New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    I think so. I got my own Element. But I tend to randomly appear and disappear in this thread.
    I seem to recall that you were, but just in case, let's give you some images anyways. It seems like socks are the theme of the day, so here you go!

I may or may not be using this as an excuse to organize my images a bit.
    Spoiler
    Show

Guys, help?
    Don't worry, she'll just ship you with your evil-dimension alternate ego or the next poster. Nothing to worry about!
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why, weather? You've been so dry all summer, but the one day that I needed you to be dry, because I needed to keep my good clothes looking good, and I had to do some walking to my interview, did you choose torrential downpour?!

As for the interview itself, it was pretty standard. Nothing too special, I'll be starting it in a month or so. It was actually a fifteen minute interview, which was a little shorter than I was expecting, but it had to be done.

But I'm exhausted just from the transit. I won't go into the problems that I had getting to and from the city for my interview.

Also, Congratulations to you and yours, Dexam! That's always great to hear.

It's a good thing for her that my continuity is Earth 1 and hers is Earth 2. The show is Earth Prime.

Midnight: Hey, why do I have to be Earth 2?

Because I did the naming. So there.
    Yeah, but I made a chart, and it clearly shows differently.

Spoiler
    Show

So there.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dromer View Post
    Fallout: Equestria, Pony Noir, and Silent Ponyville, to name a few.
    Does anyone know if Pony Noir is any good? I've read every Raymond Chandler book several times over so you could say I'm in the target audience.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Why, weather? You've been so dry all summer, but the one day that I needed you to be dry, because I needed to keep my good clothes looking good, and I had to do some walking to my interview, did you choose torrential downpour?!

As for the interview itself, it was pretty standard. Nothing too special, I'll be starting it in a month or so. It was actually a fifteen minute interview, which was a little shorter than I was expecting, but it had to be done.

But I'm exhausted just from the transit. I won't go into the problems that I had getting to and from the city for my interview.

Spoiler
    Show

So there.
    Congrats on the Internship!

And clearly, it rained because you needed it to be sunny. Like how you're the only one who gets stopped for running a red light.

And I want details on some of the other Equestrias.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

Congrats on the internship.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

6. - Top - End - #1206

GnomeWizardGuy

Congratulations on getting the job! Perhaps they figured that if you were willing to walk through a rainstorm, you'd be sure to get to work every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Does anyone know if Pony Noir is any good? I've read every Raymond Chandler book several times over so you could say I'm in the target audience.
    This reminds me, Bittersweet might be appropriate for what they want as well. Then again, I haven't read Cupcakes &co, so perhaps I'm off the mark.

Here is a short summary, if you want an idea of what it is like. (Assuming they are still here, of course.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks everypony for the congratulations!

And yes, I was making a reference to that Trixie and Twilight are sisters comic. It's nothing like fanon, but it's fun.
    Relevant comic is relevant (and slightly saucy):

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    With such a glowing recommendation and accompanying story, I think I'll have to give this system a proper look.
    Charger: I cannot emphasise enough about how the core book is a load of tosh that tries it's best to turn the prospective reader off the game of Mage. It emphasises none of the things it should and implies many things that it should not. Yet, it wraps an inspired system and some of the supplementary materials are the best RPG books you will ever read. I recommend Seers of the Throne and Intruders From The Abyss; Intruders especially, even for non-Mage games. It is the best 'monster manual' you will ever read.

Anyway, promised story, the system is boring ol' D&D 3.5:
    Jayden: What hubris level is chaining half a dozen or so wizard souls to your own soul?
    Charger: Given that making a single soul stone is on the 'pretty bad' end of things?
    Jayden: Yeah, world ends and paradox everywhere. Cool story

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    So, half of your mind is Mare Sue?

...That explains so much :P
    Mask: One third invincible Mary Sue. One third terrified liar. One third out of place chivalric knight. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Sparkle family reunion:

Why didn't you tell me it was you? And the hair I didn't-

One, The Great and Powerful Trixie does not break character. Two, how would you recognize me anyway, you were never home. And three, this coming from the mare whose first words were 'momma I want pink highlights'
    Jayden: Ahahaha!

@ Ponies:

Best origin story

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1209

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Best origin story

Spoiler
    Show
    She should be glad she didn't have to deliver the whole baking set.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The full set is here.

original image

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    She should be glad she didn't have to deliver the whole baking set.
    That would be one special delivery.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Troll in the Playground

That would be one special delivery.
    *sprays with a water bottle*

Bad Midnight, bad pony!

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

12. - Top - End - #1212

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    *sprays with a water bottle*

Bad Midnight, bad pony!
    Ack! Thbbttt! I regret nothing! My brain is mush today, bad puns are about the level I'm at!

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Ack! Thbbttt! I regret nothing! My brain is mush today, bad puns are about the level I'm at!
    How is this a bad thing?

Congrats on the internship! Make sure to infiltrate your new workplace with ponies at every opportunity.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Banned

You ponies are CRA-ZY!
    there is enough content that I'm intimidated by my own quote block... So much I wanna say...

Thanqol et al., how would one get ahold of these books? My local game shop is pretty solidly full of 49% 4e D&D, 50% miniatures & Card games (they overlap somehow), and 1% things I'm actually interested in except for the exorbitant prices.

Also, have you ver played Zombies! ? It's a fun game, that's a board game, except it always revolves into an impromptu RP. Most notably, my last game had me trying to hold of the horde whilst attempting to reverse a necromantic ritual, our local slime-ball who we game with because of a small pool of people was trying to drag the only female in the group to the helicopter so he could repopulate the human species, and or resident normal guy snapped under pressure, started singing the ghost busters theme song, and had the largest critical hit streak I've ever seen1.

Has anyone seen AThousandWords around? We've lost a lot of folks along our journey. Kyuubi-who-is-Soft Serve, VegetaLSS4 is barely hangin' on...

Oh! Blue Ghost! I suggest you run. Like, NOW. this whole 'compleat' thing... I like you, I do. You're the kind of guy I've always wanted to adventure with.
    But it's got it's hooks in me. The neon tracery on my nerves, the herd-mind. I can't fight forever, mate.

So run, while you can...
    Unless you want to be happy? You will be oh so happy.
    So happy when you are compleat.

1: Seriously. I've run number generators in the thousands of rolls. His string of consecutive criticals is still one of the longest I've seen. The end game alone was 25 rounds of 5 players. He stopped failing sometime around round 3. We got to the point of dropping horde of zombies on him to see how long he could last. He finally won by collecting every zombie in the box.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-08-09 at 07:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1215

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Also, have you ver played Zombies! ? It's a fun game, that's a board game, except it always revolves into an impromptu RP. Most notably, my last game had me trying to hold of the horde whilst attempting to reverse a necromantic ritual, our local slime-ball who we game with because of a small pool of people was trying to drag the only female in the group to the helicopter so he could repopulate the human species, and or resident normal guy snapped under pressure, started singing the ghost busters theme song, and had the largest critical hit streak I've ever seen1.
    When I was in university, Zombies! was the game that me and my friends always were into. I had some of the funnest times in university playing that game with those guys. It never quite got into RPing, though, we were always more concerned with the 'screw each other' aspect, and forming desperate final alliances as someone else got closer and closer to the Heliport or the number of zombies you needed to kill to win.

Man...I miss that. I don't have anyone to do that with now. The problems with all my friends being so far away.

16. - Top - End - #1216

You ponies are CRA-ZY!
    there is enough content that I'm intimidated by my own quote block... So much I wanna say...

Thanqol et al., how would one get ahold of these books? My local game shop is pretty solidly full of 49% 4e D&D, 50% miniatures & Card games (they overlap somehow), and 1% things I'm actually interested in except for the exorbitant prices.
    Charger: Mage and Intruders. I am not joking when I say it is the most inherently brilliant RPG I have encountered in my 10 year gaming career. Intruders is worth your $20 even if you never play Mage.

Jayden: Sounds compelling! Zombie movies are always about the survivor dynamic anyway!
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-08-09 at 07:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Banned

When I was in university, Zombies! was the game that me and my friends always were into. I had some of the funnest times in university playing that game with those guys. It never quite got into RPing, though, we were always more concerned with the 'screw each other' aspect, and forming desperate final alliances as someone else got closer and closer to the Heliport or the number of zombies you needed to kill to win.

Man...I miss that. I don't have anyone to do that with now. The problems with all my friends being so far away.

If I thought it could be done without... You know, destroying my mental infrastructure, I'd set up a PbP version. Do I like chess-by-mail; actually lay out the board pieces, use diagrams, etc.

However, the whole brain-explode aspect is part of the game. I can barely keep track of the zombies in a regular game, let alone one where I can't represent them very well.

Then again... To the Ponderosium!

Also, man, you make me sad. I'm going to have to start a fund-raiser, get a bunch of plane tickets, force you to use some vacation hours and knock down your door with a bunch of boardgames in hand and playgrounders in tow.

18. - Top - End - #1218

Also, man, you make me sad. I'm going to have to start a fund-raiser, get a bunch of plane tickets, force you to use some vacation hours and knock down your door with a bunch of boardgames in hand and playgrounders in tow.
    Jayden: I would want to be in that theoretical game so bad.

19. - Top - End - #1219

Guys, help?
    Why would you need help?
    The Party waits for nopony.
    You will love The Party.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Troll in the Playground

Awesome.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1221

Jayden: I would want to be in that theoretical game so bad.
    If you all were to come here, and I could get to play boardgames with all the playgrounders and get to meet you all in person, I might, in fact, die with happiness.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Troll in the Playground

If you all were to come here, and I could get to play boardgames with all the playgrounders and get to meet you all in person, I might, in fact, die with happiness.
    ...Always a downside.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

I would be okay with this!
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #1224

Jayden: Nothing ever dies
    Charger: All right, off to work. I leave you with the worst pun.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not as bad as Midnight's pun earlier on the page.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1226

Well, I wouldn't die, but I can't guarantee the happiness wouldn't knock me senseless.

...Carmel is not dancing.

Ouch. If Thanqol (or his aspects) hadn't shuffled off to work, I'd borrow Kris's spritzer.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

I think so. I got my own Element. But I tend to randomly appear and disappear in this thread.

Guys, help?
    YOU ARE NOT COMPLEAT...?

Men, prepare the altar. We have a subject tonight to make... compleat.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I wouldn't die, but I can't guarantee the happiness wouldn't knock me senseless.

...Carmel is not dancing.

Ouch. If Thanqol (or his aspects) hadn't shuffled off to work, I'd borrow Kris's spritzer.
    I would bring both shaving cream and a sharpie, just in case.

And I would loan it to you, in exchange for you writing up some of the other Equestrias on your chart.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Titan in the Playground

I would be sad that a bunch of adorable ponies didn't show up.

Then, you know, the dying of happiness. That too.

Spoiler
    Show
    I...I don't get it. And that scares me, because this means this will be spectacularly bad when it finally clicks. Half from the bad pun, and half because I don't see it now. Eeep.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So there.
    Are we going to have to have a Crisis to resolve this? I'll crisis infinitely if I have to!

Also, congrats. Also also, harumph. I named it first. You're lucky I gave you 2, Midnight!
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-09 at 08:20 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com