New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 13

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Currently, timeline of the game seem to be a bit muddled.

To recap:

In Soul Society, there are characters who are seemingly still in the evening / night after Ep. 3. At least Sayuri and Yuuta fall to this category due to Hadrian being absent - does anyone know of the man? It seems Taiki, Natsuko and possibly Karite are also in this group.

Then, there are characters who are three days or more into the future - these include at least Sigint, Goto, Seiko, Kazuma, Michiko and possibly Yoshi and Kazuo.

I suggest all people are time-skipped to the same time frame as 11th Division as soon as possible - I can fix Sayuri as soon as Hadrian posts. I suggest Taiki's discussion with Karite takes place "in the future" too, maybe simultaneously with giving his sword back.

However, I ask people to NOT move more than one day further from current 11th division timeframe. This is due to two reasons: 1st, Mortal World will otherwise be severly lagging behind, and 2nd, Soushi opening that Senkai gate will happen that day, and there are in-game events required to take place that have yet to happen before I can safely advance that plot thread.

In the Mortal world, there are events of the Shrine and events of the Cemetery that are taking place one day apart from Angry Janitor plot.

Then there are Izumi, Rex, Milla and Shou who have acted during the evening of the same day, and are now moving to the next.

I suggest the second group move to the Halloween Episode with Erima and Takara, leaving the first group to advance Michiko's plot in the main thread. I don't think it's safe to timeskip the main thread untill or unless Callos gives a go-ahead.

Hueco Muendo is slightly better of, due to having less connections to the other threads. However, Von Geister sending the bird did not happen too long ago, so it can't be that far from Mortal World.

I'm waiting for Edge's character to complete his mission in Hueco Muendo.
    So how much of this needs updating?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

In short, it needs a lot of updating. I'm not even going to bother stating all the things that are lacking - rather, I'll start writing them straight to the wiki once I have time.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

would it be rude of me to ask where we are going and what we are waiting to have happen?

im not in a rush or anything, but i am just trying to find my place in the story

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay, here's a write-up on Yamashiro house, which may help with commentaries on Mayumi herself.

Yamashiro Quincy clan
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Yamashiro house is one of the older Quincy clans, able to trace its bloodline back to Feudal Japan. It is also one of the few matriarchal Quincy clans, with the female members significantly stronger on average than the males. The reasons for this are unknown, but it has led to the success of the clan while simultaneously causing other patriarchal clans to be somewhat wary of them.

the Yamashiro are known for their technological savvy, being one of the foremost clans in terms of Quincy technology and creations. Sanrei gloves, Quincy Bangles, variations of Ginto; these creations and more can have their origins traced back to the Yamashiro clan, though each has their own variation based on clan differences. A Yamashiro Sanrei glove will look and act differently from a Yoshimoto Sanrei Glove, for example.

Their Quincies are also known for sniping, being trained in particularly long-range techniques. While their mid-range is generally lacking (though they do have a small squad of archers trained for mid-range combat), their Quincies can strike opponents from an average of 1 kilometer away accurately, and the majority can strike farther than that with relative ease.

The current matriarch of the clan is Shiori Yamashiro, notable for being one of the oldest known living Quincies at 87 years old. Though her skills have diminished with age, she didn't get to be 87 years old by being easy to kill. Her skills far outstrip those of most Quincies, and her power is still a force to be feared. Her daughter, Asuka, recently passed away while singe-handedly fighting off a Hollow invasion, and currently Shiori's focus is on Mayumi, Asuka's daughter and Shiori's granddaughter. Mayumi has two children of her own, a seven year old girl named Hinata and a three year old son named Akio.

Okay, I made a few assumptions with these people, such as making them the go-to people for Quincy tech. If that's a problem, please let me know and I'll change it if necessary.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Kazuma could give Seiko a few pointers regarding battoujutsu - it's well within his area of expertise after all. *points to the Joint Episode thread*
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-10-28 at 02:02 PM.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Seiko mostly used it just to surprise Michiko. The idea of sheathing his sword to attack better doesn't make a whole lot of sense to Seiko, mostly because he usually uses his Shikai to fight, and his Shikai causes his sheath to vanish, making the idea mostly a moot point. It's not really a technique that he would use commonly, and only as a first strike to surprise opponents.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

I still had to make the joke.

There is one thing I had been considering as far as Kazuma's shikai that... hadn't the opportunity to come up yet. It's not that big a tweak, but I think it adds more consistency to the weapon itself.

I was considering the possibility that each weapon created by Sazanou is actually made up of chains. So, for example, if he made a sword, it would actually work something like Ivy Valentine's weapon from Soul Calibur. If he made a spear, it could break into several pieces connected by chain like Ikkaku's spear, etc..

What does everyone think? This could be a property of Kazuma's shikai that he hadn't considered using before, or that he only recently discovered (all things considered, he's an 8th seat, so there could be some space for finding that out).
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2010-10-28 at 02:18 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

I like the idea, but I'm not really sure how it would work. Would each weapon be a chain with different weapon casings? Because both of the weapons you suggested have a method of joining the parts and hiding the chains that give them their length. Particularly Ivy's sword, which looks like a short sword normally and can lengthen to reveal the inner chains. If it's actually made of chains and just chains, then I'm not sure how exactly any of the weapons would act like anything but a whip made of chains (which would hurt quite a bit).

So, maybe I'm missing something, but that's my take on the idea.
    Star Wars iTP characters

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    I like the idea, but I'm not really sure how it would work. Would each weapon be a chain with different weapon casings? Because both of the weapons you suggested have a method of joining the parts and hiding the chains that give them their length. Particularly Ivy's sword, which looks like a short sword normally and can lengthen to reveal the inner chains. If it's actually made of chains and just chains, then I'm not sure how exactly any of the weapons would act like anything but a whip made of chains (which would hurt quite a bit).

So, maybe I'm missing something, but that's my take on the idea.
    Well, yeah, I suppose a chain with different weapon casings is a good way to put it. For example, suppose he makes it a scythe. He could swing the scythe's head and affix it differently (so that the blade is not parallel to the shaft, and instead at the top), and then swing it and "break" the head off to attack opponents at a distance, and the head would still be attached to the shaft by chains.

I got the idea from thinking of Zanpakutou categories while watching the Zanpakutou lost tales arc. Muramasa is classified as an illusion-type zanpakutou, for example. I think this tweak to Kazuma's shikai gives a good explanation as to why it can manifest in so many different ways - in effect, it's an "illusion" of sorts.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Yeah, I think that the weapon casing idea is probably your best bet, but you might wait on a second opinion before you implement it.

As for it being an Illusion-type, I can't really see it. Muramasa is an Illusion-type because he can use his powers to trick and control other Zanpakutou spirits, much like Aizen can. Because your Zanpakutou is actually transforming into these shapes and not just appearing to do so, I don't think that that would actually classify it as an Illusion-type, but rather as a Transformative-type Zanpakutou, though I'm not sure if there's any real precedent for that. It's pretty cool, though. I'm already thinking about cool visual effects for the transformations.
    Star Wars iTP characters

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was under the impression that Rex met Izumi the evening of the day of the Angry Janitor attack, and for them it's currently the same day as the shrine meeting. We can still shift to the Halloween episode, though.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Actually, with that change I'd classify Kazuma's shikai as "fractal" type, similar with Byakyua's Senbonsakura (Yes, in canon it's projectile type. That's irrelevant to the point. ) - a weapon that's divided to small, interchangeable parts that can be combined to larger forms.

However, I didn't really have a problem with Kazuma's "shapeshifter" type either. Magic swords are magic.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, Terry, let's get this mythical conversation going. If it doesn't happen in the next two days, I'm waiting for current plot to happen.

Edit: I missed a comment on attack speed...Just a comment, attacks can be fast or whatnot, but they can't be so fast as to be undodgeable. In theory, any attack should have a response besides "getting killed," and for generally average attacks, a response besides "taking damage." Just be aware of that.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2010-10-28 at 03:14 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, with that change I'd classify Kazuma's shikai as "fractal" type, similar with Byakyua's Senbonsakura (Yes, in canon it's projectile type. That's irrelevant to the point. ) - a weapon that's divided to small, interchangeable parts that can be combined to larger forms.

However, I didn't really have a problem with Kazuma's "shapeshifter" type either. Magic swords are magic.
    Well, there were some fairly vocal complaints about it back when I was thinking of Kazuma. And either way, I like the idea, but it's obviously not something I should pull off in a fight and tell you guys it's always been that way.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    would it be rude of me to ask where we are going and what we are waiting to have happen?

im not in a rush or anything, but i am just trying to find my place in the story
    There are three major plot threads going in Soul Society.

First, there's Karite's Hollowfication. Sometime soon, Karite will go ape. There isn't much more to it, but it will throw at least one Division to chaos.

Second, there's Soushi letting criminals into Seireitei. This plot is currently waiting for Edge to get few things finished in Hueco Mundo thread. It will involve pretty much all of Seireitei, but especially 10th and 11th divisions.

Third, there's Kido Corps renovation plot. I'm waiting for Hadrian to move it along. It will get back to full steam once Soushi's plot is done and we find a good way to remove Takeshi from Commander position.

Fourth, there's the game-encompassing Wall plot, which will tie these separate threads together. It won't likely happen for a while though.

Fifth, there's... Shizuka Magatsu's mystery mission, but I have zero knowledge of how open that plot is.

If you don't feel it's Goto's place to join any of these, you can create your own sideplots. Have him go fishing with Sigint or spar with his underlings (I presume their players still haven't contacted you?). Throw few ideas around and we'll see if we can work something up. :)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Well, there were some fairly vocal complaints about it back when I was thinking of Kazuma. And either way, I like the idea, but it's obviously not something I should pull off in a fight and tell you guys it's always been that way.
    Actually, my objection was more because he was getting too similar to Hannibal, both power and personality wise, and I asked to limit his powerset because I thought that'd be easier than revamping his personality.

Now that character development is taking them to radically different directions, I couldn't care less.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Actually, my objection was more because he was getting too similar to Hannibal, both power and personality wise, and I asked to limit his powerset because I thought that'd be easier than revamping his personality.

Now that character development is taking them to radically different directions, I couldn't care less.
    *snicker*

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

For removing Takeshi: Taiki could file an official complaint of some kind. Probably not enough by itself, but at the very least it might cause Central to begin some form of investigation that could lead to his removal.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

All right, I haven't seen any more objections about Mayumi, so I think that I'm going to go ahead and stick her in the registry as well as the Yamashiro house.

And once I do that, I was considering having her examine the site of the Joint Ops battle, maybe with another of the teachers, because they definitely would have felt the reiatsu from the battle. Then, we could have more discussion between the teachers, and we could show the aftermath of that battle. This could happen on the day after the battle, to try to keep the timeline mostly secure.

To that end, I have one question: Karite said that his Bankai ice, that he used to crush Auset, only melted under extreme spiritual pressure. With that in mind, would the ice pillar still be there, and would Auset still be trapped underneath? Because if so, then that might be a way to show off the teacher's fighting ability against a Privaron, but she probably wouldn't still be there.

However, if I could get some responses from people playing teachers (Except Kuroi, because Hasunada is still busy with Sora and Elder and Silva) so I'll know if this is possible, that'd be great.
    Star Wars iTP characters

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    For removing Takeshi: Taiki could file an official complaint of some kind. Probably not enough by itself, but at the very least it might cause Central to begin some form of investigation that could lead to his removal.
    I think we can use that. Our plan is to cause Takeshi elope due to disagreements with Seireitei nobility, so that would be a nudge to the right direction.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    All right, I haven't seen any more objections about Mayumi, so I think that I'm going to go ahead and stick her in the registry as well as the Yamashiro house.

And once I do that, I was considering having her examine the site of the Joint Ops battle, maybe with another of the teachers, because they definitely would have felt the reiatsu from the battle. Then, we could have more discussion between the teachers, and we could show the aftermath of that battle. This could happen on the day after the battle, to try to keep the timeline mostly secure.

To that end, I have one question: Karite said that his Bankai ice, that he used to crush Auset, only melted under extreme spiritual pressure. With that in mind, would the ice pillar still be there, and would Auset still be trapped underneath? Because if so, then that might be a way to show off the teacher's fighting ability against a Privaron, but she probably wouldn't still be there.

However, if I could get some responses from people playing teachers (Except Kuroi, because Hasunada is still busy with Sora and Elder and Silva) so I'll know if this is possible, that'd be great.
    Well, Hibiki, strawberry's character, even briefly took part in Ep. 3 fight against the Hollow wave, so you could combine that idea with Mayumi introducing herself to Hibiki, who just arrived to the school.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Well, Hibiki, strawberry's character, even briefly took part in Ep. 3 fight against the Hollow wave, so you could combine that idea with Mayumi introducing herself to Hibiki, who just arrived to the school.
    I suppose I could facilitate this. Have Hibiki in the teacher's lounge relaxing, or something.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh, Hibiki is new to the school? I didn't get that from his profile, but that's cool. Yeah, if you go ahead and start, I can have Mayumi introduce herself to him, and therefore to all the other people who read the HM thread. Then she can get his help to go and review the fight scene.

Also, should I go ahead and PM Terry about the ice pillar? I kind of need to know about that before Hibiki and Mayumi get there.
    Star Wars iTP characters

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Well, in Hasunaga's defense, he's been aware of the spirit world for well over a few decades; there's a good chance he knows more.
    Doesn't stop Yui for being surprised. It's not Hasunaga knowing as much as it's mentioning such things casually to total strangers that she finds curious.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground

AAHHH catch up!

Anyways, for KD's point a little while back: The security room has tons of cameras monitoring the Seireitei. They aren't exactly in the divisions themselves, but they monitor the entrances and such, giving a good enough view inside. And yes, there's microphones everywhere too. Sweet dreams.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    AAHHH catch up!

Anyways, for KD's point a little while back: The security room has tons of cameras monitoring the Seireitei. They aren't exactly in the divisions themselves, but they monitor the entrances and such, giving a good enough view inside. And yes, there's microphones everywhere too. Sweet dreams.
    And Sigint had one of his eye-gates hovering in front of said cameras and stuff.

But what KD was saying was that we need to slow down on that a bit. I don't know how, but we need to.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

AAHHH catch up!

Kazuo-vision is watching you watch other people.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Oh gods...and then there's the 9th, who's probably watching you watching you watch everybody else...

YO DAW- *slap* "Don't. Don't."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Kazuo-vision is watching you watch other people.
    Seriously? Get a gorram internet button already.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

AAHHH catch up!

...You don't get to just say "cameras and microphones everywhere, smiley face".

How are they placed? Where did they get them? How efficient are they? Shouldn't such a thing be known?

I mean, if someone's in the middle of a training field the size of half a football field, it's highly improbable any standard surveillance gear could pick them up.

And I again reiterate that you need enough people to not only monitor those feeds, but to analyze those feeds. Even if you combine those 2 jobs, how many cameras are you talking about? Because you said 2nd has 236 members. How many members does the ninja corp have (as in, the whole Omni)? And don't say "enough", I'd like to see some hard numbers, at least OOC. I think you'll quickly see you'd need to recruit so many members they'd equal or exceed the size of the entire rest of the Gotei, just to keep an eye on all those cameras. Especially working in shifts around the clock, probably taking a break every 2 or so hours to rest their eyes to prevent strain and damage.

In other words, you need to tone down the "all seeing ninja corps" thing, and only act like you have surveillance when it's reasonable. Perhaps ask in OOC if it's a.)okay with the current bit of plot, and b.)if it's reasonable.

I got hell with Satoshi just for saying he used years of careful observation to put together files on the Captains, Vice-Captains, and other top officers. And those files had room to be outdated.

Having an active spy corps to watch everything stretches it even more.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune