New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WOTC took that "hybrid race" thing too far

Quote Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    can't most guys lift their woman? the traditional wedding thing is to carry her over the door and all that. might not be as easy, but still pretty common.
    Depends on the couple. I the average guy who doesn't work can't lift an average 50-60kg woman.

On a side note, if you could do a mythological creature of your choice, what would it be?

For me, it'll be a tough call between a silver dragon, a vampire or a solar. Unless they'd be willing for a foursome, in which case there's no dilemma at all.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Longcat View Post
    Depends on the couple. I the average guy who doesn't work can't lift an average 50-60kg woman.

On a side note, if you could do a mythological creature of your choice, what would it be?

For me, it'll be a tough call between a silver dragon, a vampire or a solar. Unless they'd be willing for a foursome, in which case there's no dilemma at all.
    foursome indeed... I mean, it will take several pages to write down the full list of mythological creatures I'd wanna do :)

As I always say, choosing is for monogamists.
    Last edited by taltamir; 2010-01-16 at 12:16 PM.
    I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.

3. - Top - End - #123

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post

You know you would.

Don't judge me.

Of course she's sexy... because she doesn't look like a damn female dwarf!!

She has a totally human face, with a girly-girl expresion. Just drawing a hot chick with an axe and naming it "dwarf", doesn't mean a thing...

Here's a true fem dwarf:

Spoiler
    Show

Yet another. Now a noble-aristocratic female dwarf, suposed to be beauty:

Spoiler
    Show

And this is taking into account that none of the two fem dwarf have a slightly noticiable beard...
    Last edited by Blas_de_Lezo; 2010-01-16 at 12:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124

foursome indeed... I mean, it will take several pages to write down the full list of mythological creatures I'd wanna do :)
    Just stick with MM1 for the time being ;)

I mean, you gotta prioritize, right?

As I always say, choosing is for monogamists.
    Monogamy is hard enough in RL... add in MM1-5, and it becomes impossible

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Why do the "dwarf"'er pictures have bigger chests?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

If I could pick only one? A werewolf. Insert peanut butter joke here

Now if if more than one, Anything but the undead or elves.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    Why do the "dwarf"'er pictures have bigger chests?
    Because we are posting beautiful by dwarf standards, they still like it big you know.

Also: Changeling, in their true form.
    Last edited by Touchy; 2010-01-16 at 12:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blas_de_Lezo View Post
    Of course she's sexy... because she doesn't look like a damn female dwarf!!
    she isn't a female dwarf, she is a female Mul (half human, half dwarf). And her features and proportions are somewhat dwarfish, she looks like she is very short and somewhat stockier then a human woman.

the glass is always 100% full. Approximately 50% of its volume is full of dihydrogen monoxide and some dissolved solutes, and approx 50% a mixture of gasses known as "air" which contains roughly (by volume) 78.08% nitrogen, 20.95% oxygen, 0.93% argon, 0.038% carbon dioxide, and trace amounts of other gases.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing stocky about her. Short yes but not stocky. Cute though. I'd throw down a few plat for a roll, just saying.
    Last edited by Vizzerdrix; 2010-01-16 at 12:52 PM.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Now if if more than one, Anything but the undead or elves.
    You should go see a doctor. You're leaking stupid all over the internet.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Nothing stocky about her. Short yes but not stocky. Cute though. I'd throw down a few plat for a roll, just saying.
    I compliment her looks, I'd say I want to do her... but I wouldn't go around suggesting that she is a whore. (even a very expensive one)... what kind of compliment is that supposed to be?

PS.A platinum coin is 100 gold right? a single gold coin is about 60 to 80 USD... so thats 6000-8000$ per platinum coin...

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Who'd want an elf, they would be talking about how much elf men were better than you, and generally putting you down for being a human.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Not wanting elves is understandable... A lot of people think "mialee the deformed anthro cricket" when they think elf; because of WOTC choice in "art" for elves... and who would want that? *barf*
    Last edited by taltamir; 2010-01-16 at 01:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Touchy View Post
    Who'd want an elf, they would be talking about how much elf men were better than you, and generally putting you down for being a human.
    They've had hundreds of years to hone their craft, while still being youthful. And magic spices things up nicely. And it's not so much the elves telling you they're better as humans having some silly inferiority complex.

Not wanting elves is understandable... A lot of people think "mialee the deformed anthro cricket" when they think elf; because of WOTC choice in "art" for elves... and who would want that? *barf*
    I thought we established "Mialee is a purple mutant frog" long ago?
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2010-01-16 at 01:05 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

They've had hundreds of years to hone their craft, while still being youthful. And magic spices things up nicely. And it's not so much the elves telling you they're better as humans having some silly inferiority complex.
    pfft... they have had hundreds of years and still can't match a human 1/5th their age in skill.
    elves are vastly inferior.

16. - Top - End - #136

pfft... they have had hundreds of years and still can't match a human 1/5th their age in skill.
    elves are vastly inferior.
    And yet it's the humans talking about how the elves are so superior. Funny how that works.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Pssst. Your Douche bag is showing. Might wanna cover that up.

As for why I wouldn't touch an elf, I do not like scrawny old women thank you very much. Especially when they need five times as long to do anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeaaaah no. Everything else is fine by me, but the elf I could use like a xylophone so no thanks.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

I thought we established "Mialee is a purple mutant frog" long ago?
    Inferiority complex? I don't remember having that, I'm sure its more of "elves think their better" than "Humans think their worse than elves".

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

read this about elven inferiority:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...07#post7704407

20. - Top - End - #140

Pssst. Your Douche bag is showing. Might wanna cover that up.
    You mean this? I don't really see why that'd be a problem

As for why I wouldn't touch an elf, I do not like scrawny old women thank you very much. Especially when they need five times as long to do anything.

Spoiler
    Show

Yeaaaah no. Everything else is fine by me, but the elf I could use like a xylophone so no thanks.
    I thought we already concluded that Mialee is a mutant frog, not an Elf.

Inferiority complex? I don't remember having that, I'm sure its more of "elves think their better" than "Humans think their worse than elves".
    Sure, you think they think that. It's really all in your mind.

Maybe the high-level Elven Wizards just don't care enough to make themselves known, preferring to expand the boundaries of magic and their own knowledge instead of dealing with hordes of fangirls.

On a metagame level, we'll have to remember that the only reason the limitations are in the place in the first place is to avoid having Elves break the game entirely. So Elves are just toning down their performance to let the lesser races shine think they're doing something.

21. - Top - End - #141

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JaronK View Post
    Ah, putting the romance back in necromancer. Just remember kids, necrophilia means never having to say you're sorry! Or anything else, for that matter.

JaronK
    This reminds me. My roomie was in an icebreaking activity at some camp over the summer, and they were going around and saying what member of the undead they would be if they were undead. And the blonde next to him gets confused and says "Necrophiliac," so he just says "fresh corpse." The snickering and some one else whispering into her ear caused her to develop freckles.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-01-16 at 01:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Sure, you think they think that. It's really all in your mind.
    Of course it's in my mind, those are my perceptions of the fantasy(or not real) elves, I've always thought them as such, and I am allowed to do so with my interpretations of fantasy creatures, you wonder why people argue if dog people or dragon-loving kobolds is the better interpretation. This is how they were always presented to me and thats how I will do so. Maybe if you were DMing for me, I would understand how elves are better than me in every way, but no, in my fantasy universes, elves are pricks.
    Last edited by Touchy; 2010-01-16 at 01:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    This reminds me. My roomie was in an icebreaking activity at some camp over the summer, and they were going around and saying what member of the undead they would be if they were undead. And the blonde next to him gets confused and says "Necrophiliac," so he just says "fresh corpse." The snickering and some one else whispering into her ear caused her to develop freckles.
    Adorable ^_^

Also, i did not know one could develop freckles. neat.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

24. - Top - End - #144

NecromancerGuy

PS.A platinum coin is 100 gold right? a single gold coin is about 60 to 80 USD... so thats 6000-8000$ per platinum coin...
    1 plat = 10 gold.
    1 gold = 10 silver
    1 silver = 10 cp
    1 cp = Federal Prison For Life.

1 electrum = ???
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably a solar.
    Really, I just want something that could easily kill me if I pissed it off, but is still pretty attractive. Which is rather stupid; I enjoy being irritating.
    There's also a character from Warcraft lore I'd go for (Alexstrasza). Seriously. I'd make half-dragons with her.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    Probably a solar.
    Really, I just want something that could easily kill me if I pissed it off, but is still pretty attractive. Which is rather stupid; I enjoy being irritating.
    There's also a character from Warcraft lore I'd go for (Alexstrasza). Seriously. I'd make half-dragons with her.
    in a fantasy setting, my goal in life would be to impregnate as many "higher" beings as possible... solars, demons, dragons, etc...
    :)

27. - Top - End - #147

NecromancerGuy

Solars: Those are the ones which are big enough to fit a fully grown human man inside of them, right? 30 feet tall and all that jazz?

Or was it halflings and gnomes that were famous for having died in that manner?

Adorable ^_^

Also, i did not know one could develop freckles. neat.
    Well, there might be a bit of hyperbole there. But she was blushing something fierce, haha.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #148

Of course it's in my mind, those are my perceptions of the fantasy(or not real) elves, I've always thought them as such, and I am allowed to do so with my interpretations of fantasy creatures, you wonder why people argue if dog people or dragon-loving kobolds is the better interpretation. This is how they were always presented to me and thats how I will do so. Maybe if you were DMing for me, I would understand how elves are better than me in every way, but no, in my fantasy universes, elves are pricks.
    Aye, prejudice is your god-given right. Also, if I wasn't clear enough, I'm not being wholly serious. I am, however, quite amused.

29. - Top - End - #149

NecromancerGuy

Aye, prejudice is your god-given right. Also, if I wasn't clear enough, I'm not being wholly serious. I am, however, quite amused.
    Indeed. And this amusing little diversion is why I can't think of Varsuvius as anything other than hermaphroditic.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground