New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto Manga thread (Spoilers)

hey I just had a thought:

Danzo is an idiot.

He had an armful of Sharingan eyes and Izanagi which can make illusion into reality.

yet, if he only had three of those eyes, he could use the first and second eyes to make things true, then use the third to relight the first two eyes using Izanagi, then use one of the relit eyes to do something while the second relights the other two eyes, wash, rinse repeat, forever rotating your relit eyes and having eternal Izanagi, since Izanagi would be used to make the illusion that the Sharingan eyes are relit, a reality.

does anyone think this "eternal Izanagi" hypothesis holds water? or is there something I'm missing that negates this?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    does anyone think this "eternal Izanagi" hypothesis holds water? or is there something I'm missing that negates this?
    While there's no way Kishimoto would have let it happen, Danzo could have at least tried it with the first two eyes (using one to open the other). If it doesn't work, you're down two eyes. If it does, you are a god.
    Last edited by Grumman; 2010-12-28 at 12:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Get me my Brain Bleach and a Hard Cider, STAT!
    Brain Bleach? That sounds kind of painful.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple missed things come to mind. A) That Danzo couldn't use Izanagi to it's full potential or he didn't even know what it's full potential is. All he used it for was cheating death because that's all he could do/knew it could do.

In that same line of thought, Tobi only seems capable of using Izanagi in such a limited fashion as well since he comments that Izanagi was used by the Rikudo to create life, not that such an ability is what Izanagi is MEANT for. I'm inclined to believe that Tobi can't use Izanagi to it's fullest potential either...or rather he couldn't, pre-Rinneganin' himself. Who knows what he can do now.

Though there IS one hidden downside to Kabuto's zombie army. If he ever loses control of Nagato, then any of his zombies nearby are doomed. The giant demon statue that is used to seal the Bijuu was used by Nagato as a combat summon after all, and what did it do? Remove the soul of everything it touched while sucking the life from Nagato...which is conveniently not a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Madara did find Deidara's arm rather quickly, so I think this hints that Kakashi sent the arm to the same place. Not to mention Madara seems too arrogant to worry about an intrusion into his dimension. After all Kakashi isn't a Uchiha, he can't possibly learn how to enter his hideout.That's true, but I was thinking; since Kabuto seems to always be in contact with his zombies, if Kakashi banished one into Madara's eye dimension, Kabuto could have his zombie steal everything it can (especially any special eyeballs), then reverse summon it back. Not likely to happen, but it's a fun idea I think.
    Deidara lost both of his arms in that little arc. One was crushed/removed by Gaara in their battle and the other was severed by Kamui (I don't think it was actually banished in it's entirety come to think of it). In both cases, it's not an incredible feat for Tobi to have found those arms since they were laying around normally.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

hmmmm.....about Izanagi.

I'm thinking:

advanced Sharingan people can use Izanagi.

Madara is planning to cast a genjutsu on the world by reflecting his sharingan on the moon while being powered by the ten-tailed beast or whatever.

Izanagi makes illusion into reality.

The Rinnegan "perfects" Izanagi allowing Madara to use it without his eye going out or whatever.

so:
    ten-tailed beast + Sharingan + Izanagi + Rinnegan +moon =

I don't think Madara is just planning on casting a genjutsu on the world....that is just the first part.....I think, he is planning on casting the perfected Izanagi on the entire world, using the unlimited power of the ten-tailed beast to sustain it! He isn't planning a universal illusion, he is planning a universal reality revision or whatever!

He is literally planning to remake the world by glaring at it.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Brain Bleach? That sounds kind of painful.
    Forgetting the Filler is worth the pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Deidara lost both of his arms in that little arc. One was crushed/removed by Gaara in their battle and the other was severed by Kamui (I don't think it was actually banished in it's entirety come to think of it). In both cases, it's not an incredible feat for Tobi to have found those arms since they were laying around normally.
    Looking at chapter 276 (around page 10) and it looks like Kakashi removed Deidara's arm from the local space time.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Banned

hmmmm.....about Izanagi.

I'm thinking:

advanced Sharingan people can use Izanagi.

Madara is planning to cast a genjutsu on the world by reflecting his sharingan on the moon while being powered by the ten-tailed beast or whatever.

Izanagi makes illusion into reality.

The Rinnegan "perfects" Izanagi allowing Madara to use it without his eye going out or whatever.

so:
    ten-tailed beast + Sharingan + Izanagi + Rinnegan +moon =

I don't think Madara is just planning on casting a genjutsu on the world....that is just the first part.....I think, he is planning on casting the perfected Izanagi on the entire world, using the unlimited power of the ten-tailed beast to sustain it! He isn't planning a universal illusion, he is planning a universal reality revision or whatever!

I thought that too, but Izanagi was described as the most powerful genjutsu one could cast on themselves. I don't think it can actually be used like that at all (or as anything other than a 1-up at the cost of the casting sharingan).

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    I thought that too, but Izanagi was described as the most powerful genjutsu one could cast on themselves. I don't think it can actually be used like that at all (or as anything other than a 1-up at the cost of the casting sharingan).
    that was the incomplete version Danzo used.

remember? Madara gone and grabbed the Rinnegan which makes it more complete or whatever, which implies that Danzo's usage of it was incomplete or something.

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Titan in the Playground

Lol.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, new chapter's out. Lots of details though not a lot that'll be remembered imo. I do wonder though, if Zabuza's sword can regenerate via trace amount of iron/iron oxide, why didn't Suigetsu take the time to repair the thing? Buy some iron dust, and start sprinkling why not?

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentofOdd View Post
    Well, new chapter's out. Lots of details though not a lot that'll be remembered imo. I do wonder though, if Zabuza's sword can regenerate via trace amount of iron/iron oxide, why didn't Suigetsu take the time to repair the thing? Buy some iron dust, and start sprinkling why not?
    Cause the sword could very specifically require blood. Suigetsu DID say it drank the blood, the repair just seems like a helpful side-effect. Afterall, Samehada certainly seemed tempermental, Zabuza's sword could be picky about where it gets iron.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Oh, Haku. Never change.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

Good chapter. Learning a bit about Hawk's motivation is nice. Seeing the original seven swordsman is cool too. Not a whole lot to say though, the plot didn't advance much.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Oh, Haku. Never change.
    It's amazing how much an action can change given the context. The first time Haku did this it was rather sad...this time I feel a burning rage at Kabutomaru, not to mention the 'sacrifice' seems much more ominous.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Orc in the Playground

The different sword forms were really entertaining, the threading-needle one in particular. That's an effed-up way to kill. Only thing I didn't like was Zabuza's. Seems like too much of an ass-pull that his sword happens to regenerate itself from spilled blood.

Mostly it's because the severing sword's ability should have some actual relevance to its name, like the others. Why can't it automatically seek out necks and vital targets, or something else that you'd expect from a blade named "Great Beheader?" Is there any better name for a Vorpal sword?

On another note: the bolt sword actually resembles Raiga's blades a little bit, despite him being non-canon. I guess Kishi liked that filler.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Revanmal View Post
    The different sword forms were really entertaining, the threading-needle one in particular. That's an effed-up way to kill. Only thing I didn't like was Zabuza's. Seems like too much of an ass-pull that his sword happens to regenerate itself from spilled blood.

Mostly it's because the severing sword's ability should have some actual relevance to its name, like the others. Why can't it automatically seek out necks and vital targets, or something else that you'd expect from a blade named "Great Beheader?" Is there any better name for a Vorpal sword?
    Well, I think Kishi wrote himself into a corner on that one. Chances are he hadn't thought that far into the mythos when Zabuza showed up and so Zabuza's sword didn't have an ability until recently when Kishi realized he needed something to keep it in the same power grouping as the others.

Since we've seen it in use, it had to be something that logically wouldn't have come up before. The target seeking ability would have been used against Kakashi, so that wouldn't make sense. I agree that it's a lackluster ability, but there's not much Kishi could have done.

On another note: the bolt sword actually resembles Raiga's blades a little bit, despite him being non-canon. I guess Kishi liked that filler.
    http://img2.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/sp...0ffe0_full.jpg
    Good move on his part, keeping the sword canon but making Raiga irrelevant (even if he does exist, he's not the strongest wielder.)

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Revanmal View Post

It's called that because of the shape of the blade, which makes it easy to behead people. And besides, they never said it doesn't do that.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Think of it this way: any chinks or scratches to the blade are repaired. This means it's always sharp as new!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Banned

It's probably going to have some stupid power of regeneration or something, just because it's Kishimoto, nothing can be as it seems, everything has a unforeshadowed pen-ultimate and ultimate forms. Everything.
    Totally called it.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Totally called it.
    Ultimate forms are a staple of Shonen. *nods*
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Ultimate forms are a staple of Shonen. *nods*
    Except in Naruto they're mostly unneeded. The Sharingan is still hax if it it just has the abilities to give color to chakra and increase the framerate of the user's eyes (which are required if it can copy techniques). All the later forms of it and its derived techniques don't add anything to the setting, especially with Tsukiyomi being as powerful as it is. What's wrong with Zabuza's sword being a perfectly normal, if incredibly large, sword?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

What's wrong with Zabuza's sword being a perfectly normal, if incredibly large, sword?
    the arms race principle, you don't use a bow in an age of guns. the Naruto world is obviously very much past the normal use of swords and such, or at least its ninja are- the normal kunai they often use are disposable and are used more as one shot weapons than long term fighting kind of stuff, explosive tags anyone?

furthermore aside from the Seven Swordsmen, most ninja primarily use their Jutsu to fight not their weapons, the weapons most of the time just seem be things to channel chakra through. a kunai is many things more than a sharp blade.

a sword therefore that IS just there to hack and slash things like Zabuza's sword has to be a little magical to keep up with all the super-speedy rock lees, clan super-genius's and crazy unpredictable outcasts all going around 'sploding stuff, unleashing lightning and fire at each other and making clones and generally pulling off crazy stuff. otherwise the normal sword would be broken in half already and whoever who had spent such a long time forging such a big blade would have their work all be for nothing.

so I argue that in such a setting with so much magic, that equal magic is needed to fight it. arms race principle.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

the arms race principle, you don't use a bow in an age of guns. the Naruto world is obviously very much past the normal use of swords and such, or at least its ninja are- the normal kunai they often use are disposable and are used more as one shot weapons than long term fighting kind of stuff, explosive tags anyone?

furthermore aside from the Seven Swordsmen, most ninja primarily use their Jutsu to fight not their weapons, the weapons most of the time just seem be things to channel chakra through. a kunai is many things more than a sharp blade.

a sword therefore that IS just there to hack and slash things like Zabuza's sword has to be a little magical to keep up with all the super-speedy rock lees, clan super-genius's and crazy unpredictable outcasts all going around 'sploding stuff, unleashing lightning and fire at each other and making clones and generally pulling off crazy stuff. otherwise the normal sword would be broken in half already and whoever who had spent such a long time forging such a big blade would have their work all be for nothing.

so I argue that in such a setting with so much magic, that equal magic is needed to fight it. arms race principle.
    I don't know, it seems to me that someone with good wind or lightning manipulation, great speed, and a sturdy blade would be a force to be reckoned with. With enough speed and a sharp enough blade you'd be almost unstoppable.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

Maybe Zabuza sword seeks the more juicy parts to leech blood? Such as heart, kidney, femoral/carotid, lungs, etc?

In essence, it is easier for Zabuza to use a two meter long sword for assassination instead of a smaller blade since the Zambato direct the movement to the target for him?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Bugbear in the Playground

Y'know, I'd be far more impressed by the Seven Swordsmen if they were at least injuring actual characters instead of just mowing down faceless mooks.

Think of what Baraggan did in Bleach. That inspires awe.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

No one mentioned how much iron is there in the blood?

In correlation how quickly that thing regenerates?

Forum, I'm disappoint :P
    Above Us Only Sky

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post

No one mentioned how much iron is there in the blood?

In correlation how quickly that thing regenerates?

Forum, I'm disappoint :P
    It absorbs chakra to make up the difference? It's shonen? Eh, guess it doesn't bother me.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

fffft 'Bluntsword' IT'S A FRIGGING HAMMER. And the 'blast' sword is just a huge paper-towel roll of explosive tags. I am disappoint, Kishimoto- I was hoping the Swordsmen would at least use, you know, swords.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    fffft 'Bluntsword' IT'S A FRIGGING HAMMER. And the 'blast' sword is just a huge paper-towel roll of explosive tags. I am disappoint, Kishimoto- I was hoping the Swordsmen would at least use, you know, swords.
    Yeah, that too. Toilet paper and horseman's pick? Sewing needle?

At least he gets props for making his sword merely katana-shaped instead of just katanas. Still, best swords in the world were made outside of Japan, and I expected at least one of them to have one.

If someone wants to see manga with real badasses fighting with real swords, I can't recommend Vinland Saga enough. Heavy emphasis on realism, yet, there are five sword fights that are more badass than whole of Naruto and Bleach combined :P
    Above Us Only Sky