New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns [FINISHED!]

The year is 20XX. The planet is some god-forsaken desert ****hole of a planet. A miserable excuse for a giant lump of rock and sand that somehow only barely qualifies as 'habitable.' The only reason anyone lives here is because centuries ago some colonists crash-landed and have been fighting for survival ever since. Technologies have been lost. Machines can make this brown murky liquid that somehow qualifies as water, or grayish slabs that are supposed to be rations but are better served as construction bricks.

The planet is called Gunsmoke. Oh sure, there have been attempts to give it a proper name: Earth Beta, Altair, Persephone, 42g808-Alpha-Omega, Bob. But the majority of its denizens recognize it by the name which is most appropriate. A planet which smells of gunpowder and hot lead and blackened blood and cauterized wounds. A planet with an economy paid in blood and bullets. A planet of outlaws, assassins, bounty hunters, soldiers, mercenaries, thugs, thieves, murderers, and jaywalkers.

Oh, speaking of which...

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show
    "So yer bookin' passage to Paradiso then? If ye want my advice ye'd best be headin' to the opposite end of the planet. Lots o' bad blood goin' down there. But maybe that's why yer goin' in the first place, eh? I don' judge. I e'en 'eard there's a big prize waitin' fer the last man standin'. More than jus' money or power. But a new weapon. High-grade. Custom-designed. One-of-a-kind. E'en our good ol' glorious Republic is lookin' to get their hands on it."

"But enough small talk. Jus' need some personal info fer yer ticket. Standard procedure 'n all. No I don' care how much o' a bada** ye are. Same rules apply tae everyone.

Name, Rank/Title, Faction: "Where applicable. I realize some of ye are more independent than others, and many o' you probably don't have any rank, but I bet ye have a nickname or a title or somethin' even if yer just a no-good outlaw. Now's the time to brag."

Description: "Jus' stand in front o' the camera an' we'll go from there."

Weapons/Skills: "Ye can carry whatever ye want on the train, we jus' we need tae know what yer packin'. I'd tell ye it's fer security purposes, but that'd imply there'd be security. Heh."

Secret: "Er... no need to be up-front about this one. Jus' slip a lil' somethin' under the table if ye get my drift." ((PM this to me unless you want to lose REALLY quickly.))

A few bounty posters hang on the wall. ((Sample Profile))

Name: Vash the Stampede
    Description: Blond, spikey-hair. Long red trenchcoat. Goofy disposition.
    Weapons/Skills: Single large, silver pistol of unknown make and design. Unusual tendency to survive gunfire and firefights unscathed. Limited healing factor. Tendency to cause mass destruction wherever he goes, albeit possibly indirectly.
    Secret: Is actually a plant.

"An' here's some light readin' for you."

Game Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show

I Character creation

1. Post your character's name and a description in the recruitment thread.
    1.1 The name should be appropriate for the theme of the game.
    1.2 The description should include at least the character's favored method of killing. Other details on his appearance, personality and modus operandi are also appreciated.
    2. Send the Narrator your character's secret in a PM. What the secret is depends on the theme of the game, but it is usually a secret identity or vulnerability.

Secret: PM this to me: do NOT post it on the game thread. This may be a skeleton in your character's closet or an actual physical weakness.

II The game round

1. The Narrator post a list of all remaining characters, and a list of secrets that are connected to those characters.
    2. Send the Narrator a PM with a guess. If you can guess correctly which secret belongs to which character, that character dies at the end of the round. Write your guess in the following format: [character] is [secret]
    2.1 Once you've sent your PM, you cannot change your guess. The only exception to this rule is that if your target is invalid, you can change your target.
    2.2 You can only target characters and secrets listed by the Narrator.
    2.3 You cannot target your own character, but you can target your character's secret.
    2.4 The deaths occur simultaneously, and thus it is possible for two characters to kill each other, or even for all remaining characters to die on the same round.
    2.5 If two or more players kill the same target, it counts as an assisted kill for each of the players.
    2.6 If you don't send a PM to the Narrator, or your PM does not have a valid guess in it, you are considered to be absent on that round. Two consecutive absences result in auto-elimination.
    2.7 You are allowed to send your guess in advance if you know you'll otherwise be absent on a round. You may include conditions as necessary to avoid choosing an invalid target.
    3. You may roleplay your character in the game thread. It is not obligatory, but it is recommended.
    4. You may make pacts with other players. A pact may be public (made in the game thread) or secret (made in PMs). In either case, any such pacts are non-binding.
    5. When 72 hours (3 days) have passed or everyone has sent in their PMs, the Narrators narrate the deaths and lists all guesses made that round. The guesses are listed in the following format: [character A]: [character B] is [secret] (miss!/HIT!)
    6. The Narrators checks how many players are left.
    6.1 If there are no characters alive, the game is over and there is no winner.
    6.2 If there is one character left, that player wins the game. If there are two characters left, the one with more kills wins; if it's still a tie, unassisted kills determine the winner.
    6.3 If there are three or more characters left, a new round begins.

Player list
    {table=title]#|Player|Character|Title|Secret|Fate
    1|rakkoon|Sergeant Mendoza|AKA the Savage Sergeant|Only wears red silk underwear|Shot in the head by Poncho Sanchez
    2|Zar Peter|Carlos Pedersolios|AKA the Right Fist of the Devil|is afraid of spiders|was killed by a giant f***ing mechanical spider.
    3|Penguinator|Cardinal Oritharos|AKA the Omen|has a relentless mother-in-law|was dismembered by said relentless mother-in-law.
    4|Amidus Drexel|Poncho Sanchez|AKA the Gunslinger for Hire|has a literal skeleton in his closet|was buried alive with the skeleton by Cardinal Oritharos
    5|Grim ranger|Barrabas|AKA the Breaker|is afraid of scorpions|was stung to death by a swarm, courtest of Cardinal Oritharos.
    6|Lex-Kat|Velvet McEntyre|AKA Old Man Gilicutty|used to ride in the Confederate cavalry|was exploded by a traitorous Confederate after taking one last stand thanks to the Cardinal's words.
    7|Szilard|Ol Dino|AKA the Dinosaur Hunter|carves marshmallow sculptures of Jane Austen characters|walked away with the Briefcase and won.
    8|Komodo|Agent 7104|AKA the Professional|was addicted to stimulants|had his medication swiped and shot by Ol Dino
    9|C'Nor|Undisclosed|AKA the Lilium|Used to work for the government|Was assassinated before he/she could get on the train *cut due to inactivity*
    [/table]
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-07-05 at 04:44 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns

ooh shiny new thread . I would like to join. More info when I have a keyboard.

EDIT: I can haz keyboard

Name: Sergio "the Savage Sergeant" Mendoza
    Description: Rotund, constant confused expression, moustache
    Skills
    Ricochet : while a bit chubby, he's not really fat. He's round because there is a metal sphere that he wears as an armour. All bullets bounce of this armour.
    Cunning linguist: he can speak 24 languages fluently, 16 with an accent and can order a beer in 22 more languages. He tries to hide his linguistic skills but is not very good at it.
    Whip: he has a whip with an exchangeable end. The end can be a a electrical wire, an explosive tip, a barbed wire, etc.
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2013-06-17 at 11:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

3. - Top - End - #3

I'll join!

Name: Carlos Pedersolios

Description: A well fed, good looking man with a trimmed full beard. He wears a jacket, shirt and blue jeans, all of which are not very clean. He loves to eat beans. Don't call him fat. Please don't.

Weapons: Carlos is specialized in two weapons, his right fist and his left fist. If threatened he can use a gun but in fact he loves to come near his enemy and gives it a good beating.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

So in on this. Character to be written up when I'll wake up.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Extra points if your character's name follows the format:

[Name] the [Title]

Even more if you can work alliteration in there.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Name: Cardinal Oritharos
    Title: The Omen
    Faction: Church of the Shining Light

Description: A former bounty hunter that "saw the light," he was sent to Gunsmoke as a missionary. What he didn't tell his supervisors was that many of the ilk found there were beyond salvation.

A tall, thin man with a mustache. He always wears his robes, which make him somewhat easy to spot; but oftentimes, the fear he inspires is worth it. He wears a large-brimmed hat and a pair of goggles to keep the sand out of his eyes.

Skills:
    Unsettling Reputation: Although Oritharos became a holy man years ago, his reputation as a bounty hunter precedes him. There are many who tremble in fear at the mere mention of his name.
    Charisma: The Cardinal has a way with words. His deep, booming voice has spread his teachings to many, and he is a handsome fellow besides.
    Tracking: As a bounty hunter, Oritharos knows how to keep a sharp eye on his targets. Not to mention a rifle trained on them at all times.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-06-17 at 02:21 PM.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Old Man Gilicutty. But most call her Velvet McEntyre, but only behind her back and out of earshot.

((Just to be clear, her name is Velvet McEntyre. Her title is Old Man Gilicutty. ))

Description: A crazy middle-aged woman wearing dirty trousers; an over-sized, flea-ridden, cotton shirt; a crushed brown velvet hat; muddy boots, and an obvious fake beard. She smells as bad as she looks.

There's a wiiiiild look in her eyes, and most people know not to point out how obvious it is she's not a man. Last person who did so, was shot down before he finished laughing at her.

Those that knew her before she went mad say she was a beautiful woman once. Most don't see it anymore.

Weapons/Skills:

1} A quick-draw with deadly aim.

2} There's a knife hidden in her pants.

3} If all else fails, she'll bite and claw the dickens out of ya.

Secret: Shhhh! It's a secret!
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-06-18 at 02:07 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Name: Poncho Sanchez
    Title: , Gunslinger Wanted for Hire (and Petty Larceny).
    Faction: Independent Mercenary Gunslinger's Union of Outlaws.

Description: Sanchez is a skinny and very short Irishman. He always wears a brown poncho, even inside; hence the name "Poncho". Sanchez carries two .38 revolvers in holsters on his belt, and has bandoliers crossed in an X over his chest.

Skills: The guns are all just for show: Sanchez is actually a ninja. He kills silently by ritually beheading his enemies with a long knife he keeps under his poncho.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-06-17 at 03:46 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

I shall has a character up within a few days.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Name: Barrabas Cauthon
    Title: The Breaker

Description: Perpetually smirking, heavily muscled caucasian man in his 30's. Barrabas is sporting blonde buzz cut and long scar across the right side of his face that also runs over his eye, limiting his vision somewhat. He wears old-fashioned gray military uniform the sleeves of which have been cut off, leaving his gleaming, chrome-colored metallic arms visible. Only weapon he carries is massive warhammer.

Skills:
    Fists of steel: As a result of military experimenting with occult, Barrabas has had his fleshy arms replaced with ones of living metal. They can shift shape into weaponry and other things if needed, and pack just as much punch as one could expect from metallic fists with no need to follow the limits of how hard human being can normally punch something.
    The Breaker: Whenever using his warhammer or his metallic fists, Barrabas is very apt at demolishing everything in his path and tends not to be subtle when he attacks. In his own words: "Subtlety is thing of philosophy, not combat: if you plan on killing someone, you might as well kill them a whole lot."
    Why won't you die?!: The Breaker is frankly hard to kill: many times he has been apparently shot dead, only to get up and complain about new holes in his coat. Nobody knows what exactly is the reason to his apparent ability to bounce back from death's door.
    Last edited by Grim ranger; 2013-06-17 at 02:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns [RECRUITING]

All looks good so far, but so far the only one with any secret to exploit/blackmail is Penguinator.

Get them skeletons in the closet!

Also new (completely cosmetic and inconsequential) rule. If your character doesn't have a Title by the time the game starts, I'll be making up one for you.

We also have a new pretty chart in the OP, so now it's legitimate!
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-06-17 at 08:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Banned

I'm in, but not going to make my character right now.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Name: Agent 7104 (It's pronounced seven-one-zero-four. Not seven-one-oh-four)
    Title: The Professional
    Description: A clean-shaven, well-groomed gentleman who wears a navy-blue suit and tie. On sunny days, a fedora as well. Everything about him is bizarrely clean.
    Skills:
    Precision: The Professional smirks at those who waste dozens or hundreds of rounds on a single opponent. He carries a single handgun, but gets away with it because he can locate and hit weak points, either in anatomy or armor, with a single glance.
    Calculated Motion: Whether it's fists, knives, or bullets, Agent 7104 has a remarkable talent for not being where danger is. Sometimes by miles...sometimes by millimeters.
    Trained Hygiene: No matter what environment he passes through, he always remains clean and dry. Dust flees from his presence, mud does not stick. The power of dark forces? Or does he keep a detergent pen on him?
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Updated 'n' stuff.

Welcome aboard.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Ol' Dino

Description: More beard than man, Ol' Dino is the one you call when you need some hunting done. You see, Gunsmoke was not entirely uninhabited when we arrived. There were these creatures--scavengers, that lived off what little other life littered this wretched hive of scum and villainy. For lack of a better name, these were called dinosaurs. Having had many an encounter with these beasts (even taking his name from them), Ol' Dino has honed his killing skills. Of course, these dinosaurs are no longer a match for Dino, and he now prefers a more dangerous game.

Skills:

Rifle: With a telescopular scope and a claw bayonet, Ol' Dino's prized rifle is his weapon of choice. With it he can shoot for miles around--blowing your brains out before you even realize you're being hunted.

Dinoskin cloak: Claimed from one of his earlier kills, Ol' Dino can wrap himself up in the tough skin of a dinosaur, keeping him safe from harm.

Claws of Fury: Should the rifle prove unwieldy for close combat, Ol' Dino can engage in hand-to-hand combat. He has plenty of old claws about his person, including some on his dinoskin boots. With 'em, he can rend you to pieces.
    Last edited by Szilard; 2013-06-17 at 10:06 PM.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I did put in a title.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #17

Me three filler

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Updated.

So far we have 8 finished characters, one of which still needs to PM their secret (lookin' at you rakkoon).

If no one objects, I'll start this shindig this coming Friday, so three days left!

Bring your friends!

Bring your enemies!

Bring the pain!

19. - Top - End - #19

and what a lovely view that must be :)
    pm sent

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

20. - Top - End - #20

Default Re: Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns [RECRUITING CLOSES FRIDAY!!!]

Title: The right fist of the devil.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Thanks for the invitation! I'll be abroad until next week, so I think I'll have to pass. I hope you guys have fun killing one another though. :D

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

One day left.

Eight completed entries.

I'd personally like a few more, but I'm not going to delay recruitment forever.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

A complete, but probably-going-to-have-more-weapons-added sheet:

Name: Undisclosed
    Title: Lilium
    Faction: Freelance mercenary/assassin
    Description: A tall, thin, androgyne, pretty in some ways, with an odd, feral, look that for some reason draws people in rather than, perhaps more logically, driving them off; they usually wear a white leather jacket, with a three-headed wolf made of ice on the back and jeans festooned with various forms of metal. Their hair is neon-green, shot through with vivid pink, metallic violet dark enough to be almost black, and electric blue.
    Weapons/Skills:

Sister Gypsy: A small, long-barreled, .45 automatic, with several metal disks hanging from the grip so that it forms a makeshift tambourine. So long as Lilium has Sister Gypsy, those who pursue them will find that they move much faster than they should be able to. Sister Gypsy also has the odd property that any shot fired from it will utterly destroy any lock it hits, sometimes even blasting through walls to do so to those on the other side of one.

Stonebreaker: A heavy repeating crossbow, carved into an angel with broken wings and a cut throat, Stonebreaker seems capable of cutting through armor that it simply should not be capable of penetrating. It also seems to make Lilium luckier, keeping bullets from striking them, causing winds to stir up dust to hide where they are, and similar things, though this is hardly unbeatable.

Moonshadow: A large-barreled machine-pistol made of some strange black metal, and accepting only the palm-size bullets from the white leather pouch on Lilium's belt, or a similar strapped to their chest (though presumably, others could be made to fit it, it's just that most rounds are simply too small), Moonshadow's rounds seem to either trail lightning, which is quite likely to strike the same thing the bullet does, or be surrounded by a wraith of some sort, giving them a limited capacity to turn corners and similar feats.

Precise Shot: Lilium is quite skilled in the use of her various weapons, and almost always hits what she aims at.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2013-06-21 at 08:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Recruiting closes at midnight tonight.

With C'Nor we have 9 characters!

Wouldn't mind a few more, but this is doable.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Minor note: Her title is 'the Lilium', not 'the Lilian'.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Minor note: Her title is 'the Lilium', not 'the Lilian'.
    BRAIN PART ONE: "We don't NEED to keep the post open in a new tab while we edit the OP you said."

BRAIN PART TWO: "Shut up..."

BRAIN PART ONE: "What kind of idiot can't even remember one little word you said."

BRAIN PART TWO: "Grr..."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    BRAIN PART ONE: "We don't NEED to keep the post open in a new tab while we edit the OP you said."

BRAIN PART TWO: "Shut up..."

BRAIN PART ONE: "What kind of idiot can't even remember one little word you said."

BRAIN PART TWO: "Grr..."
    Even more confusing: The Lilim would have been even closer, and had yet another meaning. Which might have been appropriate, but then she'd need to be three people.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Circle of Assassins X

The sun rises over the desert sands.

The thick, rusted, gunmetal gray of the train zooms along the rail. In the Republic these things run without making any noise, and the passengers can't even tell when they start or stop because the ride's so smooth. Out here though, in the farthest reaches from what normal folk would consider civilized, the train rumbles along, constantly shaking as if it was going to fall apart any second, barreling towards the end of the line: Paradiso.

You made your way onto the train however you wanted. But something's off. Way too many Republic soldiers are on the train. Guarding something of importance in Car 7. Perhaps the enigmatic Briefcase is already on board? And who knows how many of your rivals are already on board?

Looks like Round 1 begins early.

The Players:

• Mendoza the Savage Sergeant
    • Carlos Pedersolios the Right Fist of the Devil
    • Cardinal Oritharos the Omen
    • Poncho Sanchez the Gunslinger for Hire
    • Barrabas the Breaker
    • Velvet McEntyre AKA Old Man Gilicutty
    • Ol Dino the Dinosaur Hunter
    • Agent 7104 the Professional
    • [REDACTED] the Lilum

The Secrets:

• ...is afraid of spiders.
    • ...is afraid of scorpions.
    • ...rode in the Confederate cavalry.
    • ...used to work for the government.
    • ...has a relentless mother-in-law.
    • ...only wears red silk underwear.
    • ...is addicted to stimulants.
    • ...has a literal skeleton in the closet.
    • ...creates marshmallow sculptures of Jane Austen characters.

The best stories always begin with a train heist.

Round 1 ends in 72 hours or when all guesses have been PMed to me.

Let your bullets and blood be your words.

The Briefcase is in Car 7.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-06-22 at 12:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Default Re: Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns [ROUND 1 BEGIN!]

Mendoza looks over the cover of "Pride and Prejudice", studying the other people on the train. They'll let anyone on these days. His round body takes two seats and the heist he has planned for months is about to take place

Spoiler
    Show

Supa Songs about me

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Circle of Assassins X: Smoking Guns [ROUND 1 BEGIN!]

Sitting in an aisle seat, the fresh and expensive suit of Agent 7104 stood out in marked contrast to the filthy seats around him. Beneath his suit lay his trusted hand cannon, no less polished than its owner. He checked his watch and noted the time. Of course, these old trains never run on time, which is why it was all the more important for him to be aware of it. Bullets were always in a certain place at certain times, and it was prudent to know the time so that the place could be avoided.

Reaching into his coat pocket, the Professional removed a ration bar and took a regulation-sized bite out of it. As he ate, he began skimming through dossiers containing personnel files given by his employer. It would be important to remain up to date on the information. With proper training on how to use it, information could save lives...or it could kill. Taking a short glance around the train, he began formulating rough plans on how to most efficiently kill every member of the train, starting on an individual level and moving from there to group strategies. he did not especially want to kill every member of the train: it was quite an inefficient way of accomplishing his goals. Still, it paid to plan. Quite well, in his case.

He took another bite.
    Last edited by Komodo; 2013-06-22 at 03:23 AM.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.