New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,487 of 1487
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXII: Pray he doesn't alter them any furthe

There's still totally a chance this is some sort of elabourate gambit on the part of Snuggly, and it'll infest this lobster-abomination and burst out from the abdomen as some sort of terrible non-elucidean...thing.

Right?
    RIGHT?

Then, y'know, the wedding will have to be cancelled and those plot-trinkets Miranda made would be explained decently and maybe used, but not in such a fashion that the whole fight becomes meaningless. They could even (hope against hope) kill off a Deegan!

Preferably Greg, but, y'know. Probably Jacob as some sort of redemption thing. Or Celesto, even though he's not First Caste, which actually makes him more likely a target.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXII: Pray he doesn't alter them any furthe

Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire, Mk. XXXIII: Rule#1 Is In Effect

Rule #1 being, of course; "It can always get worse. ALWAYS."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    Does this need the new trope name "Chekov's Invisible Gun"? It somehow feels right.
    I think "Ass Pull" suffices by all necessary criteria.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

You know, I think I'd actually have been impressed with Destructocrab if he hadn't made the claws so incredibly monotone and therefore looking flat as pancakes.

And then it just reminds me that Mookie tends to be lazy with his art again.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2. It all seemed harmless. Square root of 912.04 is 30.2..."

"It all seemed harmless..."

Character Roster:

Ami Nakamura - Self Taught Sorceress [Sacramento Occult]

4. - Top - End - #1474

AssassinGuy

I want to like today's comic. I really do.

It has a decently drawn (somewhat) monster that isn't humanized. That's a plus.

Still, it's becoming increasingly difficult to take Snuggly as a serious multiversal threat. There's only so many times you can Punch Out Cthulhu before it starts getting old. Assuming Mookie is even trying to be serious -- I wouldn't be surprised if this was all just a giant joke on the readers.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rocketpony View Post
    Buh

The guardians of an entire plane, the nightmare custodians of an immolated eternity, cannot defend their charge without the help of Dominic redword Deegan.
    And the unknowable creature from realms beyond dreams and knowledge folds like a cheap card table, as soon as he's discovered.

I still have a tiny flickering candle of hope that this is part of a greater gambit, and Snuggly is exploiting Dominic's arrogance here. Dom sees Snuggly is falling to pieces everywhere he looks, and so he never follows up. Snuggly'll never set foot in Destrucción, thinks our hero, not after such a thorough trouncing!, and so goes back to planning his wedding as Snuggly consumes the entire plane, now free of Dominic's unwelcome scrutiny.

But no, this will never happen, and Snuggly is just going to keep getting kneecapped until his true form, that of a sick and weakly kitten, is revealed.

First of all, id just like to say, "DAMN YOU MOOKIE! I DEFENDED YOU!" Ok, thats out of my system. Heres my personal theory. This thing is still the big bad, its just growing. Wasnt it a hell of alot SMALLER when it first showed up and dominic blasted it? Ok, so first meeting, dom beat the tar out of it in a close fight. This time its bigger, stronger, and armored, so he had to go to the defensive measures of the plane to fight it off. And no, the plane didnt need dominic to save it. Dominic exploited the rules of the plane in order to defeat something he couldnt handle himself. Big difference. As for what this big bad is doing, we may not know for sure, but my theory is it is somehow strengthening itself with some power from each plane. Perhaps thats what he was doing in destruction in the first place? Boosting his defense so he couldnt get mind blasted again?

I forsee the next plane he stumbles across snuggly, summoning a guardian wont work. Dominic will have that smug grin on his face, as he casually, I dunno, burns a flower underneath snuggly in the plane of creation to trigger the defenses of the zone, only to see snuggly block its attack. Then we get to see that wide eyed look of surprise and panic on dominics face we so love and enjoy. At which point he will somehow manage to manifest the boss of the plane to olbiterate snuggly again and dom escapes, knowing that snuggly is getting very VERY strong and they need to stop wandering around looking for him and start looking for ways to beat him permanently.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ettin in the Playground

If it weren't for the fact that this comic manages to throw drama and comedy together in unlikely and inappropriate ways, I would be finding this incredibly hilarious.

If this comic were a simple comedy this strip would probably come across as the best strip in years.

It probably is one of the best in years. It got a chuckle. But come on, Mookie, and learn to do pacing and dramatic comedy right!

Also, for Traab, Mookie's problem with Show Don't Tell is usually that he decides to show us things that are usually better off achieved by telling and tells us everything that a good writer shows.

He's also doing a comic, so the excuse for not showing when appropriate is pretty much nonexistent.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2011-02-18 at 08:21 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

My impression was that Mookie et al are going through all the planes and defeating the avatars Snuggly has in each of them. When they finish going through the list of planes they'll go to Elemeca and fix its problem in an ultimate showdown and that garbage plane will disappear along with Snuggly.

There were 8 Planes + CallanPlane I think and they've already defeated the Snuggly avatars in Hell and Destruction. So 6-7 more interludes and Snuggly will be defeated.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmyst View Post
    Thread 33- My Little Snuggly: Stupidity is Magic.

My Little Snuggly
    My Little Snuggly
    Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh~
    My Little Snuggly

This is more than I can bear to see
    My Little Snuggly
    Could you end this world along with me?
    Lots of filler!
    Seers and sues!
    Derailing the plot!
    Saving orcs too!
    Super Greg?
    Thats it screw the rules!
    Just punch that seer right in the balls!

You have
    My Little Snuggly
    Do you know you are my very best fiennnnnnd!
    Last edited by Jahkaivah; 2011-02-18 at 08:47 AM.
    Steamname: Atheist God, if you're lucky.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Say, are we going to decide on a name for the next thread, or will it be an amusing race to see who makes it first and gets to name it whatever they want?
    I already suggested "Jumping the Mookie Shark," but nobody else seemed too enthusiastic about.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Dominic Deegan WHY HATH MOOKIE FORSAKEN US!

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

I like the art on the insect thing. Dom's face is particularly bad though. I guess Mookie ran out of his art budget.

Also Deegan BallZ is the perfect name are you people insane.

EDIT: How did Akinator get Death (Discworld) when I only answered one answer as 'yes' or 'partially', that question being 'does he stand on two legs.' Everything else was 'no.'
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2011-02-18 at 10:12 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah

Snark the comic, not the author.

Going too far into ad hominems debases the discussion, not something that a public Internet criticism thread can really afford. By moving the discussion from snark towards hate, it makes it less worth having. People doing things not worth doing is everyone's loss.

So best to keep Mookie out of the title.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Barbarian in the Playground

I definitely think that this is not the end of Snuggly. If it were, then it would be, by far, the dumbest thing that's ever happened in this comic. I am mildly disappointed that Dominic didn't defeat Snuggly by predicting the explosions; it makes that one comic where he's acting smug a total waste of time.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aziraphale View Post
    There's still totally a chance this is some sort of elabourate gambit on the part of Snuggly, and it'll infest this lobster-abomination and burst out from the abdomen as some sort of terrible non-elucidean...thing.

Right?
    RIGHT?
    Partly. Snuggly will fuse with the lobster and become The Lobster, the true essence of lobsters with a metaphysical connection to all lobster kind. TIM will make friends with King Faceless (either heads consist only of mouths) and join a day release program. He'll get a job as a waiter at a caterer and work for the Deegan wedding. And there he serves lobster. All guests will be infected by Snuggly. Their only hope are the 5 Lunaeggs who will combine their powers to create Captain Plane.

I plus that that Destroyer thing doesn't look bad, probably the best monster Mookie has drawn in a while. Shame that it make the designated Big Bad of the arc look bad in a bad way.
    Last edited by Welf; 2011-02-18 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

15. - Top - End - #1485

Holy crap, the Akinator got Dominic in 30 questions.
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

16. - Top - End - #1486

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McGician View Post
    I definitely think that this is not the end of Snuggly. If it were, then it would be, by far, the dumbest thing that's ever happened in this comic. I am mildly disappointed that Dominic didn't defeat Snuggly by predicting the explosions; it makes that one comic where he's acting smug a total waste of time.
    Even if it's not the end of Snuggly, it's an end to any threat he could potentially pose the main characters or the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahkaivah
    My Little Snuggly
    A gentleman and a scholar

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

Guess no one feels the need to make a new thread either, hm? We really need to declutter the first posts of each. That stuff is a major hassle. >_>

Alright, i'll make a new thread. Hold on to your fancy hats.

Edit:

New Thread

Last edited by Domochevsky; 2011-02-18 at 04:00 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)