Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Awesomenauts: Creeps' Revenge WW

Awesomenauts: Creeps’ Revenge WW
    by Tasroth
    based on the game created by Ronimo Games
    thanks to Thufir for suggesting using the creeps as villagers

It's the year 3587, conflict spans the stars. Huge robot armies are locked in an enduring stalemate. In their bid for galactic conquest they call upon the most powerful group of mercenaries in the universe: the Awesomenauts!

And in the jungles of Ribbit IV, one of the major battlegrounds of the war, small beasts try to go about their daily lives in spite of the opposing groups of Awesomenauts who keep killing them for the healthpacks that mysteriously pop out of them when they die. The life of a Jungle Creep is not an easy one.

Except... What if they were to work together? Might they stand a chance against these crazy mercenaries then?

This is intended as a small game, for a maximum of 20 players.

Rules
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basic rules may be found here.
    Votes must be in red text. Vote changes must be indicated by striking through the previous vote.
    Day phases will be roughly 48 hours, Night phases roughly 24.
    The 25% rule does not apply in this game.
    Helgraf’s scry interference rule is NOT being used in this game.
    Auto-lynches will occur after three consecutive days without pointing.

Roles
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jungle Creeps
    Spoiler
    Show
    The small creatures that inhabit the jungle of Ribbit IV. Not very bright, and constantly preyed on by the Awesomenauts, but there are a lot of them.

The Jungle Creeps win by eliminating all the Awesomenauts.

Creep
    The average small beasts of the jungle, they possess no additional abilities.

Solar Krab
    A native creature of Aiguillon, accidently transported to Ribbit IV. It’s somewhat brighter than the other jungle creeps, and much more observant. Each night, it may observe one player to discover their role (Seer). It’s still not terribly bright though, so it can’t tell the difference between different Awesomenauts (scries result in Creep, Solar Boss, or Awesomenaut).

Solar Boss
    Much bigger and more dangerous than its fellow creeps, the Solar Boss is able to protect one player each night from being killed by the Awesomenauts (Baner). In addition, if the Solar Boss successfully banes a target all the offending Awesomenauts automatically have +3 votes against them the following Day phase. Also, the Solar Boss is so big and resilient that only Awesomenauts stand much chance of making an impression on it. Any votes for the Solar Boss by other Jungle Creeps are discounted, and the Solar Boss’s vote counts as 3. If any Awesomenaut possesses an ability to ignore a certain number of votes however, the Solar Boss counts as 1 until this number is bypassed.

Awesomenauts
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mercenaries hired by both sides of the war, who have a habit of killing Jungle Creeps for a quick health boost. Needless to say, they want the enemy team dead and to outlast the creeps.

The Awesomenauts are divided in Team Red and Team Blue. Each team may attempt to kill one player each night by PMing the narrator. Either team wins by eliminating the enemy team, and having equal numbers to the surviving Jungle Creeps.

Each Awesomenaut has two abilities, each of which has a 1 day/night cooldown as applicable. An individual Awesomenaut may only use ONE ability each Day/Night pair (one ability during Day 1/Night 1, one during Day 2/Night 2, etc). If 2 abilities could cancel each other out, which one was used first will be randomised. The different Awesomenauts will be distributed randomly between the teams.

Froggy G*

“Grand master splash in da house!”
    Straight out of the marsh pond ghettos of planet Ribbit IV comes the amphibious B.I.G., also known as Nate Frogg, but mostly known as Froggy G. Froggy G is a gangsta rapper turned hired gun, combining his shoot-out experiences with lethal watery dance moves.
    Splash Dash: Froggy can launch himself forward at high speed, stunning anyone in his path. During either the day OR night phase, he may target one player. Any abilities that player tries to use during that phase fail (this does not count as using the ability, so it does not require cooldown). This affects the Solar Krab’s scries, Solar Boss’s bane, and all Awesomenaut abilities (including Clunk’s Explode).
    Tornado: Using his dance skills to spin madly, Froggy can repel unwanted attention. During the night phase, he can activate this ability. The next day, all in-thread votes (not bonus ones from abilities) against Froggy count against the player pointing at him. If the Solar Boss’s vote is reflected in this way, it only counts as 1.

Sheriff Lonestar*

“There’s a new Sheriff in town!”
    At the heart of the Milky Way lies the Bovinion system, ruled by a semi intelligent cow-like species. Until recent years, an age-old custom in this society was to scare young Bovinian calves with boogeyman stories about a scary cowboy. Recently, a wealthy Bovinian visionary opened up a park where visitors would come to see a genetically re-engineered cowboy in action. But disaster struck and the cowboy escaped his cage. Once the entire Bovinian civilization had been wrangled, the cowboy, naming himself Sherriff Lonestar, rode a rocketship into the sunset, his job complete. Now Sherriff Lonestar fights as a mercenary in the robot wars.
    Dynamite: Sometimes shooting things won’t cut it, so Lonestar pulls out sticks of cigar-lit dynamite. During the night phase, he may prepare to throw dynamite. The first player Lonestar points at the next day receives an additional 3 votes. If he changes his point later on, these bonus votes do not move. If Lonestar fails to point, the ability is wasted.
    Summon Hyper-Bull: To keep himself sharp, Lonestar trains with powerful holo-bulls that knock anyone away. During the day phase, he may PM the narrator a list of players he wants to protect, and a list of players he wants them protected from (pushed). Lonestar automatically protects himself, and additional random players are also protected. The number of players on each list will decrease based on the number of surviving players, but starts at a maximum of 3 chosen protected, 2 random protected, and 3 pushed. Any votes by the pushed players for protected players are discounted, as is Lonestar’s vote if he points at a pushed player. The following night, the pushed players cannot target the protected players with any abilities (and are given the list of protected players, so they may decide based on that). This can even prevent the enemy night kill if ALL the surviving enemy team are pushed.

Leon Chameleon

“I am not only a lover, but also a fighter.”
    Leon's life is a life of crime, women, and borrowing without returning. He lost his arm in an unfortunate jeu de boules incident and spends most of his time smoothly escaping debt collectors. Leon joined the Awesomenauts for some quick cash, spending it on beautiful women and exquisite meals. In combat, he puts his natural reptile abilities to some good use and slices up his enemies with great precision.
    Cloak: Leon’s natural stealth ability can render him completely invisible, at least until he attacks. During the night phase, Leon can activate his cloak. Until the end of the next day, any actions targeting him have an 80% chance of failure, and he ignores the first 5 votes against him. However, during this time he cannot post in the game thread or otherwise communicate about the game.
    Surprise!: Emerging from stealth, Leon can make short work of an unwary target. During the night phase, he may attempt to kill one player (Assassin). This kill only works on enemy Awesomenauts however, as Jungle Creeps would be a waste of Leon’s talents. Also, the Solar Boss is far too dangerous for a solo assassination, so the kill still fails but Leon learns the Solar Boss’s identity.

Clunk

“Aggression inhibitor malfunctioning.”
    Clunk is a robot suffering from anger management issues. He's saving up money to pay for therapy, but keeps losing it due to damage compensations. Clunk signed up as a mercenary to do what he is best at: wrecking things. He found that finally giving in to his aggressive nature has given him great inner peace.
    Vacuum Bite: Clunk has a powerful set of metal jaws that allow him to take a bite out of almost everything, which is quickly converted to raw health. During the day phase, he may target one player. Two votes are removed from Clunk and added to that player’s total.
    Explode: Clunk was designed to be a suicide attacker, and as such can activate his self-destruct when close to death. If Clunk is killed, one of the responsible players is taken with him (Beast). This ability does not need to be activated, but it does not function during the same Day/Night pair that Clunk used his Vacuum Bite.

Voltar the Omniscient

“I am the brain of the operation.”
    Voltar's past is shrouded in mystery. Rumor has it he once was a researcher at a star-encapsulating power station. The station made intergalactic headlines when it exploded around 500 years ago, sending off all kinds of strange, unseen radiation into space. The explosion at the power station destroyed almost every part of Voltar's body, leaving only his brilliant brain intact. This brain was carefully placed inside a Braintank by salvagers. No-one knows Voltar's true motives for participating in the war as a mercenary, but what can be assured is that he's a mastermind with unmatched psychotechnic powers and an arsenal of armed robots that do his every bidding.
    Drones: Because he does a lot of thinking, Voltar finds it worthwhile to use advanced, and nicely explosive, robodrones to fight on his behalf. Voltar ignores the first vote against him each day phase. Unlike most Awesomenaut abilities, this is always active. During the day phase however, he may choose to launch his drones at a target of his choice. That player gains an extra 3 votes, but Voltar loses his vote protection while this ability is on cooldown.
    Healbot: Voltar can construct a high-tech healbot to assist him heal his allies. During the night phase, Voltar may choose to protect one player from either any night kill attempts (Baner) OR being lynched the following day (Day-Baner).
    Healing Wave: In addition to his abilities, Voltar’s lynch vote counts as -1 when used against team-mates. It is ignored when targeting enemy Awesomenauts or the Solar Boss.

Yuri*

“Yuri was promised banana!”
    Once part of the soviet space program, Yuri was a monkey, experimentally shot into space during the 1960's cold war space race. Mysteriously, monitoring soviet scientists suddenly lost track of monkey Yuri's spacecraft. Little did they know that Yuri's spacecraft had entered a warpfield anomaly and was transported hundreds of years into the future! Also, the warpfield’s radiation boosted Yuri's mind to super-intelligent levels. The new, more intelligent, mad and slightly sadistic Yuri quickly grasped the situation and modified his broken rocket into an equally mad time-travelling supercomputer jetpack.
    Mines: What’s the use of a jetpack if all it can do is fly and warp space and time? Exactly, it needs explosions! During the night phase, Yuri may PM the narrator a number. A mine is placed that many posts after the night end narration (ignoring any posts by the narrator or dead players). The player posting at this point receives 4 lynch votes per mine at this spot. Yuri and his team-mates are unaffected, leaving the mine in play. Mines remain for up to 5 day phases.
    Time Warp: Yuri has managed to recreate parts of the time anomaly inside his jetpack, allowing him to alter the flow of time in an area around himself. He can activate this ability during the day phase. Until the end of the next night, he has a 50% chance of being unaffected by abilities and a (separate) 50% chance of learning the identity of the player using the ability (though not their role, or what ability it was). This includes banes affecting his team’s night kill (at a 10% chance to cancel), but not scries. During the day it is activated, there is a 50% chance it can be used against each ability targeting Yuri in that phase.

*These Awesomenauts have their abilities reset at the beginning on the Night phase rather than the Day phase, and so can use one Day 1, one Night 1/Day 2, etc.

Players
    Spoiler
    Show
    Living - 5/14
    aric_kale
    DarkLightDragon
    Legato Endless
    Qwaz
    Random_person

Dead
    Name Role Died
    Count Dingdong Jungle Creep Lynched Day 1
    The Fiery Tower Jungle Creep Killed Night 1
    smuchmuch Red Froggy G Killed Night 1
    banjo1985 Jungle Creep Lynched Day 2
    Lex-Kat Solar Krab Killed Night 2
    Askthepizzaguy Jungle Creep Killed Night 2
    Zar Peter Red Leon Lynched Day 3
    Penguinator Jungle Creep Killed Night 3
    Duck999 Jungle Creep Lynched Day 4
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2014-05-30 at 07:53 PM.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Awesomenauts: Creeps' Revenge WW

I need another game, though I have no idea what the Awesomenauts are.

In.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

In34567890

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

In, though I must say that for a small game this looks remarkably busy. Also, I'm by nature a little wary of powers that manipulate votes, but we'll see how this goes.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

In
    After all, it's not like being in 7 games is too many...
    Last edited by Duck999; 2014-04-28 at 06:10 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Awesomenauts: Creeps' Revenge WW - RECRUITING

I on the other hand have been demoted to 2 games, so there is once again room for another.

In.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    In
    After all, it's not like being in 7 games is too many...
    Duck Hunt!!!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I join everything.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Hmm, sounds fun. Does it have to be limited to 20 players? I suppose putting more players in might make the creeps too powerful, but it's hard to say when every wolf has awesome powers.

I know it's common in these forums, but I don't like abilities in WW that have a % chance of working. To me, WW is a game of calculated moves and deduction, and adding in randomness throws that off. I'd give Leon's stealth ability a 100% chance of negating abilities that target him, and changing Yuri's ability to remove the % chance, maybe having it always work but only apply to the first ability that targets him.

Also, you might want to handpick the different Awesomenauts teams instead of randomly selecting them, to make them more balanced.

Not getting in yet, but considering it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Hmm, sounds fun. Does it have to be limited to 20 players? I suppose putting more players in might make the creeps too powerful, but it's hard to say when every wolf has awesome powers.

I know it's common in these forums, but I don't like abilities in WW that have a % chance of working. To me, WW is a game of calculated moves and deduction, and adding in randomness throws that off. I'd give Leon's stealth ability a 100% chance of negating abilities that target him, and changing Yuri's ability to remove the % chance, maybe having it always work but only apply to the first ability that targets him.

Also, you might want to handpick the different Awesomenauts teams instead of randomly selecting them, to make them more balanced.

Not getting in yet, but considering it.
    Yes, it has to be limited to 20 players, not because I think the rules would only work with that size, but because small games do not require schedule slots and I didn't ask for one.

And I was thinking of looking very carefully at which Awesomenauts end up on a team together, though I was going to start from random. Some combinations could be far too powerful.

Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Duck Hunt!!!
    Please don't. At one point I was hunted in a WW game before it started, which then made me hunted im 2 SMBGs.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Count me in!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll give it a go
    Click to view my dragons and help them grow!
    Please help my Pokemon!

4TH DEGREE!
    Winner of the 1st, 7th and 8th rounds of original Ready, Aim, Fire!

Pokemon X Info:
    3DS Code: 3110-5232-7003
    Character Name: Gwendolyn
    Pokemon for trade: Here

14. - Top - End - #14
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm only in two games. In.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will be in to support a fellow game host who needs players.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Why do I hate myself. I apologize if I miss a couple of days due to finals in advance...

In.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiery Tower View Post
    Why do I hate myself. I apologize if I miss a couple of days due to finals in advance...

In.
    Promise me you will set aside 2 minutes to log in, post:

"IM HERE IM HERE DONT AUTO LYNCH ME Vote: Askthepizzaguy BECAUSE HE GAVE ME PERMISSION TO DO THIS SO I WON'T AUTO LYNCH"

Literally copy and paste that to save time.

That's all I care about. Force the danged wolves to murder you, please.

PS: I'm not suggesting you get auto-lynched a lot (or ever, as far as I know?), I'm suggesting villagers in general do around here for absolutely no reason that I can see, with the exception of precisely one player.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-05-11 at 05:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Promise me you will set aside 2 minutes to log in, post:

"IM HERE IM HERE DONT AUTO LYNCH ME Vote: Askthepizzaguy BECAUSE HE GAVE ME PERMISSION TO DO THIS SO I WON'T AUTO LYNCH"

Literally copy and paste that to save time.

That's all I care about. Force the danged wolves to murder you, please.

PS: I'm not suggesting you get auto-lynched a lot (or ever, as far as I know?), I'm suggesting villagers in general do around here for absolutely no reason that I can see, with the exception of precisely one player.
    I used to be absolutely terrible about keeping track of games and got autolynched a few more times then I want to see in the archives. Since I started playing these again I've missed days, but I haven't been hit by the dreaded autolynch. I don't intend to start with this game.

Worst case you may see a familiar phrase out of rushedness.
    Last edited by TFT; 2014-05-11 at 06:21 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sweet.

I'm going to start a revolution, and it involves reforming habitual auto-lynchees.

We're going to be positive and enthusiastic and supportive and let them all know how much we love them and want to see them succeed.

We will offer them a step-by-step plan to curb their auto addiction.

Step One: "It's simple. We kill the PizzaMan."

Step Two: "I didn't get auto-lynched and pizza is dead. That was fun!"

Step Three: "I remember why I sign up for these games now."

Step Four: ????

Step Five: Profit.

20. - Top - End - #20

So far I've been autolynched a total of three times over two years of playing and all three of them were due to huge exams that overtook my life and I was being stupid and didn't realise I was up for Auto. The most recent one in the not so distant Fears is my most regretted autolynch ever since it was an amazing game.

Not in, but should you be scraping the barrel for players and desperately need one or two to start poke me and I shall join. Trying to limit the games for now due to limited time and I want to not just be a passive player, but return to the analytical power that I used to be.
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Out of retirement to get this game off the ground...

QWAZ RETURNS!

Calling out Thufir to get his devious behind in here too!

*cough*

I meant "in"

22. - Top - End - #22

Don't know nothing about the theme but since it's following the normal game rules I sign up!
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, I'm going to leave recruitment open for about another 24 hours, then I want to get the game started.

Also, at current numbers I'm going to leave out a couple of the Awesomenauts. If there's a sudden surge of interest and we get 18 players, I'll use all of them.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to join
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Also, at current numbers I'm going to leave out a couple of the Awesomenauts. If there's a sudden surge of interest and we get 18 players, I'll use all of them.
    Which ones? I have said, multiple times, that the only reason I haven't joined yet is because of the awesomenauts with chance abilities. If you remove those or change their abilities I'm in.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, recruitment closed. I'll assign roles and send out role PMs now. Game begins when I've posted the opening narration.

- - - Updated - - -

The jungle of Ribbit IV awakes to the familiar sounds of gunfire and explosions. The indigenous creatures watch these strange outsiders with interest.
    “Bring it! What?!”
    “Exclaiming derogatory statement.”
    One of the Awesomenauts retreats from the battle, spies a lone jungle creep, and blasts it. As always mysteriously happens, a healthpack pops out and suddenly the Awesomenaut is feeling much better.
    This time however, the other watching jungle creeps look at each other. This seems to happen a lot. The Awesomenauts pause in their attempted destruction of each other. There’s something strange about the jungle creeps. It looks like a thought is occurring.

More jungle creeps seem to be gathering together. Now they are just staring at the Awesomenauts. It’s getting rather worrying.

The jungle creeps are too preoccupied with making their minds up about what to do to pay much attention to the announcement that rings through the area.
    “Please don’t feed the indigenous species. Thank you.”

Day 1 Begins!
    Last edited by Tasroth; 2014-05-19 at 06:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's start with a random vote for... okay, voting smuchmuch would be kind of rude, what with my avatar and all, so reroll... banjo1985.
    Last edited by Fortuna; 2014-05-20 at 06:51 AM.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Are there still two different teams? And do we know which awesomenauts were dropped/remain, or is this game a bit blind now with the down sizing?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Pizzaguy has the best chance of being an evil, pizza-eating, crazy old guy with lightning shootin' out of his fingers. So I'll vote for Murska instead, just to be different.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-05-19 at 09:17 PM. Reason: forgot the 'n'

30. - Top - End - #30
    Halfling in the Playground

I'll throw out a vote for zar peter
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2014-05-21 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Edit? What do you mean?
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show