New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    SUCH REPOSE DOTH BE FOR THOSE OF WEAKENED CONSTITUTIONS!
    [/REVERB]
    Dark:
    Spoiler
    Show
    People selling your blood on the street like drugs.

That was the most cheerful part of that sequence, and it's inaccurate.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    no...its an add-on that was linked in the nightly wrapup a day or two back...

automatically replaces words such as "anybody" with "anypony" or "hands" to Hooves" while you are surfing the web so that you dont have to waste a single synapse translating to ponyese yourself 8)
    I got it, used it for a while, then turned it off. It causes a momentary lag while it changes the page, which I found annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    About roleplays:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got hit be a case of in-secures yesterday. I just want to make sure I'm not annoying everyone. If anyone has any problems with the way I'm currently roleplaying, please tell me.

I was thinking about retconning some stuff about Candle Keeper, also. I'll post that later if anyone cares too much. (It's mostly stuff I haven't actually told anyone yet.)
    Roleplays response
    Spoiler
    Show
    I feel like that every time I post as Leo. I don't have a problem with Candle Keeper, but I do wish to say the same thing regarding Leo: If you have a problem, please tell me.

Speaking of: SiuiS, Lix and Esper, I still haven't heard back from any of you from my last comment about fixing some issues.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Fridge logic. How come Nightmare Moon speaks perfect English but Luna speaks archaic English?
    Hmm, two ideas on this one...

(1): Her archaic speech is at least largely in part a conscious effort to be proper before her subjects, much as the Royal Canterlot Voice. When she first returned as Nightmare Moon, her interest was in ruling with an iron hoof, not in earning respect as a proper princess, and so she did not bother with it. I think that as Luna, she at least somewhat lapsed back away from such formality when in private, didn't she?

(2): The evil force possessing her somehow knew modern speech and was doing the talking for her...? We don't really know enough about its nature to guess at this one. Maybe it was free to observe Equestria while she was imprisoned.

(2.5): The writers hadn't decided she'd speak archaically yet, but I think we can figure a way it at least half makes sense anyway.

Also, ponythread IRC is indeed working. A few of us are hanging out there now.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 06:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    Indeed! The IRC is live, and there is much rejoicing!

EDIT: Have some nostalgia!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2011-10-25 at 06:10 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Verily, thou hast better run! The Royal Princess Luna, Lady of the Night, holds "Best Pony" amongst her mighty throng of titles!
    I heed your warning most gravely! Forsooth, I abscond with yonder Pipsqueak in a most rapid fashion! My rump shall remain whole and ungobbled...FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    Take care! You're a crazy awesome writer, and an all-around great person to have around. I hope to see you around again someday.

And because I forgot to quote Scion's post as well:

From what I have seen of you, you seem like an alright guy. That's enough for a "Goodbye", "I'll miss you", or "Don't tell them about the crawlspace", depending on the circumstances.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Out of the blue post because I love visual puns:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...I'm afraid I don't get it at all :(

...unless it's supposed to be shipping name...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Hmm. I'm pretty torn here, I love Kathleen Barr, and I'd like to hear her as much as possible, but I guess it would be best to hear her as TG&P Trixie :P

Also, have something... exotic
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ...After watching this...

Polish is a cool language!

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Dark:
    Spoiler
    Show
    People selling your blood on the street like drugs.

That was the most cheerful part of that sequence, and it's inaccurate.
    Sounds like ... fun.

Spoiler
    Show

Hope you can get some sleep soon O_o

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

bingo... look at what Pinkie is holding.....and think about the 2 ponies pictured

Rainbow Pie
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #880
    Orc in the Playground

That's it, yeah. RainbowPie.

And, nice! I thought Applejack's voice sounded weird at a few points, but the song's still very recognizable.

Edit: Accursed ninjas.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 06:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sigh... I really need to get engineering stuff done, but I'm just not in a good frame of mind for it. Stuff happened with my not-girlfriend and now I can't focus on the engineering at all. I need some cheering up, ponythread.

... Also, latest chapter is done. Not posting it until engineering is done or at least attempted.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Bugbear in the Playground

ATTENTION ONCE AGAIN EVERYPONY.

...Wow, I should probably stop doing that, huh?

We have a mibbit link for those ponies who don't want to download anything! Just click the mibbit link at the bottom of this post and you'll be brought to a web based IRC client, and dropped directly into the chat room.

#ponythread on IRC.Sorcery.net

Also, Trixie, can I request that both this link and the prior post about IRC which includes the Guide and Server information go in the next OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    So, Terezi, karkat, Tavros, Vriska, Fef, Eridan, Equius and Gamzee...

LIXIE DEMANDS THE INFORMATION RELATED TO THE LOCATION OF THE EQUINE EQUIVALENTS OF HER BELOVED SOLLUX, NEPETA, AND TO A LESSER EXTENT KANAYA AND ARADIA.
    THE REWARD FOR THIS INFORMATION SHALL BE ONE (1) CUDDLE (OR IN THE CASE OF THE LICH, ONE LACK OF CUDDLE.)[/REVERB]
    Challenge Accepted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Hey guys. I'm probably going to post less for a little while. Of course, it seems like a lot of other people are doing this, and they are bigger and more important pony threaders for sure, and their hiatus' are much more final then mine, but I just wanted to mention it.

About roleplays:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got hit be a case of in-secures yesterday. I just want to make sure I'm not annoying everyone. If anyone has any problems with the way I'm currently roleplaying, please tell me.

I was thinking about retconning some stuff about Candle Keeper, also. I'll post that later if anyone cares too much. (It's mostly stuff I haven't actually told anyone yet.)

Also, yes. Ponies have been pushed to the back of my mind by the Hussmeister. I'm going to go speculate as to what Lord English looks like now. Have fun you crazy people!

Edit: Oh Lord I found this and I can't not link to it!
    You aren't annoying anypony. I promise. *Hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I have a history essay to horseapples my way through, so I can't talk, but I'm really glad this happened.
    Well the channel has been registered, so it'll always be there. Stop in when you finish up, I can guarantee you somepony will still be up.

Truly, an idea wrought of purest joy. We look forward to the fruits of thy labors and would provide what succor and support we are capable of providing thee.
    *Points up* Job's Done.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Indeed! The IRC is live, and there is much rejoicing!
    We have 12 ponies in there right now. Yaaaaaay!
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 06:56 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    [B][I][U][SIZE="7"]
    Challenge Accepted.
    Spoiler
    Show

You aren't annoying anypony. I promise. *Hugs*
    Where did you find those pictures! So much want!

And, uh, hugs are cool. I'm ok with that.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

(1): Her archaic speech is at least largely in part a conscious effort to be proper before her subjects, much as the Royal Canterlot Voice. When she first returned as Nightmare Moon, her interest was in ruling with an iron hoof, not in earning respect as a proper princess, and so she did not bother with it. I think that as Luna, she at least somewhat lapsed back away from such formality when in private, didn't she?

(2): The evil force possessing her somehow knew modern speech and was doing the talking for her...? We don't really know enough about its nature to guess at this one. Maybe it was free to observe Equestria while she was imprisoned.

(2.5): The writers hadn't decided she'd speak archaically yet, but I think we can figure a way it at least half makes sense anyway.

Yeah, I like the former most. It's a more elegant explanation. As Nightmare Moon, she wasn't bound by the rules of proper society, because screw you ponies, basically. Whereas in episode 4, as Luna and on what is probably her first semi-official outing since, she reverts to the traditional formal phrasing and diction which just happens to have been abandoned since her imprisonment, (unlike the majority of informal speech).
    That plus 2.5, obviously.
    Last edited by Tiki Snakes; 2011-10-25 at 07:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Challenge Accepted.
    Spoiler
    Show

Good pony, are you desirous of your well earnt cuddles now, or later?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Titan in the Playground

Unusual find: a Spike-grows-up fic that is actually positive. Will wonders never cease! (Though not before time...!)

(That may even be just the start of a longer fic as well, so if it is, who knows where it might go?)

17. - Top - End - #887

Good pony, are you desirous of your well earnt cuddles now, or later?
    Hmhm. I do believe that I will accept these newly acquired cuddles thusly.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

18. - Top - End - #888
    Banned

I haven't read Esper's 'fics yet (I need to, eventually), but could Starswirl the Bearded be the original author of the book that is rather important to the storyline?

And puns? We should know by now to leaf well enough alone.
    Good Gracious, Mane! Dew yew know what you've dun?

EDIT: I HATH FAILED MOST MIGHTILY THIS DAY! A MOMENT AGO I DISCOVERED I THE DISADVANTAGES OF CLOTHING OURSELF IN THE DARK; I HAVE MY UNDERGARMENTS ON BACKWARDS.
    Ha! That's why I wear [garment type]. It's not possible to get them on backwards!
    Also, this is the funniest sentence in years.

Argh! That... that... 'tis not helpful! I need to be nagged, for alone I sink into the hungry mires of sloth. I command thou to nag me!
    Spoiler
    Show

Verily, thou hast better run! The Royal Princess Luna, Lady of the Night, holds "Best Pony" amongst her mighty throng of titles!
    Eyup. Luna is best pony, and anypony what says otherwise had beat be ready to be knocked a'flyin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    November's almost here.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    I entirely understand and wish you the best of luck. That said

Spoiler
    Show
    Nooooooo don't leeeeaaaave we neeed yoooouuuu
    Yoooouuuu don't have perrrrrrmissssiooooooonnnnnn...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Heck no! My favorite job was working night stocking for Lowes.

I'd start again in a heart beat, though school doesn't make that possible right now.

Luna time is the best time.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll be sad to see you go Raz. I always enjoyed your antics.

I'm considering much the same, just because I don't seem to be able to go more than a week or two with out annoying somepony.
    What-ho? Who have you annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    ponify.me AKA Celestia Radio? I like it, I stream it on my iPod Touch in the morning while I'm doing my daily treadmill.
    ... How do I stream this Celestia Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    Well, I do have a job, that part is true.<sigh>
    Better than some! Still, sucks that posting speed has declined for you.

But one that's funny, because that statement is followed by one of your own Megaquotes.
    Yeah, he has this weird thing going where he does all sorts of awesome stuff and then apologizes for not doing even better. It's a common thing in Ponythread.

On the other hand, the other topic I had to breach was why I am I being missed? What did I ever do except bug people with reminders about The Thread: The Game or occasionally become the Starscream for a day or two? My largest achievements to date have been a hammy verbal sparring session against DBC and my part in the original Airshipping roleplay. I only left a post mentioning that my abscence from the thread was extending indefinitely because SiuiS PMed me about my leaving. I'm happy that people care about me (it's certainly a feeling that's relatively new to me), but I'm confused as to the reasoning behind it.
    Uh, why wouldn't we? Even ignoring your character, you don't seem to get how historic the Air-Shipping was. We have five different RPs going right this very instant that are directly relatable to what we did - to what you did - with the airship thing.

And you know, we never did find out what became of the fair moon princess. You and Mcerberus were hashing out... Something. I remember shipnotes and warfare, and that's it.

Good News Everypony!

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.

Jade Aurora's Handy Dandy Guide to IRC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi everypony, and welcome! I'm Jade, and I'll be your lovely assistant for this lesson! Not too many ponies are familiar with the Internet Relay Chat protocol, and that's where I'm here to help! For those who don't know, IRC is a chat protocol similar to AIM and MSN, instant messengers we're all familiar with. There's a few things you need to get IRC working, so let's take a look at what they are.

1. IRC Chat Client
    2. Server and Server Information
    3. Channel Name
    4. Brief List of Important Commands

1. IRC Chat Client
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, the first thing you need is a program that can handle IRC. These programs tend to be lightweight, and in some cases can be, or already are integrated into programs you already use every day. For example, do you use the web browser Opera or the Instant Messaging Client Pidgin? Then you already have a program capable of supporting your server. If this is the case, you can skip on down to the next section. If not however, you're gonna need to download one.

Personally, I recommend one such as XChat 2 or mIRC, but it's really not hard to find your own alternative. Just remember, don't be tricked into paying for an IRC client. There are tons upon tons of free options out there.

2. Server and Server Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you've got a program that can run IRC. Now what do you do? Well, first things first you need to do is figure out what server you're going to be connecting to. In our case, you will be connecting to:

This is usually pretty simple. It'll be a different process for each separate client, but they all tend to be pretty similar. There's generally a tools tab, followed by an options tab. There will be a field looking for the server to connect to. Type in what's in the quote box above, enter a username (you don't need to register it if you don't want to, that will be covered in section 4), and you're good to go! It should connect to the main page of the Sorcery IRC server. From there, you can go hunting for your channel.

3. Channel Name
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a pretty simple one. In our case, the channel name is:

And you know how you join that? Just type into the text box at the bottom of your IRC client "/join #ponythread" and you're in! There's a bit more we can do with chanels though. Say you want to see if there are any other pony related channels in the server. Well, from any window on the Sorcery server, you can type in "/list" to get a list of all of the channels on the server. From there, you can use the "/join" command to join that channel too! Most channels have a # preceding their name, so remember that.

4. Brief List of Important Commands
    Spoiler
    Show
    /msg [NAME] This allows you to send a private message to [NAME].
    /msg NickServ This allows you to send a message to the Nickname Server on the Sorcery IRC network. You can type "/msg NickServ HELP" from any window to get help with your nickname. This includes registering a floating nickname, changing the password on your nickname, and other different commands you can check out from there.
    /list This allows you to see a list of all channels on the current server.

This list will be edited as time goes on, and more commands become pertinent.

IRC Server Information Standalone:
    Quoted for figuring out what the hay I'm doing later.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    I have heard children say far harsher things IRL.
    I fins that makes it more of a travesty, not less.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-25 at 07:31 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    1It may come as a surprise, but I am quite happy to get socks as presents (indeed, family tradition is that we all get a complete new outfit at Christmas, socks and pants included); I can never have enough socks, since I seem to get through them at an alarming rate. It's not as if I lose them, it's just they tend wear out really fast.

YES, ponythread, I do wear socks. Wearing boots over your naked bones is just as uncomfortable as it sounds.
    Lich in socks! Why has nopony else commented on this monumental revelation? The Commodore wears socks; Lix wears socks, they're like the perfect match!

Also, happy belated birthday.

EEEEP
    (goes to write)
    Yay!

Leo isn't.
    Lies! Lies and deception! Everypony is infatuated with Midnight; some are just better at hiding it.

Also, Topaz, Vent... Want me to keep a record of the Blue Ponies RP? I see you almost lost it there, so figured I'd offer.
    If you really want to, sure. I just don't want this to be a bother for you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    SiuiS did something a week ago. I'm not allowed to say what and I'm not allowed to elaborate BUT HE DID IT AND IT WAS.... IT WAS!! >o<

And I hated it!! Because it was mean!! T~T

So he said that if I remembered on my own without any help that I could post it on the thread.

So here I am, CALLING YOU OUT, YOU DIRTY PONY!!!! So that in the future he will know: his friends are here; I will embarrass him in front of them when he is mean to me >|
    SiuiS!!!! How dare you! I can't believe that you would do something like that...

Wait... what did he do? And if you're going to embarrass him every time he does something mean, was that earlier tale of his drunken escapades because of whatever he did that you are mentioning now, or because of something else? And furthermore, if those two posts were for two separate events, then that means that you decided to embarrass SiuiS before warning him of your intent to embarrass him for revenge. Yet, if they were for the same event, then you have already gotten revenge for it, making this statement of intent redundant. Not to mention the fact that we don't have any idea what it is that SiuiS has done, so we can't even judge for ourselves if such revenge is fair.

I just felt like messing with you.

FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show

Topaz' head goes back and forth at the exchange, her mouth opening and closing several times until it finishes, then looks at Raindrop. So, it's OK then? She looks back at Autumn. No, I'm no weather pony, though I have learned the cloud walk spell, but that's easy enough that almost any unicorn can do it. What I do is make magic platforms that can fly and I can ride. It's useful for transport and such. That's pretty much what I do; I'm kind of a one trick pony. *blushes* I though weather control was really interesting too. She looks up as the waiter comes back with their tea and to take their food orders. I'll have the seaweed salad and the garlic-ginger tempura, please, and the mint green tea ice cream for dessert.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that's really interesting, and um... Autumn looks surprised as the waiter comes back. Oh my! I just remembered that I've still got my dinner waiting! You've definitely gotta tell me more soon. She quickly flies back to her original table.

Oh, um... I guess I'll have the same as Topaz. So yeah, it's okay. I'm just a bit worried about what Wings will do tonight. You see, the last time we left Wings in charge all by himself, he decided that we needed a blizzard... in the middle of August. Now that was fun to clean up.

-

Since everypony seems to be doing it. Here's a character sheet for Roleplaying is Magic.

Raindrop (Roleplaying is Magic)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Raindrop
    Race: Unicorn
    Special Purpose: Alter, control, and study Equestrian weather (Raindrop particularly enjoys storms)
    Cutie Mark: The sun, being obscured by two rain clouds
    Primary Attributes: Body 2, Mind 3, Heart 1
    Secondary Attributes: Health 3, Energy 5, Courage 4
    Talents: Smart, Tough
    Job: Weather pony
    Skills: Knowledge(Weather Magic), Weather research, Knowledge(Obscure Pegasus history), Wilderness survival, Use Rope, Stalking Midnight
    Guiding Element: Kindness
    Magic:
    Effects: Animate, Change, Create, Diminish
    Subjects: Air

I figured that I'd make the sheet, even though I don't think that I'm gonna join any PBP with it. At least, not unless somepony asks nicely.

Kind of an embarrassing question, but what magical effect/subject do you think the Cloud Walking spell fall under? I think that it would fall under Change/Body, but that would leave me with two other magical tricks (most likely Create/Body and Diminish/Body) without any use (Since the magical tricks must relate to your special talent in some way.).

Also, looking at some of the Roleplaying is Magic character sheets: Midnight, if you're being statted as a mare, then you should have 5 more skills.

Topaz, you should have one more magical effect or subject.

Hey guys, how are ya? Got back from Newtonmore a few days ago, and have the rest of the week until I'm back to school, so I've been lurking a bit (though not nearly keeping up - I simply don't have the time anymore).

I'll probably not be reading regularly, and posts will be once in a blue moon. As much as I'd like to, I cannot coast through school on genius alone anymore (I did horribly last year, but when I told people what I got noone agreed - it was kind of frustrating), and I was spending almost every scrap of time keeping up during the holidays. If anyone wants me for some reason (however unlikely that is), they can PM me (my inbox is never full). I'm on Skype every once in a while (though I lack a camera and wouldn't use one, fortunately for you lot), if anyone wants to chat they can PM me for the name - and probably prior to any conversation, 'cause I only log in when I'm about to use it.

I feel like a complete jackass drawing attention to my leaving the thread indefinitely, really uncomfortable.

Goodbye, ponythread, I shall miss you. I'll be lurking when I can, and will never forget you - you crazy, wonderful people.

Oh, if there's a new Q&Neigh (I've heard the first three), could someone please PM me a link? Or at least a notice? Thank you very much.

Sincerely, Scion of the Void.
    *TACKLEGLOMPS* Can you believe that I was just asking about you?
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

20. - Top - End - #890

Okay, just had to drop by to show something adorable that I saw (that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen linked in these parts either...)

Spoiler
    Show

Monocle Trixie! From this tumblr.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

21. - Top - End - #891

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Sigh... I really need to get engineering stuff done, but I'm just not in a good frame of mind for it. Stuff happened with my not-girlfriend and now I can't focus on the engineering at all. I need some cheering up, ponythread.

... Also, latest chapter is done. Not posting it until engineering is done or at least attempted.
    quoted because it got kinda eclipsed by the TF's IRC announcement... wow i feel like a tool right now

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Hmhm. I do believe that I will accept these newly acquired cuddles thusly.
    (CUDDLES!)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Banned

Nightmare Moon was awake and watching for those thousand years. Luna, on the other hoof, was asleep.
    I don't know. I feel the setup proves quite conclusively that Nightmare Moon isn't a separate entity, but Luna's Big Girl Gothic Takemeseriouslydarnit! Screen name.

Speaking of: SiuiS, Lix and Esper, I still haven't heard back from any of you from my last comment about fixing some issues.
    Last I recall, you and I were done until you could get more information on Exalted! From Lix. I didn't realize I was leavin' ya hangin'.

What do you need my help with? Specific questions that I can answer would be better than a category.

I know it's 2.5, but still... Weird.

D:

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    If you really want to, sure. I just don't want this to be a bother for you at all.
    wouldn't be any trouble. I'll just go through the citations and wrack em up as I go. And I have to do that anyway to catch up on my own stuffs :3

Kind of an embarrassing question, but what magical effect/subject do you think the Cloud Walking spell fall under? I think that it would fall under Change/Body, but that would leave me with two other magical tricks (most likely Create/Body and Diminish/Body) without any use (Since the magical tricks must relate to your special talent in some way.).

Also, looking at some of the Roleplaying is Magic character sheets: Midnight, if you're being statted as a mare, then you should have 5 more skills.

Nice audit skills.

I kept wanting to say, and then forgot;
    You don't need to designate your specific tricks past the first one. As a unicorn, you can mix and match seeds on the fly, prodded you meet the minimum 1 subject / 1 effect criteria. So rather than pairing them off, you just have broad terms you can use for any magical effect; the more seeds, the more you can stretch your magic.

See? Toldja.

Byaku, not sure how to bring cheer. All I have is a banana, and r didn't work for Derpy...

I'll see if I can scrounge up some pony images :3

24. - Top - End - #894
    Orc in the Playground

quoted because it got kinda eclipsed by the TF's IRC announcement...
    LOAD THE PONYPULT!

Ready... aim... FIRE!

Spoiler
    Show

(warning, big!)
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 08:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

quoted because it got kinda eclipsed by the TF's IRC announcement... wow i feel like a tool right now
    SOMEPONY IS SAD! QUICK! UNLEASH THE HNNNGGG!!!

Spoiler
    Show

Extra layer of spoilerage due to EXTREME HNNNNGGGG!!!!! (Level 6-7 at least)

Spoiler
    Show

Complimentary unleashing of other awesome to match.
    Spoiler
    Show

Since everypony seems to be doing it. Here's a character sheet for Roleplaying is Magic.

Raindrop (Roleplaying is Magic)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Raindrop
    Race: Unicorn
    Special Purpose: Alter, control, and study Equestrian weather (Raindrop particularly enjoys storms)
    Cutie Mark: The sun, being obscured by two rain clouds
    Primary Attributes: Body 2, Mind 3, Heart 1
    Secondary Attributes: Health 3, Energy 5, Courage 4
    Talents: Smart, Tough
    Job: Weather pony
    Skills: Knowledge(Weather Magic), Weather research, Knowledge(Obscure Pegasus history), Wilderness survival, Use Rope, Stalking Midnight
    Guiding Element: Kindness
    Magic:
    Effects: Animate, Change, Create, Diminish
    Subjects: Air

I figured that I'd make the sheet, even though I don't think that I'm gonna join any PBP with it. At least, not unless somepony asks nicely.
    Stolen and added to compilation on Page 1 ... also I'd be happy to ask nicely, but still waiting for the PbP to commence :D

Good catches on the missing values, I'd mostly just assumed the people making them had decided not to utilise their full skill/magic points, but probably should have checked :3

EDIT: As for cloud walking ... spell, I'd assume it would be a mix of Change + Air and Change + Body (First part to make the spell, the second half to attach it to the unicorn)
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-25 at 08:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #896

I kept wanting to say, and then forgot;
    You don't need to designate your specific tricks past the first one. As a unicorn, you can mix and match seeds on the fly, prodded you meet the minimum 1 subject / 1 effect criteria. So rather than pairing them off, you just have broad terms you can use for any magical effect; the more seeds, the more you can stretch your magic.
    I guess I didn't explain myself very well. You see, that's the whole problem that I'm facing. I could drop the animate effect for the body subject, but I'd only be using it for change/body (Cloud walking), and the create/body and diminish/body options would be useless to me. I think that having the animate effect would be more appropriate for Raindrop, but then unless the cloud walking spell is counted under the air subject, I'd be losing out on one of the most important weather magic spells.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

27. - Top - End - #897

Good Gracious, Mane! Dew yew know what you've dun?

No, I really don't.

Ha! That's why I wear [garment type]. It's not possible to get them on backwards!
    Also, this is the funniest sentence in years.
    I didn't notice until about four in the afternoon! I have no idea how I managed it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm afraid I don't get any reference that might be in there. On the other hand, yay, nagging! The only way (short of giving me actual motivation - which is often more trouble than it's worth) to get me to do anything!

Eyup. Luna is best pony, and anypony what says otherwise had beat be ready to be knocked a'flyin'.
    Indeed she is, and I'm not afraid to ship at random anyone who says otherwise. *still has a good side-and-a-bit of Ship Note page left*

Uh, why wouldn't we? Even ignoring your character, you don't seem to get how historic the Air-Shipping was. We have five different RPs going right this very instant that are directly relatable to what we did - to what you did - with the airship thing.

And you know, we never did find out what became of the fair moon princess. You and Mcerberus were hashing out... Something. I remember shipnotes and warfare, and that's it.
    Huh, didn't know that. I'm completely oblivious to damn near everything. I also haven't been keeping up with the last few threads, and haven't looked at the current rps because I never saw the start of them, so yeah.

We never really discussed it outside of the thread, plus there were lots of retcons, loose ends and weirdness left over from the end of the Dreamworld arc. LOTS.

Also, can I quote this:
    I remember shipnotes and warfare, and that's it.
    In my sig? I love the fact that that is my legacy to the thread.

Also also, that reminds me. MCerberus, I leave in the understanding that you won't let anything unfortunate happen to Luna while I'm gone. How you're going to significantly defend a being of deific strength I have no idea, you work it out. *offers handshake*

Also also also, noone is to give him void-combating techniques, materials or stuff of any kind while I'm away. Because that would be mean. And I'm already plenty vulnerable if you know enough about me.

First of all, the was rather close. Hints: Something described with "tackle-" as a prefix directed at someone with void powers. Caution is not so much advised, as it is mandatory if you want to keep all of your skin on the same plane of existence. Most ponies do, funnily enough.

In answer to your question, yes. But only because SiuiS mentioned people had specifically asked for me and I had to go and look for at least one (for reasons I shall not be revealing). Whatever you wanted me for, please PM me about it (and know that you should have done that in the first place, you foal ).
    Last edited by ScionoftheVoid; 2011-10-25 at 08:03 PM.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Unusual find: a Spike-grows-up fic that is actually positive. Will wonders never cease! (Though not before time...!)

(That may even be just the start of a longer fic as well, so if it is, who knows where it might go?)
    Unrelated to that, but I would still like your help designing ships and fleets in GSB. We can stick to just the factions you're familiar with, naturally.

What-ho? Who have you annoyed
    Usually no one in particular, just sort of a general "I've annoyed everypony" feel, though most recently, I'm about 85% sure I've annoyed Lix.

Lies! Lies and deception! Everypony is infatuated with Midnight; some are just better at hiding it.
    I can assure you Leo is not, for a number of reasons.

Last I recall, you and I were done until you could get more information on Exalted! From Lix. I didn't realize I was leavin' ya hangin'.

What do you need my help with? Specific questions that I can answer would be better than a category.
    Nothing specific with you at the moment, just sorta letting everyone involved that I still want to resolve the issue.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

29. - Top - End - #899

Engineering hw is a lost cause. Thanks to those who tried to help, I just have too much on my mind to do anything right now. I'll follow through on my promise, though.

Chapter 6: (reposted... it was 6, right?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Another day, like any other. I woke at sunset, stretching and performing my morning routine, anticipating a long day filled with magic and Luna. I stepped into the teleportation circle leading down to Luna’s dais (she had finally grown tired of waiting for me to navigate the tortuous labyrinth of corridors and staircases that comprised the Canterlot palace underlevels), expecting to see her sitting regally with the mischievous grin I had come to love adorning her muzzle. Instead, I was greeted with a solemn stare. The usual attendants who constantly fluttered around the Princess like hungry parasprites were gone, as were the stalwart stallions of the Nightguard. It was just me, alone with the Princess.

“Good morning, Shadow,” she said, her voice matching her solemn expression and body language.

“Good morning, Pr—Luna.” All this time, and it was still difficult to call the stunning alicorn by her given name. Something about her just seemed to demand the title, at least from me. Stepping forward hesitantly, I asked, “Is… is there something bothering you, Princess?”

A strained smile crossed her gorgeous features. “More than you could possibly understand, my dear Shadow. Please, come sit with me.” A blueshod hoof gestured to a cushion right next to her on the top level of the dais.

I crossed the distance slowly, a thousand thoughts and suspicions bubbling across my panicked mind. The one that came to the fore, the one that I held on to with all my might, was simple: Whatever is troubling her, I will do whatever I have to to help. As I settled on the cushion at her right side, she leaned over and gave me a brief neckhug, sending a thrill through my body.

“You’ve probably been wondering why all of this has happened. Why I took you from your home in Ponyville, why I’ve kept you here with me, why Canterlot would need a pony with talents like yours.” I nodded in agreement, but Luna was studying her left forehoof intently. I was shocked to see her beautiful pale green eyes filling with tears. “Today is the day you find out, Shadow.

“As I’m sure you know, there are other nations outside Equestria. The Griffons, the Zebra, the Dragons… even some pony nations formed by those ponies unlucky enough to have lived outside the sphere of influence my sister and I maintained. And not all of them have ponykind’s best interests at heart. Celestia has managed to keep everything under control until now, but things have been fraying for the past thousand years. Equestria is running out of friends, Shadow. A thousand years of peace have given us so many good things… but they’ve also left us weak. Vulnerable. And even my sister won’t be able to save us if the Griffons or the Dragons decide that they want us gone. We can only do so much, and she’s reaching her limits on the battlefields of diplomacy.

“That’s where ponies like you and me come in, Shadow. We aren’t here for the diplomacy.” A strained giggle forced its way from the distressed alicorn’s throat. Tears fell one or two at a time, marring that beautiful coat with darker streaks. “I can hardly even convince the kitchen ponies to make me an extra daisy sandwich at lunchtime, much less negotiate peace treaties and trade agreements. So Tia has given me an assignment more suiting my skills. I’ve been recruiting ponies like you. Some I use as spies and informants. Some spread propaganda in other cities, some here in Equestria. Sis is amazing, but she lacks a certain subtlety, and that’s exactly where ponies like us excel.

“Recently, my informants have come up with some unpleasant news. A griffon, Gwendolyn Golfeather, has been stirring up a following in the Griffon nation. She’s trying to push the government to declare war on Equestria. We wouldn’t be able to fight back. They’d wipe us off the map… if we were lucky. After all, Griffons are carnivores. I don’t think that if they got the chance they’d see much difference between eating fish and squirrels and eating ponies.”

“That’s where you come in, Shadow. I have a job for you. I’ve been training you all this time, and I know you’re ready for it.” She turned and touched her horn to mine, a scandalously intimate gesture, and looked in my eyes through the tears which now ran in a constant stream down her lovely face. Reflected in those eyes, I saw a bottomless well of sadness and regret, and now just the slightest bit of pity directed at me. “I need you to make sure that Gwendolyn Golfeather and her followers can’t hurt us. I need you to kill her. Will you do this for Equestria? … Will you do it for me, my little assassin?”

A torrent of conflicting feelings surged through my beleaguered mind. I had never minded killing monsters in the Everfree Forest; if I hadn’t, they would have leaked out and hurt ponies, maybe even somepony I cared about. But those were monsters, mindless beasts or as good as. What the Princess, my Princess, was asking was for me to kill another sentient being, almost like killing a pony. Not heroism, like I’d always imagined my efforts in the forest had been, but murder in cold blood. I didn’t know if I could stomach that thought, much less the idea that Luna, my beloved Luna, was asking this of me.

A dark little part of me raised its head with a chuckle. Come now, Shadow. You knew this would happen someday. What did you think she was training you for, the fall harvest? Besides, it’s really no different. Except if you let these monsters live, somepony you care about WILL be hurt. Ditzy, maybe. Or Fluttershy. You remember when that one Griffon was in Ponyville and made her cry, don’t you? You nearly killed it on the spot. And these Griffons would do so much more than that. Can you just sit here and let that happen? We both know you’re not a good pony, but are you really THAT bad a pony?

But MURDER, I thought in return. If I’m willing to do this, what’s to stop me from doing more? Going further? If I kill a Griffon, why not a zebra? Or even another pony?

My little dark side shook its head in disgust and turned sideways to me so I could see its flank. You see this, don’t you? He said, gesturing with a hoof towards his… our… cutie mark. And you know what it means, just like you have since you got it. You’re the Grim Pony. Your talent—your one and only talent, need I remind you—is killing things. And now Luna is asking you to use that talent to help all of Equestria. He sneered, an expression made all the uglier by the fact that it was my own face. And if that doesn’t convince you, maybe this will. Luna is asking you to do what you do best… for her.

Luna was still facing me, her horn pressed against mine. She saw the turmoil roiling in my mind, and as the minutes dragged past, her eyes grew more sad, then worried, then almost fearful. Finally, though, I found my voice. “I’ll do it.” I whispered. “I’ll… I’ll kill the Griffon.” She threw her forelegs around me in a grateful embrace and I responded in kind, and we cried together, alone in her throne room.

Chapter 7:
    Spoiler
    Show

The next week was a blur of activity. Preparations were made, plans constructed and dismissed and rebuilt from scratch, everything rehearsed in perfect detail until every last bit of it was ingrained in my mind. Luna was with me through all of it, her sweet voice reciting the instructions, her hoof indicating points of importance in the structural blueprints of important buildings, her starry blue aura wrapped around quills as she drew out diagrams and charts. For what must have been the millionth time, I marveled at just how intelligent she was. Everything was done from memory, with no hesitation or pause, each detail perfect in presentation as she went point by point through her mission parameters. She was still obviously troubled by the fact that it had come to something this extreme, and more than a little bit worried.

A small, hopeful part of me (to my mind’s eye, it almost looked like Fluttershy of all ponies, which shows you how disturbed I really am) wanted to believe that the worry was for my well-being. But, as my little bastard was positively gleeful to point out, it was just as likely that the worry was over what would happen if my mission failed.

The morning of the day I was to set out for the Eyrie, Luna herself came to my bedchamber. A small cardboard package levitated in the air behind her as she cast a critical eye around the small room. It was spartanly furnished, with more or less only a bed and a sink, but every horizontal surface was stacked precariously with books of magic. Even the ceiling had some tenants thanks to a reverse gravity spell, and I saw genuine amusement peek its way through the stress in her eyes as she spied them.

I stood to attention before my Princess, a slight flush creeping onto my cheeks as I realized just how cluttered and messy my quarters must look to someone as naturally organized and neat as Luna. Truth be told, the flush was also due in part to that little trail of thought which lead “Luna… in my bedroom… my bed… with me…” but that traitorous line was stomped on, hard.

“G-g-good morning, Princess!” I managed to stutter. My dark little friend facehoofed.

“Shadow, on today of all days, you should be able to call me by name,” she teased. To anypony else, her tone would have been light and carefree, but after all the time we had spent together, I knew her better, and I could see the lines of tension in her face, her legs, her flanks… FOCUS.

“I’m sorry P—Luna. I’m sorry Luna.” I hung my head, wishing to just sink through the floor and disappear.

She stepped forward and nuzzled my shoulder. “It’s alright, Shadow. It’s good to see that you’re still the same pony you’ve always been, even with everything that’s about to happen.” She smiled, lifting a small piece of the gloom which had settled on my heart since that day in her throne room. A sudden, mischievous light appeared in her eyes, and before I could react, she bopped me square on the nose with the package. For some reason, since I was a little colt, something bopping my nose has always made me sneeze violently, and this time was no different. As I fired off a series of sneezes which would have done credit to Pinkie Pie, Luna laughed. Not the forced laugh which I had heard far too many times in the past week, but a true, genuine laugh. It was like being alone in the dark and suddenly seeing the moon emerge from behind a cloud, and as much as I wanted to, I just couldn’t be mad at her despite my acute nasal misery.

As the sneezing and Luna’s chuckles subsided, I shook my head and looked her straight in the eyes. “So did you bring that box just to make me miserable, or is there another reason?”

As I asked, the happiness in her eyes faded, to be replaced once more with the tired, tense look which had haunted her fine features for the past week. She held up the box so that we could both see inside, and removed the lid. Laying inside on a cushion of black velvet was a necklace made of blue steel. The chain was broad enough to be masculine but still delicate. The pendant was made in the shape of—what else?—a crescent moon. As I looked, it seemed more and more familiar, until something clicked. “Luna! Is this…?”

She nodded tersely, levitating the necklace up out of the box. “Reforged from the shards of my… of Nightmare Moon’s armor. All my… her protective spells are still on it.” Something halfway between a laugh and a sob escaped the purple mare’s throat as she stared at the necklace. “So unless they use the Elements of Harmony against you, you should be alright.”

“I can’t possibly…”

Her eyes narrowed, an expression of malice shockingly alien on that refined face. The voice which spoke was not the voice of Luna, my mentor and (friend? The little Fluttershy voice asked quietly) companion. It was deeper, more authoritative, with a resonance which shook the stone of my tiny room. The voice of royalty… or divinity. “You will, Shadow.

There was no arguing with that voice. I bowed by head, wrapping the necklace in my own telekinetic aura. As quickly as the change had come over her, it was gone, and she was back to the Luna I knew. And then she did something which I had never thought to see. She lowered her head, a forehoof kicking absently at the stone floor of my room, and blushed. Like everything she did, it was both elegant and beautiful, and I was suddenly very aware of how fast my heart was beating. “I’m sorry…” she began, in a small voice, “it’s just… It’s really important to Equestria…” My heart sank to the sound of my little bastard cackling. “… And to me…” Well, that shut the little bugger up. “That you come home safely. And if that means using part of… of her, well, then that’s what we’ll do.” She looked up, still blushing beautifully, and I was alarmed to see tears welling up in her eyes for the second time. “Besides, I… I mean, Nightmare Moon… caused a lot of problems for a lot of people. It’s good that now what’s left of her can do somepony some good.” She looked up at me, her eyes shining with an innocent hope that belied her thousand years. “… Right, Shadow?”

I stepped forward and put my forelegs around her. “Yes, Luna. That’s right.”

I'm gonna say that this story takes place long enough after S2E4 that Luna has learned to relax around other ponies. And reassimilated modern speech patterns. Not that anypony probably cares anyway. Eh...

30. - Top - End - #900

... How do I stream this Celestia Radio?
    http://ponify.me/wp-content/uploads/ponify.pls or http://molestia.ponify.me:8062

Change Body looks right to me as well.

Ah. OK, adding Body should give her her healing spell (Create/Body), and if she ever gets better at magic she can add Change and do cloud walk herself. Eventually she'd need Illusion for her music spell, then she catches up with the story version.

FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that's really interesting, and um... Autumn looks surprised as the waiter comes back. Oh my! I just remembered that I've still got my dinner waiting! You've definitely gotta tell me more soon. She quickly flies back to her original table.

Oh, um... I guess I'll have the same as Topaz. So yeah, it's okay. I'm just a bit worried about what Wings will do tonight. You see, the last time we left Wings in charge all by himself, he decided that we needed a blizzard... in the middle of August. Now that was fun to clean up.
    What? All right, I don't know much about weather magic, but that sounds like an awful lot of work. Did you ever get a coherent explanation of just why he thought that would be a good idea?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination