get Dani in on it.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

[Phoenix Island]

Judy is successful in this.
    Sandball fight ensues!
    With much giggling!
    And sand everywhere!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Sophie raises her gun, the portal's call nullified by her mental defense, and fires her last two bullets at the retreating monsters, unable to do more for now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Zero has lost all control at this point, he runs straight into the portal. He will probably end up making contact with the armor, ramming his knee into the chest of the armor, his knee covered in the blue sparks that make his attack just as effective as if he hit the armor in the chest with a mace or something else that can crush most armor.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: {Nexus} GLoG LXXIV: Back to the Numerals!

[Wedding Site]

Lewis is probably most confused about the multiple languages than the Old Speak, Old Ones being among his own world's inhabitants, but immediately forgets it all when he notices what Neirian's domains are.

There is a goddess of Pixies in the Nexus? O_O

He puts it aside when the couple gets ready to kiss, though. Goddess or no goddess, a wedding was more fun!

Lakeshore

Friend will keep an eye on the fleeing demons but his first concern will be to find a way to extinguish the flames around him. If they dissappear with their creators or do not alarm him, he will stare entranced at the portal.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

[Wedding Site]

High velocity jump kiss!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wedding Site
    Zach and all his pokemon begin to clap and/or cheer. Whichever is more appropriate.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #1080

Wedding Site

Andy will clap his hands as well, well a bit slow and such, but let's not drag any attention away.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK