New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Godhood IC

1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Godhood IC

I simply refuse to trust in an unknown. He who has nothing and has shown no actions to judge him by desires to rule over us all? I for one call it into suspect. Combining our power into a mediator seems a reasonable idea however. Something untaintable that can not be swayed unjustly to any cause.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    A Meeting Above The Universe

"Now, I do not mean to offend, but anyone can claim themselves to be the master of law... mmm, whoever you are. But to be impartial in all matters? Certainly, I do not see anyone here capable of doing such a thing. Unless, as Silenus suggests, we create something capable of such impartiality. Therefore, I humbly offer to design such a judge, out of the tenderness of my heart." How strange that she leaves out an agreement to not interfering with the works of others. In her heart, she takes that suggestion and burns it to use as fuel.

A Meeting on Maxim

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation smiles. She likes this god. "If you can offer this, then allow me to offer some small part of my knowledge to improve your feline organics. Though not as refined as my own creations, they still have some aesthetic value.

But perhaps you have also come to request that our creations live in peace, hmmm? I would, if I were you, but because I am not you I know better than you do; me as you would not know that I have my own sociological reasons for the slavery and war my children now undertake against your children. Come, let me show you to Cold House, my fortress here, and we shall discuss further over pleasant refreshments."
    A Meeting on Maxim

Yes, I would also like to negotiate the peace between our people, as that would be an extension of our own alliance. And this Cold House as you call it sounds very pleasant, and it would be interesting seeing it and your people as we go there.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar
    "This sun is a mighty forge. It's strength of gravity, heat, and light is the perfect temporal balance to forge a divine entity. If we each contribute part of our selves to the melting pot, a divine entity shall emerge from the immense pressure."

"Into the Forge, I apply my Sense of Justice"
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:47 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Banned

Hodari nodded as he breathed out slowly into the air. I contribute my Love of Freedom.

5. - Top - End - #65

RedWizardGuy

Pyric nods and holds out his hand, releasing a few burning acrachids into the forge.

I offer the compassion of the hearth, heart of the family.
    Last edited by WildPyre; 2010-06-08 at 05:47 PM.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

Azranthar

Azranthar looks extremely unpleased.

"I think it an unwise choice. I do not wish to contribute any of my Divine essence. We have no idea what might happen if we combine it - it might backfire, it might chance us, it might give the strongest of us control over the entity. No, there is too much as risk for such a chance.
    I suggest we do not -vote- on anything. We agree to rules, and bind our agreement with.. Magic, to make sure we all uphold it."
    English is a second language etc etc.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowleaf View Post
    Azranthar

"I think it an unwise choice. I do not wish to contribute any of my Divine essence. We have no idea what might happen if we combine it - it might backfire, it might chance us, it might give the strongest of us control over the entity. No, there is too much as risk for such a chance.
    I suggest we do not -vote- on anything. We agree to rules, and bind our agreement with.. Magic, to make sure we all uphold it."
    Hrothlar
    "If you do not wish to contribute to the creation of a universal arbiter of justice, my friend, you do not have to. We ask that you abide by the rulings of divine justice so long as you see them as fair and reasonable. We ask nothing more."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 05:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Banned

Azranthar

Azranthar looks extremely unpleased.

Hodari looked to the god. Come now Azranthar, it will be impossible for us to agree on everything. We are not contributing our own essence, we are doing what we did in creating life, except collaboratively and on a greater scale. I gave my Hodrans power over the elements but i have not lost my own.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by Mashimoto View Post
    Hrothlar
    "If you do not wish to contribute to the creation of a universal arbiter of justice, my friend, you do not have to. We ask that you abide by the rulings of divine justice so long as you see them as fair and reasonable. We ask nothing more."
    Azranthar
    "You are saying, that I can choose whether or not to agree to the rules? If you agree to them and I do not, I can freely break them?"
    Azranthar lets out a loud laugh, which is followed by several deep coughs.
    "I hope you see how that is beyond dumb. We need to agree on rules, not have someone dictate us."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Banned

Azranthar
    "You are saying, that I can choose whether or not to agree to the rules? If you agree to them and I do not, I can freely break them?"
    "I hope you see how that is beyond dumb. We need to agree on rules, not have someone dictate us."
    Did you even listen to him?

11. - Top - End - #71

RedWizardGuy

Not somebody to dictate us... meerly an arbitrator of the rules. We shall agree upon the rules ourselves.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

Azranthar
    "You misunderstand, Friend. You do not have to contribute your essence to the entity which shall create the rules. However, if you break those rules--you can expect no sympathy from those of us who have chosen to follow them. Should any one of us violate the inevitable rules of the arbiter strongly enough, the repercussions would be dire. That is all I will say."

EDIT:ooc: misreads are no biggie, shadowleaf, it's cool. It helped advance the story a little, even.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 06:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Azranthar
    (OOC: *Cough misread *cough*)
    "Very well. I, myself, will abide to the rules. I do not wish to contribute to the being's creation, however, as I feel I have nothing to add.
    As long as punishment is only carried out onto those of us who break the rules we ourselves agreed upon."
    Last edited by Shadowleaf; 2010-06-08 at 06:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

The Elegant Nova Of Innovation sighs, then draws a small crystal gear from her lab jacket, tossing it into the Forge. "I offer the Gear, symbol of unity, core of the Judge!"

And as it burns in the center of the sun, the gear shifts and molds, changing form as each god grants it a gift. And she turns to Azranthar. "What is done is done, gas-cloud. If you wish to have no say in its creation, feel free to exclude yourself."

A Meeting in Maxim, At the Cold House

Some time later, The Elegant Nova Of Innovation brought the god Moarzed to Cold House, offering delicious foods and drinks that were certainly not poisoned, ha, perish the thought.

"Now, as I said before, I seek to strengthen both our races by my children's current path. Consider slavery - the weak and the stupid become servants, as is right, and the strong and the cunning rule, as is right. Now, I am afraid that due to my genius, the Raposa are more cunning than your felines, but over time this will change. Already, the tribes of your felines here in the mountains adapt and strengthen themselves in response. In fact, I do not mind if they take their own slaves from the Raposa, for it will strengthen my children to have the weak and the foolish weeded from their ranks.

Together, we can manipulate both races into becoming mighty and strong. Giving them both an enemy is only wise if we wish to hone them, and then once they are ready we can give them a common enemy! But consider what else they will gain from war - the spoils of war will allow your children to learn some of my children's more advanced technology, while slave labor allows both of our races to increase the size of their infastructure.

What do you say, creator of the felines?"
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2010-06-09 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Raposa was always spelled with an "A", citizen.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Halfling in the Playground

Neln shot out of the gap, grinning as he looked unto this universe. "Yes, it will serve my purposes", he thought. He saw a group of gods gathered in space, just sort of standing there. "That's unneeded! And plus I need to make friends in this universe, lest I get attacked." He warped over to them, only to find them arguing about who is their leader. He spoke, attempting to project his voice over the other gods:

"Greetings! I would like to join in this meeting, as I assume thats what it is. Firstly, we are gods! Gods do not stand around in space! Gods have great halls to feast in!"
    And with that, he took a ample amount of ether, and formed it into a very small moon like planet, placed directly above the sun, in a place of neutrality.

Second, He formed a large [greek like architecture] fortress, covering most of it. For now it was empty, a maze of rooms and empty hallways. Only one room is furnished, and that is the great hall. The great hall is a huge room, sided with support columns, and with a huge table in the middle sided with thrones. Each throne has the innate power to be morphed without acts, thus allowing beings that are not humanoid to sit comfortably.
    He worked hard to hold back adding dark and rotting things in paintings, since this was supposed to be a place of neutrality. He then said
    "This might be a better place for our meetings, as it is not so... impromptu and empty. If you do not trust me, I can of course change it to fit my needs as a fortress, and we can continue sitting in a circle in the void. Also, I do not care for who the master of the meeting is, so I will not vote, as to be fair. I am just trying make everything happy, since I'm the god of.. fun and happiness?
    Last edited by Ultimarr; 2010-06-08 at 06:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

The Divine Council of Twelve

Azrathar, of Death and Disease
    Lohkir, of Water and Disaster
    Moarzed, of Chaos and Cats
    Torr, of the Sun, Moon, and Magic
    Bertholeum, of Change and Joy
    Hrothlar, of Intelligence and Justice
    Pyric, of Fire and Knowledge
    Silunus, of Life and Magic
    Hodari, of Peace and Shadow
    Reloark, of Domination and Law
    Seln, of Fun and Happiness (?) Decay and Undeath
    Nova of Science and Technology

contributed to the arbiter
    refused to contribute to the arbiter
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 06:33 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

Pyric nods in thanks to Neln. He takes a seat at the table, his presense morphing it as he sits. It changes to a great golden throne, matching the spider legs extending from his back. A swarm of spiders streaming from under his robes and weaving a tapestry behind him, depicting a symbol of spider and flame in red and gold.

Thank you Neln, this will do nicely from a meeting ground. I claim this seat as my own.
    My Pokemon
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

A simple matter of transfusion and an application of willpower, and the seat of The Elegant Nova Of Innovation In Steam Enshrouded And In Brass Enthroned becomes a throne of brass, covered in gauges and levers. Her full title is carved on the back. All of it.

"Neln, you said your name was? How... nice. Allow me to take my own seat."
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

Hrothlar sits and his throne becomes a simple wooden chair. His golden goblet becomes a wooden cup of water, and his golden plate becomes a wooden bowl of rice.

"Thank you, Neln. Your skill in architecture is matched only by your abilities to conjure. I commend you."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: By the way, Neln, Im guessing creating the moon+fortress counted as your abilities for the turn. you should put them in bold in your post. Cool idea for the HQ, by the way!
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 06:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Hodari looked upon the seats, and held up a finger. One of the chairs melted down into a black padding, and Hodari sat down on it as four poles sprang up, with a cover above to cast shadows on him. Three coverings fell down, depicting two glowing red eyes. Hodari smiled as he shifted back into his panther form.

"This will do for now." He said calmly.

And so as the other gods took their own thrones, Hodari took his. The throne's names as given by the Hodran people are listed below:

-Excerpt from the book of the Panther, chapter 3
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-06-08 at 06:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Halfling in the Playground

I would add something to this arbiter, but I admit, I am not the god of Happiness. I am Seln, the god of Decay and Undeath. My powers are not helpful for such a creation as they are, and I am tired from creating this palace anyways. I will respect this being though, and follow what the council decides. For a time, he thought to himself...

He sat down in his throne, and it turned black, with what looks like a half melted skull symbol on the top.
    Last edited by Ultimarr; 2010-06-08 at 06:30 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

Silunus
    Well done and good idea, Neln. This meeting place will be a symbol of the Council.

Silunus takes a seat and it morphs into a silver throne, with ergonomic handrests full of buttons. The sloping back holds a pattern that shifts and shimmers in the light. The top is crested with a crescent moon.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar

"Silunus, will you contribute to the solar-forge and our efforts to create a just arbiter of law?"
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 06:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Banned

Silunus
    Twas my idea was it not? Of course I'll contribute, but my gift requires that it goes last... For reasons that will soon be revealed to you.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jokasti View Post
    Silunus
    Twas my idea was it not? Of course I'll contribute, but my gift requires that it goes last... For reasons that will soon be revealed to you.
    "Surely it is nothing which would undermine the project? I shall trust you at your word that your intentions are good, and count you as a contributor."

State of the Council
    Contributions to the Solar Forge
    Spoiler
    Show

State of the Universe so Far
    At least as I see it. A little illustration I whipped up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 08:18 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

"I am Lohkir, Emperor of Water and the idea of an Arbiter bothers me. Even if we all agree of these laws what is it to say that the Arbiter won't pervert them, use them against us and challenge us. Those with power 'Use It', what you all have done with your existence already proves that fact. I will only agree to this if the Arbiter is only half-devine. As in a just mortal must contribute to the pot."

Lohkir made his opinion clear as that was all anyone needed to hear. Creating a new divine power for such a task would only end in the tyrant rule of the Arbiter. And a mortal while controllable from such treachery, die quickly and need to be replaced. A being halfway between mortal and god solves that problem. Immortality and all the minor things that make him more then a man, but still lacking the power to make him a god.
    Last edited by Ra_Va; 2010-06-08 at 08:30 PM.
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

Hrothlar
    "Our divinity is cast in already. Though what comes out will not be even as powerful as any of us individually, it will undoubtedly have the strength of a lesser God. Your choice is now to throw in your lot with the arbiter and lend it one of your more noble traits, or to not. The choice is yours."
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 08:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

((occ: sorry to add a part last minute on you))

"Oh but Hrothlar, a lesser-god given a position of any important will wish to advance. I have seen divine empires GOOGLEPLEXES TIMES more impressive then our little hippy-gathering here, fall simply because one lesser god got a hot head after more people started to worship him. Knowing that can happen I refuse to contribute and let that be a possibility."
    High Priest of the Fellowship of Xykon's Blade.
    Member of below-average standing in the Class-Maker Guild.
    Thanks to linklele for my Avatar.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh but Hrothlar, a lesser-god given a position of any important will wish to advance. I have seen divine empires GOOGLEPLEXES TIMES more impressive then our little hippy-gathering here, fall simply because one lesser god got a hot head after more people started to worship him. Knowing that can happen I refuse to contribute and let that be a possibility."
    Hrothlar
    "I respect your trepidation, and your experience. I do think, however, that your mistrust in this case is unfounded. We are creating an entity entirely from goodness and selflessness. It's as if you are afraid of creating a steak while mixing a salad of fresh greens. I do, however, respect your decision as final."

State of the Council
    Contributions to the Solar Forge
    Spoiler
    Show

ooc:it's cool, man. We went really fast through a lot of stuff today, haha.
    Last edited by Mashimoto; 2010-06-08 at 08:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90

Azranthar
    "The arbiter can work one way only - with boundries. If we set a clear set of rules, it cannot pervert them. I propose the following rules:
    - Us gathered here today cannot, in any way, hurt or kill Gods. I don't know if it is even possible, but it should not be allowed.
    - Us gathered here today cannot interfere directly with other Gods' work. I cannot kill any of your creations, you cannot kill mine. Simple. Avatars and so forth should only be used when highly needed.
    - Our creations cannot besiege the creations of other Gods. Even if you find a way to transport your children, they should not have harmful intend.
    - The Gods will be a panthenon. Of course we ourselves will be the most revered among our own people, but our children should hear of us all.

That is just my opinion, at least."