New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraF View Post
    Hi there. How do I set an avatar?
    User CP
    Edit Options
    Scroll down to "Miscallenous options" and either pick a preset one or insert a link.

Maximum size is 120x120 pixels.

Also, welcome to the playground and the thread
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks.

I'm that uh, uterus girl that Asta Kask invited here. You guys wanted me for something?

3. - Top - End - #933
    Bugbear in the Playground

First we want to give you hugs!
    Steampunk Urchin Lea by Akrim.elf
    Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Spider girl, spider girl,
    Leaves your head in a whirl
    She can swing from a web
    And then she will bite your leg
    Watch out, it's Lea The Spider Girl

4. - Top - End - #934
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    That is sad, although I am glad that awareness is spreading enough for there to be at least one student in there who knew how transphobic it was. ;_;
    I can't imagine how I would've felt / reacted if I had been in that lecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    My girlfriend's a Fine Arts student, and we've just come up with an awesome idea. Over summer, she'd like to use me as a model to make a project on gender and gender expression!

Dunno if this is going to happen or not, but it sounds like fun if it does!
    Sounds really nifty~

Quote Originally Posted by dpcris85 View Post
    So, last evening I attended a small high school reunion. Obviously our relationship status was one of the discussed arguments, and I felt really weird about referencing my boyfriend. So I didn't.

Maybe it was because I was very much in denial when in high school, and now I regret deeply that period of my life; or maybe it was because, being - as I like to say - 100% out, it's been a long time since my last "proper" coming out.

Anyway, now I'm ashamed of my behavior and I feel bad for "betraying" my identity. I wish June would come up earlier, so I can go to the Pride and make up for this fault of mine.

After this minor venting, we return to our previous discussion about... placenta?!? What the?
    *hugs*
    You're not betraying your identity, so don't feel like you are, okies?

Thought you might enjoy this, Kender. And others interested in similar things, of course.
    That was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Re PMS:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm sorry, but I can't help but cringe when someone says they'd like to have PMS (or, as I term it... MS). Take a look at this pretty little chart. Now, for some comparison. The chronic joint pain that disables me and has me walking around with a cane and unable to work? That ranges from 4 in a good day to 8 when I'm curled up crying and writhing. OK. Sounds bad, right? Well. My MS cramps? They pretty darned often get to 9. And yeah, that description isn't kidding when it says you demand ANYTHING to stop the pain. I once managed to get enough of a painkiller overdose that I ended up with a pulse of 40 or so and I don't want to know what happened to my blood pressure. All I know is that I finally was half-knocked out and slept for hours before I started to recover. So not only do I get completely excruciating pain every few months or so (THANKFULLY they don't always get to 9 in that scale. Sometimes they stay 7-8).

The thing about what's termed PMS (the cramps and such) is that it's not even a normal thing. It's a disorder. The proper term for it is dysmenorrhea. It's really not normal. A little pain or discomfort can be normal. But the PMS that makes some of us want to murder everything in sight in the most sadistic way possible isn't. So yes... it kind of makes me cringe when people day "Hey, I want that!". No you don't. You should want a normal cycle.
    *hugs, so many of them*

Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Sorry for the abrupt change of topic, but I could use some support at the moment. It's been a really bad week.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last week, one of my friends from high school (I'm a college senior right now) committed suicide. We weren't extremely close--he was 3 years below me and I met him because he was in my sister's grade, so we kept in touch but didn't chat on a regular basis--but he was one of the happiest people I know and it really came as a shock. The worst part of it was that the news traveled via Facebook, and though our mutual friends and my sister all know that I don't really use Facebook, no one thought to tell me about it until the following weekend, so any chance I had of making plans to head home for the memorial service and such is gone thanks to that delay.

So far as I know, the suicide isn't directly LGBTA*-related, but you're the most supportive people around, so I figured I'd share...and there's sorta kinda an LGBTA* connection for me personally. Like I said, he was one of the happiest people I know. I've been slowly coming out to my friends at college and the reactions have been mostly positive, and I've been thanking my lucky stars that I don't have it as bad as all the kids who have committed suicide due to bullying, rejection, etc., but I've still sort of been in a funk every time I told someone and they didn't react well (which, thankfully, has been rare). I figured I could tough it out, and sure I've been losing sleep and stuff but that's just because of final projects, right? And then out of the blue the person I thought absolutely least likely to even consider suicide does it without any warning--no note, friends didn't see anything coming, nothing--and, well, it's really ****ing depressing, you know?

Like, if he can just snap like that, how do I know I won't go off the deep end? I still haven't come out to my parents (much less mentioned the boyfriend ) and with the stress and anxiety and lack of sleep and everything else I don't know (A) how well I can maintain the façade for the folks between graduation and when I move across the country and don't have to really worry about the fallout and (B) how well I'd be able to take a bad reaction from either or both of them. I mean, I would never ever ever ever consider suicide myself, so far as I consciously believe, as I'm one of those people who'd love to download myself into a robot body and live forever and see the universe, I believe even a sucky life is much better than the alternative, etc. etc. etc., but such is the stuff nightmares are made of.

I've actually already had a nightmare or two: since this friend shares the same first name with my best friend in all the world who's practically a brother to me who's been having some family issues of his own, when my sister called and said "Hey [Dice], did you hear? [First name] committed suicide..." I experienced a few moments of absolute gut-wrenching, heart-stopping terror before she explained the situation, and those few moments came back to haunt me one particularly restless night.

So...yeah. Motivation to finish final projects is shot, haven't slept in two days, feeling depressed, life sucks right now.

EDIT: WHAT THE ***ITY **** ****ING ****!!

HIS FACEBOOK PAGE IS GONE! THE FACEBOOK PAGE WHERE EVERYONE WAS POSTING MEMORIES! THE FACEBOOK PAGE KEEPING EVERYONE UP TO DATE ON THE CEREMONY FOR HIM HAPPENING AT OUR HIGH SCHOOL AFTER GRADUATION! THE FACEBOOK PAGE WHICH, ACCORDING TO MY SISTER, WAS GOING TO STAY UP THROUGH THE CEREMONY TO COLLECT THOSE MEMORIES! GONE IN A ****ING EYEBLINK! ALL THE PICTURES, ALL THE STORIES, VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE OR A BY-YOUR-LEAVE!

That damn well better have been due to his family deleting it after saving all the info and just not getting the news around, and not because of some glitch or some "well-meaning" employee who saw the news story or some bull**** like that.

NOT COOL, FACEBOOK, NOT ***ING COOL.
    That sounds really awful. Lotsa sympathy for you and your friend's family and friends.

So G called me her girlfriend today. There are no words adequate to describing the strength of the happies this gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Natalie said she kept quiet out of fear of a beating.
    If you live a lifestyle where this is an honest fear why don't you take steps to mitigate it? Pepper spray. Martial arts. Dial 911 on your cell before beginning retaliation (the police show up awful fast if the get an emergency call and can't really hear anything).
    She shouldn't have to. :/
    Advice like this always places to onus on the victim.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #935
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks.

I'm that uh, uterus girl that Asta Kask invited here. You guys wanted me for something?
    Hello. I think that if you have questions regarding transitioning there are people here who can answer them much better than I can.

And we're always looking for new recruits for our upcoming world domination.

Just remember, politics and religion are banned subjects.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

6. - Top - End - #936
    Troll in the Playground

Welcome here, AuroraF!
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

7. - Top - End - #937
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    First we want to give you hugs!
    Last edited by AuroraF; 2012-04-28 at 08:12 AM.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Titan in the Playground

Natalie said she kept quiet out of fear of a beating.
    If you live a lifestyle where this is an honest fear why don't you take steps to mitigate it? Pepper spray. Martial arts. Dial 911 on your cell before beginning retaliation (the police show up awful fast if the get an emergency call and can't really hear anything).
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    She shouldn't have to. :/
    Advice like this always places to onus on the victim.
    It takes a few minutes for the police to arrive. In that time, she may well have lost a few teeths and cracked a few ribs. That will lead to pain, visits to the hospital and an appointment to the dentist. The latter two costs money she doesn't have. And yes, she really shouldn't have to.

ETA: AuroraF, that is one massively overweight cat. Poor thing.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2012-04-28 at 08:19 AM.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

9. - Top - End - #939
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Apparently the police don't always think their mandate includes protecting trans people...
    I'm sorry, there was a bit of static there. I heard you say that the police don't think their mandate includes protecting the people?

Thanks.

Haha, amusing self-introduction. Welcome! We just want to add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile.
    Oh and answer any questions you might have regarding uteruses, twelve-armed hugs, and basically anything else.

Sorry! I ate them all yesterday. Did you know people tend to look at you funny when you stand up to go get your fourth cheeseburger for dinner?
    Jude P.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

I think pepper spray and martial arts cost money which she doesn't have. She's on a fairly limited budget as it is.
    Oh yeah, she did say she didn't want to walk out because she didn't have the money to waste to leave her food behind.

Thanks.

Hello uterus girl! Welcome to the thread! I'm Kender, and I'm a cis, bisexual, feminist woman. I'm the thread's Resident Feminist and Resident Period Expert. And by "expert", I mean I talk a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post

Sorry! I ate them all yesterday. Did you know people tend to look at you funny when you stand up to go get your fourth cheeseburger for dinner?
    Yes, I certainly do! It's exam time, so I'm moving from Eating So Much Food OMG to Eating ALL THE FOOD OMFG!

Cheerfairy, Kenderwoman and Geologist by Succubus, Feminist Geomancer by Astrella, Kender Wizard by me

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Thanks.

First to give all the hugs and support you need

Then to give you answers

Then to assimilate you. Welcome.

Hello. I think that if you have questions regarding transitioning there are people here who can answer them much better than I can.

And we're always looking for new recruits for our upcoming world domination.

Just remember, politics and religion are banned subjects.
    Oo! I call the general that is in charge of morale. I can use my voice and my body.

D'awwwwwwwww! But he so cute!

I like this one. she's clever.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachu View Post
    You're fun to talk to. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by goletan
    Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

Besides, the dirty old guy is a staple of fiction everywhere.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the hugs and good wishes, guys.

Also welcome Aurora!

13. - Top - End - #943
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    I like this one. she's clever.
    Should we warn her about the drinks Lix hands out?

― Tim Fargo

14. - Top - End - #944

Should we warn her about the drinks Lix hands out?
    No. It is more funny to watch.
    She can swing from a web

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of the drinks (or anything else, really) Lix hands out, and their strange and varied effects, what effect would the standard '[item] of reverse [sex/gender but unfortunately not actually clear which]' (for purposes of simplicity, let's say a ring, the effects of which go away when it's taken off) have on trans*/genderfluid/androgynous people?

Edit:

My guess is that it comes down to whether or not it simply looks at the body of the imbiber, gets into the wearer's mind and reverses their gender identity, or looks at how they seem themselves and then reverses that, but it seems like the kind of thing you'd all be interested in, and that you might know more about...
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-04-28 at 10:17 AM.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Speaking of the drinks (or anything else, really) Lix hands out, and their strange and varied effects, what effect would the standard '[item] of reverse [sex/gender but unfortunately not actually clear which]' (for purposes of simplicity, let's say a ring, the effects of which go away when it's taken off) have on trans*/genderfluid/androgynous people?

Edit:

My guess is that it comes down to whether or not it simply looks at the body of the imbiber, gets into the wearer's mind and reverses their gender identity, or looks at how they seem themselves and then reverses that, but it seems like the kind of thing you'd all be interested in, and that you might know more about...
    For those whose gender identity does not match their sex, it allows them to freely and flawlessly match(changing the one it switches to match the other, but in both cases eliminating dysphoria) however a Ring of Alter Self (3x2x1.5x2000=18000gp) should do the trick and be quite invaluable for a high level social based character.

Hmm... I really like charisma, so I might just play an MtF in our next high level game. It will be fun. I think I'll playest my Queer Class. I named it that with love an affection, because it allows for every single kind of LGBTA+++ to use it. I'm thinking about giving it teleport as an SLA somewhere, usable only in order to support a fellow LGBTA+++. So basically Internet hugs for reals.
    And so doth the winds of destiny change my course for better or worse for the whole of time.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

Maturity is a word boring people use to describe themselves. And crazy is the word they use for fun people.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Firbolg in the Playground

Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Salads are great... and good for your figure.
    LGBTitP

Spoiler
    Show

Quotes about me!

19. - Top - End - #949
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

"I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

20. - Top - End - #950

Totally false.

Ever played the David Bowie drinking game? Every time to look at his crotch, take a drink. It makes the ending amazing.
    She can swing from a web

21. - Top - End - #951
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Totally false.

Ever played the David Bowie drinking game? Every time to look at his crotch, take a drink. It makes the ending amazing.
    Those are pretty amazing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

*Appears out of nowhere*

-Dance. @_@

Thanks.

*GLOMP*

Hi there! We indeed wanted you for the hugs, assimilation and to answer your questions, but also just to say hi.

*Makes salad noises*

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Must-

*Dances and disappears*
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
    Hello uterus girl! Welcome to the thread! I'm Kender, and I'm a cis, bisexual, feminist woman. I'm the thread's Resident Feminist and Resident Period Expert. And by "expert", I mean I talk a lot.
    Hi and thank you. Are there reasons here to make cis or trans distinctions? I saw an MtF button for sex but I didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
    First to give all the hugs and support you need

Then to give you answers

Then to assimilate you. Welcome.
    Thanks. What kind of stuff can you give answers to? Anything you know a lot about in transition in particular yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by bluewind95 View Post
    Also welcome Aurora!
    Thanks, thanks, thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't drink at all.

*Appears out of nowhere*

-Dance. @_@

*GLOMP*

Hi there! We indeed wanted you for the hugs, assimilation and to answer your questions, but also just to say hi.

*Makes salad noises*

Must-

*Dances and disappears*
    Hi to you too. So what all kinds of things do you know?

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Proof that gingerkind and cats are best friends. We will kill maim become friends with you all.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Hi and thank you. Are there reasons here to make cis or trans distinctions? I saw an MtF button for sex but I didn't like it.
    I'm not very fond of them either; since they are still very gender-essentialist. You don't have to use them though, I'm trans myself and don't really feel comfortable with using the MtF one.

Also, hi~
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

*Makes salad noises*
    Do I even want to know what kind of noises a salad makes?

Not particularly. Those are mostly just there so that if someone wishes to be specific about it for some reason, whether that be personal preference, to indicate that they're someone who questions could potentially be asked of, or whatever, they can.

Also, welcome! It's always nice to see new people about.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks. What kind of stuff can you give answers to? Anything you know a lot about in transition in particular yourself?
    We've got a whole bunch of different genders and orientations represented, just among the regulars. Let's see... we've got asexuals, demisexuals, bi/pansexuals, homosexuals, genderfluids, transsexuals (I think only MtF, though?). And probably more*.

Apart from that, we've got feminists, aliens, kobolds and assorted silly people.

So, ask about anything. I'm sure someone here has an answer

*I humbly ask forgiveness from anyone I might have forgotten.
    Spoiler
    Show

Challenge badge
    , courtesy of HeadlessMermaid.

Avatar courtesy of the talented Neoriceisgood. Features Pumpkin from my webcomic.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Mouse View Post
    transsexuals (I think only MtF, though?). And probably more*.
    There tends to be a larger amount of MtF transsexuals than FtM. Most of them that I know are actually along the lines of the girls who claim to be such for sex appeal, or popularity, or the shock of being different.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

I remember at least one FtM posting in these threads. Don't remember his name though.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

30. - Top - End - #960
    Barbarian in the Playground

* Is late to the party. Again*

Hi AuroraF. I'm actually pretty sure that I have similar questions a you do, so I'll just sit back here, and take advantage of the non-rival nature of knowledge.

Oh, and while I don't have any specific transition related knowledge, I have a large accumulation of useless trivia and a great store of very highbrow quotations to lend an air of intellectualism to anything you want to say or do.

Also, is it bad that I read this

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraF
    I'm that uh, uterus girl that Asta Kask invited here.
    as implying that you have some sort of uterus based superpower?

Re: David Bowie Drinking game and the Time Warp

I don't think I could even get to the end. At least not conscious anyway.

I always wondered why I had a strange desire to jump to the left as a small child. Huh. The more you know.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718