New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXXVIII: Nopony Expects Sponish Pinquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Howdy everypony! Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive, don't worry. Work's been hectic and IRC has taken up a lot of my time (you ponies over there are crazy). I'm gonna try to be more active over here again though!

Also, for those of you who are new, Hi! I'm Jade!
    Hey dude! That IRC still chugging away? I haven't visited it in quite a while now, I think I'll stop by tomorrow after the episode shows.

Edit: oh right, the episodes are later now. I wonder if I'm going to have time to watch it Saturday

Also @Deadly: Grats on getting frontpaged on Equestria Daily.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2012-03-02 at 09:51 AM.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The worst part of being on the front page of dA, you ask? All the freakin' haters and spammers and trolls come out.

Apparently march 1 is also Self-Harm Awareness day and half my comments are filled with some hater thinking Derpy Day is offensive because in his mind it can't share that date with a serious awareness day. As if the message of friendship and love wasn't important too. Bah, humbug. I liked one of the responses he got, "Then go do something more productive and create something dedicated to this day." Right on.

Anyway, yay! 2000 faves in 15 hours, and used as the header image for the mini art event on EqD. I guess people really like happy Derpy
    I think these kind of comments are quite complimentary. They get people interested in coming back to your art over and over (for the discussion if nothing else), raise awareness of the actual issue, and get your work further publicity. I'm never quite sure why people like to complain so much, but I mostly buy the Penny Arcade version of the theory.

Howdy everypony! Just popping my head in to say I'm still alive, don't worry. Work's been hectic and IRC has taken up a lot of my time (you ponies over there are crazy). I'm gonna try to be more active over here again though!

Hey Jade, nice seeing you on here. I should try to get on the IRC at some point, although I already squander make excellent use of enough of my time on ponies.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

Want to buy MLP on itunes... But it's about 50 bucks for season 1... Only got 100 or so bucks in my checking account... just got my paycheck yesterday... spending all of it for the two seasons would be very irresponsible...

*remembers tax refund check*

... Huh. Right.

I'm sure I'll hate the IRS one day, but right now all I can think is 'Hooray! ponies!'.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Hey dude! That IRC still chugging away? I haven't visited it in quite a while now, I think I'll stop by tomorrow after the episode shows.

Edit: oh right, the episodes are later now. I wonder if I'm going to have time to watch it Saturday

Also @Deadly: Grats on getting frontpaged on Equestria Daily.
    Yeah, it is! We've got somewhere around 30 regular users, and a massive dedicated RP continuity which has probably 150% divulged from the one over here, come to think of it. Crap. Somepony's gonna have to paste the logs over eventually. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Hey Jade, nice seeing you on here. I should try to get on the IRC at some point, although I already squander make excellent use of enough of my time on ponies.
    You can never have enough pony. Also, welcome to my meetup group, I can't remember if I ever sent you a message over there. :D

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Want to buy MLP on itunes... But it's about 50 bucks for season 1... Only got 100 or so bucks in my checking account... just got my paycheck yesterday... spending all of it for the two seasons would be very irresponsible...

*remembers tax refund check*

... Huh. Right.

I'm sure I'll hate the IRS one day, but right now all I can think is 'Hooray! ponies!'.
    You'll love the IRS till you get audited and lose money. My roomate however has been audited and given extra money. He loves them an extra special lot.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2012-03-02 at 10:30 AM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

why do people get so excited over tax refunds?
    the government is not giving you money....they are returning the EXCESS money they took FROM you in the first place...the interest free loan you gave to them
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    the government is not giving you money....they are returning the EXCESS money they took FROM you in the first place...the interest free loan you gave to them
    Sadly, this fellow speaks truth. The structuring of the tax system leads to consistent overpaying, which is actually a veiled way to get extra money from people. It's not a ton, since you get the refund a few months after you pay your taxes, but if you imagine investing $100 at 5% interest annually, paying your taxes and getting them refunded a few months later is costing you maybe ~$2 for every $100 you overpaid.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    1) Because getting something - even something you deserved anyway - feels good, and this comes somewhat annually to pretty much everybody.
    2) Because I would've spent it if they hadn't and been in the exact same position i am now, but without a check for $382 in my drawer.
    3) Treasury checks are so hideous that it comes right back around and becomes awesome, especially with the way they feel in your hand ^_^
    4) Most people don't think about taxes in terms of 'I'm being stolen from'.
    5) Political reasons I can't get into here.

Sadly, this fellow speaks truth. The structuring of the tax system leads to consistent overpaying, which is actually a veiled way to get extra money from people. It's not a ton, since you get the refund a few months after you pay your taxes, but if you imagine investing $100 at 5% interest annually, paying your taxes and getting them refunded a few months later is costing you maybe ~$2 for every $100 you overpaid.
    It only works like that if you think of your taxes as a loan =/ I'm not losing those extra two dollars out of the 100 i overpaid
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-02 at 10:46 AM.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to. Good to see you around this side of the IRC. I don't have the time to go there on a regular basis, but I've enjoyed the times I am able to pop in for a bit. Also, can't let SiuiS have a monopoly on the green text, now can we?

Wow In less than five hours, my latest piece of art has rocketed right past my previously all-time most favorited piece. It is also the first piece I can definitively confirm has been on the front page of dA, because it's there right now as the 23rd most popular within the last 24 hours and number 11 within the last 8 hours. That's pretty awesome.

It's looking quite likely that I might finally breach the 1000 faves mark with this one. I'm hoping...
    Congrats Deadly! Happy Derpy is indeed one of the best Derpys. Happy Mom Derpy is a force of joy and d'awww that cannot be contained.

So, my spring break starts tomorrow, and my family's decided to use that time as our yearly family vacation. I'll be down in Florida for a week with little internet access, so I doubt you'll see much of me for that week. To be honest, I think I could use the break from the internet, but that's a whole other story. I hope ya'll have a good time watching two whole episodes while I'm gone. And if I don't get another chance to say it;

See you next week, ponythread! Stay ponysane!
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-02 at 11:07 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

1) Because getting something - even something you deserved anyway - feels good, and this comes somewhat annually to pretty much everybody.
    2) Because I would've spent it if they hadn't and been in the exact same position i am now, but without a check for $382 in my drawer.
    3) Treasury checks are so hideous that it comes right back around and becomes awesome, especially with the way they feel in your hand ^_^
    4) Most people don't think about taxes in terms of 'I'm being stolen from'.
    5) Political reasons I can't get into here.

It only works like that if you think of your taxes as a loan =/ I'm not losing those extra two dollars out of the 100 i overpaid
    This sort of breaks my brain.

But uh, I'm glad you feel good about it. The mind control is working, apparently.

I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to. Good to see you around this side of the IRC. I don't have the time to go there on a regular basis, but I've enjoyed the times I am able to pop in for a bit.

Congrats Deadly! Happy Derpy is indeed one of the best Derpys. Happy Mom Derpy is a force of joy and d'awww that cannot be contained.

So, my spring break starts tomorrow, and my family's decided to use that time as our yearly family vacation. I'll be down in Florida for a week with little internet access, so I doubt you'll see much of me for that week. To be honest, I think I could use the break from the internet, but that's a whole other story. I hope ya'll have a good time watching two whole episodes while I'm gone. And if I don't get another chance to say it;

Have a great spring break. Enjoy getting out of the state right as the long-delayed snow finally hits.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it is! We've got somewhere around 30 regular users, and a massive dedicated RP continuity which has probably 150% divulged from the one over here, come to think of it. Crap. Somepony's gonna have to paste the logs over eventually. XD

You can never have enough pony. Also, welcome to my meetup group, I can't remember if I ever sent you a message over there. :D

You'll love the IRS till you get audited and lose money. My roomate however has been audited and given extra money. He loves them an extra special lot.
    Yes, more people should come to the IRC. It's where I'm almost a respected member of the community and stuff! Conversely, that's the reason I haven't posted here very much, besides the fact that I don't really have much to say.

New Episode stuff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gooooooooooats! There was a gooooooooooat!

11. - Top - End - #1181

The worst part of being on the front page of dA, you ask? All the freakin' haters and spammers and trolls come out.

Apparently march 1 is also Self-Harm Awareness day and half my comments are filled with some hater thinking Derpy Day is offensive because in his mind it can't share that date with a serious awareness day. As if the message of friendship and love wasn't important too. Bah, humbug. I liked one of the responses he got, "Then go do something more productive and create something dedicated to this day." Right on.

Anyway, yay! 2000 faves in 15 hours, and used as the header image for the mini art event on EqD. I guess people really like happy Derpy
    Well, In Iceland March 1st is also Beer Day. There's only 365 days every year, there's going to be overlap in what you commemorate if every cause gets a day.

Welcome back Jade!

And tax refunds do feel pretty awesome, even if they're just generously handing you money that should have been yours in the first place. I always deposit mine as quickly as possible and try not to treat it as a windfall to blow on some major luxury purchase
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

This sort of breaks my brain.

But uh, I'm glad you feel good about it. The mind control is working, apparently.
    Meh, i hate psychology but it works.

well, ok, #2 is the only one that really makes sense to me - i tend to put anything over $100 in my savings account, which means i'd just have like 300 bucks or so in my savings. And I'm not in the habit of withdrawing from savings when I can avoid it. So if they HADN'T sent me a check, then I wouldn't be downloading MLP s1 HD right now.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-02 at 11:58 AM.

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Oh good, a kindred spirit!
    On the freedom thing, or going to a gibbering wreck at the sight of fae?

For those that don't know, Jade is awesome and sweet and also cutehot.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Brain chemicals are weird like that. I suppose taxes are like getting those $3 'happy lawyer fun bucks' that result from class-actions. Sure the optimal route would be dropping it off at the bank, but you get so much more pleasure from keeping it because someone wronged you and had to admit it.

I mean when you get down to it, in the end even happy marshmallow technicolor ponies just stimulate certain happy chems.

Weird... I just called getting a tax return a legal high didn't I?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Brain chemicals are weird like that. I suppose taxes are like getting those $3 'happy lawyer fun bucks' that result from class-actions. Sure the optimal route would be dropping it off at the bank, but you get so much more pleasure from keeping it because someone wronged you and had to admit it.

I mean when you get down to it, in the end even happy marshmallow technicolor ponies just stimulate certain happy chems.

Are you implying that i bought MLP:FiMS1 because i was HIGH?!

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #1186

Are you implying that i bought MLP:FiMS1 because i was HIGH?!

Worse than that, I said you bought something that gets you high because you were high. Yay brain!
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Troll in the Playground

Careful though... Money is a pretty addictive substance
    Truth resists simplicity.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Worse than that, I said you bought something that gets you high because you were high. Yay brain!
    Thus conclusively proving that ponies are a highly addictive substance.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

19. - Top - End - #1189

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Thus conclusively proving that ponies are a highly addictive substance.
    Was there any doubt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Just fyi, if I ever showed this conversation to my Tax professor, he'd probably get up, do a little jig and then point at the whole class and shout "I told you so!"

Or rather, he'd do that right after he got over the "wtf, why does everyone look like a pony?" moment.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

21. - Top - End - #1191

It's a beautiful, diabolical little piece of social psychology. You're conditioned as a citizen to expect to have pay X in taxes. So when you pay that X in taxes, and you only theoretically had to pay Y in taxes in the first place, when you get .1(X-Y) back, you don't think of it as being reimbursed, you think of the government 'being nice' and helping you out with money.

I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to. Good to see you around this side of the IRC. I don't have the time to go there on a regular basis, but I've enjoyed the times I am able to pop in for a bit. Also, can't let SiuiS have a monopoly on the green text, now can we?

You need to come to the IRC more often! I am so happy to see that ponysane is still a thing here *Squee*

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Yes, more people should come to the IRC. It's where I'm almost a respected member of the community and stuff! Conversely, that's the reason I haven't posted here very much, besides the fact that I don't really have much to say.

New Episode stuff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gooooooooooats! There was a gooooooooooat!
    Dude, of course you're a respected member of the community. Here, and there! And if anypony's got something different to say...

They get to take it up with me! >C

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Welcome back Jade!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    For those that don't know, Jade is awesome and sweet and also cutehot.

AM NOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT.

Just fyi, if I ever showed this conversation to my Tax professor, he'd probably get up, do a little jig and then point at the whole class and shout "I told you so!"

Or rather, he'd do that right after he got over the "wtf, why does everyone look like a pony?" moment.
    That moment tends to last for a long time for most people.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2012-03-02 at 02:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

22. - Top - End - #1192

I would say that I had a good time on twitter yesterday, if I do say so myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

(apologies for the crap screencap job, I'm just on paint here at work)

McDonalds Update: still no toys yet! Any day now, I can feel it!

23. - Top - End - #1193

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

McDonalds Update: still no toys yet! Any day now, I can feel it!
    I laughed. Hard. Hard enough to spit coffee out of my nose. Good work sir.

EDIT: The McDonalds toys are slated to come out on March 9th.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2012-03-02 at 02:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1194

Do it?

Bonus points if you converted your professor to pony.

Spoiler
    Show

would have been 20% cooler if you sneaked in this ascii /)^3^(\ in the Disney land tweet.

(9_6)
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-03-02 at 02:47 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

AM NOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT.
    Cmon everypony
    Help me cuddle the cute one til she admits it
    (cuddlecuddle)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

You need to come to the IRC more often! I am so happy to see that ponysane is still a thing here *Squee*
    I would, but there's this pesky thing called "college" that tends to ruin my free time. And my pony time. And my D&D time. And my writing time.

Hmm, I'm noticing a trend here...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Cmon everypony
    Help me cuddle the cute one til she admits it
    (cuddlecuddle)
    I believe you ordered a cuddlepile?

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-03-02 at 02:58 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1197

I laughed. Hard. Hard enough to spit coffee out of my nose. Good work sir.

EDIT: The McDonalds toys are slated to come out on March 9th.
    Achievement unlocked! Thanks for the assist, good sir!

Also: these things you call facts will not stop me from checking daily until my dreams come true

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    would have been 20% cooler if you sneaked in this ascii /)^3^(\ in the Disney land tweet.

(9_6)
    I was honestly trying to find a way to work that one in there, but I made the mistake of using it a few days ago, and I find that I need to spread that one out as to not cheapen it. Oh well, those are the breaks!

(9_6)

Okay. Okay

Whoa.

Wait.

Whoa.

Where in Florida are you going, Amish? Because I am literally going to Florida specifically Orlando specifically Disney next week.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. Okay

Whoa.

Wait.

Whoa.

Where in Florida are you going, Amish? Because I am literally going to Florida specifically Orlando specifically Disney next week.
    Okay. Okay

Whoa.

Wait.

Whoa.

Spoiler
    Show

SO AM I.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Okay. Okay

Whoa.

Wait.

Whoa.

Spoiler
    Show

SO AM I.
    Okay. Okay

Whoa.

Wait.

Whoa.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Spoiler
    Show

SO AM I.
    ouch, that went right for the pancreas.

Also I am imagining some swashbuckling bewteen Capt and Pirate. Because.... you know... Captain and Pirate. my mind goes wierd places.
    Last edited by Kairaven; 2012-03-02 at 03:17 PM.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku