New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Magatsu ignored Nao's jibe; he was rather more concerned with the bizarre not-mountian in the distance.

Should've been paying attention, Magatsu.

Shut up.

You know I'm right. Eien Uzumaki's voice faded away with his usual laughter, and Magatsu gritted his teeth.

"Very well. I'll see what I can do with a freakish chaos-mountain." The smile Magatsu flashed Yuuki, Nao, and Suzume was all teeth. "I trust things will be more pleasant the next time you see fit to visit Third."

Then he was gone, making his way towards the mountain as fast as he could shunpo. It'd still take a while.

You don't even know what you're going to do, are you?

Shut up.

A bestial chuckle. You know I'm right, Magatsu. You can kill anything, we both know that, but how will you manage this?

Shut up!

Think about it for a while, hmm? Heh. Once you figure out what I'm telling you, I've got something to show you...

Eien Uzumaki's voice faded away as Magatsu made his way to the ruined Maggot's Nest in a newly-freshened foul mood.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

[3rd Division]

... now that Magatsu has snapped out of it enough to see dust rising from the mountain in the horizon, he might also notice that Nasumi is nowhere in his immediate vicinity. She's on the other side of the Division grounds, directing recently arrived firemen to put out the Division canteen.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Meh, I'm bored, soo...))

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "No one ever listens to my recommendations."

Kazuo adjusts his visor to see through the dust cloud and changes the eight stalks of his shikai into the plasma gun configuration.
    After the two Captains had departed, Kazuo's Vice Captain, Katisugo Ichimyouri appears.
    Captain Kazuo, the 12th Division Labs is now in Level 3 Lockdown
    Katisugo takes a step forward.
    Do you have any further orders?
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2011-03-12 at 12:32 AM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Orc in the Playground

"I am SO glad to see you all finally reaching an agreement, people. For a moment there I was expecting this gal to be executed by boredom."

At this point, Soushi dropped the Kyokko he had been using for a while now.

"I bring news of the current situation - assuming you've not been informed already. That crumbling mountain over there? It's a place called Maggot's Nest. High-seated officers should be familiar with it. For those who aren't, that's where Seireitei keeps its worst criminals, and between the explosions and the place falling apart, the prisoners are currently escaping. The last two people I've seen headed that way were Takahashi-taichou and Kujo. I assume the explosion must have been a last-ditch effort on the latter's part to create confusion - to what end, I do not know.

The prisoners at the lowest levels must NOT be allowed to escape under any circunstances. This girl here may be the last chance we'll get of obtaining intelligence regarding Kujo's intent, past events notwithstanding. For that reason alone, this discussion shouldn't have taken place to begin with. We have a Captain missing, possibly in need of help, and who-knows-how-many prisoners needing recapture and/or medical attention.

If the explosion is any indication, she might have a suicide device on her as well. We should restrain her ability to speak immediately, in case it's voice-activated."
    At this point, Soushi finally took the time to look Suzume in the eye. There was a hint of menace in his slit-like glare, but it might be difficult for others than herself to perceive it.

"Walls of iron sand, a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies. Standing upright, silent to the end. Bakudou 75: Gochuutekkan."

You silly people and your low-level restraints. THIS is how you restrain a criminal.

"This should help the 10th's squadron locate us and keep her sufficiently bound until they get here. We shouldn't take any more risks."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Orc in the Playground

At first, the entire squadron of Onmitsukido jumps at Soushi's sudden appearance. Sigint mearly looks over, somewhat accusingly towards Soushi.

"Of course, Soushi-sama. Do you think such a high-level Bakudo, in addition to the countless other Kido surrounding her, would restrain any damage the device she might have could cause? It would also signal our position to others."

"Also, might I ask where have you been since you last reported the Kujo sighting?"

He then looks around. "However, I do agree with you on the notion that we must begin immediately. Time is of the essence."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I am SO glad to see you all finally reaching an agreement, people. For a moment there I was expecting this gal to be executed by boredom."

At this point, Soushi dropped the Kyokko he had been using for a while now.

"I bring news of the current situation - assuming you've not been informed already. That crumbling mountain over there? It's a place called Maggot's Nest. High-seated officers should be familiar with it. For those who aren't, that's where Seireitei keeps its worst criminals, and between the explosions and the place falling apart, the prisoners are currently escaping. The last two people I've seen headed that way were Takahashi-taichou and Kujo. I assume the explosion must have been a last-ditch effort on the latter's part to create confusion - to what end, I do not know.

The prisoners at the lowest levels must NOT be allowed to escape under any circunstances. This girl here may be the last chance we'll get of obtaining intelligence regarding Kujo's intent, past events notwithstanding. For that reason alone, this discussion shouldn't have taken place to begin with. We have a Captain missing, possibly in need of help, and who-knows-how-many prisoners needing recapture and/or medical attention.

If the explosion is any indication, she might have a suicide device on her as well. We should restrain her ability to speak immediately, in case it's voice-activated."
    At this point, Soushi finally took the time to look Suzume in the eye. There was a hint of menace in his slit-like glare, but it might be difficult for others than herself to perceive it.

"Walls of iron sand, a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies. Standing upright, silent to the end. Bakudou 75: Gochuutekkan."

You silly people and your low-level restraints. THIS is how you restrain a criminal.

"This should help the 10th's squadron locate us and keep her sufficiently bound until they get here. We shouldn't take any more risks."
    Suzume
    "I'll tell you everything you'll need to know if you can cut a deal for me, Soushi." Suzume says just before the Bakudo hits her, silencing her for at least until tenth gets here.

Nao
    "I trust everything here is handled. Lieutenant Soushi, are you planning to stay in the area with Officer Kimi to hold your bakudo on her? If so, I ask that you and Officer Kageen keep me posted on her situation, as a personal favor." Nao once again looks at the girl on the ground, the passive look betraying a tinge of pain at seeing his fearless leader like this.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[3rd Division]

Yoshi scowls as things spiral downwards quickly, before breathing a sigh of relief at first Sigint, and then Soushi, arriving.

"I will stay here to help monitor the criminal until available members of 10th or another Division can properly take her into custody. I'll make sure all recordings are sent to the appropriate parties."

With that, he sends new energy into the Kido he had already cast, sealing any cracks in their structure, ensuring the continued security of the psychotic prisoner.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm afraid I lack the authority to even consider your offer, Suzume. I'll see what can be done about sparing your life if you're useful, but don't get your hopes up." Soushi replied.

"It might; I picked Gochuutekkan out of many others precisely because of its form. If she does have a suicide device on her, the pillars should keep the explosive force from spreading.

And the reason I'm not worried about giving away our position is the same reason I haven't made my presence known since I last raised the alert about Kujo's presence - I was scouting. With Takahashi-taichou headed in his direction, I was sure I wasn't necessary at that location anymore.

As things stand now, Suzume is quite possibly the last piece of Kujo's scheme left to worry about, the Nest's situation notwithstanding. A full report will be available at the Commander-General's desk 30 minutes after we're done cleaning up this mess."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Bugbear in the Playground

[10th Grounds]

Karite stands silent, looking at something that doesn't exist. A far away place, where he could live. Could be free.

"I'll be fine, I guess. I don't see anything I've got left to say."

He stands still in the middle of the room, before asking,

"Hey Seiko? Did you ever wonder why I never aged? We've known each other for at least a hundred years, and I haven't aged a day."
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki's attitude reverts back to its girlish innocence in response to Taro's offer.
    Yay! Piggyback ride Time!

She hops her way around behind Taro and hops onto his back holding herself on his shoulders. She points in the direction of the battle, shouting exuberantly:
    Onward to Battle!
    INVASION DAY (post collapse)

Taro Banzuke, 3rd Seat of the 10th Division:
    (Standing at crossroads in Seretei with Misaki, his men behind him and Misaki on his back)

Taro smiles widely as she speaks and jumps on his back. He adjusts his robes a bit as he looks back briefly at his men behind him and speaks assertively. "Let's go boys...i am sure we have plenty to do once we get there..."

"HAI!!!" the five men speak in a unisone response!

"Hold tight Misaki-chan!" Taro speaks quickly to Misaki, and then in burst of speed he and his men shunpo off at top speed

Taro had no idea what to expect once they got there, but he did know he would feel much better knowing Misaki wasnt heading into it alone. He knew they would be undoubtedly separated, as their duties were different, but he was going to protect her as long as he could.

--------------------------------

Arriving at the scene of the collapse

After a few minutes of shunpo they would all arrive at the destruction. Coming to a halt as they enormity of what had happened came into their view.

"oh my..." Taro spoke, his words low andserious, His eyes wide as he tried to get a sense of what was going on. This was horrible, and very troublesome. If the prisoners were loose, this could get bad VERY quick.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Misaki promptly hops off Taro's back to view the scene. Unfortunately its is not the pretty site that she had hoped for. Rubble was everywhere, and she could see other fellow shinigami scrambling to try and get control of the situation, her eyes widening in horror.
    T-This is...What could have done this?
    Misaki turns to Taro, the spritely look on her face transformed now into a far more battle-worn demeanor.
    I need to go and help establish the Kido Barrier, I'l try to regroup with your squad if I'm able.

Misaki may linger there for 5 or 10 seconds awaiting a reply from Taro before shunpo-ing off to locate one of the Kido Corp Officers already present at the scene.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Misaki promptly hops off Taro's back to view the scene. Unfortunately its is not the pretty site that she had hoped for. Rubble was everywhere, and she could see other fellow shinigami scrambling to try and get control of the situation, her eyes widening in horror.
    T-This is...What could have done this?
    Misaki turns to Taro, the spritely look on her face transformed now into a far more battle-worn demeanor.
    I need to go and help establish the Kido Barrier, I'l try to regroup with your squad if I'm able.

Misaki may linger there for 5 or 10 seconds awaiting a reply from Taro before shunpo-ing off to locate one of the Kido Corp Officers already present at the scene.

(At the edge of the destruction, with 5 other 10th Division unseated Shinigami)

Taro would look onto the scene wideeyed as Misaki spoke, as she hopped off his back and spoke of leaving Taro immediately looked down to her with a look of concern.

He would lightly put his hand on her shoulder before she would run off. Taro looekd at her with all the care and seriousness he could. "Please be safe Misaki-kun...if you need me..."he would trail off a bit not finishing his sentence

He took his hand off her shoulder, knowing she AND he should move on to where they were needed. He looked for a moment at her as she sped off, before blinking slowly and looking back over the destruction.

Taro then spoke to his men, as they all walked up to stand close behind him. "Looks like we have a lot of work to do... let's find the Captain...or whoever is in charge of what is going on..." Taro put his hand on the hilt of his zanpaktuo and rearranged his robes a bit.

Then in a flash, they would all shunpo off looking for someone in charge.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kayne650 View Post
    [With Natsuko, in the 4th Barracks]

"Okay, Natsuko-taichou. Just lead on and I'll..." Daisuke trailed off as his tails pricked up, feeling a very familiar reiatsu permeate a distant area. He'd felt that so many times that he could recognize it from any distance. Magatsu-sama was angry. Very angry. Daisuke just hoped that he wouldn't do anything too bad, because he couldn't just leave Natsuko-taichou alone here.
    Natsuko starts flash-stepping towards 4th, after sealing Karinmaru.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Pixie in the Playground

[3rd Division]

Shishimaru looked around rather helplessly, about to go retrieve the 10th division when the 2nd division squad got there. He was also about to leave to find Natsuko when Yoshi stated that he would stay with Suzume, and thought that maybe the 12th-seat could use his help. But then Soushi appeared, confusing Shishimaru further.

"Um, I'll go look get the 10th division here then, shall I?" Shishimaru said, starting to move away. He was just waiting for someone else to appear, as he was certain would happen.

[11th (or apparently 10th) Grounds?]
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    [10th Grounds]

Karite stands silent, looking at something that doesn't exist. A far away place, where he could live. Could be free.

"I'll be fine, I guess. I don't see anything I've got left to say."

He stands still in the middle of the room, before asking,

"Hey Seiko? Did you ever wonder why I never aged? We've known each other for at least a hundred years, and I haven't aged a day."
    Seiko sat down on the ground and decided that getting back up was not worth the effort. He looked at Karite quizzically as he spoke.

"Not really, Karite-kun. I mean, Shinigami all age at kind of sporadic rates, and we all seem to have their own reasons for it." He looked at Karite, a little confused. "But now that you mention it, I don't know. Is the question rhetorical, or do you know your reason?"

[Moving away from the 4th division]

Daisuke moved after Natsuko, keeping his Shikai unsealed and at the ready. Of course, he kept it out not as much to be careful as to keep the energy it gave him.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Titan in the Playground

Taiki Takahashi - The Rubble

It was impossible. There was no possible way anyone could have survived that. The cell couldn't have survived. He would be crushed under the weight of the mountain.

Still, Taiki had to be sure.

He trudged along the way, his burned arm wrapped and dangling uselessly at his side. A metal buzzing fills the air around him, but he pays it no mind. When the path became impassable, Taiki drew a heavy breath and smashed the stone with his powerful punch until there was a new path. And slowly he made it to the one place in the mountain no one dared to go. The one place, he knew, he would find a dead man's corpse buried in seki seki stone. And perhaps he might find peace there.

Officer Karashi - Awakening

Surprisingly, Karashi found himself in the last possible place he expected to be: the same place he had fallen unconscious.

Dragging himself to his feet, Karashi rubbed his nose. An odd smell filled his nostrils. He turned on a dime, but he was alone. His hand reached for his sword, though he knew that if anyone cared they could kill him with a second thought. He was not meant to fight enemies like these. Still, he moved slowly.

After finding his bearings, Karashi began to hustle. A few flashes of shunpo were enough to take him back towards base camp.

The shattering of rock in the distance stirred his curiosity. Stealing a glance towards the mountains, Karashi saw the end of Maggot's Nest. Even from a distance, it was majestic. Karashi almost smiled. But he had a job to do, and he cared enough to know that those crazy men were probably responsible. Captain Takahashi would have his head on a @#$@#@ platter if he didn't hurry the #$#@ up.

At this point it was highly unlikely one of the patrols didn't notice Karashi, or the fact that he was injured, or maybe that he smelled awful. I mean, the stench was suffocating.

So strong it could be smelled on anyone who had been near him in the last day.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

[Outside Maggot's Nest - various Shinigami]

Kazuma, Magatsu, Taro, Misaki and many other Shinigami who gather near the mountain are treated to a darkly comical view. Just around the borders of the devastation, crowds of Shinigami are arranging - butterflies flutter around, orders are shouted and there's a distinct feeling people are trying to do something.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem anyone has particularly good picture of what that something is. There's a bunch of Kido Corps members, easily recognized due to their distinctive outfits, surviving the rubble and shaking their heads. There's a bunch of 4th Divisioners, talking with 7th Divisioners about where to put a field hospital. Variety of folks, from variety of Divisions, who were just on patrol to find Kujo, surround the perimeter, giving each other queasy looks.

More people are trickling on the site each moment. But there's an atmosphere of hesitation - the big picture is missing.

Meanwhile, on the mountain...

[Ryouichi, Masaru, Kazuo]

The situation doesn't become much clearer as the leaders of Seireitei rush up the mountainside, towards the staggered movement. Indeed, in a way, it becomes less so - ridge and canyons, heaps of rubble and clouds of stone dust serve to obscure their feel for Reiatsu, noticeable when gatherings of Shinigami they could previously sense behind them are cut off by errant boulders containing sekisekki.

The indistinct forms turn out to be a crowd of shackled inmates, digging their way through their collapsed cells, coughing as the dust clings in their mouths, noses and lungs. They seem fairly dazed by the events surrounding them - few of them stumble and fall on their backs and knees as the Captains arrive. All in all, there seems to be about dozen of them.

Ryouichi and Masaru might hear strange rattling from their Reiphones - it seems someone is calling out to somebody using the radio setting, but it's near-impossible to make out who through the noise.

"-ada -chou -yu -mot -d -u -cop *rattle* -eques *whistle* -nce -tly *whine*"

Almost simultaneously, a moist shockwave brushest against their faces, and soon drops of hot water start raining on them. Kazuo's visor might see through the haze that a jet of water has breached the rock not far from them - maybe it's one of the pipelines drawing water from the Nest's water supply? In any case, it's mighty inconvenient and uncomfortable.

[Takahashi Taiki]

Slowly but surely, Captain of 10th burrows through stone, venturing deeper and deeper under the earth, until the wall he's been punching suddenly gives away and lets him into a part of the tunnels that had survived. It's path is strangely crooked, but he can still faintly remember it and conclude it's leading to the right direction.

Of course, there's hardly more ill-adviced place to be at the moment - Taiki's too far below the surface to be sensed by anyone else, and the damaged ceiling might collapse any moment now.

Even now he can hear faint rustling ahead in the dark - rocks sliding into another chasm created by the quake. If he remembers right - if his memory has any chance of being correct after the cataclysm - it should be just above the cell of the man he hates. It seems the roof has given in under the pressure.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Outside Maggot's Nest]

Misaki was busy establishing the Kido barrier in her designated area. The influx of reiatsu coming from both the arrival of Shinigami squads by the minute, and the rubble of whatever this installation was were slightly throwing off her concentration on her Kido. She had never seen so many Hell Butterflies in one area and gazed at the small creatures as they fluttered effortlessly through the air.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Orc in the Playground

"What the devil?" Kazuma explains past his pipe. He's a-puffin', naturally.

"Can anyone explain to me what's going on here?" He asks one of the Shinigami that seems relatively less busy.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Orc in the Playground

[Mountain]

Ryouichi frowns as he notices the inmates, as well as the incomprehensible static from his reiphone. However, the former was much more important at the moment. The water doesn't really bother him.

"Sōren Bakudo #4: Hainawa!" Holding a rope composed of energy in either hand, Ryouichi skillfully manages to lasso several inmates with ease, as would be expected of a bakudo specialist of his purported stature.

Without a breath, he looks to his fellow captains. "It would appear that things are as bad as we worried."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post

Kazuma, Magatsu, Taro, Misaki and many other Shinigami who gather near the mountain are treated to a darkly comical view. Just around the borders of the devastation, crowds of Shinigami are arranging - butterflies flutter around, orders are shouted and there's a distinct feeling people are trying to do something.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem anyone has particularly good picture of what that something is. There's a bunch of Kido Corps members, easily recognized due to their distinctive outfits, surviving the rubble and shaking their heads. There's a bunch of 4th Divisioners, talking with 7th Divisioners about where to put a field hospital. Variety of folks, from variety of Divisions, who were just on patrol to find Kujo, surround the perimeter, giving each other queasy looks.

More people are trickling on the site each moment. But there's an atmosphere of hesitation - the big picture is missing.

Thankfully, that hesitation is short-lived. Before long, members of the 8th Division arrive. They are arriving in force, with members from most of the various special sub-divisions. They quickly began organizing everyone present to follow the orders of the Commander-General, per Captain Masaru's instructions.

Quick-set command posts were placed in the 4 cardinal directions (north, south, east, west) around the Maggot's Nest, and 4 triage stations were place equidistant between the command posts (northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest). From there, individual groups were given assignments.

The 7th were split between those helping set up camp (approximately 1/3 of the total present forces), those tasked with keeping the collapse from spreading beyond the mountain (another 1/3), and those tasked with attempting to stabilize the mountain and clear passageways as best they can (the final 1/3).

Those from 4th were split evenly between the triage stations and standby teams who would head in when called for by the 7th and those accompanying them.

Any 5th Division present were aided by members from Tactical Symbology in setting up secure communications, including the use of semaphore relays around the perimeter. A few were asked to help the search teams, primarily by relaying messages out to the waiting 4th Division paramedic teams.

Those from the Kido Corps were primarily tasked with barriers to contain the disaster, but some were asked to aid members of the 7th heading into the mountain.

Finally, any members of 10th, 8th, or other Divisions who were present and not engaged in helping out at the command posts were tasked with helping the 7th, both in the search and rescue efforts themselves, as well as providing security against potentially dangerous inmates.

All in all, the firm guidance of 8th Division helped turn what might have been deadly hesitation and chaos into firm resolve and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Mountain]

Ryouichi frowns as he notices the inmates, as well as the incomprehensible static from his reiphone. However, the former was much more important at the moment. The water doesn't really bother him.

"Sōren Bakudo #4: Hainawa!" Holding a rope composed of energy in either hand, Ryouichi skillfully manages to lasso several inmates with ease, as would be expected of a bakudo specialist of his purported stature.

Without a breath, he looks to his fellow captains. "It would appear that things are as bad as we worried."
    [Mountain]

"Possibly even worse."

Masaru keeps his eyes sharp, one hand still gripping his katana firmly, the other poised to strike out with Kido if necessary. He debated helping restrain the inmates, but decided against it. Ryouichi's bindings would suffice.

"As much as part of me would like to press on, it might be more prudent to not venture too deep until the teams from 7th have had a chance to start propping up the mountain. We don't want to run unnecessary risks."
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-03-17 at 08:57 PM.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "We don't want to run unnecessary risks."
    Taiki Takahashi

Speaking of unnecessary risks, Taiki presses on as soon as he finds what he's looking for. The metal whizzing stops, but Taiki's left hand tightly grips an invisible hilt to an invisible sword. Slowly he walks forward, his steps silent against the rock and what remains of the deepest tunnel of the deepest cavern of Maggot's Nest.

Every few steps, the rock above would quiver. It was slight, but it was enough to give even Taiki pause. He had been careful. If the supports of the remaining mountain would not hold, Taiki had a plan. He could survive a cave-in long enough to reach the surface. He was confident. Possibly too confident. But he had still won. Kujo was gone. He had been destroyed. A blade to the heart and an explosion to the face. Taiki had defeated one of the worst enemies of Soul Society. How could he not feel confident? His worst foe was locked away now. He would not escape. Taiki would be certain.

A few more steps and he would reach the trap door where, just below, a masked man was waiting for his death day.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mountain - Kazuma]

The "relatively less busy" Shinigami turns out to be an elderly Kido Corps member who is looking at the collapsed structure with obvious annoyance. "Hell I know!", the man snarls. "All I know is that we get called to the middle of nowhere to clean up after you Gotei chumps! What's this place supposed to be anyway?", he foams, beckonning angrily towards the Nest. "Go pester someone else!" He shoos Kazuma to the direction of Misaki, who is struggling to contribute to the rather daunting task of sealing off a whole mountain.

[Mountain - Ryouichi & Co]

Ryouichi surrounds four hapless prisoners with his spell, unwittingly knocking them off their feet as the rope of bright energy constricts around them. One of the prisoners, a greying little woman with milky eyes, does not take kindly to this. "What the hell do you think you're doing, brat!", she screeches, "The darn mountain is coming down around our ears! How the **** are we supposed to get down from here like this!?!"

This rouses the other inmates some, and those also bound join her in an angry affirmation. "Let us walk you morons! It's not like we can do **** with these shackles on anyway!"

Those not yet caught try to hastily scramble away from the rain of hot water, desperate to get down from the heights before anything more disastrous happen. Several bursts of static can be heard from the Captains' Reiphones again, but they're still just noise.

Then, Ryouich gets a distinct feel that he's being watched - and a moment later, a female voice echoes in his head, clear as day.

"Tsukada-soutaichou, this is Yamamoto-fukutaichou. Your presence is requested for a situational overview as soon as possible. Over."

Then the voice cuts off, as abruptly as it started. A rough guess would be that she used a combination of #58 Kaku****suijaku and #77 Tenteikūra to find and alert him.

Below, myriad Shinigami scurry about like little ants as they build a blockade around the disaster site. From the heights, it doesn't seem all that impressive, but it's sure to do its job. The mountain is largely untouched yet - engineers from 7th are waiting for heavy equipment to arrive.

[Deep underground - Taiki]

Taiki's toes soon touch the edge of the door's lid. It's alarming - it seems the quake has moved it from its hinges. Taiki doesn't have much time to ponder on this event, as a sudden increase in the rustling sound alerts him to something much worse - something is moving in the dark. Almost immediatly after, a sharp chunk of sekisekki speeds from his left and towards his head...

---

It had been a daunting task. After the roof of his cell had collapsed, Hannibal had only barely avoided being crushed under a sharp pillar of rock. But he'd survived, and the event had given him a way out. In theory.

It took him many tries before he managed to jump high enough and grab a sharp ledge overhead to haul himself up. He fell down on his back several times, and it was close he didn't hit his head and knock himself out, or worse. But eventually, he got up, and carefully felt his surroundings - it seemed he was down in a deep chasm, and would need to brace himself between the walls to get further.

Each move, each exertion of his bleeding body left him feeling like strenght was being drained from hi body - years in prison sure had taken their toll. Yet at the same time, the experience of crawling up from the abyss was exhilarating, as if bringing back good memories from ages past - maybe he'd done something similar in another life?

Eventually, his hands reached a level surface, just beyond a small crack above. It tore away his clothes and skin from his back to squeeze through it, but he made it - made it to what felt like an open space.

There, he stopped to rest and catch his breath for a long while, until a sound froze his heart - sound of stone cracking and tumbling down. He was about to roar in rage and desperation, when he realized there was a rhythm to the sound - rhythm that had not existed in previous quake.

Someone, or something was coming.

He listened to it, counting the blows, until something unmistakeable broke through and hit the floor at the end of the tunnel (?) he was in. Quickly, he picked himself up, searching for a rock to use as a weapon. By accident, he caused some rubble to detach and fall to the pit in the ground, the faint rustling sounding like an avalanche to his ears. Grimacing, he froze still, hoping that whoever was coming had not heard it.

Because it could be only one person. Of course. Who else could even know to come looking?

Hatred surging in his veins, Hannibal seizes a sharp chunk of rock in his hands. He can't see, it's too dark, but he can feel the presence approaching, as an instinct or sense that has lain dormant for nearly a century awakens from its slumber. Still as a tiger waiting to pounce at its prey, he waits, until whoever's coming can't be more than few yards away.

Then he leaps forth, swinging the boulder, aiming slightly below where he'd believe certain Takahashi Taiki's head to be...

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Orc in the Playground

There wasn't much Kazuma could do at this point. He was no engineer, no builder; and he certainly wasn't proficient enough with Kidou to help with the barrier. All he knew how to do was hurting people. And gardening.

He'd never felt this useless in his entire life.

He decided to scout the edges to make certain no prisoners escaped the perimeter.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Thankfully, that hesitation is short-lived. Before long, members of the 8th Division arrive. They are arriving in force, with members from most of the various special sub-divisions. They quickly began organizing everyone present to follow the orders of the Commander-General, per Captain Masaru's instructions.

Quick-set command posts were placed in the 4 cardinal directions (north, south, east, west) around the Maggot's Nest, and 4 triage stations were place equidistant between the command posts (northeast, northwest, southeast, southwest). From there, individual groups were given assignments.

The 7th were split between those helping set up camp (approximately 1/3 of the total present forces), those tasked with keeping the collapse from spreading beyond the mountain (another 1/3), and those tasked with attempting to stabilize the mountain and clear passageways as best they can (the final 1/3).

Those from 4th were split evenly between the triage stations and standby teams who would head in when called for by the 7th and those accompanying them.

Any 5th Division present were aided by members from Tactical Symbology in setting up secure communications, including the use of semaphore relays around the perimeter. A few were asked to help the search teams, primarily by relaying messages out to the waiting 4th Division paramedic teams.

Those from the Kido Corps were primarily tasked with barriers to contain the disaster, but some were asked to aid members of the 7th heading into the mountain.

Finally, any members of 10th, 8th, or other Divisions who were present and not engaged in helping out at the command posts were tasked with helping the 7th, both in the search and rescue efforts themselves, as well as providing security against potentially dangerous inmates.

All in all, the firm guidance of 8th Division helped turn what might have been deadly hesitation and chaos into firm resolve and direction.

(at the scene of the collapse, with 5 other 10th division unseated)

Taro shakes his head a bit, and looks back to his 5 men. At that moment a large cadre of 10th Division members of all ranks showed up, near the 3rd Seat. The orders were flying from all directions it seemed, but Taro knew his job at this moment. Or at least he knew what eh and his men were going to do.

Taro quickly gathered the 10th Division members close and relayed the organizational orders. Taro then sent out the majority of the group (save the 5 members whom had been with him), to follow those orders and work in coordination with the other divisions, per the command structure. He sent them off with a large "GO!" which was followed by an even larger division response of "HAI!" as they ran off.

Taro kept the 5 men whom had been with him from arriving apart. He looked to them, one older unseated Shinigami looked unfazed, but the other four looked as if they were in shock almost, the destruction and large assembled force for cleanup seemed to bring them out of their comfort level.

Taro smiled to them, and bent down slightly as they looked to him. Taro spoke confidently to them. "Now...you five...you are coming with me, I am sure there are some 'people' who need our special attention..." (referring to prisoners)

Taro them smiled largely and adjusted his robes, as he turned and looked to the rubble...still speaking to them "...let's go, i have a feeling not all of this is going to be fixed by cleaning up some stone and dirt..."

A brief look back to them men, and a nod, and they shunpo'd off towards the rubble, but seemingly around it. Taro wanted to do close observation from some of the less populated sides of the destruction, in case any prisoners thought they could slip out.

-----------------

(Near collapse, away from the masse of gathered Shinigami)

Taro saw them after a while, it was a group of about 15 prisoners, loosely gathered together ducking in and out from behind large rocks moving away from the rubble. It looked even like their shackles were off, as he saw their hands free. One could never be too safe with prisoners, but this was no time to be safe.

Taro stopped his shunpo, with his men stopping too, behind a large boulder barely big enough to hide the large Taro, but along the route the escapees were taking. His back against the boulder he looked to his men and brought his large hand up to his lips and quietly said "shhhh....escapees" as he pointed with his thumb behind him around the boulder.

Each man snuck up to the edge of the boulder and peered around it, each seeing them before returning back behind the stone boulder and the flesh boulder of Taro.

Taro looked to them sternly. "These men need to be apprehended immediately, do not take them lightly...and do not hesitate...they have broken Soul Society law..."

Taro then peered behind the rock quickly, and then back to the men. He looked at them strong, then smiled very widely, he then adjusted his belt and strode out boldly from behind the large boulder. The escapees, were only 20 yards away as he did so.

"HO... HO.. HO..ho... what do we have here guys?" as his men came out behind Taro, with their hands on their swords hilts. "...looks like a bunch of riff raff thinking they can get away with breaking laws without paying the consequences..." he had both his hands on his belt and his stance was wide as he looked at them with a smirk. "...you think you are above the law eh?"

The escapees all stopped dead in their tracks, and gathered near a large man in front of them The escapees looked to be in good shape, and the man leading them was pretty big and strong, and had broken shackles at his wrists, his hands were somewhat bloodied, as were the other escapees broken shackles.

"This guy must have had his shackles broken in the collapse, and then went about freeing these other ones" Taro thought.

The escapees did not look scared, and the man in front of them definitely not. They seemingly made this choice knowing they might have to fight their way out. And here was their fight. Some of them were picking up rocks in their hands, a few had large pieces of broken wood with nails in it.

"Why don yooo...get out of our way fata$$..?" the large one said to Taro mockingly. "...there are a bunch of us..." (15) "...and you only have a few wimps and your larda$$...." laughing a bit to the other prisoners..
    "...make it easy on yourself fatso....let us by and go eat some cake...at least you will enjoy that" the large man said pumping his fist into his palm

Taro's stern look turned to a large smile...then slowly...started to laugh..."h..ha...hha...ha...ha....hahahaha...ha..HAAH...HA AHA HAHHAAHAHAHA.." His men behind him had faces of anger at the large man's words towards their 3rd seat. NO ONE talked to Taro that way.

"ha...ha...haha..ha...h....Oh my...you must have been in there for quite a while to talk that way...." he then took one LARGE step forward, BAM and was immediately in his Sumo crouch, his right foot forward and his large right hand with an open palm (curled fingers) directed at the escapees.

"...i was hoping you would come quietly and accept your fate...but it looks like you will be adding more than just attempted escape onto your list of crimes....but also ... ASSAULTING an officer of the Gotei....NOW COME ON!..." Taro's voice boomed to the escapees.

It was at this moment when one of the escapees, a pretty strong looking guy, dropped his rock. He timidly said..."oh...oh...my...that...that...that's Taro Banzuke!" the man ran forward towards Taro his hands in the air "Who's that?" one of the other escapees said back "he was a Yokozuna in the SSSWF (Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation)....he went 115 matches in a row without losing...you guys really must HAVE been in here forever to not know of him!"

"ah...a fan" Taro said as the man approached and dropped to his knees in front of him...speaking in all ernest "Banzukewaka...Banzukewaka!!... i am so sorry...i give up, please take me back to prison...i wont be a problem..." Taro then nodded and pointed him over towards a boulder to sit out of the way.....the man said "hai!" but then lingered a moment with his head down..."what is it!" Taro said "...um Banzukewaka...can..i get your autograph!!!" his head sprung up with a large boyish like smile...

Taro and the rest of the gathered Shinigami and escapees looked on for a moment quizzically...dumbfounded.

Then all of their jaws dropped to the floor! Well except Taro....

"Sure kid!! no problem!! Nothing i wouldnt do for a fan!!!" Taro said while easing up and belly laughing once "HA!" Then out of nowhere came a little piece of paper and a pen from inside Taro's robes, it looking like a toothpick in his large hands. He quickly signed his name with a flourish and handed it to the man, and pat him on the head like a little boy. "Now go sit down...I have some work to do..." he said as his voice and posture return to "serious" mode as he pushed aside the Sumo fan and escapee.

The escapees and 10th members all tensed back up. The escapees re-gripping their makeshift weapons, the unseated Shinigami with their thumbs under their tsubas.

Taro stood crouched his right hand and foot forward, his left foot back, his left hand slightly above his shoulder and beside his head.

"Enough of this $hit!..come on!!!" The large escapee then lunged forward into a run with a yell "YAAAAHHHHH!!!" the other men following suit with him

Taro smiled "bring it" he said softly to himself.

-----------------------

(at the collapse)

9TH DIVISION

9th Division squads are seen to arrive from multiple directions briefly (though not the whole division), only to then shunpo off in multiple directions (after butterflies reach the commanding officers). Few words were said by the officers, head nods and different types of pointing seemed to be the prevalent type of communication at the moment. They sped off to surround the mountain and observe and take notes of any stragglers, prisoners, or of any misconduct (by or towards prisoners) which might go unnoticed in such confusion.

---------------------

(Near Taro and his 5 unseated somewhere on the far side of the rubble)

9th DIVISION

A small 5 man (but there is one woman in it) squad of 9th Division members, observe from afar 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, Taro Banzuke and some of his men as they approach some seeming prisoners attempting an escape. They watch, but do not approach.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    INVASION DAY

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division: The Rukongai 63rd District, at the communications screen inside the Ryuunosuke Castle proper with five 9th Division members, speaking with the 5th Cpt.

Hirokatsu had long since stopped being embarrassed by Osamu's insistence on marrying his daughters and grand-daughters to Hirokatsu. And as such his demeanor did not change nor did any reddishness add to his cheeks, and most importantly, Hirokatsu spoke nothing on it. Though he couldnt help but feel his lips upturn slightly for a moment as Osamu again called him "young man", probably the only person in the Soul Society who woudl think Hirokatsu "young".

In fact marrying Goto to his family was an ongoing debate between the two of them, The Goto family had NEVER had a member of tis family marry in its entire history in Soul Society, as a means to call respect to their former lives as well as the fact that no Goto women had ever been found. There were no Goto women in Soul Society, and as such they constantly searched for them in the Rukongai, but never finding any they refused to believe they would not be found and as such they have never married as some of the men believe their wives still may be out there awaiting and looking for them from their time in the mortal world.

Hirokatsu had no memory of his mortal life, and no knowledge of whether he was a married man or not when he came to the Soul Society, and it had been almost 700 years since then anyways. Osamu knew this, and as the time ticked on, Osamu's nudging tended to make more and more sense to Hirokatsu, though as head of his family Hirokatsu he had to honor the ancient family beliefs.

Hirokatsu responded to Osamu professionally, remarking only on his questions to him. Osamu would know Hirokatsu well enough to know, that he made his point very clearly and Hirokatsu often didnt respond to something Osamu said when he had done this as such.

His voice was sure and direct, looking past his long eyebrows.
    "Sir, while i have no direct knowledge that the escaping Arrancar was the Primera or not, the reiatsu signature of the Arrancar/Espada whom attacked earlier was indeed the same one which had vanished and felt last in the area my men had felt and observed. The massive spiritual pressure my men had felt and seen depart through Garganta must be the same as the earlier, as they confirmed visually what i had observed in the earlier battle and felt in that vicinity. I feel decidedly certain, that whomever had attacked earlier has exited the Soul Society." the last part was a bit louder a was said more for his own men, to show his trust in their work as they knelt behind him.

"I did and still do believe her and her comrades actions (OOC--known to be deceased i believe), were only a feint for whatever is going on in the Seretei now, what i do not understand yet is the "why" such a grand feint was needed...as i have heard no communication on current events in the Seretei, and when last i left there were no sightings of Arrancar invading, it seems this powerful feint seems issued by a NON-Hueco Mundo based threat, and such partnering between Hueco Mundo and those outside seems a likely theory...and one of great concern"

after a moment...he looked back to his friend his eyes sure
    "As for my actions, indeed your concerns are valid. But as no one was sent to conform the exit of the supposed Primera, I felt the safety of the Rukon must be guaranteed not assumed. If that meant myself ONLY standing in her and her potential reinforcement's ways...then so be it. Even if only a hopeless battle ending in my death, it would register on the sensors and provide at least some extra time for defenses to be made for the Rukon and the Seretei..." after a brief moment and a long closing of his eyes...he would look again at the 5th Cpt...his friend..."..indeed my work is to command my division, but it is to command for the reason to protect...and no matter my rank, it is my duty to protect the Soul Society by the means i have available ("means" would imply "the freedom to act independently as head of the division and as such his previous actions"), even if it comes at the expense of the well-being of the 9th Division's future"

Hirokatsu knew Osamu knew all of this, but Hirokatsu felt it needed to be said aloud, almost as if he felt Osamu needed to hear the surety in his voice more than the words.

He would look up to the screen to the 5th Cpt, his stance sure, his eyes direct, it felt to Hirokatsu as if for the first time he felt and spoke with Osamu as a peer in the Gotei command structure. If still Osamu's junior by many many years.
    Osamu

The stately old man on the other side of the video transmission is silent in the face of Hiokatsu's declaration for a long minute or two, evaluating the other man with watery eyes before coughs begin to rack his body once more.

"A commendable attitude Hirokatsu-kun, but one that you cannot afford. As much as it pains me to say this, your, and my, primary duty is to defend the Seireitei itself as members of the Gotei 13. Your defense of those unable to defend themselves is a younger man's game and the duty of those shinigami not in charge of entire divisions." Osamu finally says sitting back heavily in the chair arranged in the 5th Division headquarters back in the Seireitei. "Also, if my information is correct, it would seem that the arrancar attack truly was a feint, but the actual assault seems to be in hand for the moment. I believe you wouldn't be remiss to return to the Seireitei now that the majority of the threat seems to have passed though some...irregularities still exist."

The old man doesn't leave much time to wonder about what he meant, continuing right on as he works under the assumption that Hirokatsu would be intrigued by the knowledge.

"At least one Hell Butterfly has not returned, not unusual in and of itself considering how fragile they are, but the timing just seems too...right to be pure coincidence. Have you seen anything in regards to something of that sort?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly don't know much about the whole 'missing hell butterfly' thing.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Osamu

The stately old man on the other side of the video transmission is silent in the face of Hiokatsu's declaration for a long minute or two, evaluating the other man with watery eyes before coughs begin to rack his body once more.

"A commendable attitude Hirokatsu-kun, but one that you cannot afford. As much as it pains me to say this, your, and my, primary duty is to defend the Seireitei itself as members of the Gotei 13. Your defense of those unable to defend themselves is a younger man's game and the duty of those shinigami not in charge of entire divisions." Osamu finally says sitting back heavily in the chair arranged in the 5th Division headquarters back in the Seireitei. "Also, if my information is correct, it would seem that the arrancar attack truly was a feint, but the actual assault seems to be in hand for the moment. I believe you wouldn't be remiss to return to the Seireitei now that the majority of the threat seems to have passed though some...irregularities still exist."

The old man doesn't leave much time to wonder about what he meant, continuing right on as he works under the assumption that Hirokatsu would be intrigued by the knowledge.

"At least one Hell Butterfly has not returned, not unusual in and of itself considering how fragile they are, but the timing just seems too...right to be pure coincidence. Have you seen anything in regards to something of that sort?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly don't know much about the whole 'missing hell butterfly' thing.

INVASION DAY

Hirokatsu Goto, Vice Captain (Acting Captain) of the 9th Division: The Rukongai 63rd District, at the communications screen inside the Ryuunosuke Castle proper with five 9th Division members, speaking with the 5th Cpt.

Hirokatsu heard Osamu's words clearly, yet he did not want to accept them as he felt he was NOT too old to protect the Soul Society. Hirokatsu was old, but he was still able to do what was called for. Hiroaktsu knew this discussion was far from over with Osamu, but he knew how Osamu had moved on, that it was for another time, and Hirokatsu agreed very much with that.

Hearing of the attack on the Seretei, Hirokatsu was startled to hear that the 'assault' had happened at all, making Hirokatsu shift his wait a bit as his brow furrowed slightly, and that it was 'in hand' was good, but that it was not entirely certain made Hirokatsu less than comfortable. But that it came to that made Hirokatsu worry. His men behind him shuffled slightly hearing of an "assault", though none of them spoke from their kneeling position behind Hirokatsu.

Hirokatsu almost interrupted Osamu at this point taking a breath and his mouth opening to say "....how did whomever assaulted the Seretei get in?"...but decided against speaking it and instead stood quietly listening

As Osamu spoke of the missing Hell butterfly, and of it being too much of a coincidence. Hirokatsu paused thinking for a moment, bringing his left hand up to stroke his upturned chin beard slightly a few times.

Hirokatsu looked up at the monitor, at his old friend, his eyes were open slightly looking through his long eyebrows. He spoke with some curiosity in his tone, as if he was throwing out ideas, albeit informed ones.

"hmmm....well...there were those fires that happened at the Kido Corps grounds....i'm not sure they were ever solved as to their cause...." he trailed off a bit as his hand again rose up to his face..this time stoking his long mustache a bit as he think "...and i think a young Kido Corps member went missing at that same time...i think it was a twin if my memory serves...i just assumed she had perished in the fire..." he trailed off again...thinking to himself... "...also..." he hesitated for moment... "...all the Captains being promoted to the Zero Division...that was only a few days ago..." he trailed off again....

Hirokatsu shook off himself vocalizing his thoughts. Looking up to Osamu, he said...with more surety "...Osamu-sama...perhaps if we relinquish our assumptions, we can come to find a course of action...if the girls disappearance and the fire were NOT cause and effect...then that would be two more HIGHLY unlikely coincidences in the same place......and as for Captains promotions...their timing seems painfully convenient as well......" trailing off

Hirokatsu waited a moment... then said again to his old friend. "Regardless...i agree, i shall return immediately to the Seretei..."

He looked up to the old man on the screen, it saddened Hiroaktsu to see him not in good health, but he did not dare show that in his demeanor. A sick Osamu was still a force to reckon with and not one to be applied something as trivial as pity.

Hirokatsu awaited Osamu's response, his closed umbrella held with both hands horizontally behind his back at the waist, he looked up to the Cpt.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Mountain - Ryouichi & Co]

Ryouichi surrounds four hapless prisoners with his spell, unwittingly knocking them off their feet as the rope of bright energy constricts around them. One of the prisoners, a greying little woman with milky eyes, does not take kindly to this. "What the hell do you think you're doing, brat!", she screeches, "The darn mountain is coming down around our ears! How the **** are we supposed to get down from here like this!?!"

This rouses the other inmates some, and those also bound join her in an angry affirmation. "Let us walk you morons! It's not like we can do **** with these shackles on anyway!"

Those not yet caught try to hastily scramble away from the rain of hot water, desperate to get down from the heights before anything more disastrous happen. Several bursts of static can be heard from the Captains' Reiphones again, but they're still just noise.

Then, Ryouichi gets a distinct feel that he's being watched - and a moment later, a female voice echoes in his head, clear as day.

"Tsukada-soutaichou, this is Yamamoto-fukutaichou. Your presence is requested for a situational overview as soon as possible. Over."

Then the voice cuts off, as abruptly as it started. A rough guess would be that she used a combination of #58 Kakushitsuijaku and #77 Tenteikūra to find and alert him.

Below, myriad Shinigami scurry about like little ants as they build a blockade around the disaster site. From the heights, it doesn't seem all that impressive, but it's sure to do its job. The mountain is largely untouched yet - engineers from 7th are waiting for heavy equipment to arrive.
    Ryouichi impassively looks to the prisoners. "You can still walk... this is only a precaution. However, to your benefit, I have other places to be. So it would be slightly more expedient." He dismisses the kido. "Do not think for a minute that a tear will be shed for a handful of traitors, however." With that, the Commander turns to Kazuo and Masaru. "...Apparently I have business to attend to. Shall we make our way back out?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-03-24 at 11:39 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

"Traitor? TRAITOR!?! What the **** did you expect us to do, stay still and get crushed by rocks!?!", the woman shrieks. "I served Gotei without fault for four centuries, whelp! And all I got as a payback was being locked in the dark for ages! I never even got trial, no-one ever told me how long my sentence would last, and you're calling me a traitor!?!" She crawls up and spits at Ryouchi's feet.

"It was you ****ers who betrayed me. So take that stick out of your ass, boy, and get the heck out of here!"

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Misaki Ichimyouri]

Misaki was putting the majority of her focus on the Kido barrier she had finished setting up. The rest of her focus was on trying to figure out what this place is or was, and why exactly they require so many divisions to be containing the situation. From what she could tell at the least, it looked like nothing more then a glorified prison break.

A little confused but not questioning orders, she sat on the ground, with her legs crisscrossed, maintaining the barrier as she watched other shinigami round up these runaway prisoners. Then she heard some commotion in the direction of Taro. After hearing his name a few times she just figured that some of these escapees had decided to pick a fight with Taro, thinking they could take him. Miaski had rarely seen him do much fighting, but she knew that he was a strong fighter. Misaki leaned to her side to see if she could see the fight speaking to herself
    Be careful Taro-kun...

------------------------------------
    [Katisugo Ichimyouri]

Katisugo shunpo-ed back to the 12th Division Headquarters, his Captain not informing him of any further orders, beyond securing the Installation and Laboratories. So he just began leisurely strolling around the 12th entrance, thinking to himself maybe a stray prisoner would have made his way over here. Or whoever started this whole attack would be making there escape in this direction. Regardless it was better then going back inside to finish up some menial documents.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HirokatsuGoto View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

(at the scene of the collapse, with 5 other 10th division unseated)

Taro shakes his head a bit, and looks back to his 5 men. At that moment a large cadre of 10th Division members of all ranks showed up, near the 3rd Seat. The orders were flying from all directions it seemed, but Taro knew his job at this moment. Or at least he knew what eh and his men were going to do.

Taro quickly gathered the 10th Division members close and relayed the organizational orders. Taro then sent out the majority of the group (save the 5 members whom had been with him), to follow those orders and work in coordination with the other divisions, per the command structure. He sent them off with a large "GO!" which was followed by an even larger division response of "HAI!" as they ran off.

Taro kept the 5 men whom had been with him from arriving apart. He looked to them, one older unseated Shinigami looked unfazed, but the other four looked as if they were in shock almost, the destruction and large assembled force for cleanup seemed to bring them out of their comfort level.

Taro smiled to them, and bent down slightly as they looked to him. Taro spoke confidently to them. "Now...you five...you are coming with me, I am sure there are some 'people' who need our special attention..." (referring to prisoners)

Taro them smiled largely and adjusted his robes, as he turned and looked to the rubble...still speaking to them "...let's go, i have a feeling not all of this is going to be fixed by cleaning up some stone and dirt..."

A brief look back to them men, and a nod, and they shunpo'd off towards the rubble, but seemingly around it. Taro wanted to do close observation from some of the less populated sides of the destruction, in case any prisoners thought they could slip out.

-----------------

(Near collapse, away from the masse of gathered Shinigami)

Taro saw them after a while, it was a group of about 15 prisoners, loosely gathered together ducking in and out from behind large rocks moving away from the rubble. It looked even like their shackles were off, as he saw their hands free. One could never be too safe with prisoners, but this was no time to be safe.

Taro stopped his shunpo, with his men stopping too, behind a large boulder barely big enough to hide the large Taro, but along the route the escapees were taking. His back against the boulder he looked to his men and brought his large hand up to his lips and quietly said "shhhh....escapees" as he pointed with his thumb behind him around the boulder.

Each man snuck up to the edge of the boulder and peered around it, each seeing them before returning back behind the stone boulder and the flesh boulder of Taro.

Taro looked to them sternly. "These men need to be apprehended immediately, do not take them lightly...and do not hesitate...they have broken Soul Society law..."

Taro then peered behind the rock quickly, and then back to the men. He looked at them strong, then smiled very widely, he then adjusted his belt and strode out boldly from behind the large boulder. The escapees, were only 20 yards away as he did so.

"HO... HO.. HO..ho... what do we have here guys?" as his men came out behind Taro, with their hands on their swords hilts. "...looks like a bunch of riff raff thinking they can get away with breaking laws without paying the consequences..." he had both his hands on his belt and his stance was wide as he looked at them with a smirk. "...you think you are above the law eh?"

The escapees all stopped dead in their tracks, and gathered near a large man in front of them The escapees looked to be in good shape, and the man leading them was pretty big and strong, and had broken shackles at his wrists, his hands were somewhat bloodied, as were the other escapees broken shackles.

"This guy must have had his shackles broken in the collapse, and then went about freeing these other ones" Taro thought.

The escapees did not look scared, and the man in front of them definitely not. They seemingly made this choice knowing they might have to fight their way out. And here was their fight. Some of them were picking up rocks in their hands, a few had large pieces of broken wood with nails in it.

"Why don yooo...get out of our way fata$$..?" the large one said to Taro mockingly. "...there are a bunch of us..." (15) "...and you only have a few wimps and your larda$$...." laughing a bit to the other prisoners..
    "...make it easy on yourself fatso....let us by and go eat some cake...at least you will enjoy that" the large man said pumping his fist into his palm

Taro's stern look turned to a large smile...then slowly...started to laugh..."h..ha...hha...ha...ha....hahahaha...ha..HAAH...HA AHA HAHHAAHAHAHA.." His men behind him had faces of anger at the large man's words towards their 3rd seat. NO ONE talked to Taro that way.

"ha...ha...haha..ha...h....Oh my...you must have been in there for quite a while to talk that way...." he then took one LARGE step forward, BAM and was immediately in his Sumo crouch, his right foot forward and his large right hand with an open palm (curled fingers) directed at the escapees.

"...i was hoping you would come quietly and accept your fate...but it looks like you will be adding more than just attempted escape onto your list of crimes....but also ... ASSAULTING an officer of the Gotei....NOW COME ON!..." Taro's voice boomed to the escapees.

It was at this moment when one of the escapees, a pretty strong looking guy, dropped his rock. He timidly said..."oh...oh...my...that...that...that's Taro Banzuke!" the man ran forward towards Taro his hands in the air "Who's that?" one of the other escapees said back "he was a Yokozuna in the SSSWF (Soul Society Sumo Wrestling Federation)....he went 115 matches in a row without losing...you guys really must HAVE been in here forever to not know of him!"

"ah...a fan" Taro said as the man approached and dropped to his knees in front of him...speaking in all ernest "Banzukewaka...Banzukewaka!!... i am so sorry...i give up, please take me back to prison...i wont be a problem..." Taro then nodded and pointed him over towards a boulder to sit out of the way.....the man said "hai!" but then lingered a moment with his head down..."what is it!" Taro said "...um Banzukewaka...can..i get your autograph!!!" his head sprung up with a large boyish like smile...

Taro and the rest of the gathered Shinigami and escapees looked on for a moment quizzically...dumbfounded.

Then all of their jaws dropped to the floor! Well except Taro....

"Sure kid!! no problem!! Nothing i wouldnt do for a fan!!!" Taro said while easing up and belly laughing once "HA!" Then out of nowhere came a little piece of paper and a pen from inside Taro's robes, it looking like a toothpick in his large hands. He quickly signed his name with a flourish and handed it to the man, and pat him on the head like a little boy. "Now go sit down...I have some work to do..." he said as his voice and posture return to "serious" mode as he pushed aside the Sumo fan and escapee.

The escapees and 10th members all tensed back up. The escapees re-gripping their makeshift weapons, the unseated Shinigami with their thumbs under their tsubas.

Taro stood crouched his right hand and foot forward, his left foot back, his left hand slightly above his shoulder and beside his head.

"Enough of this $hit!..come on!!!" The large escapee then lunged forward into a run with a yell "YAAAAHHHHH!!!" the other men following suit with him

Taro smiled "bring it" he said softly to himself.

-----------------------

(at the collapse)

9TH DIVISION

9th Division squads are seen to arrive from multiple directions briefly (though not the whole division), only to then shunpo off in multiple directions (after butterflies reach the commanding officers). Few words were said by the officers, head nods and different types of pointing seemed to be the prevalent type of communication at the moment. They sped off to surround the mountain and observe and take notes of any stragglers, prisoners, or of any misconduct (by or towards prisoners) which might go unnoticed in such confusion.

---------------------

9th DIVISION

A small 5 man (but there is one woman in it) squad of 9th Division members, observe from afar 3rd Seat of the 10th Division, Taro Banzuke and some of his men as they approach some seeming prisoners attempting an escape. They watch, but do not approach.

(at the scene of the collapse, with 5 other 10th division unseated being rushed by 14 escaping prisoners)

The escaping prisoners rush forward in two masses. One group of 8 men rushing ahead of the "leader" of the group with broken timber as clubs. The other six headed by the "leader" come in a little slower, probably hoping to serve as an impact to overwhelm while the first wave weakens the Shinigami.

The group of 8 rush forward yelling, some with hate in their eyes from years of anger and imprisonment, others with a kind of frightened welling of tears in their eyes. This may be their one and only shot at freedom once again.

Taro looks on as they get closer, his eyes somewhat lighthearted but still intense. The first eight get closer and closer, 10ft, 9ft, 8ft....Taro's eyes hardened along with his muscles and stance awaiting the impact, his hand not on his zanpaktuo.

7ft....6ft....5ft!! The prisoners yelling intensifies as they all bring their weapons up and swing in for their attack on Taro

KRINK!!!!!!!!...KRINK!!!!..KWINK!!!!..KWANK!!!!!!! !..KWEET!!!!..KWOOSH!!!!!!!!...KLINNK!!!!...KRANK! !!!....

Taro's eyes widen, as what he sees in front of him as the prisoners came no further stopped in their attacks within only a few feet of Taro.

The "leader" of the prisoner's eyes harden as his group stops and watches, his eyes fill with anger.

In front of Taro, all contorted yet all cohesive in a kind of beautiful pose, Taro's 5 unseated members stand having blocked all 8 strikes from the prisoners with their swords and stand in defense and guard of their 3rd seat Taro.

The eight prisoners eyes and mouths are wide, they had planned to go after Taro in hope to deal with the other after. Chopping off the head of the snake first...

"No one strikes our 3rd seat without coming through US first!!!" the older member of the unseated group accompanying Taro said with a staunch firmness. "you will stand down and come quietly!!...or we will be forced to make you come quietly...one way or another..."

Taro's smile returned for a moment as he heard his unseated's voice call out with such vigor. He knew the Cpt had trained them all well, no matter their rank they all KNEW their jobs and did not hesitate.

"we will take care of these guys sir" looking back to Taro for the briefest moment... "...we'll have em in chains in no time right guys??..." he said then to the other four unseated. "HAAAI!!" they all said in unison as they in concert pushed off their blocks of the prisoners and the prisoners themselves, walking them away from in front of Taro to one side about 20 ft away. Taro only nodded lightly with confidence to them.

The prisoners moved to the side with relative ease as they backed off slightly at the sword point of the 5 unseated. one looked back to the prisoner "leader" but was only met with disgust as he said with false bravado "You eight kill those sissies and then join back up with us when you are done with them!" looking on to Taro stepping a few steps forward pounding his fist into his other hand harshly.

The leader and the other six moved forward towards Taro, it was clear these were the bigger of the group as well. The leader of them was obviously stronger than them all, but the others were not slouches, and there was no fear in their eyes as they came forward, only hate and anger welled in their eyes as the grip their metal rods tightly.

"I'll give you all one more shot and it comes with an offer...stand down and come quietly...and i will do all i can to make sure you are treated fairly and get no extra years on your sentence for attempted escape or assault..." looking briefly over to the one prisoner from before was sitting quietly nearby admiring his Sumo signature...then back to the "leader"... "...this is your last chance however, after this point...i will do everything in my power to not only stop you, but also make sure you never see the light of day again..." Taro's voice was somewhat more harsh as it went on

"FPpputtt!!!" was the only sound Taro heard as he looked on seeing the "leader" spit towards Taro. Taro shook his head slightly, even though he knew his offer would go unheard.

Five of the "leaders" men rushed forward towards Taro now yelling, also he could hear the sounds of swords and yells from his side where his men were fighting. Taro stood confidently and in a Sumo crouch, as they ran forward. Taro smacked himself hard on the chest with both hands, and did a kind of shaking violent stretch motion quickly, removing all the sweat and dirt on his body (would look like a kind of prematch Sumo routine)

10ft..8ft..6ft....4ft.... they all swung their weapons at Taro with such anger and violence. Their eyes had no remorse, no care, they were already dead it seemed to Taro, this was their only chance at something more than darkness and imprisonment.

They came straight on towards Taro, this was a mistake.

---------------------

9th DIVISION

The small five person squad of 9th Division Shinigami stood from concealed areas dispersed amongst some outlying rocks and trees. They watched 3rd seat Taro and his men. One member was writing in small notepad. They continued to look on silently.