New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIGIL 4: Swordfights!!! on Air

[Arriving]

Look in the sky! It's VIGIL's least favorite flying pink feline. Also their most favorite. It helps that as far as Rein knows he's the only flying pink cat. Opinions vary? No need to worry about that right now. For now the cat simply seeks out a suitable roof to land upon and pokes around, looking for a member or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Arriving]

Look in the sky! It's VIGIL's least favorite flying pink feline. Also their most favorite. It helps that as far as Rein knows he's the only flying pink cat. Opinions vary? No need to worry about that right now. For now the cat simply seeks out a suitable roof to land upon and pokes around, looking for a member or two.
    Felandria is helping change some of the lightbulbs outside when Reinholdt flies in.

She waves cheerily.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Barracks]

"It isn't just monsters and stuff, trust me. Ever been to Inside? In some areas, people are poor and starving, living on drugs. That's partly why I joined up actually, while it's okay to sleep in animal form, actual beds are nice and there is no way I'm paying money to stay there." And VIGIL provided beds and paid money, right?
    Gary says "I haven't been there, but I can guess just by what you're telling me it's pretty bad. I hope you can get help. By the way, do elvish women not have husbands to take care of them? Or did yours die or lose his job. If so, I understand if you don't want to talk about it."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

Reinholdt goes back to being a grayish-blue as he settles and waves at Felandria. "Hello Felandria. How are you today?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Orc in the Playground

[Arriving]

Reinholdt goes back to being a grayish-blue as he settles and waves at Felandria. "Hello Felandria. How are you today?"
    I'm...better.

I decided to stop moping and start being awesome again.

That's why I'm here today, I was gonna talk to the leaders about stuff.

What about you, what brings you here?

6. - Top - End - #786
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Training Grounds]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Sophia nods.
    "I know how that feels."
    Noting that Mia appears to be leaving, she resumes her magical stealth. No one there, probably it's just the wind disturbing that punching bag, right? Right.
    Mia will be gone then. It will need more then a few words to ease her worries. Her religion is very neutral, but that doesn't mean that something that is an enemy can become a friend in a second. Thought Deus mechanicus iss rather easy to please. And he even hears out enemies that have slayn hundrets of his people.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #787

[Barracks]

Anika chuckles at that reply. "Sorry, I just- hahhah. Erm, I mean, I'm still young by our standards but I don't think I'll ever get a lifepartner. I move around so much, that even if I wanted too, I don't think anyone would want to endure my adventuring ways for very long."

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

Anika chuckles at that reply. "Sorry, I just- hahhah. Erm, I mean, I'm still young by our standards but I don't think I'll ever get a lifepartner. I move around so much, that even if I wanted too, I don't think anyone would want to endure my adventuring ways for very long."
    Gary says "Alright. It's just that back where I'm from, people get married pretty young. My dad was 20 and my mom was 18 when they got married. Family is really important where I'm from, so we try to start them as soon as reasonably possible. In fact, if I came back from the war, my parents would probably be disappointed in me that I didn't have anyone to marry when I got back. Is elvish society different? Is home not where the heart is where you're from?"
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

9. - Top - End - #789

[Barracks]

"That might just be me, I'm a adventurer actually. We travel around and help out people that pay us. No time to stay around and work out a relationship. Always gotta keep moving to keep the cash flowing in. Most of my people are just like you, they stay around at the same place for a long time. Only leaving when they are called to war, or something else important." Anika explains. "But just like there are a lot of different humans, there are also a lot of different elves, can't say I or my people represent them all. We're technically called the kaldorei, not 'elves'."

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

[Barracks]

"That might just be me, I'm a adventurer actually. We travel around and help out people that pay us. No time to stay around and work out a relationship. Always gotta keep moving to keep the cash flowing in. Most of my people are just like you, they stay around at the same place for a long time. Only leaving when they are called to war, or something else important." Anika explains. "But just like there are a lot of different humans, there are also a lot of different elves, can't say I or my people represent them all. We're technically called the kaldorei, not 'elves'."
    "I'm sorry, you're the first elf, I mean kaldorei, I've ever met, so I don't know much about them. In my world, there are only humans that are intelligent creatures. Sure, they might have different skin, hair, and eye color, but they're all humans. I actually might be an adventurer, but I don't want to do it for money or recognition. I don't know what that would be called. I guess I used to actually be more like you. Despite what my dad told me about his time in the trenches, I signed up for the army anyways. At first, it wasn't really to serve my country or to do my part to stop people from taking over the world. At first, I wanted glory and recognition. I thought that when I got back home, I would be given medals and treated like a hero and all the girls would fall for me. That changed really fast when we landed on Utah beach." Gary laughs at himself for a little bit "I'm in my 20s and I probably sound like an old man. I keep rambling on and talking about how foolish I was when I was young. That old me is only about 7 months old. Anyways, if you need help on any of your adventures, I'll be here. This is obviously not a setup I'm used to. There isn't as much routine or order, but I'm always willing to get out and go help. You can even keep whatever earnings you make, I don't need or want the money."

11. - Top - End - #791
    Barbarian in the Playground

VIGIL Skybase

Iamar had heard of VIGIL before, back when they were called Watchtower. But that was quite some time ago, back when she was part of Inside's police. She had never actually visited the place, much less professed any interest in joining. But she found herself in need of a place to live yet again, so why not put her sword in service of a cause of some kind?

Iamar is dressed in her armor, which consists of a leather hauberk over a padded overcoat, with light-colored pants and leather boots - an outfit for fighting in the heat of the desert. Her shamshir hangs at her side as she makes her way to the base proper, with only a slight idea of where she may want to go.

12. - Top - End - #792

NinjaGuy

VIGIL Skybase

As Iamar makes her way towards the base, a large figure falls into step behind her. Massive, 11, almost 12 feet tall, and clad in heavy green futuristic armor, he could easily be mistaken for a mech suit, since he looks all the world like one. Only the black expanse with the glowing optics hints at him being something a bit different, since there is nothing in that black void behind his faceplate, save for the two glowing orbs that serve as his eyes. Quin Mantha.EXE has come looking for VIGIL himself, wondering if they could perhaps put his talents to better use than he could by himself. The lady in front of him seems to have some idea of where she's going, so he might as well follow her until someone comes to greet them both.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"So you're changing light bulbs?" How quizzical. "Well, I'm here for more or less the same reason. Talk to leaders, follow up on some personal business. Or talk to Arlem. Or both if Arlem's a leader here a guess? I heard there was a mage of some skill in charge here. That would probably be my best bet, especially when comparing defenses on vaults and tombs and such. Honestly, whatever works. I'm a very flexible cat. Adaption is survival." Reinholdt's tail twitches behind him as he sits on the roof and talks to Felandria.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

[Vigil Skybase]

The arrival of the big robot causes a little bit of alarm over with the crew in air traffic control. Luckily, calm heads prevented any sort of hasty response, as the machine didn't seem to be outwardly hostile, and the flight crews are happy to ferry both the desert warrior and the robot up to the Skybase. No doubt a bit of an awkward trip, as Quin Mantha likely takes up almost the entire deck. Still, a frantic message was sent over to Administrator Virlomi, who sends a pleasant text over to her good friend Kalya asking her to come greet the big scary robot and the other person. No need to bother either Commander over this just yet. Those poor fellows were busy and stressed out over enough stuff as it is.

Such it is that the pair of newcomers get approached by a dark-skinned human woman wearing a long, richly embroidered black jacket over a cream colored skirt, with jewelry in her face and a single gold-threaded braid of black hair hanging to her waist. She's tall for a woman, curvy and naturally statuesque, not particularly broad or muscular, just large, though she seems to have the mild, contemplative manner of a scholar about her.

She bows formally to the pair, hands clasped together in front of her. "Greetings."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-01-02 at 01:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #795

Vigil Skybase

Iamar's ride up the the skybase certainly is an awkward one. She had seen large and human-looking machines in her time in the Nexus, but she had certainly never been followed by one, nor ridden with it. She kept calm, though, as it didn't seem interested in starting a fight.

Iamar bows to Kalya as well, although slightly bending forward and maintaining eye contact hardly qualifies as a bow. "Peace be upon you. My name is Iamar ibnat Hasna al-Shalhoub. I've come to join Vigil, if you would have my sword."

16. - Top - End - #796

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    "I'm sorry, you're the first elf, I mean kaldorei, I've ever met, so I don't know much about them. In my world, there are only humans that are intelligent creatures. Sure, they might have different skin, hair, and eye color, but they're all humans. I actually might be an adventurer, but I don't want to do it for money or recognition. I don't know what that would be called. I guess I used to actually be more like you. Despite what my dad told me about his time in the trenches, I signed up for the army anyways. At first, it wasn't really to serve my country or to do my part to stop people from taking over the world. At first, I wanted glory and recognition. I thought that when I got back home, I would be given medals and treated like a hero and all the girls would fall for me. That changed really fast when we landed on Utah beach." Gary laughs at himself for a little bit "I'm in my 20s and I probably sound like an old man. I keep rambling on and talking about how foolish I was when I was young. That old me is only about 7 months old. Anyways, if you need help on any of your adventures, I'll be here. This is obviously not a setup I'm used to. There isn't as much routine or order, but I'm always willing to get out and go help. You can even keep whatever earnings you make, I don't need or want the money."
    ((Sorry for the delay, I have had some trouble thinking out a good reply.))

[Barracks]

"Well... it is good for you to learn I suppose. I mean, I can kinda relate since my mother was a soldier and she trained me to become one as well. Then I found out I had the talents to become a druid instead so I never went to war the same way you did. And thank Elune for that. I don't think my experience would have been all too different from yours, especially my mother actively encouraged me to join." Anika replies after a moment of consideration. "But hey, the money is important. How else can you sustain yourself?"

17. - Top - End - #797

NinjaGuy

[VIGIL Skybase]

"Greetings," the machine says, bowing effusively. He move slightly differently than a mech suit would, more fluidly and more gracefully. His eyes seem to smile, even though he has no visible mouth. "I am Quin Mantha.EXE.
    As this young lady has said, I am also here to lend my aid to VIGIL, if you'll have me."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-01-03 at 09:01 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

((Sorry for the delay, I have had some trouble thinking out a good reply.))

[Barracks]

"Well... it is good for you to learn I suppose. I mean, I can kinda relate since my mother was a soldier and she trained me to become one as well. Then I found out I had the talents to become a druid instead so I never went to war the same way you did. And thank Elune for that. I don't think my experience would have been all too different from yours, especially my mother actively encouraged me to join." Anika replies after a moment of consideration. "But hey, the money is important. How else can you sustain yourself?"
    "It was probably a good idea if your plan was to stay alive. For some reason, after we landed in France, I didn't mind risking my life for my country. Maybe it was trauma from battle, maybe it was the friends I lost there, I'll never know. But when we left Normandy and started marching into Belgium and Luxembourg, we lost thousands just trying to take the beaches and a lot of my friends wanted out. Apparently a lot of us came in with the idea that the war would be this heroic conquest despite our fathers who had the same illusion tell us otherwise." Gary says "Anyways, I should stop rambling about my experiences in the war, it's probably boring you." Pausing to switch his topic, he says "It's kind of hard for me to imagine an army of mostly women, or even one that would allow them to enlist. I mean, I know that we were allied with them, but I never saw them with my own eyes." Gary smiles and laughs to himself, and then says in a more lighthearted voice "Probably an army I wouldn't mind enlisting in." He then addresses the money comment "Yes, but there's all the food and supplies I need at the base. I don't need money recognition, I just want to help people. If I needed money, I would probably only ask for enough to eat, but what I do isn't for profit."

((It's okay. Sorry if I seem to be talking in long, seemingly topic changing monologues. This is the first time I've tried to play a character who doesn't try to stay on topic and to the point. I'm not just trying to dump a character's backstory on you.))

19. - Top - End - #799
    Orc in the Playground

[Arriving]

"So you're changing light bulbs?" How quizzical. "Well, I'm here for more or less the same reason. Talk to leaders, follow up on some personal business. Or talk to Arlem. Or both if Arlem's a leader here a guess? I heard there was a mage of some skill in charge here. That would probably be my best bet, especially when comparing defenses on vaults and tombs and such. Honestly, whatever works. I'm a very flexible cat. Adaption is survival." Reinholdt's tail twitches behind him as he sits on the roof and talks to Felandria.
    I don’t know if Arlem is here right now, it’s hard to tell sometimes if someone is here or not.

That’s the thing about this place, y’know?

Heck, you and I might be somewhere else right now.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Errr... I don't think it works that way?" Reinholdt replies after a moment's hesitation. "I mean, I guess technically I am in other places at the moment. Such is the life of a Reinholdt." Weird and schizophrenic. "But I didn't think you had any clones. Do you also have copies of yourself?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Vigil Skybase

Iamar's ride up the the skybase certainly is an awkward one. She had seen large and human-looking machines in her time in the Nexus, but she had certainly never been followed by one, nor ridden with it. She kept calm, though, as it didn't seem interested in starting a fight.

Iamar bows to Kalya as well, although slightly bending forward and maintaining eye contact hardly qualifies as a bow. "Peace be upon you. My name is Iamar ibnat Hasna al-Shalhoub. I've come to join Vigil, if you would have my sword."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"Greetings," the machine says, bowing effusively. He move slightly differently than a mech suit would, more fluidly and more gracefully. His eyes seem to smile, even though he has no visible mouth. "I am Quin Mantha.EXE.
    As this young lady has said, I am also here to lend my aid to VIGIL, if you'll have me."
    [VIGIL Skybase]

"We would be glad to accept your aid in our fight," says Kalya, her tone turning solemn and formal. "Generally we induct all new members with a test - to give them a chance to demonstrate both their skill and their spirit."

Or in Kalya's case, the size of their bankroll. >.>

She turns to Iamar. "If it is your sword you wish to offer, I believe I can find a member with the right skills for a duel."

And then to Quin Mantha-dot-EE-ECKS-EE. "And what of you?" she asks the giant robot, sounding a little uncertain of herself. Just what is it can this machine do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #802

VIGIL Skybase

Iamar blinks as the machine talks. She'd never heard robots of that size talking at all, much less with any kind of real vocabulary. But it was hardly the strangest thing she had heard was able to talk.

She nods at the mention of a test. Vigil certainly wasn't an army of conscripts after all. "I will perform whatever tasks are required of me."

23. - Top - End - #803

NinjaGuy

[VIGIL Skybase]

"I am a warrior as well, though my talents can be either in ranged or melee engagements, as needs arise. Otherwise, I am good at moving large, heavy objects, if you have need of some help that way," Quin volunteers helpfully. He's obviously a little too odd and a little too earnest to be helpful diplomatically, at least, right now. "I am not sure what you would like to see, but I am ready to take any test you might need."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flying in from Riverside]

A familiar individual, Harnetta, will be arriving by air here, and is going to land near the edge of the island, before running inwards, trying to find an officer basically anywhere around here.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

[Flying in from Riverside]

It won't be long before Harnetta encounters, or is directed to, Wenomir, seeing as Cessie is still in Riverside. He'd normally be glad to see her, but it's clear something is very wrong.

"Harnetta? What's going on?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Flying in from Riverside]

Well, not exactly flying in. This angel has been here the whole time. Part of the job is to act as a terminal in VIGIL. But with news from Riverside.
    At just this moment, Sophia is making her way over to Wenomir, completely visible.

"Wenomir. Sorry to interrupt, but you should know the Cuthunians have made a move in Riverside."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flying in From Riverside]

Harnetta doesn't know who or what Sophia is, but there's no time for introductions, "That. I'm here to gather reinforcements, because Riverside needs them as soon as possible," Harnetta drops her duffelbag on the ground and reaches in, "I can wait for people to gather, but demons are teleporting in all over the city and we have no time." It's been a while since Wenomir has soon Harnetta's armor; a chain shirt that leaves slots open for her wings, but still steady due to strapping onto strategic parts of her legs, with various plates for her arms, legs, and tail, finally capped off by a helmet with areas taken out so it doesn't get in the way of her horns. It's all in deep, black metal some may recognize as Adamantine.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

[Flying in From Riverside]

Wenomir freezes in his tracks when Sophia and Harnetta both deliver them the same news. His shock sublimates into murderous fury pretty quickly, of course. When he speaks next, it's through clenched teeth.

"Then let's show those vermin how bad an idea it was. I don't know if they're capable of screaming for mercy, but I plan to teach them."

He turns on his communicator and broadcasts a message to all Vigil members present:

"This is Commander Wenomir speaking. The Cuthun demons have invaded Riverside. I need everyone to join our counterattack. All hands on deck. That's an order."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-01-05 at 06:47 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #809

[Barracks]

"Well, it isn't like I don't want to fight for my country, or my people, I just think most of my people are really dumb, y'know? I still serve, just in a different way. Sounds like you had your heart at the right place though. Just don't let yourself be blinded by idealism, you can't fight the enemy if you're dead and money means more than just a mean to sustain yourself. It means resources you can use in your fight." Anika argues. "As for the all-male army, I am not so sure-"

Then Anika is interrupted by the alarm. Huh.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Orc in the Playground

[Arriving]

"Errr... I don't think it works that way?" Reinholdt replies after a moment's hesitation. "I mean, I guess technically I am in other places at the moment. Such is the life of a Reinholdt." Weird and schizophrenic. "But I didn't think you had any clones. Do you also have copies of yourself?"
    Felandria chuckles wryly.

No, but sometimes I wish I did, I do try and keep busy and two of me would get a lot more done.

So you have clones, eh?

Are they equally snuggly?